Noise and Chimes

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

This is supposed to be a double update with Scarlet Fate yesterday but I ran out of time. It should have been perfect since...you know... this is a real BobDong. *awkward laugh*

And not angst! Just a short, fluffy BobDong in celebration of Jiwon's solo/unit debut with Mino! 

 


 

 

Ultimately, noise is something semi-permanent with Kim Jiwon. He’s not one to stay still or sit and enjoy the silence. He’s spontaneous, a hundred different things running in his head that make him move and express himself.

 

He dances when he feels like it, plays and teases s whenever he wants to. Never mind that they’re in an awards show or at a filming. He doesn’t care about images either. He’s always going to be “noisy” and he’d like to think he’s the kind of noise that’s chaotically good.

 

But sometimes he longs for something mellow, melodic. Something that is far from silence but not chaotic like noise. Like a perfect mixture of peace and playfulness. One of his dongsaengs is like that: a melody. Jiwon loves him the most.

 

More than he loves Hanbin and Jinhwan, even.

 

“What are you doing there hyung?”

 

He quickly swipes off the recording app just as Donghyuk leans down to peek at his phone. Thankfully the app underneath it is Instagram.

 

“Lurking?” He inwardly sighs in relief when Donghyuk sits back right up.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Tell me if there’s something interesting okay, hyung?”

 

He gives the younger male a smile and a pat on the shoulder just as Hanbin and Junhwe tries another impersonation of Yang-sajangnim. Jinhwan tells them off for the unimpressive attempt while Yunhyeong and Chanwoo tease their group’s Dumb and Dumber.

 

And Donghyuk. He smiles wide and laughs - carefree and sunny and all the things that balances out Jiwon’s noise. He scoots closer and leans his head on Donghyuk’s shoulder, eyes partly closed as he lets himself sink in the sound.

 

 

---

 

 

“Here.” he politely gives his phone to the song production assistant. “I recorded the members having fun yesterday. I want it inserted somewhere around the 3 minute mark.”

 

He points a few times on the monitor to show the assistant the location of the recorded audio file from his phone. Soon, it’s already being cleaned and mixed into his solo debut song.

 

He grins excitedly as he listened to the whole song after the first mixing. He’s eager to hear it; eager to hear s voices even though it’s only for background effects. In a way, they’re all with him even if the song’s supposed to be his solo. Other people might find those sounds as noise but for him they represent a big chunk of who he is.

 

And as he expected, the song became better with it. He really likes it as it adds emphasis to the fun feel he wants his song to have. There’s just one small thing.

 

“Hyung, can you make the laugh around 3:17 a bit louder?”

 

The assistant does as he was told and replays the change for Jiwon to hear.

 

“I think the first one’s better.” the assistant says after the replay. Jiwon gives him a pout.

 

“No way, this one’s definitely better. It’s my Donggu’s laugh you know? I can’t have a lit song without his laugh.”

 

“Ok then.” the assistant-hyung tells him with a chuckle. “You really love Donghyuk’s laugh huh?”

 

Jiwon answers as if the need for confirmation in that statement shouldn’t exist.

 

“Of course! Who wouldn’t?”

 

 

---

 

 

“Hyung! Did you secretly record us? I think I heard my laugh in your song.” Donghyuk says in urgency as he slumps on Hanbin’s empty bed, phone in hand.

 

Jiwon cackles and shifts around from under the sheets to face his dongsaeng. “Yeah. Cool right? Your noises match the song perfectly.”

 

“But you could have told us!”

 

“Ehh… it wouldn’t be natural if I told you all.”

 

Donghyuk bites the inside of his cheek for a moment. “Ok, but I wish the volume of my laugh was lowered. It makes me kind of embarrassed to hear it.”

 

“What? Why?” Jiwon sits up straight, immediately letting go of his cheery expression. He can’t believe what he just heard. “Your laugh is iconic. No pun intended.” Donghyuk snorts.

 

“Aish--”

 

“And I love it a lot.”

 

Not as much as the person himself though.

 

“Cute~” he comments with a smirk when Donghyuk blushes. His dongsaeng glares a bit at him and smacks his arm, not liking that he’s being teased.

 

“I’m out.” Donghyuk announces as he stands and proceeds to march out of the room. “But…I’m grateful you included us in your song, hyung.”

 

He turns and gives him one of those angelic smiles of his. “And thank you for appreciating the way I laugh.”

 

Jiwon grins back, suddenly feeling happier than how he was after reading the initial feedbacks on his song.

 

“There’s no need to thank me for something like that Dong. Your laugh’s practically music to my ears.”

 

Donghyuk snorts again. “Ok, that’s enough teasing for today. Goodnight!”

 

Jiwon is still grinning even after Donghyuk left him alone in his shared hotel room with Hanbin. He might have a lot but everything he said was the truth. Donggu should know that right? They’re each other’s faves after all. (Yunhyeong is trying to snatch his position but he won’t let the Nivea maniac have it)

 

He takes his phone out from under the pillow when it dings. He opens the message to see a cute selca of his fave with a message below.

 

“I said this already, but congrats on your solo debut hyung. I’m proud of you! I’ll laugh more from now on. Kekeke”

 

Ahhh, so adorable.

 

Jiwon is giggling childishly, so unlike the “Bobby” he showed in his song MV. Like always, he doesn’t care. He saves the selca in his Donghyuk dedicated folder and tucks himself in to sleep. Adding his brothers’ voices in HOLUP really is the right decision. Junhwe and Jinhwan might complain though since theirs are muffled and barely recognizable compared to Donghyuk’s.

 

They can’t blame him. After all, Donghyuk is the melody he loves best.

 

.

.

.

 


 

Unfortunately from here on, the updates will be more sporadic. I have tons of work projects to do so, yeah. :( And the length of the coming updates will be shorter as well, mostly around the word count of this one (900+ words or less). I'll definitely lurk around here though, hahaha.

Thank you and see you guys next time!