Stomach Problems

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

This isn't supposed to come out next but since the previous chapter made some of you sad, I decided something in contrast should follow it up. Bestfriends!Jundong yay! :)

 


 

 

Junhwe actually meant it when he told Bobby in their V-App for Chanwoo's birthday that he and Hanbin love Donghyuk.

 

He didn't know the extent to which Hanbin loves their aegyo member but for Junhwe, he loves Donghyuk to the moon and back. He never says this (and will never get caught red-handed saying it), but he finds Donghyuk absolutely adorable and thinks he's at least a quarter angel or something because the dude is too damn kind. Besides, unknown to others outside iKON, the two of them are best friends.

 

And that same love is precisely why Junhwe's closet hobby (along with Hanbin and sometimes the rest of the members), is to tease Donghyuk and embarrass him once in a while because for him that's where his aegyo literally comes from. There's something endearingly cute in the way Donghyuk reacts to every teasing; whether he's smacking or playfully pushing the instigator out of embarrassment, or he's looking down with the shy smile and pink flush on his face because he can't handle a teasing compliment.

 

June admits it’s gotten worse ever since he, Donghyuk and Hanbin became roommates. The three of them became closer, and so is the ease to which he and Hanbin would tease and banter with Dong. Sometimes Junhwe would like to all-out express this dynamic between them three in front of the fans, but he's currently playing the ship tease with Jinhwan and Hanbin is like a wandering agent in regards to that. (Junhwe knows about his pairing with Donghyuk though, and he's impressed with how the fans had caught those minuscule details between the two of them. He regrets that it died, he could have used that as a chance to publicly tease Donghyuk as much as he wants).

 

With all the fun Junhwe had with teasing Donghyuk, he sometimes can't see when he and Hanbin would go too far. Bobby called them out during the V-App, telling him he’s terrible, and he and Hanbin defended their actions. Junhwe really thought it was all in good fun. It’s not the first time Donghyuk had stomach problems and certainly not the first time they about it. Dong even just let them before (he made faces but that's just about it).

 

So when the V-App broadcast ended and Junhwe saw Donghyuk lying on his bed fully clothed and curled in a fetal position, he was taken aback.

 

For one, Donghyuk very rarely sleeps with full clothes on (the ones shown in WIN and M&M are only because there are cameras. Heck, Bobby even said he sleeps ) so if he does sleep with all the clothing articles including a sweater over a long-sleeved shirt and a freaking beanie, that means Donghyuk is either just really cold or is really sick. Based on the current happenings with him, Junhwe concludes it’s the latter.

 

He gently closed the door and cautiously sat on Donghyuk's bunk. He patted his friend on the arm.

 

"Hey. You ok?"

 

He heard Donghyuk groan and watched him change his position underneath his blanket to fully face him.

 

"I've been in the bathroom the whole day. You think I'm ok?"

 

Uh-oh, Junhwe thought. The group's resident warm guy isn't smiling, had his voice hoarse and his complexion is completely pale - like almost deathly pale. It scared June.

 

"Did you take medicine for your stomach already?"

 

"Yeah. But I vomited right after so I don't know if the medicine's still in my system. I don't want to risk drinking another one, though."

 

"You vomited?" June widened his eyes. "That never happened before."

 

Donghyuk sighed then placed an arm on his eyes. "I know, and it . Yunhyuk-hyungnim thinks I might have caught some kind of bacteria from the things we ate in Japan."

 

Junhwe had this reflex to about eating too much because Donghyuk did eat the most, with the largest variety of food even, but he held down the reflex. It’s obviously not the right time. Donghyuk is seriously sick and Junhwe suddenly feels like a massive jerk for laughing about him and making fun of him in V-App.

 

So that's why Bobby called him out for being bad, he realized, because their main rapper might've known already. If he thought more about it, Hanbin wasn't even using his teasing voice when he told the fans in the broadcast about Dong's stomach ache. Their leader only started teasing Donghyuk's video non-existence when he made laughing faces at the background. It was some sort of bro-code he and Hanbin have.

 

"Donghyukie." He called. Said person hummed an ascent, signaling him to speak up.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Junhwe watched as his best friend peeked at him from under his arm and gave him a confused stare.

 

"You'll find out soon why I'm saying this. I just want you to know that I'm sorry."

 

Normally Donghyuk would have pestered him to spit it out. But because he's sick, he didn't. He just sighed and nodded then didn't say anything else.

 

Junhwe still wasn't at ease with that. He wanted to do something for him.

 

"Want me to make you tea? Or get you a glass of water?"

 

"That's sweet of you Junhwe but you don't have to. I'll just sleep this one out. Thanks for the offer though."

 

"...you sure?"

 

"I'm sure." Donghyuk glanced at him again, smiling weakly. "I know my own body enough."

 

He should have smiled back but Junhwe couldn’t find it in himself to actually do it. Instead he nodded, patted Dong on the arm again, and then stood up. He left the room as quietly as possible before finding Hanbin.

 

Their leader was at the kitchen again, playing a game on his phone while Bobby was texting. Yunhyeong and Chanwoo weren't there so they must be resting in their room now.

 

"Hanbin-hyung." He called, placing enough emphasis to make Hanbin pause the game and give him full attention.

 

"Yeah?"


"How about we sleep at the living room tonight? I don't really want to disturb Donghyuk-ah when he's so sick."

 

Bobby snickered a bit then lowered his phone too. "So you finally know. I don't know how you would just disregard him like that when you and Donggie are best friends."

 

"He's having too much fun teasing poor Dongdong." Hanbin added. "And sure, we can sleep at the living room. We can't crash with Jinhwan-hyung anyway."

 

Junhwe rolled his eyes. "You were laughing too leader, in case you forgot. Even you, Bobby-hyung."

 

"We're in a freaking V-App broadcast for Chanwoo's birthday. How am I supposed to act?" Hanbin remarked. Bobby nodded.

 

"Exactly. It really wasn't the best timing. I did call you guys out you know."

 

"And I told you we love him. That should be enough to let our fans know we didn't have bad intentions." Junhwe stated firmly then faced Hanbin with a scowl.

 

"I'm taking the main couch. You take the smaller one since you’re shorter than me."

 

Hanbin blinked. "Yah, what did you just--

 

"Later."

 

Hanbin huffed as their their sassy vocalist exited the kitchen. Bobby started cackling.

 

Junhwe entered his shared room and gathered the necessary blankets and pillows as silently as he can. Donghyuk was thankfully already fast asleep, though there were moments where he would shuffle underneath his blanket and groan a bit.

 

When he returned to the living room, Hanbin was already there surfing channels in the TV. Bobby was there too, grinning from ear to ear as he told him he decided to sleep there as well before annoyingly wiggling his eyebrows at him. Junhwe wanted to flip him off but eh, he wouldn’t give Bobby the satisfaction. He took his space at the main couch and haphazardly gave his other two companions the extra blankets and pillows, just in time for Hanbin to settle on a late night variety show. They watched it for a bit before turning the TV off and settling to sleep.

 

The next morning, Donghyuk still wasn't feeling well but his visits to the bathroom lessened. They still had to go practice for their performance in M Countdown so Donghyuk has no choice but to go (Dong didn't complain though. He's even one of the first to get ready).

 

During lunch break, Donghyuk sat beside Junhwe while they're at the YG cafeteria. Junhwe quickly noted that there’s only soup, some kimchi, and a small serving of rice on Dong's tray.

 

"That’s it?"

 

Donghyuk shrugged and started sipping the soup. "My stomach still doesn't want me to take more."

 

That's another opportunity for Junhwe to about large appetites and its consequences. But because Donghyuk still isn't fully well, he resisted. Dong gave him a weird look at that, obviously bewildered by his silent response.

 

"I finally watched our V-App for Chanu's birthday. Now I know why you're apologizing last night." Dong told him when the silence was still going-on. The others notably paid attention.

 

Junhwe gulped. At that point, he doesn't care that the hyungs and their maknae are watching them as if they're some sort of soap opera. If Donghyuk is seriously angry…

 

"You're not angry right?"

 

"No." Donghyuk quickly answered. "It pissed me off a little, but you didn't know how bad it was so it’s fine."

 

Junhwe unconsciously heaved a huge sigh of relief. Bobby, Yunhyeong and even their sick mat-hyung started teasing Junhwe for it, while Hanbin and Chanwoo both placed more food on Donghyuk's tray as an "apology" for their behavior in the V-App broadcast as well. Donghyuk protested about the extra food, but didn't give it back either because the two insisted on it. Junhwe smirked at that and decided to try teasing him. He pointed to Donghyuk's tray with his chopsticks.

 

"You can stop pretending you don’t want it. We all know that’s still not enough for you."

 

To Junhwe's relief for the second time, Donghyuk rolled his eyes playfully at him and took the bait.

 

"It’s nice of you to be normal again, Goo Junhwe. I was a bit scared last night since you're so caring."

 

The others squealed girlishly, causing Junhwe to blush but not enough to be fully flustered. He threw a tease back at his best friend and with that their bantering dynamic was in full force again.

 

"Oh, and by the way," Donghyuk suddenly cut in, giving Junhwe an adorable smile. "I love you too."

 

The members squealed again, louder this time, while Junhwe was blanked out for a moment. Then he remembered the V-App and what he said to Bobby.

 

He felt heat rising in his cheeks, then nudged Donghyuk away when he started doing aegyo poses to him. He's supposed to retort back but nothing came to his mind since he was still caught off-guard.

 

Donghyuk laughed at that and then patted his back in both comfort and gratefulness. Hearing his laugh and feeling his friendly pat caused Junhwe to forget his embarrassment and just be happy that his best friend can laugh again.

 

Oh well, Junhwe can always find another thing to tease Donghyuk with next time.


.

.

.