Chapter 34

Protector

Tao watched as Kris smiled beside Joonmyeon hyung.

"That player.." Tao huffed in annoyance.

"I thought you said you didn't like him?" Jongin said, flicking his pen up and down the library desk.

"I don't!" Tao immediatly denied. "He's just...really good looking."

Jongin tried to hide his smirk. "Yeah, good looking and used to hit on you."

"He was annoying." Tao shakes his head and tries to focus on his book at not at the tall blonde man only tables away.

Why is he all smiley with Joonmyeon? Do they know each other?

"If you're wondering why they're together, its because Kris and Joonmyeon used to date." Jongin says, eyes trained on his blank notebook.

"D-Date?" Tao stuttered. His eyes flew back to the two. Joonmyeon reached over to hit Kris' arm while the latter leaned back with laughter.

"Yep. Shocking right? Joonmyeon didn't seem like he would go for such a flirt...maybe someone like my Kyungie. Someone responsible..quiet..smart, you know?" Jongin commented, knowing that Tao was already comparing.

"Well.." Tao watched Kris stare at Joonmyeon as he read his book. "Does Kris still like that hyung?"

Jongin shrugged. "Dunno. You know Joonmyeon..he's still upset about Yixing."

Tao watched Kris organize Joonmyeon's books before they suddenly met each other's gaze for a split second. Tao was too slow to look away when Kris sent him a sneaky wink before the eye contact was gone.

"Yo...Tao..?" Jongin watched his friend comeback to his senses.

"U-huh?" Tao blinked.

"Why is your face so red?"

Tao's hands flew to his cheeks. "They are?! I-It must be hot in here."

Jongin smirked. "Are you sure you're just not flustered from looking at Kris?"

"What?! N-No no no!" Tao huffed and stood up from his seat, closing one of the books he was reading. "I-I'm going to return this."

-

Tao groaned as he struggled to put away the P.E. supplies into the gym shed. "Where the hell is Sehun? He's on closet duty with me.."

Despite his strong aura, Tao was extremely clumsy. Just as he tried to push two boxes of tennis balls into the top shelf, he lost his balance on the stool.

"Ah--!" Tao shut his eyes for the fall but instead found himself in someone's arms.

"You okay?" The familiar voice rang in Tao's ear, causing him to instictively jump up and away from his protector.

"K-Kris?!" Tao straightened himself up and avoided the taller male's gaze.

Kris smiled at him and helped him put the box up with ease.

Tao crossed his arms over his chest. "Who do you think you are? Prince Charming? I'm not-"

Before Tao could even finish his words, Kris was already leaving the gym. Tao stared in shock and embarrassment.

Kris just..walked away? He didn't even use a cheesey pick up line yet!

Tao didn't even realize he was pouting until Sehun came jogging over from the other exit.

"Oh hey, sorry. I was at the dorms with Jongin..Why do you look so upset?" Sehun eyed Tao.

"I look upset? About what?" Tao blinked. Sehun shrugged.

"You tell me."

-

"Sup."

Yixing looked over to the doorway of the nurse's office. Kris leaned on the door frame with ease before closing the door and making his way over to where the other male sat.

"What is it?"

Kris sat on Yixing's working table.

"I was wondering..What is Byun Baekhyun's nova?"

The senior narrowed his eyes but his face didn't show much emotion. "Why do you want to know?"

"Well," Kris put a hand in his pockets. "I'm just curious. I heard he and Chanyeol are dating."

Yixing nods, unaffected, as he sorted the documents. "Yeah. I know."

"And you lost him to Chanyeol?" Kris provoked.

"Yep." Yixing nodded again. "Sounds about right."

Kris' eyes widened. "Wow, Xing, not even defending yourself. Are you just being easy on Chanyeol?"

Yixing looked up at him, slightly annoyed. "I only want Baekhyun to be happy. If it's with Chanyeol, then I won't stop him. What do you want?"

Kris put his hands up with a smile. "Hey, I was only asking. But..what about Joonmyeon?"

Yixing paused, holding a stack of papers in one hand.

"What about him?"

"Are you going to let him keep crushing on you? You're not going to return his feelings?"

"Why? Are you going to pity date him again?" Yixing glances up at Kris.

"I want to." Kris admits.

"Then do it. No one is stopping you."

Kris crossed his arms over his chest. "Actually, you are. You know clearly that Joonmyeon likes you. Yet you leave him hanging."

"He knew I could never return his feelings."

"You can't or you don't want to?" Kris questioned.

Yixing fell silent.

"Both."

Kris stood up and walked closer to the other male.

"Then, if you don't want him," Kris bent down to Yixing's ear. "I can have him, right?"

Yixing clenched his jaw. "Sure."

Kris pulled back with a satisfied smirk on his face. "Good."

Kris made his way over to the door but turned around as he grabbed the handle.

"And..don't come running to take him back. He's really mine this time." Kris says, meeting Yixing's eyes for two seconds. With that, Kris pulled the door open.

"Holy shi-!"

Kris looked down to see Tao at his feet. He had fallen over the second Kris pulled the door in and landed on the ground with a thud.

"Panda?" Kris raised an eyebrow as Tao looked up at him with red cheeks.

"I- uh- I wasn't- I mean-"

Kris helped him up but said no more, leaving the dark haired male at the door way. 

Tao bit his lip. Kris still...likes Joonmyeon hyung.

*

Tao raised an eyebrow before frowning. "What did you just call me?"

"Pan-da. Panda."

Tao narrows his eyes. "I have a name."

The blonde male stuffed his hands into his pockets and leaned over. "And so does everyone in this school."

The sophomore rolled his eyes, feeling insulted. "Excuse me, sir, but I'd rather not be called panda when you look like a overgrown chicken."

The senior's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "C-Chicken..?"

Tao cocked his head to the side. "Yep. Why? Don't like it?"

The latter straightened himself and stared down at the boy in front of him.

"My name is Kris." He says in fluent Chinese, taking Tao by surprise. "And you must be my future boyfriend."

--

"Hey panda." 

Tao turned around when he noticed the blonde male casually walking beside him as he made his way to the cafeteria. He frowned before holding the strap of his backpack tighter. 

"What do you want?"

"You."

Tao huffed. "Wait a thousand years."

Kris smirked. "Then will you be mine?"

Tao groaned with annoyance. "Just get lost! Why do you keep bothering me?! You don't even know me.." 

The safeguard frowned, slowing down his steps. "Do you really want that?"

Tao paused to look back at him.

"Do you really want me to stop?"

Tao nodded his head as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Yes!"

"Okay," Kris nodded. "I'll leave you alone..panda."

*

Tao took a deep breath, prepared to leave when he heard Yixing call out to him.

"Tao! Did you need something?" Yixing asks, walking over to him.

The sophomore shook his head. "N-No..I'll see you another time, ge." 

Yixing nodded. "Okay."

--

"I don't think it's working.." Joonmyeon groaned. He shut the book on his desk, watching Kris scroll through his laptop.

"Hm?" Kris was mostly concentrated on the files Principal Kim had sent him.

"Our plan to get Yixing. He hasn't even spoken or looked at me once! All I've been doing is sitting with you during most of my meals, during my free periods, and studying with you.." Joonmyeon frowned.

"Trust me, it'll work." Kris said, not even looking away from his computer.

Joonmyeon put his books away and jumped onto his bed, laying his body beside Kris'.

"Hey, how far is Kyungsoo's new room from here?" Kris asked.

Joonmyeon scrunched his nose. "Kyungsoo? Uh..a few doors down I think. Why?"

"I have to ask him a few things." Kris closed his laptop and got off the bed.

"Leaving?"

Kris nodded. "Yeah. I'll be back if you want-"

"No, you don't have to. It's already 8 anyway. Go rest." Joonmyeon says, getting cozy in his bed.

"Alright. Night, Joon."

Joonmyeon cringed at the nickname. "Yah! Don't call me tha-"

Kris was already out the door.

-

"Kyungsoo!" Kris knocked on the door of the room that should have been Kyungsoo's, according to the files Principal Kim sent.

There was no response before there was a loud thud and shuffling around.

"Kyung-" Kris was cut off when the short senior opened the door with wide eyes.

His hair was slightly messy and his shirt was out of place. Kris raised an eyebrow.

"Should I come back another time?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, ears pink. "N-No! It's fine-"

"Yes! Come another time you bastard!" Kris could regocnize that as Jongin's voice even from a mile away.

Kyungsoo chuckled nervously, before running a hand through his hair.

"What did you need, hyung?" Kyungsoo asked, opening the door wider for him to come in.

"I just wanted to ask you a few things..." Kris immeidately noticed Jongin curled up on one of the beds, Kris assumed was Kyungsoo's, with no shirt on. Baekhyun wasn't on his bed or anywhere in the room.

"Ugh..last time was Jongdae and now Kris." Jongin grumbled. Kyungsoo motioned for Kris to take a seat on the chair as he sat down on the bed by Jongin's legs.

"Don't mind him. He's just grumpy." Kyungsoo explained.

Kris put his laptop on Kyungsoo's desk. "Sorry to disturb you two..Where's Baekhyun?"

"At Chanyeol's." Jongin said before Kyungsoo could say anything. "Right across the hall."

Kris smirked. "Well that's convenient."

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin for interrupting. "Anyway, what did you want to ask me?"

"Right..So, Principal Kim mentioned that a student was expelled a few months ago." Kris started off.

"Expelled?" Kyungsoo tried to think of the last time a student was expelled.

Kris nodded. "Her name was Song Min Ah."

Jongin sat up, scooting closer to rest his arms around Kyungsoo's waist and his chin on his shoulder.

 "I remember!"

Kris wheeled his chair over. "What happened to her?"

"Well, Jongdae and Sehun came to us the day Kyungsoo and I made up and started dating." Jongin almost lost track, thinking of the day he finally kissed his favorite person in the world. "And there was an inccident between Min Ah and Baekhyun.

At this time, Baekhyun was still warming up to Chanyeol and it seemed that Yeol's admirers got jealous. Song Min Ah had a voice controlling nova. She could take away or mute someone's voice. I think she wasn't alone either. I heard some of my classmates talking about this last time but either way, she used her nova on Baekhyun in front of a whole crowd of students. Apparently she was provoking him to use his powers. They called him a few names and what not..But in the end Baekhyun didn't use his power but according to Taehyung, he grabbed her arm and yelled at her for insulting Chanyeol." Jongin explains.

Kris tried to understand the situation. "Wait..but didn't he lose his voice?"

"Maybe Baekhyun grabbing her shocked her out of her concentration and her nova spell ended." Kyungsoo comments. Jongin nodded in agreement.

Kris furrowed his eyebrows. "Huh..then what happened?"

Jongin back hugged Kyungsoo tightly, letting his boyfriend rest his hands on top of his.

"Well what do you think? She used her powers without supervision and on another student outside of NP. She was going to be suspended for a week and have a prohibition spell put on but the principal and the head leaders decided to expel her."

"But Baekhyun wasn't even physically hurt." Kris argued.

Kyungsoo didn't know if it was safe to speak. "I don't think that was the reason why she was removed from our school."

Jongin blinked but sat up when he remembered a detail. "Oh right! Jongdae mentioned that the four terms of expulsion.. She violated one of them."

Kris raised his eyebrow. "She used her nova again? Or did she steal something?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "She lost her nova."

"She lost it? How does that happen?" Kris asked, completely confused. 

Jongin shrugged. "Taehyung said she was unable to use her power and that was before Ms. Kim planned to put a prohibition spell on..Scary isn't it?"

"But how is that even possible..?" The safeguard muttered to himself. 

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo to lay on the bed with him. 

"Now, if that's all you wanted to know, I'd like some privacy with Kyungsoo." 

Kris nodded. "Thanks Jongin." 

He picked up his laptop and made his way out of the door. Just when he was about to pull the door handle open, Kris heard someone moan from behind him. He felt like he was going to throw up. 

"Yah! Can't you two wait till I'm outside?!" Kris complained, feeling victimized by what the two could be doing. He wasn't even out of their room yet and Jongin was on top of Kyungsoo. 

"You shouldn't have made me wait so long! " Jongin shot back, causing Kris to groan in annoyance and slam their door shut.


 

I'm trying to update as much as possible before school starts! Hope you enjoyed this chapter (sorry no Baekyeol >.<)

Leave a comment! What do you think Kris is planning?  Why is Tao feeling upset with Kris? More Hunhan, SuLay or Taoris?? :)

Featured comment: ohsehunieee : 7!!! Probably make Sehun suffer a little bit but let's fave it.....Luhan can't do anything to hurt Hunnie so maybe just let Sehun make himself suffer with a little bit of internal conflict!!