Chapter 32

Protector

"So..."

 Baekhyun sat on his bed, heels together, hands on his lap.

Chanyeol stared at the male before him, now finally his boyfriend. 

"So..?" The giant repeated after.

 Chanyeol made his way over to sit beside Baekhyun and when the latter seemed to shy away, Chanyeol reached over to pull Baekhyun closer.

"W-W-What?" Baekhyun avoided eye contact.

"Why are you being so shy? Is it because we're dating now?" Chanyeol leaned in.

Baekhyun put a hand on Chanyeol's chest but the taller male on advanced forward, causing Baekhyun to eventually land on his bed.

Chanyeol crawled on top of Baekhyun's small body, securing him with his long legs on either side.

"We're alone, Baek. It's just me." Chanyeol smirks.

Baekhyun blinks, there's no way Chanyeol would be talking about what he thought right? Surely not.

"I-I know. But maybe we should go outsid-"

Chanyeol leaned closer, "Hmm..I think not. I want you all to myself today. No Kyungsoo. No Yixing."

Baekhyun never thought there'd ever be this romantic and crazily possessive side of Chanyeol. Compared to how cold hearted Chanyeol was to him in the beginning, Baekhyun felt like he was able to understand his boyfriend better, getting him to open up and trust him more.

"We can't do anything here Ch-Chanyeol." Baekhyun mumbled as Chanyeol nuzzled his face into the crook of Baekhyun's neck.

"Why not?" Chanyeol winked.

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "Cha-"

"Give me a massage." Chanyeol says with a cheeky smile, knowing he caught Baekhyun off guard. "I heard from Kyungsoo that your hands work magic..and my shoulders have been so sore lately."

Baekhyun's face went from shocked to playfully annoyed. "Yah!! Park Chanyeol you-!"

Before Baekhyun even noticed, Chanyeol had reversed their positions and now Baekhyun was sitting on top of Chanyeol's lap as the taller male laid down comfortably on the bed.

"Oh, Baekhyunnie, I thought you said we couldn't do anything but here you are, provoking me once more." Chanyeol teased as his boyfriend's face went red.

"I-I-You-! I didn't do anyth-" Chanyeol sat up quickly and pecked Baekhyun's cheek.

"I know. But I'm still waiting for my massage." Chanyeol laughed and Baekhyun couldn't help but surrender to Chanyeol's charming smile. 

-

"Kyung, let's cuddle at your place tonight!" Jongin whined. "Sehun's being grumpy about Chanyeol and I can't stand him anymore."

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. "Sehun? He's such a chill kid though.."

Jongin rolls his eyes.

"Please, he just has a pokerface. Or an RBF if you want to call it that. To be honest, he just needs someone who will shower him with affection." 

Kyungsoo lets Jongin entwine their fingers together as they walk back to the senior's dorm. 

"Like Luhan."

Jongin nodded, looking over at Kyungsoo. "Like you need me! I shower you with love and give you kisses." 

The senior rolled his eyes, trying to conceal the smile tugging at his lips. "Sure, babe."

Jongin wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's waist, pulling his boyfriend closer. "What should we do..hmm?"

Kyungsoo could feel Jongin's hand slide down lower and lower till it was nearly on his bum. 

"Yah, Kim Jongin..!" Kyungsoo swatted Jongin's hand off. 

"Why not?" Jongin pouted. "We haven't done anything in so long!"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Until midterms are over, you won't be getting anything other than kisses and cuddles."

Jongin groaned. "Fine...I love everything about you hyung, really, but I wish you'd be a bit more..Less innocent."

Kyungsoo looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "Less innocent? Then should we make that no kisses or cuddles and only hand holding?"

Jongin immediately shook his head. "No! You promised that after midterms we'll-"

"Sh! Wait..Jong, do you hear that?" Kyungsoo shushed the younger male as they approached his dorm room.

"Hear what?"

Kyungsoo walked over to his door, Jongin following behind, and put his ear to wooden surface.

"It sounds like..-"

"Ohhhh..yeah, right there..!"

Jongin's eyes widened as he listened in om the coming from Kyungsoo's room.

"Is that..C-Chanyeol?!"

Kyungsoo hushed his boyfriend to lower his voice. 

"What the hell?! Are the two doing the dirty inside your room?! They've only been dating a few days! I mean, I understand that there's been quite a lot of between the two but even you and I have only down a few blow-"

"Oh my god Jongin, shut up!" Kyungsoo could feel his ears go all red. 

"It's true-"

"Oh, Baek, that feels so good..harder..!"

Jongin and Kyungsoo looked at each other with wide eyes, thinking the same thing. 

"Baekhyun tops?!?!"

-

"Luhan..! Luhan!" Minseok calls as Luhan slowly regains conciousness. Luhan blinked, recognizing the few people around him.

"M-Minseok..?" 

"Yeah, are you okay? You've been out since yesterday." Minseok held Luhan's hand tightly. 

"Yesterday?"

The memories rush back to him, giving him a minor headache. 

"Do you remember?" Minseok's voice was soft and calming. 

"Mhm." Luhan looked around, trying to figure out his surroundings. 

"You're at the nurse's office. Yixing got you some heat pads and extra blankets. Joonmyeon was worried but he had classes so he left in the morning."

Luhan sat up, wincing at the dizzy feeling. 

"Oh..when can I leave?"

Minseok let go of Luhan's hand. "Any time as long as you feel like you're fully recovered."

Luhan stared down at the blanket on his lap. "By..by any chance," he looked up at Minseok. "Did Sehun come by?"

The other male shook his head and shrugged. "I'm not sure, I slept here over night but I didn't see him at all."

Luhan bit his lip and nodded with a sigh. "Alright, thanks Minnie."

"Wanna head back to our room?" 

Q"Yeah." Luhan let out a sad sigh. Spring break was coming soon and it would only be a matter of time before the warm weather kicked in. 

"Here..." Baekhyun placed Chanyeol's food at his seat before putting his own tray at his. 

"Baek, don't you think you should stop doing that now?" Chanyeol asked, furrowed eyebrows and a frown on his lips.

Baekhyun looked at his boyfriend as he sat down. 

"Stop doing what?"

"Getting food for me. It makes me feel bad."

Jongdae nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Baekhyun, just let Yeol starve a bit."

Baekhyun smiled, "Eh, it's okay. I've gotten used to it anyway."

Chanyeol's frown deepened slightly. "That's not a good thing."

"Baek, you're too nice to Chanyeol" Jongdae complains.

"Well, that's what happens when you fall in love," Jongin chips in. "Chanyeol is only a beginner boyfriend."

Jongdae and Minseok cough and their eyes widen at the news.

"B-B-Boyfriend?!" Jongdae exclaims, putting his chopsticks down.

The glass of water Minseok was holding turns into ice. "I-In love?!" 

Baekhyun feels his ears redden and he glances over to Chanyeol.

Luhan bites his lip. If Chanyeol is taken, Sehun will be sad..

"Yeah," Chanyeol clears his throat. "Baekhyun and I..we're dating."

Jongdae claps his hands and Joonmyeon congratulates Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"Who knew Baek would finally trap Chanyeol in the cycle of love?!" Jongdae laughs, giving Baekhyun a thumbs up.

"Oh trust me," Jongin snickers, earning a nudge from Kyungsoo to zip it. "He's really whipped, right Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun turns to Jongin. "U-Uh..?"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "Whipped my , Baekhyun has been crushing on me since his slave days."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. "S-Slave days?! Yah, Chanye-"

"See, he only sees you as his slave!" Jongdae exclaimed.

 "What about Sehun?" Luhan says out loud, hesitantly before turning to Chanyeol. 

"Sehun?" Minseok raises his eyebrow. 

"Oh, Sehunnie has had a crush on Chanyeop for a while...I guess that won't be happening." Jongin mindlessly comments. "Luhan hyung, this is your chanc-"

"Why would you reject Sehun after leading him on?!" Luhan ignored the others' comments, still staring hard at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's face showed no emotion. "Why should I care about that kid? Besides, didn't he do the same to you?" 

Baekhyun could feel the tension increasing. 

Luhan clenched his fist. "You're an Chanyeol."

Chanyeol scoffed. "I know. But so is Sehun. He has no appreciation for your feelings towards him, but is it wrong for me to respond to Baekhyun?"

"Seh-"

"Stop it, Luhan." The said sophomore walked over, holding his tray with Tao beside him. 

Luhan turned to see Sehun. "S-Sehun.."

Sehun approached their table but he wasn't looking at Luhan anymore. 

"So..Baekhyun hyung..y-you're dating Chanyeol." Sehun looks at him, putting his tray down on the surface.

Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol reached over the table and held his hand tightly. "We're dating." He said confidently. Luhan could almost see a tiny smirk at the edge of Chanyeol's lips.

Luhan knew how upset Sehun would be. 

"Stop it Chanyeol..." Luhan muttered.

"We're really happy together, right Baekhyun?" Chanyeol emphasizes each word. "We even slept on the same bed last ni-"

"Stop it!" Luhan exclaims once more, sliding his chair back with a screech. "Why are you doing this? Does it make you happy to hurt someone who likes you?"

Luhan knew Sehun didn't care for him, and there was no point to care for Sehun, but it hurt him to see Sehun's pained expression. It was obvious the sophomore was trying to hide his anger and saddness. Not wanting to hear anymore, Luhan stepped away from his seat and ran downstairs to the main floor. Minseok hesitated to follow.

Chanyeol looks at Sehun with a smirk. "You hear that? How does it feel to be hurt by someone who likes you?"

"I don't...Luhan has his own problem-"

"You're missing the whole point Sehun." Chanyeol says more firmly. "What would you do if Baekhyun was rejecting me? Would you try to seduce me into being your boyfriend?"

Sehun blinked. "Maybe.."

Chanyeol held Baekhyun's hand tighter. "That's the thing. Even when I'm rejecting you now, all Luhan wanted was not for him to have you to himself, but for you to be happy. He got pissed at me for rejecting you and he didn't blame you, not even once! I'm telling you this now, I won't and can't ever return your feelings, Sehun, not now not ever. Baekhyun is all I need right now. And you should find someone who will love you, and only you." 

Sehun felt his heart drop. This kind of rejection was worse than the previous one. Other students from nearby tables watched, shocked that Chanyeol and Baekhyun were dating, and that he had be publicly rejected by Chanyeol himself. 

"I..I know I hurt Luhan. And I already knew a long time ago that I couldn't make you love me. But I wanted to try..." Sehun looked at Baekhyun. "It may take me a while to get over Chanyeol but I promise I won't hit on your man..but if Chanyeol ever gets bored of you, I won't hesitate to snatch him away from you." 

Baekhyun smiles awkwardly but nods nonetheless. "Thanks Sehun-ah.."

Jongdae sighs. "Who knew you'd be such a diva?" 

Sehun rolls his eyes and ignores the senior's comment. 

Sehun spares Chanyeol one last glance. 

"Alright. I'll get going." Sehun picks up his tray and makes his way to the other table with Tao and his other friends.

"Did you really mean it?" Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol.

"What?"

"Are you actually happy being with me?" He asks.

Chanyeop nodded. "Of course. Don't doubt it Baek."

Baekhyun stares at Sehun walking away before pulling his hands from Chanyeol. 

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked, surprised.

"I have something to say to Sehun." He says before quickly getting out of his seat and rushing over to Sehun.

"Sehun." Baekhyun called out. The sophomore turned around just before he made it to a table.

"Baekhyun hyung." Sehun spoke normally, as if everything from before didn't happened. 

"I just..You should talk to Luhan some time..He really cares for you. I just wanted you to know. You might be happy with him by your side." Baekhyun says, hoping Sehun wouldn't get the wrong idea. 

Sehun looked at him and nodded. "Okay."

Baekhyun nodded too and backed away. "Thanks for understand Sehun."

-

It wasn't until the weekend ended that Sehun actually saw Luhan again. He didn't know if the senior was avoiding him or if he just happened to not be around.

Sehun walked with Tao to the library. 

"Kris hyung...he isn't that bad." Tao starts off. "He's a total player but when someone has a face like him, its easy to be fooled."

Sehun nodded, always being a listener. They made their way into the library, sitting in their usual seat. Taking out their books, Tao and Sehun started on their homework.

"What happened to Luhan hyung? He used to drop by to say hi every now and then." Tao mumbled.

Sehun pursed his lips. "Yeah.."

*flashback*

"Oh! Sehunnie!" Luhan smiled as he approached the freshman sitting with his friend. 

Sehun squinted, trying to remember the student's name. 

"L-Lu..han?"

The junior smiled. "Yup! What are you doing? Is this your free?"

Sehun nodded. 

"Oh cool, me too! Mind if I join you?"

Sehun shook his head and Luhan slipped into the seat in front of him. 

"Neat!" 

Sehun couldn't see the blush on Luhan's face.

--

"Hyung, how can you be so tiny and be a senior?" Sehun teased as they walked back their dorms. After graduation, some students were given the privledge to go home depending on well their grades were. Unfortunately, Sehun and Luhan both weren't the smartest of the bunch. 

"Yah! I'm the same height at Minseok!" Luhan frowned. 

"Yeah but he has muscles, at least. You look like a fragile deer." Sehun opens the door for the both of them.

"Then how can you be this tall for a sophomore? Did you accidentally drink some growth potion?" Luhan argued back. 

Sehun laughed but shrugged. "Maybe. Want some of it?" 

Sehun stopped at his dorm room. He had to move his things out of the freshman dorms and into the other hallway for second years. 

"You're so funny, Sehun." Luhan says sarcastically. He kept his face down just im case Sehun saw how bright pink his ears were when their hands accidentally touched.

"Glad you think so." 

*flashback ends*

"There's no way." Luhan laughed with Minseok as he carried a stack of books to his table, right behind Sehun's. 

Sehun's eyes met Luhan's for a split second but that was all Sehun needed. He knew Luhan had seen him, and he wasn't sure how he felt about Luhan. 

Luhan continued to his seat without another glance. 

Sehun let it be.

 


 

Hello! I'm back from vacation and ready to continue this story! There's still a whole bunch of drama to get to so don't think it's over just yet~! 

Leave a comment! What did you think of the Baekyeoo misunderstanding with Kaisoo? Is Chanyeol and Baekhyun's relationship already changing? What did you think of Chanyeol's words to Sehun? Will Sehun do something to bring back his and Luhan's friendship, knowing that Luhan likes him?

Featured comments:

ToxicVixenwhy you gotta be so mean and rude and stupid and urghhhh sehun please stop this i love you but you're crossing the line here luhan didnt even do anything wrong T_T

well at least taoris is there
this chapt is just too heartbreaking for me (for both sehun and mostly for luhan) thanks for the update i'm waiting (almost impatiently) for the next one!

Onecrazycat : omg nooo sehun why are you like this?! im so mad how doare you do this to lu but you're my bias but gahhhh
taoris is so cute though..... i need chanbaek fluff~~
please update soon!!! such an awesome story

spexialexo : OH MY GOD! Sehun is a freaking jerk! Poor Luhan, I hope Sehun will regret what he did and will work hard to win Luhan's heart back! I really want to know what happens after, please update again soon!!!

-

Thank you for being so patient while I was away! There are only a few days until school starts for me so I'll try to update as soon as possible!!