Chapter 31

Protector

"Can you believe this guy?!" 

Jongin laughed as his friend slamed his fist on the table. Tao had chosen the middle of Chemestry to rant about the new safeguard.

"I mean, at least he introduced himself." Jongjn shrugged, feeling too lazy to copy down the class notes, but then remembered that Kyungsoo would be upset at him later if he didn't.

"Yeah, but then he called me his 'future boyfriend'?! That's not acceptable! I thought he was a little but handsome but this is way too far!" Tao says, gripping hard on his pen. 

"And you called him an overgrown chicken?" Jongin raised his eyebrow.

Tao huffed. "He called me a panda!"

Jongin sighed. "At least you know he likes you. Aren't you into tall men? And he's Chinese too." 

"I'll never go out with a jerk like him even if I-"

"Huang ZiTao! Kim Jongin! Would you two like to explain what the structure of a diamond looks like?"

Jongin immediately shook his head and the two boys apologized to the teacher.

-

Luhan peeked around the corner, spottig a certain tall sophomore waking down the hall with his usual poker face. 

You can do this Luhan! 

Taking one more glance, Luhan leaned on the wall "casually", waiting for Sehun to walk by and speak to him. 

5..4...3....2....1!

Sehun mindlessly made a turn at the corner.

Luhan panicked as Sehun passed by him without a single notice. 

"A-Ahem!!" Luhan cleared his throat loudly.

Sehun turned around but his expression didn't change much. 

"Oh..Luhan hyung.." 

 Luhan tried to act surprised. "Omo, it's Sehun." 

Sehun nodded before slightly bowing and turned to leave. Luhan hurried over to his side. 

"S-So..how did the scavenger hunt go?" 

Sehun clenched his jaw but let out a soft breath. "It was okay."

Luhan wondered what really happened. "I see..You were with Chanyeol right? Was he mean to you? Do you want hyung to beat him up-"

"Hyung," Sehun stopped and looked at the senior. 

"Hm?"

"You like me right?" Sehun asked with a straight face. 

Luhan choked on his own saliva and felt his cheeks go pink. 

"W-Of course I like you..! You're my favorite dongsaeng.."

"No as in you want to kiss me and date me." Sehun corrected.

Luhan paused before running a hand through his hair. "Fine, I do. I do like you a lot and I do want you to be my boyfriend." He was prepared to hear the rejection.

Sehun blinked. "Then be my boyfriend."

Luhan's eyes widened. "W-What?!" His heart beat so quickly he feared it would pop out of his chest. Was he hearing things?!

"I said, be my boyfriend. You like me right hyung? So you'd do anything for me.." Sehun said again. Luhan felt so happy he could die. Was this what Jongin felt when Kyungsoo finally agreed to date him?!

"Okay." Luhan said happily, leaning over to the taller male, when Sehun pushed him back. 

"My fake boyfriend."

 It hit Luhan like a ton of bricks. 

"F..Fake? Why... What would I be your fake boyfriend for?" Luhan asked, feeling his heart drop to his stomach within a second. The uneasy feeling swallowed him whole and the temporary happiness was now gone.

"I...like Chanyeol hyung. I'm sure you know that." 

Luhan felt hurt by Sehun's straight forwardness. 

"But what does this have to do with-"

"Hyung, pretend to be my boyfriend and make Chanyeol jealous." Sehun explained as if it was really that simple. 

Luhan felt the whole world come to a stop. "Y-you just want to use me? To get Chanyeol?" His voice cracked.

Sehun put his hand in his pocket, nodding. "I mean, its a win-win situation. You like me, and I'm letting you date me. I like Chanyeol so we can make him jealo-"

Sehun stared at the ground, feeling a stinging pain on his cheek.

"You've got to be ing kidding me." Luhan cursed. His eyes watered and his hand stung as blood rushed to his palm.

"I like you Sehun-ah, but I'm not a tool."

Sehun looked at Luhan, not much emotion as usual. "Did you think I'd actually date you? For real?" 

Luhan felt his heart crack and he knew he should have ran but he wanted to hear it. He wanted to be over Sehun so that in the near future, he would have to balls to ignore Sehun and make him feel his pain. It was now or later. 

"You know, to me, hyung, you're a really pretty girl. You're nice, kind, and everything else. But hyung, I'm not into girls. So you can get lost. You're too pretty for my taste." Sehun says, before turning around and walking away. 

Luhan felt a tear slip out of his eye and all he wanted to do was curl up in a ball. Wiping the continuous tears away, Luhan limped back to the dorms.

-

Luhan sat in the shower, letting the cold water pour onto his clothed body. 

"You know, to me, hyung, you're a really pretty girl. You're nice, kind, and everything else. But hyung, I'm not into girls. So you can get lost. You're too pretty for my taste."

..too pretty for my taste.

*flashback*

"What do we have here?" A old man smirked as he watched Luhan back away from his gang of men. 

"Leave me alone!" Luhan yelled back. 

"Oh, feisty one. You'll make a whole lot of money." Another man commented.

"I'm not going to do anything for you creepy old hags." Luhan glared at them. The four men snickered.

"But what are you going to do? You're mother sold you to us."

Luhan tried to hide this faltering voice. "N-No she didn't, my mother loves me."

One man laughed loudly. "You really think so? If she did, she would have paid off the 7 year debt but here you are, on our territory."

Luhan stomped his foot. "This is my house!"

"Not anymore, kiddo. We own this place. Don't worry, be glad you have a pretty face. It'll get you some nice tips."

Luhan backed up more as two men advanced towards him.

"No- Stop! Don't get any closer!" Luhan exclaimed but the men ignored him. 

Luhan stared at the two men. 

He's too pretty, we'll be rich when we sell him off.  One of the men thought. 

Luhan feared for his own life. 

"There's no way in hell you're selling me to anyone!" Luhan growled but by then, someone had already grabbed his arms. 

"How old are you anyway kiddo? People like the young ones nowadays." One guy commented.

Luhan shut his eyes. 

You go grab him and we'll drag him to the car. 

The two men looked at each other.

Knowing their plan, Luhan immediately bolted to the door, knocking over the two men in front of them with a strong shove.

"Ya! GET THAT BOY!" The fat man yelled with anger. Luhan ran for his life. The rain poured heavily outside and the water soaked his clothes, hair and shoes. 

"He's over there!" Luhan heard from behind him.

Luhan panicked and ran faster down the street, not caring about the cars flying by. Maybe it'd be even better if he got hit. He didn't want to live this kind of life. He wanted to go back to China.

*end of flashback*

"Hyung!! Luhan!!" There was a loud banging on the bathroom door. 

"Luhan, it's me! Open up!" Minseok called out. Luhan didn't want to see anyone. 

"What are you doing in there? Please come out, hyung..!" 

Luhan put his head down to his knees, curling himself up further into a ball.

It hurt. Everything hurt. 

*flashback*

"I almost got it!" Luhan jumped, fingers barely touching the book. "Aish-! Why are the history books on the tallest-"

Luhan felt a somebody behind him extend their arm and easily take the book off the shelf.

"-shelf."

Luhan turned around as the person held out the book for him. "T-Thanks!" 

The tall boy nodded and smiled at him. He had the prettiest smile Luhan had ever seen, making his heart beat 80 miles a hour.

"A-Are you a new student?" He asked hesitantly.

The tall boy rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, yeah. My name is Oh Sehun, freshman, wind nova."

Luhan's eyes widened and he reached out to pet Sehun's head. His hair was softer than he imagined. 

"I'm Luhan, telepathy. Call me Lu hyung."

Sehun looked shocked. "Eh?! You're older than me?!"

Luhan frowned. "I'll have you know I'm going to be a senior next year."

Sehun tried to hide his laughter. "Sorry, you look so young..and shorty." 

"Well you look old, and too tall!" Luhan pouted before huffing and stomping off with his history book.

*end of flashback*

Luhan wanted it to all disappear. He wanted his feelings for Sehun to disappear. 

How could he have ever fallen for someone as cold hearted as Sehun? Maybe he and Chanyeol really were a match. 

"Luhan!!" It was another voice. Joonmyun.

"I'm going to cut off the shower if you don't come out! You'll

catch a cold!" He yelled, banging on the door.

 "I-I'm fine.." Luhan croaked out. 

Minseok let out a breath of relief to hear that Luhan was at least still alive. 

"We're coming in!" 

Kyungsoo ran back with a bathroom key in hand from the main office.

The three entered the tiny bathroom, quickly walking over to turn off the shower.

Joonmyun extracted all the water in the tub and in Luhan's clothes and hair, controlling it to flow into the drain. 

"Hyung..!" Kyungsoo reached over and picked Luhan up effortlessly. Luhan barely opened his eyes, feeling tired and broken.

"I'm..fi-"

Luhan out, hoping that he would wake up back in China with his mother and without any memories of Sehun.

-

"Hey, panda. Whatcha reading?" Kris slid himself into he chair across from Tao.

The sophomore raised a eyebrow and glared at the safeguard interrupting his study period.

"Why are you here?" Tao looked up at the blond male before looking back down at his textbook.

"I'm on my lunch break." Kris explains, leaning over the table, resting his chin on his entwined hands propped up by his elbows. 

"Then go eat."

Kris smiled. "I am. I'm feasting my eyes on your beauty."

Tao wanted to puke. "You're too smooth, I want to barf from your pick up lines."

"Only with you, babe." 

Tao groaned, shutting his book and standing up. His chair screeched as he collected his papers and pens.

"You're done already?l"

"No."

"Then where are you going?" Kris asked, standing up too. Tao stopped him.

"Away from you, chicken."

Kris scoffed. "Playing hard to get? And chicken..is not my style." 

Tao rolled his eyes, shoving his books into his backpack.

"You're not my style either." Tao says, giving Kris a sarcastic smile before walking to the other end of the library. Kris sighed, plopping himself back onto the chair.

"That is one tough panda."

 


 

Hey guys! I'm going on vacation for a week and I wrote this short chapter at the airport hehe ^.^ Couldn't forget about you guys~

Leave a comment! What is your reaction towards Sehun's actions? What will Luhan do now? How do you want Sehun and Luhan to get together? More TAORIS?!

Sorry, I can't choose a featured comment this chapter but I'll be sure to choose two lovely readers next time~!! <3

Thank you for the awesome comments! I see you all really wanted Taoris for a while! Sorry for the wait! There was no Chanbaek in this chapter but don't worry, they will have their fair share of drama later ;D ~