Ring

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked out of the dorm with a bright smile on your face; it was your first day working, so you couldn’t hide your excitement. You stood in front of the dorm, stretching your arms. The weather was still cold, yet bright enough to lighten up your mood. You could see the snow glimmering under sunshine, and it was the most beautiful morning in your life, so far.

You were about to go when a shiny object caught your attention. You bent down, picking it. It was a ring; a silver ring. Its box was broken, and its gem was loose, ready to fall at any time. You examined the ring, looking at it closely. You had no idea whose it was, but it seemed to be one of Monsta x member or staff.

“It still can be fixed,” you mumbled, “uh people nowadays, tend to dispose things and buy a new one instead of fix it.” You put the ring into your bag and walked off.

 

 

“Start from today, this is your office.”

A co-worker gave you a short tour, guiding you to a studio. You entered the room, mesmerized. It was a medium-sized room with huge windows and a drawing desk at the corner. There were a mannequin, sewing machine, rolls of threads and some boxes of beads. You smiled ear to ear, adoring your new office. 

“If you need something, just tell me. My office is right beside,” your co-worker smiled at you.

“Thank you, ms. Kang,” you thanked her.

“Just Seulgi,” she winked at you, “ah before I forget, we have a stockroom in the basement. If you need any material, just show your id card and you can access it.”

You nodded. She whispered you a good luck and then went back to her office.

 

 

Your first day was full of introduction and orientation. You were amazed by your co-designers. They had no dress code – everyone showed their identity in fashion style. Freedom in creation – that was their motto. Yes, you could feel the freedom when you entered the studio for the first time.

Your working hour ended at 7 p.m. Before going home, you stopped by at a jewelry store. A middle-aged shopkeeper welcomed you with his smile as you walked in, “can I help you, miss?”

“Ah, yes,” you took out the ring from your bag, handing it over to the man, “can you fix this?”

He took the ring, examining it closely. He rubbed his chin, “sure.”

You beamed. “Really?”

“Yes, it’s pretty easy to fix. You can take it in two days.”

“2 days? Alright,” you nodded. He scribbled something on a paper, and then inserted it inside the ring box. Then he wrote you a receipt and gave it a stamp, “bring this receipt when you come to take the ring.”

“That’s all?” you asked.

“Yes, you can pay when the ring has fixed.”

You nodded, “thank you, ahjussi.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

 

Night crawled up, and cold wind blew the strands of your hair. You tightened your coat, hurriedly walking past an electronic store. As you walked by a smart TV display, a glimpse of familiar figures caught your attention. You slowed down, and finally stopped. You tilted your head, staring at the screen.

“No, you’re mine, I have the duty to protect you, I’ll protect you, so no one can ever take you easily”

The TV was showing a video of MONSTA X performance in music show.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter