The Ruined Plan

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowded amusement park felt silent. The noises around you faded and you swore you could hear your own heartbeat. You should have known that it was another prank, set up for the two of you. And the time, you were positive that Changkyun knew everything all along – or perhaps he was the person behind all of this.

You had to admit that you liked the idea of spending time with Changkyun but at the same time you were nervous. Everything was unexpected and you were unprepared. Everyone was enjoying themselves and you had nobody as distraction so you just stood there, rubbing your hands together.

“So…” Changkyun cleared his throat, “which ride do you want to try?” he finally broke the ice.

Ferris wheel… not a good idea. Miyoung and Minhyuk were probably still there and sitting alone with Changkyun in such closed space would be awkward. What if he caught you off guard or you accidentally embarrass yourself, you would have nowhere to run and hide.

Unless you decide to force open the door, jump off and kill yourself.

Roller coaster was no better. The speed would make you vomit. Throwing up in public would become the worst scenario, ever.

You stole a glance at Changkyun. He was waiting for your answer and his eyes was looking straight at you. He somehow could read your facial expression and got the clue that you were being indecisive at the time. He looked around and his eyes landed on an outdoor ice-skating area.

“Wanna try that one?” he asked. You felt a lump in your throat – he was two years younger than you but he has the aura that could shut anyone up, including you, so all you could do to respond was nodding.

You could see him smiling behind his mask, and then he took you to the ice-skating area.

“Wait here, I’ll line up and buy us tickets,” you told him to wait but as soon as you walk to the booth, he hold you back.

“No, let me do that,” he said. You turned around, chuckled, “I can’t let you queuing for me.”

“Boys do this part, and because you’re a girl – if I’m not mistaken,” you eyed him at ‘If I’m not mistaken’ part but let him continue, “all you need to do is waiting here, and don’t go anywhere.”

He treated you as if the two of you were dating, and it amused you. If the two of you were with the others, he would probably choose to sit comfortably and ask someone else to buy tickets – maybe Jooheon or Hyungwon.

You didn’t argue back and let him queuing in front of the ticket booth. You looked at his back, wondering – what was in his mind. What was he thinking when he stood there, waiting for the queue to move. 

“What’s your plan?” you mumbled.

 

 

After getting the tickets and skating shoes, both of you entered the skating rink. The area was as crowded as the other rides, but its large ice coverage made it look more spacious. You took some steps, getting yourself used with the skating shoes while Changkyun stood there like a stone. At the moment, you remembered something. Changkyun was bad at sports (except archery, perhaps) and he looked scared to take a step.

You approached him, walking like a penguin, “don’t tell me that you can’t do this too-“

He looked down, “I can do this…” his voice was shaking from nervousness and you immediately knew that he was lying. You chuckled, “I can’t, but I think it’s worth trying.”

He cleared his throa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter