Falling Apart

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who’s that?”

You ran your fingers through your hair, chuckling. “Which one?”

“The man who drives you home,” Hyungwon said. He didn’t seem pleased.

You snorted. He was unusually concerned and it amused you. “He’s my boss. If he didn’t drive me home, I’m probably sleeping on the curb now. Now let me sleep, I’m tired,” you wanted to just ignore him but he didn’t let you pass. You rolled your eyes, leaning on the wall for support.

“Are you drunk?” he frowned.

“Finally you act like a boyfriend, eh?” you said monotonously.

“I AM your boyfriend,” he replied, emphasizing on ‘I am’. “How could you come home drunk with a guy?”

“Can’t I get drunk? We were celebrating our success and it was fun. Can’t I have some fun? Can’t I forget about my problems for a while? What’s wrong with it?”

Hyungwon hold your shoulders, his tender look turned into piercing gaze. You looked down, avoiding his eyes. “It is wrong. Listen, I don’t like if my girlfriend come home drunk with another guy. Do you have any idea what went through my mind when I saw you getting off a car with a strange guy inside?”

“He’s not a strange guy, he’s my ing boss!” you couldn’t hold your temper and alcohol made it worse. Hyungwon sighed, shaking his head. “I can change your look but apparently I can’t do the same to your manner. Can’t you be more considerate? I don’t like if my girlfriend being rude, I don’t like if my girlfriend gets drunk and comes home late. Can’t you just match your look with your attitude and behave like…”

“Like Miyoung?”

The name just slipped out from your lips like that, and for the first time in the last five minutes you dared to stare at Hyungwon’s eyes. He stiffened, shock was visible in his eyes. His lips was slightly apart; he tried to say something to defend himself but he was lost for words.

“Did you say that you tried to change my look? That’s why you showered me with those dresses, so I’ll consider to wear them for you.” tears were b in your eyes, threatening to fall at any time, “I wanted to be a better girlfriend for you. Apparently I was too blinded to see the reason behind it. You tried to change me – not to match your type but to make me look exactly like Miyoung, your ex!” you snapped.

He didn’t answer.

It was true. You were right. He couldn’t defense himself because every word you said pierced right on the sensitive spot in his heart.

You looked up, trying to hold the tears before falling. You felt like your lungs disappeared and being replaced by a huge cactus. You couldn’t breathe. It was hurtful each time you inhaled and you were sure that your heart were no longer intact. You loved him, but for him you were no more than a visualized shadow of his past.

“You confessed to me after Minhyuk oppa introduced Miyoung as his girlfriend. Did you confess to me to save your ego and show your ex-girlfriend that you can be happy without her?”

“Enough…” Hyungwon clenched his fist.

Finally you let your tears fall. A bitter smile formed on your face, “I should have known… I love you, but you don’t.”

You stormed off to your room, leaving the tall boy alone. Hyungwon stood in silence, biting his lower lip. He messed his hair before groaning in frustration and walked limply to his room.

 

 

“What the hell was that…?” Kihyun agape, still couldn’t believe what he had just s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter