The Wooden Pier

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyungwon and Minhyuk picked their ordered coffee and walked towards an empty table. They had been walking aimlessly in downtown Banpo-Dong and didn’t get any result. Minhyuk’s legs gave in and they decided to grab some drinks and sit for a while. The coffee shop was quite cozy with air conditioner and “Urban Zakapa – Do” played from a speaker installed in the ceiling.

Minhyuk leaned his back on chair, sipping his mocha frappe. He fanned himself, the air conditioner was not enough for him. “Should we go back? It’s impossible to find her in the middle of city like this. She must be hidden somewhere,” Minhyuk said. Hyungwon sighed, “You’re right. Finding someone who drives white Audi and matches Miyoung’s description is not an easy matter as well.” 

Minhyuk bit his straw, thinking for a better solution, while Hyungwon checked his phone. When he was about to open chatting application to text Changkyun, his phone beeped. There was an incoming call from unknown number. Doubtful, he swiped his long finger across the screen and answered, “Hello?”

“Ah hello, Haesanmul restaurant?”

Hyungwon nearly jumped from his chair. He recognized your voice and without second thought, he activated loudspeaker. Minhyuk threw a confused look at Hyungwon and put his coffee cup on the table. “Who’s that?”

“It’s her!” Hyungwon beamed, “Yoora, Yoora? Where are you? Can you hear me?”

Then another voice heard.

“Haesanmul Coast restaurant at your service, can I help you, miss?”

“Yes, I want to order some food.”

Hyungwon and Minhyuk frowned. Your voice sounded weak and hoarse for them. They couldn’t imagine what you had been through; your chirpy, slightly assertive voice turned dry and raspy.  The two guys looked at each other, confused.

 “Hmm… Saengseon gui, sundubu jigae, please make it spicy.”

“Do you want some side dishes?”

“Yes, ggakdugi, please.”

“Beverages?”

“Beverages? Just barley tea and soju. Bring it to seashore. Make it quick, okay?”

“For how many servings? Two?”

“Pardon? Yes, all for two.”

“You must be with your boyfriend, or spouse? Would you like me to include our special offer for couple?”

“Ahaha…” Hyungwon and Minhyuk heard your laughter, dry and halfhearted. “Yes, make it special, ahjussi. It’s our first date, actualy.”

“Hahaha I knew it. We’re delighted to serve a special dinner for lovebirds. Well… your order will be delivered right away.”

“Okay, okay, thank you.”

And then you hung up.

Hyungwon stared at Minhyuk in horror. Both of them were confused and somehow got bad feeling.  First, you sounded like you had been crying for days. Second, the fact that you called a delivery restaurant instead of calling Hyungwon directly was another piece of puzzle. Third, there were some familiar words dancing in Hyungwon’s head, and he was sure that there was something hidden behind your utterance. Minhyuk, who was low-key good in memorizing things started to write the whole conversation on bill paper and handed it to Hyungwon. “Did you get something from this?”

Hyungwon re-read the conversation carefully and nodded, “yeah, yeah! This is a hidden message from her. The others need to know about this. Follow me, I know exactly where she is!”

 

 

The ride towards Wolmido seashore was full of tension. No one could stay still, they had so many questions addressed to Hyungwon. What happened? Why did he suddenly gather everyone and ask Shownu to drive far to Wolmido? Though the island that had become one part with mainland was quite familiar to them (since they filmed the first episode of “Right Now” there), they still had no idea why Hyungwon was confident that they could find you there.

 “Hyung, please explain to us,” Changkyun urged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter