Epilogue

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many things happened at once, it was like you experiencing a whole year in just a week. Soohyuk was arrested for abduction, you had to spend two nights at hospital to recover, and when you was discharged, you had to face the reality that you had to leave the dorm and live separately with the boys. Actually you didn’t mind, you were relieved. Considering it was a serious problem that can lead to group disbanding, the CEO was quite generous. MONSTAX could continue their activity and there was no rumor arisen.

Hence, you spent all of your savings to buy a small apartment in downtown area, located several blocks away from Amethyst studio. You loved everything about your new apartment. It was quite spacious with a living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and design studio. One favorite thing, you had access to the rooftop since you lived on top floor. The rooftop was nice, looked aesthetic with lines of flower pot consists of cactus, orchid, amaryllis, and baby’s breath.  There were wooden chairs and table to relax and you could spend hours there. The other side of rooftop was not really good, you could find clothesline there and usually full of laundries during day.  But overall, the apartment was worth the price.

You hadn’t got a chance to show the boys your new apartment. They had to settle up their abandoned schedule and you could imagine them returning to the dorm after a day of grueling activity. And you? You were equally busy. You also had to work hard since you just signed a new contract – designing for a fashion magazine. Your days were all about going to work in the morning and going home in the evening, tired.

On your first days, you didn’t find any difficulty. It was like going back to your days in Tokyo, living alone in a small apartment, having a lot of me-time, everything was similar, just lonelier. You had got used to the noise the boys made. No more yells in the morning, no more boisterous dinner, no more Kihyun eomma who likes to scold everyone, no more sleepyhead Hyungwon who would randomly practice dancing in the midnight, no more Wonho ho likes to show off his abs and fuss over a ramen cup, no more Jooheon who could aegyeo cutely after spitting fire, no more Shownu who likes to walk back and forth without reason and asks her if she has eaten, no more noisy Minhyuk who acts cute and goofy all the time, and no more Changkyun with his cute awkwardness, weird humor, and evil pranks. You sighed, it was just a week after you left the dorm but you missed them already.

And you missed Changkyun the most.

 

 

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon. You walked to your apartment with grocery bags in your hands – a week supply of food, toiletries, and a box of cheese cake for your planned me-time. You greeted an elderly couple who lived on the same floor with you and proceed to your apartment. You put the grocery bags on the floor and unlocked the door.

You opened the door and the following sight made your jaw dropped to floor. Wonho and Shownu were sitting in your living room, watching TV. Kihyun was inspecting every small things in your design studio, Minhyuk was taking selfies in front of a large painting you made, Jooheon and Changkyun were rummaging your fridge; you could see some bags of chips in Jooheon’s arms and Changkyun was casually eating your favorite ice cream directly from the jar. In the kitchen, Miyoung was cooking something. She noticed your presence and waved at you.

“Guys…” you were speechless.

Wonho turned around and a huge grin formed on his face. He got up and ran to you, “Yeobooooo~” he gave you a bear hug.

“Yeobo my ,” Changkyun handed the ice cream jar to Jooheon and rushed to you.  He pulled Wonho from you, frowning from jealousy. “No touching!”

“Why? Are you jealous, eh?” Wonho stuck his tongue out and hugged you tighter. “My precious,” he hissed. You cringed.

"Welcome home, we miss you!" Jooheon greeted you, still with bags of snacks in his hands. Your snack, of course.

“Nice apartment, the simplicity really suits you,” got Kihyun commented, “but don’t you think it’s too small?”

“Ehehe… thanks? Nah… for me it’s more than enough.”

“Living alone… you must be lonely,” Miyoung pouted.

Shownu rubbed his nape, guilt was written on his face. He was the most worried, imagining about his sister living alone made him anxious. He wasn’t this concerned when you had to leave South Korea and stay in Japan to attend college; maybe the abduction that happened to you recently made him cautious. “Sorry, it was hard for us to get some free time, and sorry for not informing you before. We want to surprise you.”

You shook your head, “It’s okay. The neighbors are nice and I spend time mostly at office, so I’m not that lonely,” you grinned, “but how did you get in? I locked the door-“

Minhyuk took something out of his pocket and swung it in the air, “you gave us the duplicate key, remember?”

“Oh…” you almost forgot about that.

You looked at everyone and noticed that someone was missing, “wait, where is Hyungwon?”

“He’s in your room, testing your new bed. I mean – napping,” Jooheon answered.

You gawked. “Hyungwon is being Hyungwon, eh…”

 

 

Food makes you happy. The guys’ visit makes you happy. So, nothing could make you happier than having dinner with them in your small apartment. You talked about many things, about your new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter