The Last Day

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You felt movement – you opened your eyes, blinking slowly. Everything was dark and you thought it was a dream. Soft, fluffy brown hair brushed against your face, and you sniffed familiar scent.

“Hold tight or I’ll drop you here,” you heard a voice, and you obeyed it. You tighten your grip, closing your eyes and drift back to sleep.

 

 

Same time, different place. You were nowhere to found when Hyungwon was sitting alone apart from the crowd. He was tipsy, but still alerted to his surroundings. He was staring at his drink when someone walked to him. He could feel another presence and lifted his head up to find out who it was.

“Oh… Miyoung?”

Miyoung smiled, sitting beside him. “What are you doing here, oppa? I thought you were with Yoora eonni…”

Hyungwon shook his head, “I couldn’t find her.”

“Really?” Miyoung’s eyes widened in surprise, “but I saw her earlier.”

“Oh…” Hyungwon nodded, “where’s Minhyuk hyung?”

Miyoung laughed, “He drank too much, and I had to drag him to the cottage. Don’t worry, he’s sleeping now.”

Silence. Miyoung played with her fingers while Hyungwon stared at the crowd. They didn’t exchange words until Hyungwon cleared his throat to break the ice. “So… are you happy with your life now?”

Miyoung looked down, nodding. “Yes, I’m happy with my life now,” she lifted her head, looking straight at Hyungwon. “And it makes me happier to see you happy. You’re lucky to have her as your girlfriend. She’s the nicest girl I’ve ever met.”

Hyungwon didn’t say anything. He just nodded and took the last gulp of his drink.

“Yes, she is.”

 

 

Sunshine passed through seashells curtain, screaming “good ing morning” on your face. You groaned, covering your face with pillow. Hangover hit you like a bus and you felt pounding pain in your head. After tossing and turning on your bed, you decided to open your eyes. “Oh my god…” your hoarse voice sounds terrible.

You realized that you were still in the bikini you wore last night. Warm blanket covered your body but you didn’t feel comfortable. You could feel sand on your skin and you felt disgusting. “Ugh… no. I won’t drink again.”

You always made the same promise after drinking but you couldn’t keep it.

With the headache, you dragged yourself to the shower. Your eyes caught the glance of your reflection on the mirror and you winced in disgust. Whoever brought you to the cottage definitely had seen your ugliest form. Your hair stuck everywhere and your eyes were red with dark circle around them. You sighed, turning the shower tap and let water washed the dirt off your body.

Under the shower, you were thrown into deep thoughts. You remembered having a conversation with someone last night but you couldn’t remember what it was about. The scene of sitting on the beach under moonlight played in your head like a broken video tape, and you were not sure if it was real or not; it felt like a dream but the feelings lingered. It was the feeling of talking to someone after a while, and letting the burden off your shoulders. You rubbed your scalp, massaging shampoo on your tangled hair. The fragments of memories began to merge in your head and it became clearer.

Fluffy brown hair, deep - oddly soothing voice.

“Was it Changkyun?”

 

 

“Where were you? I searched yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter