Calm Before The Storm

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sigh escaped from your lungs. You stared at a blank white paper, tapping your drawing pen on the desk. It was a night before deadline but you hadn’t even started yet. You massaged your temple, breathing out before started drawing. The ideas just won’t come to you; you sketched and sketched but the results was disappointing. You hated it. You hated it when you’re uninspired but you still have to finish a design. You ran your fingers through your locks and leaned back, staring at the ceilings. “I shouldn’t force it.”

You looked at your phone screen to check the time. It was almost 2 a.m.; you skipped dinner and you were hungry as hell. You’ve emptied the cup of coffee you brought earlier and sighed – you had become a coffee addict since the project started and now you couldn’t work without caffeine supply. It was not healthy, you knew it – Shownu had warned you for like hundreds times but you didn’t listen to him. Getting your designs done was all you cared about and your health was not your priority.

You walked out of your room; the dorm felt different without Minhyuk and Changkyun, you could feel it. You could feel the significant difference. “This dorm really needs the happy virus to lighten the atmosphere,” you mumbled. All the lights had been turned off, but you saw a glimpse of light from the room where dance line usually practicing. You frowned, “who’s still awake at this hour?”

Curious, you walked to the room. The light radiated from laptop screen, giving dim lighting to the dark room. Your attention caught by a figure laying on the floor, and you immediately recognized him. “Hyungwon…” you whispered, sighing. He was sleeping with his arm covering his eyes. He worked hard, just like you.

A small smile formed on your face. You approached Hyungwon and sat beside him. You stared at him, realized how much you missed your boyfriend.  You were occupied by your project, and he was busy with his schedule. You wanted to caress his hair, but you were afraid that it would wake him up so you just let your hand hung midair. “It’s okay, he’s a sleepyhead and it won’t wake him up,” with the thought, you let your fingers touch his dark brown locks. A soft giggle escaped your lips; his sleeping face was too cute and you noticed his chubby cheeks. You had the urge to pinch him but nah – it would definitely wake him up.

“Hyungwon-ah,” you whispered, smiling. “I miss you, do you miss me as much as I do? I’m not the only one who’s missing our moment, right? …. Aih what I’m talking about.”

You noticed his slight movement and your eyes widened. He moved his arm from his face and his fully opened eyes looked at you, “I’m not sleeping...”

“A… ah…” you rubbed your nape awkwardly, “I thought you were sleeping, so…”

He smiled, “that’s okay,” he sat up, crossing his legs. He caressed your face, “you look tired.”

You shook your head, “I’m not, you guys work harder than me…”

“Look at you,” he whispered, “You work at office all day and stay up all night, when do you get your sleep?”

You chuckled, “I’ve had a good sleep for five hours, don’t worry.”

“Really?” he raised one of his eyebrows, wasn’t convinced by your answer.  You nodded quickly.

Suddenly he pulled you into a hug. Your eyes widened in surprise; it was unexpected – everything he did to you was unexpected, quick, and smooth as if he had done it many times. You hugged him back, letting yourself drown in his arms.

The hug felt odd.

A thought flashed in your head. He never hugged you like that when you were alone with him. Most of the hugging and skinship things were happened when the others were around. You could read the pattern, you sensed something ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter