White Sugar

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stepped out of bathroom in your oversized sweater, shorts, and towel on your head. The pleasant warm shower relieved your fatigue and calmed your muscles. Actually you were still shocked from what just happened, your brain were still processing the series of events that lead to the unexpected – Changkyun hugged you. He hugged you so tight that you still remember his scent, so tight like it was something he wanted to do for a long time.

It was not the first time he hugged you. You remembered when he entered your room, caught you cutting your long hair, and hugged you. It felt similar like Shownu’s hug, warm, brotherly, and comforting.

But it was different this time.

You could feel intense feeling which was different with just a ‘brotherly’ hug.

You dried your hair with towel, walking absentmindedly to living room.   Your eyes landed on Changkyun’s. He was sitting comfortably on couch, with his back facing you. He had changed his janitor uniform into casual T-shirt and shorts and you could smell the scent of shampoo wafted from him. His eyes were focused on TV screen and he didn’t notice your presence.

“Should I talk to him?” you thought.

“Or should I just go to my room and pretend it never happened?” another thought flashed across your mind.

Your feet stuck there and before you could even move a muscle, Changkyun turned his head to you. His small eyes stared at you and his lips were slightly parted. You noticed his flushed cheeks and you smiled awkwardly. “Uhm… mind if I sit there?”

“Oh…” he blinked, “not at all.”

“Great,” you thought. “Now there’s no way back.”

You approached him slowly and sat beside him. He stole some glances at you and you could say that he didn’t dare to stare directly. You bit your inner cheeks, thinking how to start a conversation without making situation awkward.

“Why did you go home?” the two of you said in unison.

He rubbed his nape and you cleared your throat. Okay, it’s awkward already.

“You first,” he said.

“Why me?” you protested. You wanted to hear from him first.

“Because you’re older,” he made up a reason.

“What kind of answer is that?” you glared at him.

“A reasonable one,” he replied casually.

You sighed, the awkward atmosphere disappeared, abruptly changed into unnecessary bickering like the two of you usually had. You clicked your tongue and groaned in defeat, “Okay, I’ll explain.”

He eyed you, resting pokerface – maybe trying hard to maintain his facial expression – but you could see sparks of interest in his eyes. You took a deep breath before started speaking, pulling your knees closer to your chest, “when I was working in my studio, I got a phone call from Minhyuk oppa.”

“So he was talking to you back then…” he responded.

“Huh?” your eyebrows wrinkled.

“Nah, nothing,” he shook his head, “go on.”

“He said that you were sick and fainted after live performance, so manager ahjussi took you home and he asked me to take care of you.”

“Pfft…” Changkyun sneered, “And you believe it?”

“He sounds convincing,” you pouted.

“Were you that worried of me so you chose to ran from office instead of taking a cab?” he teased. You slapped his arm and he laughed it off. “Shut up.”

He didn’t stop laughing and you crossed your arms in front of your chest, “your turn.”

“Should I?” he raised one of his eyebrows. You pinched his waist and he immediately screamed, begging for mercy. You glared at him while he rubbed his waist, wincing in pain. “It hurts!” he cried.

“Don’t act weak, you’re a grown up.”

“So you acknowledge me as a grown up now? You usually treat me like a little boy, noona.”

“Tell me now or I’ll pinch you again.”

“Okay, okay. G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter