Darker Than Night

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7 days had passed.

‘Til the day, Soohyuk still treated you well. He spoiled you with delicious food and fancy things, and did anything to make you feel at home.

But the apartment still felt like a prison for you. You refused to eat and chose to drink coffee instead. You were stressed and it aggravated your coffee addiction. You lost weight, your already petite body became thinner. If you look at the huge dressing mirror in your room, you will see dark circle around your eyes. Soohyuk tortured you without even touching you, all he did was simply locking you in the apartment and it was enough to hurt you physically and mentally.

Everything still could become worse.

You walked to kitchen counter, taking a bag of roasted coffee beans. You poured its content into coffee grinder and grind them into powder. You stared blankly at the crushed coffee beans, wondering what your brother was doing.

“Hyunwoo oppa, are you looking for me? Can you hear me? I’m here…” you mumbled, tears rolled down your face.

  “I’m afraid your brother can’t hear you if you mumble like that,” Soohyuk stepped out the bathroom in his bathrobe, approaching you. You quickly wiped your tears and continued grinding the coffee beans. “He will hear it somehow.”

He smirked and hugged you from behind. Your body stiffened and your hands hung midair. Chill run down your spine and you shifted uncomfortably. “I waited 5 years to hug you like this,” he whispered on your ear. “Do you remember? We used to have midnight talk, you comforted me after a long, tiring day. And in the morning, words from you would made my day, but it was not enough. I wanted to meet you, I wanted to hug you, I wanted to kiss you, but I couldn’t.”

“I started my own company, I designed games and made money from it.  I waited to the day when I can hold you, and now you’re here, with me. We not only can hug, we can do something more,” he kissed your neck.  You escaped from his arms and slapped him, hard. Your slap was hard enough to make your hand stung by pain and Soohyuk had to taste his own blood.

“I think you have to meet a psychiatrist,” you hissed, “There’s nothing left between us and you have no reason to keep me here. You’re crazy.”

Soohyuk glared at you, you shivered when his cold stare met your eyes. He took the coffee grinder and slammed it against the wall.  Your eyes widened; you wanted to back away but your body was shaking from fear. He grabbed a baseball bat from the corner of the room and beat you up. You fell on the floor, protecting your head by using your hands.

“Yes, I’m crazy,” he muttered under his breath, “I couldn’t finish my game project after you dumped me, I couldn’t study, I was dropped out from college and had to start over. I did everything for you. FOR YOU. I SEARCHED FOR YOU, JUST TO FIND YOU…” he kicked you, “AND THAT GUY…” you felt another blow on your shoulder, “IN AMUSEMENT PARK…TOGETHER.”

Your mind went blank. Your body screamed in pain. You cried and screamed but no sound came out. He grabbed your neck and forced you to stand on your limp legs. You struggled to escape his firm grip but no avail, you were too weak compared to him.

He glared at you with his blood shot eyes, he was crying, “Now you want me to let you go again? You wish!”

He loosened his grip and your body fell on the floor. You coughed, tears fell uncontrollably on your bruised face. He finally revealed his true color and for seconds, you thought he would kill you.

Silence embraced the two of you. You laid motionlessly on the floor, sobbing. Soohyuk dropped the baseball bat, and his expression changed drastically.  

“Yoora-ah…” he softened, “I’m sorry…” he knelt beside you and hugged you. You couldn’t move a finger and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter