Dream Job

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Amethyst Design and Co HR Dept, Lee Yeonhae speaking.”

You were still half awake when your phone rang. It was almost noon actually, but you couldn’t sleep last night, preoccupied with your sketching book. You twisted, lazily poked your head out of your blanket. With hoarse voice, you answered the call. “Yes?”

“Miss Son Yoora, we have received your portfolio, and you’re invited for an interview.”

The word “interview” made you jump in excitement. Your sleepy eyes wide opened; without thinking twice, you grabbed your notebook and pen. You set your phone in loud speaker so you could write comfortably. “Okay, could you tell me the detail?”

“Alright…” you bit your lower lip, anticipating. “The interview will be held tomorrow afternoon, 2 p.m, just come to Amethyst office, third floor.”

You nodded, quickly writing the time and place on your notebook, “okay, I got it. Thank you!”

As soon as the phone call ended, a wide grin appeared on your face. Your heart was pounding in excitement, couldn’t wait for the interview of your dream job. You walked to your closet, looking for something decent to wear tomorrow. Your hand shifted through your clothes, but you found none. The closet was dominated by T-shirt, jeans, shorts, some coats, and hoodies – your daily favorite clothes. You tapped your chin, thinking.

“Maybe I should buy some stuffs online.”

 

 

Next day.

You were taking a shower when the bell rang. You didn’t know that Changkyun opened the door to find a courier standing outside. The courier was holding a bag of your ordered clothes. He read the delivery form, confirming the address. “Miss Son Yoora?”

Changkyun nodded, “yes, she lives here.”

“Oh,” the courier handed the package to Changkyun, giving a form. “Could you sign the receipt, please?”

“Sure,” Changkyun signed the receipt. After got the receipt signed, the courier left.

Changkyun looked into the bag to find a chic white shirt, a pencil skirt, and trousers. A smirk appeared in his face, he knew how to revenge you for destroying his coat.

 

 

You excitedly walked out of your room, knowing that your ordered clothes had arrived. Your eyes landed on a paper bag with familiar online shop logo and a receipt next to it. You grabbed the bag, checking out the clothes, smiling ear to ear.

But the smile faded. Your eyes widened in horror.

You stretched the shirt you bought to find it shredded into pieces; it had a huge hole on the backside. The same thing happened to the skirt and trousers. Your jaw dropped, and your knees went weak. The huge hole on the backside your life out like a dementor. You ran your fingers through your locks, messing it in frustration. It was already a quarter past twelve; the interview will be started shortly and you had nothing to wear. The imagination of losing your dream job flashed in your mind, you were about to cry.

“Think, Yoora, Think,” you mumbled to yourself, biting your nails. “You’re about to become a fashion designer, you can make it work, yes you can make it work.”

You had to make it to the interview, anyhow.            

An idea flashed in your brain. The frustration in your eyes turned into determination. Without thinking twice, you ran to your room, rummaging your closet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter