Box

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was three weeks after you were discharged from hospital. Days went on like usual and you had returned to work. You had tons of work to do and in the same time, Monsta X was busy preparing for a comeback – yes, a comeback. You were excited but worried as well, their schedule gave them no mercy. They had to perform here and there, yet still focusing on their comeback preparation.

Minhyuk and Miyoung were doing well. After the conflict, their relationship grew stronger and you adored the affectionate vibe that surrounds them. Miyoung visited the dorm regularly just to cook for Minhyuk or simply being lovey-dovey together.

Hyungwon and you got along well. There was no hard feeling between the two of you. It got awkward sometimes but it didn’t matter. You were happy that everything got back to normal – no more sulky Minhyuk, no more gloomy Hyungwon, no more stressed Shownu.

And yeah, you were single again.

You sighed, plopping yourself on your bed. It was Sunday but the dorm was empty. Everyone left the dorm early in the morning for MV filming and you were the only one who stayed. You had done all of your designing works and decided to clean up. You grabbed a vacuum cleaner and started to clean the floor.

You started from living room area, then moved to corridor, and then practicing room. You were cleaning a spot under computer table when the nozzle hit something. You frowned and bent down to see what blocked the nozzle. It was apparently a box, hidden under the table. It was not the first time you cleaned the practicing room and at the last time you did, the box was not there.

“What is this?” you examined the box. On the top, you read “I.M’s property, don’t open! 7 years of bad luck if you dare to open! ”

You shrugged, “if it’s private, why did he leave it here?” you lifted the box but apparently it was heavy. You lost balance and dropped the box. Its content strewn on the floor and you could feel your heart fell. Your lips parted slightly and you hold your head with two hands.

“Omo, omo, did I break something? Aish…” you squatted, checking the box. You hoped everything in it –no matter what- was still in one piece.

The box was filled with small things. At first, you thought they were rubbish until a photo caught your attention. You took the photo and realization came to you. It was the photo of you sitting near bonfire and it looks like you weren’t aware when the photo was taken. There was something written on the backside, “I want to talk to her but it seems like the seashell is more interesting. –Phuket-”

“What…” your eyes widened in surprise. You dug the pile of small objects and find more photos. One, three, six, you arranged them all and there were 14 photos in total. You examined them one by one and each photo was taken in different place and time.

There was a photo of you adoring a Thai souvenir at Phuket Street with caption “I don’t know she can be photogenic. She used to be a walking potato with messy hair –Phuket-”

Another photo was taken in the dorm. You were sleepily eating your breakfast and the caption was “one of her useless tale­nts is eating while sleeping.”

The other photo showed you in your working outfit. It was taken when you visited Changkyun in hospital. You raised your eyebrows when you read the caption: “pretending to play with my phone ㅋㅋㅋ”

“So you were faking it, eh?”

Every caption you read melted your heart little by little. You kept on reading, forgetting about cleaning the room.

“Stupid noona sleeps on couch again.”

“Noona’s drunk; the hell…?”

“The ugliest doodle I’ve ever seen. I need holy water for my eyes.”

“She drools.”

“Wonto hyung is obsessed with ramen, Jooheoney is obsessed with cap, noona is obsessed with cheese.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter