chapter 9

Snow White

I was wide awake despite the fatigue after all the house chores today. There were too many thoughts occupying my mind! Why I was here, how could I get back to my dimension, all why and how were killing me from the inside! The dream I just got was not making things easier for me. Instead, it was making me upset of myself even more!

Yeah, another piece of memory came. This time I saw myself going to an amusement park, I was standing alone for about an hour at the main entrance. I was waiting for someone. Perhaps Kai. But I might be wrong because soon, I saw Sehun came to me and we talked to each other for a while. However, I couldn't catch what we were talking about. Then, Sehun walked into the amusement park and I followed him. Why? I looked like I was forced to follow him because my expression was quite sorrow. Why? Even I looked mad at first, but I found that the tight face on mine loosen as times went by. Sehun too. Why? Too many why in that dream and it was frustrating enough as I couldn't find the answers.

There was also another thing that was bugging me. The pounding heart of mine when I was with Sehun. By the river that night, when I lost my dress, during that archery learning thing, arghh too many that I lost count of it! I massaged my temple. I looked up at the ceiling as if there was an answer written on it.

Did I have fallen for Sehun?

No! No! No! I ruffled my hair harshly.

Memories, please, come back

 I need to know the truth.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"It's absolutely fun!" I chuckled as my feet landed on the ground. I untangled my hair which had looked like a bird nest. This time Kai made the horse galloped faster than ever! Believe it or not, I was the one that asked for it! This horse riding thing was surely intriguing me. I didn't know I enjoyed speed that much particularly on a horse. Maybe I should try car racing once I got back.

"Told you!" Kai grinned before he continued "I can't forget your tight face when you first ride a horse! Your hand was freezing cold!" Kai burst into laughter.

"Ya!!" I punched him on his arm but laughed also, remembering those moments. I turned my head and gazed into Kai's eyes. A smile flashed on my face. How could I betray him who loved me sincerely? After a really deep thought last night, I jumped to a conclusion that I was not in love with Sehun. I just confused. I was flustered by the kind-side of Sehun causing my heart to pound. Yeah, that was it. No way I liked Sehun. I, Han Mirae, liked Kim Jongin and I was truly happy with him. Full stop! No more question!

"Why do you look at me like that?" Kai caught me staring at him. He traced my cheeks gently with his finger.

"Why? Can't I have a look at my own man?" I chuckled and leaned closer to him to kiss him on his cheek.

"Your highness" suddenly Kyungsoo showed up at the most crucial moment! I groaned but put up a smile quickly to cover the situation. Kai laughed, knowing I was upset. Kyungsoo bowed before he resumed.

"Thanks for sending Mirae home" Kyungsoo thanked Kai as usual. If it was not Kyungsoo, then it was either Baekhyun or Chanyeol. They never forgot this routine. I told them not to wait but they said it was rude to not saying thank you. Kai just nodded and replied with a sweet smile of his. He was about to get onto his horse when suddenly Kyungsoo stopped him.

 "Wait your highness" Kai shifted his eyes towards Kyungsoo who was hesitating to say something. He kept playing with his fingers. I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" Kai asked. He looked at me, as if I knew what Kyungsoo wanted to say but I just shrugged.

"Umm, I’m just wondering if you want to stay for a while. It's almost dinner time so.." Kyungsoo did not complete his sentences. He bit his lower lips.

"You want to invite me to have a dinner with you guys?" Kai predicted. Kyungsoo grinned, showing his heart-shaped lips and nodded slowly.

"Sure. I would like to" Kai agreed and creased a smile.

"Great! Come in. The others must be excited! Let's go" Kyungsoo'smile widen and his round big eyes were sparkling. He turned around to lead the way. Kai chuckled and turned his head towards me.

"Let's go" he murmured and grabbed my wrist. We walked for a few pace when suddenly he stopped.

"Why?" I asked. Kyungsoo was already in the house and I could hear the boys cheering in the house, fascinated by the fact a crown prince would have a dinner with them. Kai leaned closer and kissed me on the lips lightly. It was short but enough to make my heart pounded. Kai grinned.

"Nothing. Let's go" Kai wound his arm around my waist and dragged me in who was still in shocked by his sudden action.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Chanyeol! Stop! I said stop!!" I heard Baekhyun struggled to escape from Chanyeol's tickling.

"Kai! Grab his arm. Don't let him go" Chanyeol instructed. They became closer faster than I had expected! They even called Jongin, Kai. The cottage had been filled by their laughter since Kai came.

"ChanKai! ChanKai!" I heard Kyungsoo and Chen were cheering for Kai and Chanyeol. Poor Baekhyun. He might cry any moments. I wanted to help him but I was in the kitchen, cutting watermelons to be served. Sorry Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun is crying! Oh my god!" Chen screamed in his laugh. I said so. But it didn't stop them from joking around as I heard that the target was shifted to Chanyeol. I guessed Baekhyun had finally escaped and now was getting his revenge because Chanyeol's scream was piercing through my ears! I focused back to my work. The faster I do it the faster I can join them!

Suddenly, Sehun appeared and grabbed one piece of watermelon I had cut and plunged it into his mouth. I didn't have any energy to argue so I just continued with my work. But Sehun kept eating and eating until half of the plate was gone! Okay, that screwed me. I looked up at him and gave my killer look.

"What?" Sehun put up his innocent face.

"Can you please stop eating?" I scowled.

"No" he answered curtly. I felt like stabbing him with the knife I was holding right now!

"Let me finish this first then you can eat to your heart content!" I rebutted and replaced the plate further away from Sehun's reach. Sehun shrugged and took a banana instead. Whatever! I continued silently, tried to ignore the fact Sehun was still there. Finally done! I was about to spun around when I suddenly slipped. Damn floor!

I shut my eyes closed, ready to feel the pain but I felt nothing. I opened my eyes to see Sehun just inched away from me, grabbing me by my waist. Our eyes met but none of us had the intention to look away. Oh no! This stubborn heart was beating like crazy again. Sehun's arm was still on my waist, holding me firmly. What am I doing? The look in his eyes was telling me not to pull away. We were still gazing at each other when someone called my name

"Mirae" Kai! I gasped. Sehun impulsively pulled away and let me go. He grabbed his unfinished banana and stepped out, leaving me and Kai alone. Okay, this was awkward. Did Kai see everything? Kai flashed a smile and walked behind me. He placed his arm around my waist and back-hugged me.

 "What take you so long?" He whispered as he put his chin on my shoulder. He kissed me on the neck and continued. "Let's go outside. The weather is nice"

I was still nervous but tried to put my best to smile. "Let's go" I replied with a chuckle tried to hide my anxiousness.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

Did he see it?

Did he mad at me?

Maybe not?

He seems okay as he can crack a joke.

Maybe I'm thinking too much. I concluded.

"Look at the star over there" Kai pointed to a star at the sky. I looked up.

"Every night, I will look at that star because I feel like my mother is looking at me, smiling" Kai smiled sadly. I could see the pain in his eyes. Kai lost his mother when he was young. I placed my hand on him and squeezed it gently. He turned his head to me and pulled me into his arm.

"I miss my mom too" I muttered. Kai stayed silent, waiting for me to continue.

"I lost my memories when I first came here. The Seven found me in the wood unconscious. That's why I'm living with them because they are the only one I know. I only remember my name" I sighed before I continued.

 "Luckily, my memories are returning. Even though it's not complete but at least they are coming back. I wish they will return soon so that I can find my mother" to be precise how to get back to my dimension. I held back my tears.

Kai pulled me closer and responded "I swear I will help you Mirae and please bear in your mind, whatever happen, I will still love you"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….................................................................................

"Hey Mirae. This muffin looks like you!" Baekhyun showed me the muffin he'd decorated. I burst into laughter.

"That is so not me Byun Baekhyun! I'm far way prettier than that!" I pointed to the muffin.

"Yucks!" Baekhyun made an annoyed face and brushed the icing on his finger on my cheek.

"Now! It is exactly same!" Baekhyun let out an evil laugh.

"You wanna play? Let's play!" I put some icing on his cheek and on his nose and ran away from him.

"Yaaa!" Baekhyun grabbed the icing and started to chase me. Our face was full of cream when suddenly Chen came in.

"What are you both doing?!" He shrieked. We looked at each other and laughed. Chen shook his head and massaged his temple.

"Why on earth did I put you two together?" We made a peace sign and smiled until our teeth were shown

"Never mind. Clean up this mess. Chocolate muffins are still there?" Chen asked.

"Yes" Baekhyun answered shortly and passed a tray of them to Chen.

"The same guy again?" Baekhyun guessed. Chen just nodded and walked to the front. The strange guy that I met by the river that day suddenly showed up at our bakery. It had been four days that he kept showing at our bakery! But the weird thing was, he just sit there for hours and ordered the same thing every day. Chocolate muffin and coffee. I didn't tell The Seven that I had met this guy before. It was not that important though. The next day, Chen and Kyungsoo baked extra chocolate muffins since that strange guy always ordered them again and again.

But, he did not show up.

No, he never showed up again.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"The breeze is nice!" Chanyeol remarked while doing the titanic pose.

"You're blocking my way" Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol from the back, forcing him to continue walking. We were on our way back to our cozy cottage, feeling very exhausted. There were many customers and orders today! Kris kept whining because he kept going back and forth, delivering orders.

"Guys! Wait!" Suddenly Suho stopped us. His eyes roamed around. Sehun who also sensed something weird, took out his bow.

"What's happening?" I asked in bewilderment. Kris signaled Kyungsoo and Chen to come with him.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol came to my side. Their eyes wandered around the area, with anxious expression on their face. Suddenly, something swooped above us and banged against Chanyeol’s back.

"Chanyeol-ah!" Baekhyun and I shouted almost simultaneously. Chanyeol's body fell on the ground. He was not moving. I looked up. My eyes widen in shock. I felt shudder running down my spine. Cold sweat started to form. I gulped.

A dragon.

And..

 Its eyes were glowering at me.

 

 

 

 

Please excuse me for my bad english. I need to enrich my vocabulary. -.-