chapter 15

Snow White

"Will you marry me?" I gasped to Kai's sudden proposal. Shudder was running down my spine. I felt like a hard lump was forming inside my throat. I kept swallowing to sweep away the nervousness that was building inside me. All eyes were on us. Even the King was looking at us! I did not know what to do! I just had to say yes. This was it. Marrying Kai was the thing that I wanted but there was something inside my head that keeping me from saying yes.

Kai was still kneeling, waiting for my answer. Everyone started to whisper with each other as I remained silent. Then, I spotted Sehun, throwing his unreadable gaze to me before he walked out of the hall. My heart sank. Sehun was just being dumped by someone he loved and now he watched her being proposed by another man by his own eyes. What a great pain. What did Sehun do to deserve all this? What should I do now?

Kai was still looking at me. I bit my lower lips. Be honest. Baekhyun's advice rang inside my head. I glanced at Baekhyun before I looked back at Kai. I took a deep breath.

"Kai, I’m sorry but I have to go"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I sprinted as fast as I could. My eyes wandered around looking only for one man. Sehun. I needed to find him. Scratch the glaring from all the guests! That’s not important right now. Sehun! Where on earth are you?! Then, I spotted Sehun, leaning against the wall outside of the castle with crestfallen expression on his face. He ran his fingers through his hair. My heart dropped. I stepped closer to him.

"Sehun" I called his name gently. He turned his head towards me.

"W-what are you doing here?" Sehun stammered out.

"I-I'm looking for you" Sehun raised his eyebrow then a smirk formed on his face.

"For what? To show me your wedding ring? To prove that you are for that prince? That was why you're looking for me?!" Sehun exclaimed. His eyes were burning in anger. I sighed. I deserved to be yelled. Sehun had right to be angry. I lied to him.

"Sehun, I-I'm sorry" I stammered out.

"For what? For playing with my feeling?" Sehun's words were like knives stabbing me straight to the heart, causing it bleeding inside. Sehun crossed his arms and pierced his eyes through me.

"I'm sorry because I lied to you. Yes you're right. I'm a liar. I think hiding my feeling will send me home because my situation is similar to the Snow White story I always tell my little sister. I think by following the story will send me home. I have to end the story by marrying the prince. I have to love Jongin. I have to marry him” I paused to look at Sehun. He still remained silent, listening to every word I uttered out.

I took a deep breath and continued “But I think I'm ruining this story, Sehun. I'm trying my best to deny my feeling. I tried to lie but its pain is unbearable. I-"

Sehun suddenly placed his lips against mine, stopping me from explaining. He wrapped me in his arms, pulling me closer to him. His hand then traveled to my cheeks and cupped it gently. My heart was hammering against my chest as I was intoxicated by his kiss. I could feel him kissing me deeper as I closed my eyes and kissed him back. Sehun pulled away for a second and whispered softly "I love you"

A smile creased on my face as I replied him "I love you too" I could see Sehun smiled at me before he kissed me back. His hand traveled to my back and pulled me closer until I could feel his chest, pounding as fast as mine. I was drunk by his kiss when suddenly I felt my head was throbbing so hard. I pulled away from Sehun as the pain in my head was killing me. I could only hear Sehun calling out my name several times before my vision turned pitch black.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I could not see anything except white surrounding. There was no living thing here. Only me. I stood on my feet and wandered around aimlessly.

"Where am I?" I muttered under my breath.

"Han Mirae" a voice suddenly called out my name. I swirled around to find the owner of the voice. Then, I caught a glimpse of a woman, pacing towards me. I squinted to have a better look of her.

"Han Mirae, my dear" The woman caressed my cheek as soon as she was only a step away from me. I jerked backward, surprised by her sudden action. She was very beautiful. She had an angelic look on her face. She was wearing a white gown and a silver tiara on her head. 

"Don't afraid my dear. I won't hurt you" a smile creased on her face, just enough to sooth me.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered. The woman still had the smile on her face, putting her calm face on.

"I'm the one that call you here" she remarked. My eyes widen in shocked.

"My name is Lee Hana" she continued. Her name seems familiar but where did I hear her name. Wait, I remember her! I gasped.

"You're the Gwen!" I yelped. She nodded.

"You're dead, aren't you? Do you call me from the heaven? Why? Why me? Or am I dead?" I sputtered.

"Calm down, my dear" she my hair gently. Then she gestured me to turn around. I complied. I saw a vision of Hana, lying unconscious in a glass capsule.

"That's me, in my sister's castle" Hana said. I turned around and narrowed my eyes at her, trying to rack my brain on what was going on.

"You're not dead?" I asked profoundly.

"After my soul was removed from the Gweniour, my sister put me in a deep sleep. My sister could not kill me because it weakened her. She took my power to be more powerful and my power would only work in her if I'm alive" Hana took a deep breath before she continued.

"Hayoung casted a spell on the Gweniour so that no one could touch it but the spell is only work for someone in the same dimension. Even though my body is asleep but my mind is wide awake. With the remaining power I had, I tried to bring someone from other dimension and then I found you"

"So you know about the existence of other dimensions but why do you choose me out of all people?!" I furrowed.

"Yes I aware about that. I choose you because your path and Hayoung's cross with each other and I cannot reach other dimensions except yours. My power is limited" Hana explained.

"When you bring me here, why don't you just tell me what to do?! Why do you leave me and only now you show up?! Do you know how long I've been here without knowing the exact reason?! My parents must be thinking that I'm dead!" I fumed.

"I'm really sorry Mirae. My power dissipated just to bring you here. I need to muster my power again to communicate with you. I'm sorry it takes me so long. About your parents, there is nothing to worry about. I stopped the time in yours but it does not last long so we have to be quick!" Hana's explanation made me gaped. This Gwen was powerful!

"So what do I have to do?" I questioned with determination look on my face.

"You have to go to Hayoung's castle. Find the Gweniour and take it to me. Place it on top of my capsule but remember, it can only work during full moon" Hana instructed.

"Then, I can go back?" I murmured. Hana flashed a smile to me.

"Yes honey. Once everything is done, I'll send you home" I felt like a huge burden just has been dropped on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Mirae. I know you can do it" Hana patted my shoulder. I tried to smile but still could not wear off the worried look on my face.

"Thanks Hana. But..about my memory-"

"Oh about that. I'm sorry I cannot secure your memory when I bring you here because my power is not enough but don't worry it will come back" Hana apologized. I nodded.

"And what if I fail?" That question was a must!

"You will trap here forever" I gulped. My chest tightened. This was serious.

"I have to go now Mirae. I need to restore my power. I wish you the best luck" Hana's figure faded away, without giving me an opportunity to ask more.

"Hana! Wait! There are more I want to ask you!" I shouted but nothing except the echo of my voice could be heard.

"Hana? Hana???!" I called out her name in case she would come back. Suddenly a bright light shone the entire place, blinding me. I covered my eyes by using the back of my hand. The light was so bright I barely see anything. I felt like the light was piercing through me causing my head to throb so hard.

Then, complete darkness swallowed me.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

My eyes fluttered open. I blinked a few times for my vision to become clear.

"Mirae?" I heard a familiar voice passed through my ear. When my vision returned to normal, I found seven pairs of eyes were looking at me. Their concern look was showing on their face.

"You're awake!" Baekhyun shrieked. He held my hand and brought it to his cheek.

"We're so worried about you!" He murmured.

"What happened?" I asked confusedly.

"Sehun said you fainted when you ran away from the ball. He called us and we rushed you back home" Suho explained. I shifted my eyes to Sehun. He was rubbing the back of his neck nervously. I felt my cheek was burning. Oh yeah, I had confessed to him. Omo!

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol placed the back of his hand on my forehead, checking my body temperature.

"I-I'm fine" I stuttered.

"You're sweating a lot" Chanyeol muttered. Then I remembered the conversation I had with Hana.

"Suho, may I talk to you, privately?" I shifted my eyes to Suho. The other threw a strange look to me. They exchanged glance with each other. They shrugged and strode away as Suho signaled them to go. Sehun seemed hesitated but I smiled at him, reassuring him that I was fine

"I'm proud of you, my princess" Baekhyun whispered to my ears before he went out, following the others. My cheek burnt in embarrassment. Baekhyun know about Sehun and I.

"What is it?" Suho's question brought me back to reality. I sat up and adjusted my position. I took a deep breath before I explained. Suho mouth formed an 'O' when I told him about the alive Gwen, the Gweniour, how I managed to come here and how to defeat Hayoung.

"I need your help to go to the castle and find the Gweniour" I said profoundly.

Suho cleared his throat before answering. "We will help you. The full moon is one week from now. In order to go there, you need to prepare physically and mentally. Can you do that?"

"Yes, I can" I flashed a smile.

The true fight was about to begin.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Suho has told us about the Gwen" Sehun brought out the topic when he came to my room the next morning. I turned my head to him.

"We will help you. I know you can do it" Sehun my hair gently, causing my heart to skip a beat. I flashed a smile, placing my head on his shoulder. Sehun wrapped me in his arms and placed his head on mine.

"I'm just..scared. I think Hayoung already know about it and that's why she is trying to kill me" I murmured. Sehun let me go and leaned closer to kiss my forehead.

"Don't worry. As long as we're here, we will never let her touch you even one single strand of your hair!" Sehun exclaimed.

"You're exaggerating!" I giggled.

"Why? I'm telling the truth!" Sehun pinched my cheek as he let out a chuckle.

“Hey!" I shrieked and rubbed my cheek. Sehun grinned and bumped my head on his wide chest. I could hear his fast thumping heart against his chest. I placed my arms around his waist, savoring his warmth.

"Sehun! What are you doing?! We're late!" Suddenly we heard Kris voice, calling Sehun from outside. Sehun groaned and let me go. I chuckled.

"I have to go now. See you later. If anything happen, just tell Chanyeol" Sehun reminded me. He pecked me on my cheek before going out.

Sehun, you're a drug!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"How is it?" Chanyeol asked my opinion about his new song. I clapped my hand in gusto.

"Fantastic! Bravo!" I exclaimed. Chanyeol smiled broadly showing his white teeth. We had done cooking for dinner. So Chanyeol played with his ukulele to kill the time while waiting for the others to come home from the bakery.

"Emm, Mirae. Do you really reject Kai's proposal? I thought you and him are madly in love" Chanyeol suddenly asked. I was lost in words. How should I explain to him?

"Or actually you have someone else?" Chanyeol smirked. I gulped.

"I know it! You and Sehun have something, right?" Chanyeol burst into a huge laughter until I saw tears forming in his eyes. I threw a pillow straight to his face but Chanyeol kept laughing until his face turned red.

"I-I want to rest in my room" I stammered and strode to my room, leaving Chanyeol running out of breath from laughing.

 I closed the door and plopped myself on my bed, bumping my head on my pillow. I felt my cheek was burning. Even Chanyeol know about it! What if everyone know about us? Oh my god!

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. What else does Chanyeol want?!

I got up from my bed grudgingly to open the door but before I managed to turn the knob, the door was opened. Sehun showed up with a smile on his face.

"Sehun? You're back?" Sehun grinned and pulled out something from his pocket. My lost pearl necklace!

"Sehun! You found it!" I yelped in excitement.

"Where did you find it?" I asked him but Sehun remained silent. He walked behind me and put the necklace around my neck. Suddenly, I felt something suffocating me. I could not breathe! It was like something was blocking my air pathway. I gasped for air.

"S-Sehun. What-" I fell on the ground. I saw Sehun was looking absentmindedly at me. He was expressionless. Then, an evil smile cracked on his face. A green smoke swirled around him and in a second it was not Sehun that I saw.

It was Hayoung.

She was similar to Hana but she was all black and had dreadful look. I tried to cry for help but nothing came out from my mouth. I saw her smirked at me before disappearing in air. My vision became blurred and soon I passed out.

 

 

Still remember about the Gwen and Gweniour? Lol. I try my best to explain Mirae's situation here. There are more but I'll explain later in other chapter. So basically Mirae is brought to Snow White's dimension by Hana because the Gweniour cannot be touched by someone from the same dimension. But where is Mirae from Snow White's dimension? Nah..I'll explain later =) By the way, thanks for reading and subsribing. *can't leave this part. Yehet!