chapter 20

Snow White

This morning was the most hectic morning ever! The sound of sword whooshing, punching, kicking, growling and groaning could be heard in the air. Someone might mistake our house as fighting institute. They were preparing themselves for the last time before the encountering with the Gwen. We would set off at noon.

Kris, Suho and Chen were practicing with swords. Suho and Kris were against Chen. Chen's skill was amazing as usual but I did not know Kris and Suho were good too. Not as good as Chen but still it was no joke. Kris and Suho attacked Chen from opposite side but Chen avoided the attack easily. He even managed to make a counterattack causing the swords to fly away from their grasp. Suho once said to me that Chen could multiply the pain by channeling his lightning to his sword but that was before the Gwen shutting down their power.

On the other hand, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were practicing their fighting skill. I was stunned by Chanyeol. His move was skillful and unpredictable. It was rare to see him in serious mode. He looked damn hot with his shirt drenched with sweat. Kyungsoo's move was more vigorous. His strength was very strong that even Chanyeol who was taller than him was thrown a few times. I wondered what was Chanyeol's bone was made from because he did not seem affected by Kyungsoo's overloaded strength.

Baekhyun who was always playing around also was being serious. He seemed like a different person. He was doing a push-up to work on his muscle. I on the other hand was with Sehun out in the yard, watching him practicing archery. Sometimes I wondered what he ate because he recovered real fast! I thought I just saw him lying weakly on his bed yesterday but today he already out to practice his archery in such a healthy state. I admitted I was pretty jealous of him.

"Mirae!" Sehun suddenly threw a bow to me. I grabbed the bow in reflex. "Nice catch!" Sehun grinned. I walked closer to him and hit his head with the bow. He groaned in pain. Sehun made his unsatisfied face. In the older days, it would look annoying to me but now he looked damn cute! Love really changed someone.

"Do you know it's dangerous to throw this bow like that? What if this part hit my eyes?" I pointed to the pointed part of the bow.

"But it doesn't, right?! Look at what you've done to my forehead! I don't know why I fall for you" Sehun whined as he pointed to his forehead that had turned a little bit red. I chuckled at his cheesy line. I stood on my tip toes and planted a kiss on his forehead. Sehun cracked a smile which made me melt over and over again.

"Stop doing that or I can't focus!" Sehun ruffled my hair, causing it to be a bit messy. Someone please helped me because I was falling hard for this guy. How could he make my heart beat faster with just a little touch?

Sehun took an arrow and passed it to me. I took it and practiced what he had taught me before. Bull's-eye! Sehun clapped his hand in gusto, proud of his student. I guessed I had talent in this sport. I should try archery when I got back. We practiced together until both of us were satisfied with our achievement. We decided to take a rest to restore our energy for tonight. We sat on the grass for a while to catch our breath.

"You must be happy because finally you can go back home after this right?" Sehun muttered. I swirled my head to him.

"I will miss you" Sehun's voice lowered. I took his hand and clutched it tightly in mine.

"You won't because I will be here. You will find me from this dimension" I creased a smile. Sehun turned his head to me and stared deep into my eyes. I cupped his cheek before I continued.

"Make me fall for you again"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

Hayoung sat on her throne. A mirror was in her hand. She looked at herself on the mirror, proud of her own beauty. She cleared before summoning her magic mirror.

"Mirror, mirror, break the seal beyond the bound, show me your Gwen, where do their feet land" Then, the vision of Mirae and The Seven on their way to her castle appeared on the mirror. A smirk formed on Hayoung's face. Her smirk then turned to an evil laugh.

"What do you want to do my lady? They are coming closer" The eerie voice spoke. Hayoung black lips curled upwards.

"Let them be. Let's play with them first. I want to know how strong her protectors are"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"We are almost there!" Suho shouted. We made it here in a short period of time. Credit to the fast galloping horses. I held on Baekhyun tightly the whole journey. Baekhyun's horse was the fastest so they asked me to ride with him. If something happened, Baekhyun could bring me away quickly. I did not know that they had their own horse. Suho said they put their horses under someone else care because they did not have enough space. Besides, their horse could get enough care. They would make a visit when they had a chance but since they were too many things happened lately, they barely visit their horses.

Suho got down from his horse and followed by the rest. I got down with Baekhyun's help because his horse was too big. No wonder it was fast. Baekhyun said he had slowed down its pace. I wonder how fast it could go if Baekhyun had not done that.

"We'll walk from here. We have to avoid too much noise" Suho announced. The others nodded and tied their horses to the tree. The sky had changed its colour. It would turn dark in any minute and soon the full moon would reveal itself.

"We have to continue. Time is running out. Is it okay for you Mirae?" Kris asked. I nodded despite the dissipating energy in me. All the bumps I had while on the horse for a long period of time more or less were draining my energy. So we continued our journey by walking. As we walked the thought of Hayoung crossed my mind. It was a little bit weird. Why was not she attacking us? This journey to her castle was considered as an easy one. There was no hard obstacle as I expected. Does she's not aware of our presence? Does she still think I am dead?

"Something is coming" Sehun suddenly broke the silence. We stopped abruptly. In the blink of eyes, I was encircled by them. They took out their swords, ready to face the coming obstacle. Their eyes roamed around to see what was coming. Sound of dry leaves being stepped on could be heard clearly. Something was coming and I had this gut that this ‘something’ was not alone.

It did not take long for it to reveal itself. I gasped in horror as we were already surrounded by men in armor.

"Ghost Armor, Hayoung's guards" Suho muttered. I got the answers right away.

Hayoung knew it and…it was not going to be easy.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I did not know where did these Ghost Armor come from! They kept increasing! When one was defeated, another one came. Hayoung is dragging the time! I was standing behind Chen all the times. I felt bad for not be able to do anything. I peeked over Chen's shoulder to see the whole scene. It was a chaos! Soulless armors were scattered everywhere. Their heads were separated from their bodies. They were increasing but The Seven were already tired. Their faces explained everything. Even though they managed to defeat the guard but more and more were approaching them. I became less aware of my surrounding as I watched them fought.

"Mirae!" Kyungsoo shouted. I turned my back and saw a tall armor in front of me. He grabbed me by my arm and threw me hard against the tree. My head fell on a rock and I could feel blood was running down my head. My head was throbbing so hard. The guard was pacing towards me but I could not budge because the pain from falling was running throughout my whole body. I saw Sehun ran to the guard and cut off its head from its body. The pain in my head was killing me. My vision became foggy. Soon, I fainted.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Let's rock and roll!!!" Chanyeol shouted from the back. Cheers and giggled could be heard in the bus. Everyone was excited to go for the camp. Every year our school would organize a free trip for seniors. Since we were senior this year, we were able to go for free! However it was not just a trip, this year it was a camp and everyone was so excited just to imagine the campfire night!

"Okay students. Listen. There are a few things I would like to remind all of you. Beware of your own belongings. I don't want to hear any of you whine to me about your missing stuff because we are not responsible for that. Second, don't get too far from the campsite. We are in the woods. There are wild animals, poisonous plants and many more. So be careful. Next, follow the signboard installed by the authorities. If it said 'no enter' means don't enter! Follow the signboards. If suddenly there is someone that is not feeling well, immediately tell the teachers. Last one, enjoy!" Mr Go ended his boring speech with a smile.

We cheered and scampered to the campsite. Everyone was fighting for the best spot. It was important, of course! Luckily, I did not have to involve myself in that petty fight because Yoona was the one that volunteer to do so. She was good at running anyway. I shared a tent with her and Sohyun.

"Mirae! Here!" Yoona waved at me with a broad smile. She got the best spot! As expected from our school athlete!

"Where is Sohyun?" I asked.

"Sohyun?" Yoona's eyes wandered around looking for Sohyun.

"I'm here" Sohyun appeared, panting. My jaws almost dropped when I saw her overload stuff. She brought three big luggage bags!

"Are you going to stay here forever?!" I screeched. Sohyun giggled and fanned herself.

"One is for clothes, one is for accessories and make up, the other one is for shoes!" Sohyun beamed. Yoona and I could only shake our heads. Sohyun was a diva. For her, appearance was everything! She wanted to be a model. She was a model already. A company offered her a contract a month ago. Good for her, she already had a job secured.

We continued unpacking our stuff in the tent. Next schedule would begin in 20 minutes so we took the chance to wander around the campsite. Sohyun wanted to repair her make-up which had ruined a little. So I went out with Yoona to take some pictures. There was a lake nearby and the scenery was breath-taking. I was too into selfie with Yoona that I did not realize Sehun was there, staring at me.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Chanyeol is the best!" I clapped my hand in gusto. Chanyeol grinned from ear to ear hearing my compliment. He volunteered to grill the meat for our BBQ night and it was proven he had skill. The meat was so tender! Don't even mention the taste. It was delicious! The smell only could make someone drooled.

"I can't stop eating. You ruin my diet!" Baekhyun joked. Chanyeol cracked a laugh and continued grilling.

"Chanyeol! Give me some more" Kai appeared beside me and casually put his arm around my shoulder. After the incident that he cancelled our date and made me waiting for an hour like a dumb, Kai tried to make up things with me. In other words, tried to 'buy' my heart back. But, there was another thing that was bothering my mind.

"Give me a plate" I gulped when I heard his voice. My heart started to race.

"Hey Sehun!" Baekhyun nudged him and placed his arm around Sehun's shoulder.

"Aish!" Sehun groaned and shoved Baekhyun away. Baekhyun giggled.

"Wait a second" Chanyeol put a few pieces on a plate and gave to Kai first.

"Thank you" Kai took it and brought a piece to me.

"Mirae, here" Kai creased a smile. I glanced at Sehun who was talking with Baekhyun. It had been a week I tried to avoid Sehun. It was not like I did not want to see him, I couldn't see him! Every time I looked at him, there was this damn feeling deep inside me that made my heart skipped a beat and I hated it! I tried to keep myself busy to forget the feeling but it was not as easy as I thought.

"Mirae?" Kai raised a brow. I quickly shifted my focus back to Kai and bit the meat hesitantly.

"This couple really made me sick!" Chanyeol made an annoyed face. Kai giggled and placed his arm around my waist. I could feel Sehun's stare pierced through me.

"Kai..." I whispered as I pulled away from Kai and tried to free myself from his embrace.

"Whatever! Sehun, here" Chanyeol gave Sehun his meat. Sehun thanked him and walked pass me without sparing a look at me. My gaze followed him until Kai nudged me.

"Your boyfriend is here" Kai stressed the word 'boyfriend'. Am I being too obvious? I linked my arm in his and cracked a smile.

"What?" Kai's voice was stern showing his jealousy.

"If you want to be all lovey dovey, please go away. I think I want to throw up" Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Chanyeol nodded, agreeing with Baekhyun.

"Alright alright" I chuckled and dragged Kai with me.

"Mirae.." Kai stopped my step after we were a little far from Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I swirled my head to him. Kai narrowed his eyes to me.

"Do you like Sehun?" Kai's question was like a lightning striking me to death.

"How many times I need to tell you, I-"

"Answer me!" Kai raised his voice. I took a deep breath before I answered him.

"Kim Jongin, listen. I-"

"Kai. Mr Go asks for you. He's waiting for you in his tent" Suho, our school's official bookworm suddenly came. Kai sighed and followed behind Suho.

"I'm not done with you" Kai whispered to me before he left.

Kai I'm sorry...

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"I don't want to go!" Sohyun whined.

"Why did Mr Go set up a game like that?!" Yoona added.

After the campfire, Mr Go announced a game. A night game. We needed to enter the woods alone. Alone! We had to find our way back to the campsite based on the signs and symbols given. Mr Go said this game was good to overcome our fear. What a 'good' game for a coward like me huh? I could not even face the fake ghost in the haunted house and now they wanted me to enter the dark woods in the middle of the night?! What if I met a ghost? Cold sweat had been running down my spine since the game was announced. My hand was sweating. My heart was beating like crazy!

"Mirae, are you okay?" Baekhyun asked and pressed my forehead with the back of his hand.

"You look pale" Chanyeol came.

"Are you afraid?" Kris nudged me. I glowered at him.

"You girls are such a coward! Relax. Our teachers won't put their students in danger" Kris smirked.

"Shut up!" Yoona punched him on his arm.

"What's wrong with you?!" Kris rubbed his arm and muttered something in Chinese. I guessed he was cursing Yoona.

"Are you having a fight with Kai?" Baekhyun lowered his voice so the others could not hear us. I sighed and took a glance at Kai who was busy helping the teachers for the night game. He kept moving here and there without sparing a time to take a breath.

"I heard Kai yelled earlier" Baekhyun added. I turned my head to him and forced a smile.

No, it's just Kai being jealous" I said weakly. Baekhyun cocked a brow as a respond.

"Students! Gather in front of me!" Mr Go's order bringing groans and whispers from all of us. We grudgingly gathered in front of him.

"Line up according your class. We're going to move in a line. It's dark so hold on your friend's shoulder" We followed the order silently. Everyone was nervous. Luckily tonight the full moon was helping us so it was not too dark. We had been walking for almost 20 minutes in an unknown route. We could see nothing but trees around us. The route was full of up and down which was quite dangerous. I kept slipped because it was damn slippery. Luckily Chanyeol was behind to support me from falling.

"Okay students, we're here. From now on, each of you has to find your way back to the campsite. Follow the signs and symbols installed at each checkpoint" Mr Go instructed.

"Kim Jonghyun, you first" Mr Go demanded. His class was the first to go based on the draw made before. Our class was the last. I did not know whether I should be relief or not. Jonghyun nodded and made his way to the route pointed by Mr Go. Our eyes were on him until his glimpse disappeared in the darkness.

"Next person will go in 10 minutes. The others , please sit down while waiting for your turn. Don't sit too far" I heard Kai reminded. Kai glanced at me before he continued with his work, helping teachers and controlling students. His face was serious when he looked at me and it spelled B.A.D.

"Mirae, sit here" Chanyeol grabbed my wrist and pulled me down beside him. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sleepy" Chanyeol yawned. I pushed his head with my finger.

"Your head is heavy" I complained. Chanyeol let out a chuckle. Then suddenly I heard an owl hooting. I immediately sat straight and moved closer to Chanyeol.

"Are you afraid?" Chanyeol stifled his laugh. I ignored him and hugged my knees. I hate this damn game! I heard Hayoung giggled with her friends not far from me. I was sure they were talking about me because they kept glancing at me! Whatever! I did not care about anything right now. I just wanted to go back and snuggled in my sleeping bag.

"Hey Mirae" I turned my head to Chanyeol.

"Let me sing you a song that can sooth you" Chanyeol creased a smile. Then he started to sing softly with his deep voice just enough for me to hear. I could not help but to smile, listening to his voice. I admitted that I forgot about the fear for a while and it really soothed me. I was drowned in his lullabythat I did not remember when I fell asleep.

"Mirae. Wake up. It's our turn" I heard Kai's voice whispered softly to my ears. I woke up to find myself resting my head on Kai's shoulder. I shot up in bizarre. Where is Chanyeol? I think I sit beside him earlier. Kai chuckled and pinched my nose.

"How can you sleep on other guy's shoulder?" Kai grinned.

"Chanyeol asked me to replace him. He's there with Baekhyun" Kai pointed to Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were already standing to wait for their turn. They were next. Soon I realized that half of my classmates were already gone including Sehun. The only people left were me, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai and...Hayoung? She still here? Whatever! It was not my business

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked Kai, diverting my attention from Hayoung.

"Quite long" I could see the truth based on the people left.

"I'm sorry" Kai muttered. I swirled my head to him.

"I shouldn't yell at you. I should trust you" Kai sighed. His words made me guiltier. I deserved to be yelled. I almost fell for another guy. I kissed another guy.

"It's okay Jongin. It's okay" I murmured. Kai creased a smile and brought my hand into his. He mouthed 'I love you' before my name was called. It was my turn. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Hayoung were gone. I smiled back at him before I made my way to the darkness.

You can do it Mirae!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I walked carefully so that I would not fall. The signs and symbols were really helping. It was not difficult as I thought. Kris was right. The teachers would not harm their students. I continued my journey until I found two split paths. I took the path that did not have the 'no entry' sign.

I kept walking and walking but there was no sign left. Adrenaline spread throughout my body. Am I lost? I shook the thought off from my mind. I walked back but I found myself walking at the same place.

Shudder ran down through my spine. Cold sweat started to form. I could not describe how afraid I was right now but I could not stop walking. The thought of bumping into wild animals urged me to keep walking despite my wobble legs.

Suddenly I heard thunder roaring in the sky. I looked up and saw lightning started to strike. In a split second, rain started to fall heavily. I was drenched in a blink of eyes. It was very cold that I was shivering. I had to find my way back. The rain made the soil slippery and softer that I lost my steps. I fell and rolled down the cliff. That was the last thing I remembered before I lost my consciousness. 

 

 

 

 

Excuse my typos and grammar mistakes because I'm too lazy to check. LOL. I'm sorry because I'm too bad in describing fighting scene TT.  By the way thanks for reading and subscribing =)