chapter 24

Snow White

After I was kicked out by Sehun, I went to the playground with Yura. She insisted me to play with her so I did. I could not let down an adorable girl's simple wish even though I felt like I wanted to throw myself on my bed and cried my eyes out. Yura babbled about things that happened in her kindergarten, about her favorite cartoon show and also her brother.

I came to know Sehun had liked me before we were partner. Yura said, Sehun always told her nice things about me despite the fact we were enemies back then which she did not know. It made me blushed when Yura said that Sehun told her I was the prettiest and lovely girl he had met.  He lied to me when I asked that to him before. This means he hid his feeling by behaving like a jerk around me but I really wanted to know why he had to behave like a jerk. He could just act normal around me. Was it because of Kai?

After Yura had played enough, I sent her home. I wanted to go home but Yura's complain made me felt sorry for her. She had been whining about eating pizza for two days in a row. I guessed Sehun was really sick that he could not even prepare a proper meal for her little sister. So here I was, still in Sehun's house, cooking for both of them. Sehun still did not come out from his room and I was holding myself from going in.

I made a simple meal but Yura said it was the most delicious food she had ever have. I made sure she finished her food and saved some for Sehun to eat later. I was cleaning the kitchen when I got a call from Kai. He whined about could not see me because of his chaebol position. I really wondered how I could stand this for so long. I did not say much. I just hummed and listened.

"I got to go. Love you" Kai said before hanging up. I wanted to press the end call button when he continued.

"Do you love me?" I was freeze by his question.

"L-love you too" I said soullessly.

After hearing what he wanted, he said goodbye and ended the call. I heaved a deep sigh, feeling the burden on my shoulder. As I turned around, I saw Sehun was staring at me. I flinched from surprise. When did he get here?

"I'm sorry. Yura said she is tired of pizza so I cook for her. Oh yes! I save some for you. So..I guess I have to go now. Bye!" I grabbed my bag on the dining table and quickly made an escape. Sehun did not want me here, so why should I be here any longer? That was what I thought until Sehun grabbed my wrist, electrifying my whole body. My heart started to beat very fast as I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry for kissing you that night. It's an accident. I didn't mean it" Sehun muttered without looking at me. That got me angry. He kissed me and said it was an accident? Why he kept denying the fact that he liked me? Or he really did not have any feeling towards me? No, I was sure he had because he was avoiding an eye contact.

"You don't have to avoid me. I know my limit and I'm sorry I had crossed it. Just forget about that kiss. It really did not mean anything" Sehun lowered his gaze, avoiding my eyes. He is lying. Sehun let my hand go and turned his back to me.

"Thanks for the meal but I lost my appetite" Sehun walked away without giving me a chance to speak.

Why it’s so hard to tell that I love him?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Why do you bring me to the rooftop?" I turned my head to Kai who was standing beside me. He tucked his hands in his pocket and threw his gaze to the sky. My hair flowed in the wind as it blew passed me. Kai turned his body, facing me. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and fixed my hair that had ruined a little. A smile flashed on his handsome face.

"Do you know that you always make my heart beat faster?" Kai murmured. I raised a brow.

"But I wonder, if you're feeling the same" he continued. The smile on his face disappeared as he put his serious face on. I gulped. I was lost of words.

"Where are you last night? Are you sure you're home?" He asked. I lowered my gaze as I was too scared to look him into his eyes. I told him on the phone that I was home instead of Sehun's. Kai lifted my chin up, forcing me to look at him in the eyes.

"I know you lie. I went to your house last night but you're not there. You're with Sehun right?" I remained silent as I tried to find the correct words to explain the whole situation. Kai rubbed the back of his neck and stared back at the sky.

"You like him. I can see it by the way you look at him. It's the look I have gotten before but not anymore and I'm sure Sehun like you too" Kai's words made me gape. Kai walked closer to me and held my shoulder. A small smile creased on his face.

"Now, be honest. Do you like Sehun?" I stared at Kai. I guessed this was the right time to admit my feeling. I slowly nodded. Instaed of a being mad, Kai let me go and chuckled. I raised a brow, trying to comprehend the situation. He doesn't mad?

"Kai, I'm sorry but-"

"You don't have to. I'm the one that should apologize. I know I've been neglecting you too much. It's normal if you've had a change of heart especially when there is someone who cares about you more than me" Kai snapped. I ran to his arm and hugged him tight. I felt tears were rolling down my cheek. Kai hugged me back and patted me gently. Then, he pulled away and wiped my tears.

"Don't cry. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself for losing a pretty like you" Kai soothed me. I chuckled to his joke.

"So, we're officially breaking up? Peacefully?" Kai extended his hand for a shake.

"Friend?" He continued. I nodded and took his hand.

"Friend"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

The news of our breaking-up circulated really fast than I thought. I still remembered my friends' surprised face. Chanyeol shook my body to ring my insanity for leaving a perfect guy. Baekhyun thought we were just having a couple-fight but I convinced him that we really broke up. I assured him that we were fine. We really were. Kai and I still talked to each other. We could still smile to each other as well. The thing different was we were not a couple.

Since then, Kai's fans were increasing. More girls tried to hit on him. Of course! It was not a weird thing. Kai was a perfect though. I just hope one of his fans could capture his heart and helped him to forget me. I knew he still liked me but I just could not like him anymore. Not more than a friend.

I could not deny the fact that more boys were after me as well. They kept asking for my numbers, but I did not give them any chance. Walking in the hallway was not really comfortable anymore because the boys never leave me alone as they kept flirting with me. Luckily I had Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They protected me really well that they could be considered as my guards. At least, the boys would not disturb me when I was with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Chanyeol asked me to pick any of those guys to settle down all this or just got back with Kai but I just shook my head. No one interested me. My heart belonged to someone and that someone still being cold with me despite the fact I was already single. It broke my heart when Sehun ignored me when I bumped into him. I rather being teased by him like he always did than being ignored. At least he talked to me but now we were like strangers.

I wanted to use our projects as an excuse to meet him but he always avoided. He said the date line was still very far and he had dance practice to be focused on as well. The excuses made sense actually as the K-Pop competition was just around the corner. So I did not have any choice other than waited. I really missed the loving and caring Sehun. I missed his touch.

Sehun..I miss you really bad.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

"Do you think we can make it?" Baekhyun looked up at me. He was damn nervous that his hands were all sweaty. He had been rubbing his hands together since we arrived at the venue. Baekhyun kept doing warming-up for his voice or walking back and forth. He just could not stay still!

"I know you can do it!" I patted him on the shoulder. His lips curled upwards to form a smile. My eyes roamed around the backstage. Everyone was busy. Chanyeol and Kris were practicing their rap line. Kyungsoo, Suho and Chen were checking their dance moves. The only one missing was Sehun. I walked around to look for Sehun.

It did not take me long to spot him. I saw him with a girl and they looked...close? They were laughing together like this world was theirs. I saw the girl linked her arm in Sehun's and Sehun let her. I felt my heart was tore apart. The look on Sehun's face was telling me he was genuinely happy. They looked happy together and I was burnt in jealousy.

"Mirae unni?" I turned my head away when someone called me. I saw Yura was heading towards me. I took her in my arm and cuddled her.

"You want to watch oppa dances too?" Yura beamed at me. She was always full of spirit and cheerful. I envied her for having such a cheerful personality. I wished I could be one right now because my heart was already broke into thousand pieces.

"Yeah. He's in my friends' group" I answered her while trying to force a smile. Yura nodded and peeked over my shoulder. She pointed towards the direction of Sehun and the girl.

"Unni? She's here?" Yura remarked excitedly. I looked at Yura. It seemed Yura knew her too.

"You know her?" I asked Yura.

"Of course! She always comes to our house" Yura said.

That tore my heart even more. Sehun told me he was busy with dance practice but what did he do? He invited a girl to his house? He did not even allow me to come! I felt like both of my legs were loosening their strength. I felt like falling. This was too much for me to take.

"She is-"

"Oh Yura!" The girl suddenly called out for her.

Yura waved at her and the girl waved back with a sweet smile of hers. I put Yura down and she pranced towards the girl. She Yura's hair gently and gave her a lollipop. Yura, Sehun and that girl, they looked like a happy family. I turned my back as I could not stand it anymore. It hurt me very much. I held back my tears. I could not cry here. Not today, when I supposed to smile to cheer on my best friends. I should not make them worry.

When I was about to walk away, Sehun suddenly grabbed me by my wrist. He turned me around, facing him. I was too focused on the girl that I did not realize how handsome Sehun was today. He had his hair done and a little make-up. He looked like a real idol. I swore I was mesmerized by his look but I quickly shook the thought away.

"What the hell are you doing?! Let me go!" I jerked my wrist harshly. I could not face him. He found someone else already and I was just nothing to him!

"Mirae can we talk?" The tone in his voice was the tone that I longed for. I almost melted but I would not let him. I saw enough. He did not want me anymore. He did not love me anymore. No need to talk. Maybe this dimension had a little different. I was destined to meet him but not to love him. I started to regret my decision to come back. Mirae from the other dimension must be so happy right now. He got to feel Sehun's love. Hana said Sehun from both dimension were same but I guessed not for their heart.

"We have nothing to talk about Sehun" I quickly strode away but Sehun was not letting me. He grabbed my wrist again. I glowered at him and yanked my hand off his grasp. I paced away without looking back at him anymore. He shouted my names several times but I tried my best not to be bothered.

How could you Oh Sehun...

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

The competition was going well. Each group was fantastic but they were just nothing compared to Baekhyun's group. They could be considered as a real idol. I thought I was watching an idol group! They were very skilled and talented as if they were trained for years.

I had all these goosebumps when I listened to Chen's high yet powerful vocal. Baekhyun was different from Baekhyun that I knew. He was so charismatic and I swore all girls screamed when he winked. Same goes to Chanyeol. He was not my baby Yeol on stage. He was freaking hot! His rap was powerful and the performance became more energetic with his rap.

I did not want to spare a look at Sehun but I could not help to stare at him. It was my first time seeing him dance and I hated myself for falling for him even more. His body looked so light as if he was flying. His body moved perfectly and naturally with the beat. I caught him staring at me but I immediately looked away. My heart still ached.

When their performance ended, all the audience stood up and gave them a big round of applause. I guessed they already acquired some fans. I spotted the girl I saw with Sehun earlier in one of the girl groups. She was a good dancer too. I could see it by the way her body moved. I hated to admit that she was a good match with Sehun.

Both of them were dancers and they must had many things in common. I felt like a numb when I saw her hugged Sehun after she got off stage. I bit my lower lips until it bled. I felt like going home right now. I could not watch them all lovey-dovey in front of me when I was hurt inside. I was glad they disappeared to the backstage so I did not have to look at them.

The MC announced the winners and Baekhyun's group won for best male group! That , I decided to call her a , won the best female group. After the prizes were given, I congratulated Suho, Chen, Kyungsoo and Kris before running towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol and gave them a hug. Sehun was nowhere in sight which made me kind of relief.

"See! I've told you! You can do it!" I patted them on the shoulder. Baekhyun and Chanyeol let out a chuckle.

"A CEO of an entertainment company gave us his card!" Chanyeol said excitedly.

"Really?!" My eyes widened when I heard the news. Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded simultaneously. I screamed out of joy, expressing my excitement. Baekhyun had to cover my mouth because my scream was attracting eyes on us.

"Congratulation!" That suddenly showed up, bringing down my mood. My eyes widened when I saw her placing her arms around Chanyeol and pecked his cheek. Chanyeol blushed but still kissed her back on her forehead.

"Thanks dear" Chanyeol said sweetly and the giggled. I turned my head to Baekhyun, asking for some explanation. Did this is a playgirl? I just saw her flirting with Sehun and now with my best friend? Baekhyun let out a chuckle, seeing my bewildered face.

"Congrats too!" Baekhyun ignored me and shook the 's hand.

"Chanyeol? Baekhyun? What's going on here?" I could not hide my curiosity any longer.

"Remember the girl I tried to hit on? She is the girl and now she's my girlfriend, Leya" Chanyeol grinned. My jaws almost dropped at the word 'girlfriend'. What about Sehun? I looked at Baekhyun, confirming the truth and he nodded. Leya extended her hand for a shake. I took it hesitantly and shook her hand.

"I'm Leya. That's my stage name. My real name is Shim Eunji. Nice to meet you." she introduced herself a little bit longer. I guessed she must be had a friendly personality.

"I'm Mirae, Han Mirae" I skipped the 'nice to meet you part'.

"Han Mirae? You're Han Mirae? What a small world!" She grabbed my hands and interlaced her fingers with mine, making me uncomfortable. What the hell is wrong with this girl?! She chuckled when she saw my perplex look.

"You know me?" I asked. I swirled my head to Chanyeol and Baekhyun but they just shrugged, implying that they did not involve in any of this.

"Of course I know you! My cousin always told me about you!" She giggled. Then, she leaned closer to me and whispered to my ear.

"He falls for you really bad!" Leya winked at me. I became more confused.

"Who's your cousin?" I questioned.

"Oh Sehun, that y dancer on stage!" Leya chuckled. I gaped. I was mad at nothing! I was jealous at his cousin?!I felt a huge rock was dropped on my head. Chanyeol nudged her and rolled his eyes. I could see Chanyeol was jealous.

"Hey, he's my cousin. We're very close! He's like my own brother. You don't have to be jealous at him" Leya burst out laughing. Her words somehow hit me. Chanyeol placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. Now, I could see that they were really dating. 

"Are you going to see Sehun after this? Can you please send my thanks for him? He taught me a lot. By the way, I have a date" Leya winked at Chanyeol.

"Sehun taught you?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah. He didn't tell you? I went to his house almost every day to practice my choreography" That explained why she always went to Sehun's house and the important thing was Sehun did not lie. He really had a dance practice. He just did not tell me with whom he practiced. A surge of guilty hit me.

What have I done?

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................

Hey Sehun! I'll be at Lotte World tomorrow at 6 if you want to see me. If you want to but it’s not that necessary but..just think about it.

I read my message to him last night for the umpteenth time already. I finally pressed the send button after deleting thousands of messages. I did not want to look so desperate to see him and not too straightforward. I was a girl and I had my ego too. I started to regret my action when Sehun still did not show up. I should just tell him I wanted to see him. I should erase the 'if' part. I should lower my ego.

I could not do anything but sigh. I started to think that I should just give up. There was no point of waiting if Sehun did not want to see me. I was here because of him in the first place. But what if he was just late? What if he wanted to see me but something came up and he was late? What if he was already here but could not find me? I scratched my hair in despair. I wished I had a Gweniour to look for Sehun. I wished Hana was here to help me.

"You messy girl" suddenly I heard a voice beside me. I lifted my head and turned to the owner of the voice. I gasped in shock. He was here. Sehun was sitting beside me! I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was not imagining him. Sehun was still there. This mean, he was really here! I was too into debating his presence in my mind that I did not realize I was staring at him.

"Hey messy girl. Are you here?" Sehun waved his hand in front of me and brought me back to the earth. I quickly averted my gaze and cleared my throat. I could feel heat was rising to my cheek. I glanced at him when we were still not talking to each other. I caught him staring at me. Our eyes met and made my little heart beat so fast that I thought it might burst any moment. Our eyes locked but none of us had the intention to look away.

Sehun suddenly leaned closer and gave me a kiss that I longed for since I came back. I felt my body weakened as he kissed me deeper and I could not help but to kiss him back. Sehun pulled away and caressed my cheek.

"I like you Mirae. I love you. I'm sorry it takes me so long to say this. When you kiss me back that night, I thought you have the same feeling as me but then you avoid me and making me confuse. I thought you're just out of your mind that night until I heard you broke up with Kai. I start to wonder whether you have someone else. I wonder if that someone is me. I just.." I silenced him with a kiss.

"Hell, I love you" I muttered. Sehun's lips curled upward, showing his killer smile that I missed so much. I swore my face had turned damn red right now. Sehun pulled me into his embrace and hugged me. I could hear his fast beating heart against his chest. The scent of his cologne wafted into my nose, melting me even more. Sehun pulled away and stood up. He grabbed my wrist and forced me to stand.

"Where are we going?" I asked in confusion. I felt like I was just came back from heaven and could not recognize my surrounding anymore.

"I want to show the world how beautiful my girl is" Sehun let out a chuckle.

"My girl?" Heat rose to my cheek.

"Aren't you?" Sehun smirked.

"Yes my man. I'm yours tonight" I giggled.

"You're mine forever"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

All of our projects together were done smoothly. I really wanted to thank all the teachers that paired me up with Sehun. If not for them, I would never notice his feelings towards me and I would never felt his love. Sehun and I just remained silent about our relationship. We were letting everyone knew by themselves slowly.

The first one to know was Chanyeol. No, it was his talkative girlfriend. I assumed that girl was really excited about us that he could not remained silent when he met his boyfriend. Chanyeol texted I right after he knew about us. Then I got a call from Baekhyun. His high pitch voice pierced through my ear that I almost got deaf.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were quite shocked. They knew Sehun and I had something between us but they did not expect us to reach this level this fast. However they still happy with me and supported me as they usually did.

As for the incident back in the woods, the teachers found out the culprit. It was Hayoung as I had predicted. She was hung from the school for sabotaging. Hayoung was forced to make an apology to me and surprisingly she did it but I could see she was not sincere. Hayoung told the teachers she wanted to scare me and lead me back to the correct path but she was asleep while waiting for me, causing me to go deeper in the woods and lost.

Ah yes! I had met Luhan! He was a transfer student from China. He looked different with uniform and I admitted he looked handsome in it. He got a lot of fans in a short period of time. Luhan and Kris got along with each other really well since they came from the same country. Luhan's Korean was so good because he lived in Korea for almost 5 years when he was younger before he got back to China.

I was very happy I got to see him again. We hang out together often, with Sehun of course. He would not let me go with just two of us. So in the end I would drag Baekhyun along as well. Sometimes Chanyeol would tag along but since he had a girlfriend, he always went for a date. Baekhyun said he wanted to get himself a girl as he was feeling lonely nowadays. I could not help but laugh to his statement. Serve him right! He was damn picky. His taste was very high that caused him to end up as a loner.

"Hey pretty, back to earth!" Sehun touched my nose. I was lost in my own thought that I forgot we had homeworks to finish. Even our projects were done, I still came to his house to do our school assignments and play with Yura. Sometimes I would bring my sister together.

"Sorry. Where are we?" I scratched my hair and gave a 'peace' sign.

"We're done Mirae. I'm asking if you want to stay for dinner?" Sehun shook his head.

"Aaah. Sure" I giggled.

"Aigooo. What's in your mind?" Sehun pushed my head lightly and chuckled.

"What do you think?" I rest my head on his shoulder and interlaced my fingers with his.

"Me?"Sehun's answer made me laugh. I lifted my head and kissed his cheek.

"Sehun, may I ask you something?" Sehun nodded before placing my head back on his shoulder.

"Why do you choose to behave like a jerk if you like me?" I asked. Sehun chuckled and my hair gently.

"So you want to know my story? Okay let me tell you" Sehun cleared his throat before he continued. "At first, I just like to tease you because you're fun to be teased but then the feeling started to grow inside me. It hurt me when you and Kai were going out. I know I will not stand a chance against Kai especially I was a jerk to you. So I chose to continue being a jerk so that the feeling would not grow deeper but then the teachers started to pair us up. I thought I could handle with my feeling but I was wrong. I fall for you even more and I could not stop myself from helping you. I just could not stand to see you in trouble. That's how I end up following you around without you noticing"

"You follow me?" I shrieked. That was why he was always there when I was troubled!

"You dense girl!" Sehun let out a chuckle. He planted a kiss on my forehead before getting up on his feet.

"Alright! We have dinner to make" Sehun remarked. He turned around and made his way to the kitchen. I followed his trail and back hugged him.

"Sehun, I love you" I muttered. I heard Sehun chuckled. He swirled around and faced me. He tilted his head and placed his lips against mine.

"Love you too, Han Mirae" 

 

 

Yeay!! Finally! Happily ever after LOL. This is the end for Mirae in this dimension. I'm on my way writing the special chapter for the other dimension. Can The Seven convince Mirae that it is not a dream? Can Sehun get her heart back? Special chapter~ By the way thanks for reading and subscribing guys =) Love you all XOXO