chapter 6

Snow White

"Thanks for today" I said as we arrived at The Seven's cottage. By the time we arrived, the moon was ready to replace the sun. The sky was already orange in color. Kai sent me here instead of the bakery as the bakery was already closed.

"Nope. It's me to say thank you for today, Mirae. Sorry I make you accompanied me instead of helping your friends. They must be mad at me because I take you out until late evening" Kai said with sorry look on his face.

 "No it's okay. I enjoy myself today anyway. Thanks for taking me out. It's nice to be outside" I coaxed him. I really had fun outside today. If Kai did not take me out and bring me to his castle, I might not remember my mother and our memories together. He was a total trigger today.

 "I'm glad you're happy" a smile creased on Kai's face. "I guess you have to go in right now. It's already late. Don't make them worried. Arghh. I swear if I can use my teleportation power, it will not take this long to send you here" Kai continued. I was in bewilderment. Was he joking with me right now?

"Teleportation? What do-"

"Han Mirae! You're back! I'm so worried. It thought you're lost in the woods and get killed by the carnivores! " Baekhyun suddenly appeared, running towards me. I chuckled. Baekhyun always exaggerated something! I was not a child anymore but I admitted that this side of him made me loved him more.

"Your highness! I'm sorry I'm being rude. I'm just worried that anything happened to our Mirae" Baekhyun bowed.

"It's okay. I guess I've to go now. Mirae, see you later." Kai smiled at me and got on his white horse. The horse started to move as he pulled the bridle. My eyes followed him until his figure disappeared in the woods.

"Let's go Mirae. They're waiting for you inside" Baekhyun grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. As we walked into the cottage, Kai's words kept lingering in my mind.

I swear if I can use my teleportation power, it will not take this long to send you here…

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"I take it as yes. May I princess Chanyeol?" Baekhyun mimicked soulfully. Chanyeol acted along by putting his shy smile and took Baekhyun's beautiful hand. His hand was really beautiful. I swore! Too beautiful for a guy!

"Guys! Stop it!" I punched Baekhyun and Chanyeol on their shoulder. They burst into laughter as they used their arms for defense. They kept putting on a play since I came back from the royal castle! Chen was even worse. He kept singing all love songs he knew and made a duet with Kyungsoo. I admitted they had a good voice but I couldn't stand it if they were singing all night teasing me!

"Can you guys please stop!" Suddenly Kris shouted from his spot. We quickly shut our mouth. Kris was sewing a dress. He worked as a tailor for his part time job. He said he was born to be a fashionista. I nearly choked when he told me that! He was so full of himself but I admitted he had a good sense in fashion. If not, he would not be a successful tailor like now.

"I'm trying to finish.....Mirae's wedding dress!" He laughed to his heart content and raised his thick eyebrows. Oh no. You too ,Kris? Baekhyun and Chanyeol ran towards Kris and high five with each other. I just shook my head in disbelief. I felt like I was having a headache!

At night, we usually sat together and talked about our day. We laughed, told jokes, gave some riddles or told a horror story. Kyungsoo was good in telling horror story. His deep voice really suited that kind of story. Whenever Kyungsoo told a story, I couldn't sleep because I kept imagining them! Even the brave-like Sehun had a nightmare. I could hear him sleep talking and murmured something like "Go go away you ghost!" Talking about him, I didn't see him since I came back. The memory of him that flashed into my minds earlier was still lingering in my head. It was frustrating because I didn’t know what kind of relationship we had! I was sure Kai was my boyfriend but why should I felt something weird inside when I heard his voice? Was I had been a two-timer? I was loyal! But stil….

 "So what are we doing tonight? Horror story again? Or should we asked our Mirae to tell her first date experience" Baekhyun said as he put his arm on my shoulder and sat beside me. "Or you want us to tell you about some dating tips?" Chanyeol said as he took another seat beside me and put his head on my shoulder. I pushed them away and glared at both of them.

"Okay okay we will stop. Forgive us okay?" Baekhyun looked at me with his puppy-eyes.

"I don't believe in you. I know you will never stop" I scoffed.

"Yeah of course we will!" they burst into a huge laughter. Then Suho came, bringing us chocolate drinks. He put them on a small table and sat on the floor between Chen and Kyungsoo who were still laughing at not-so-funny jokes made by Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Suho looked around and asked "Where is Sehun?"

"Archering" Kris answered shortly without looking at Suho. He was busy mending the dress. Sehun was good in archery. Even though he was already at a level where he could participate in Olympics, oh wait, there was no Olympics here but still I was saying he was good. He still worked hard in improving his skill which I thought it was enough actually. Suho nodded. Suddenly I remembered Kai's words when he sent me home.

“I swear if I can use my teleportation power, it will not take this long to send you here”

"Suho, what did Prince Jongin mean when he said he could teleport?" I asked for explanation. Kris stopped and looked at Suho. They exchanged some weird looks. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Chen and Kyungsoo who were busy laughing also stopped doing so. Did I ask something sensitive?

"That.." Suho seemed hesitated to tell me. He kept rubbing his back neck. I raised my eyebrows. Suho heaved a deep sigh.

"Just tell her Suho. She needs to know" Kris said and continued with his work. Suho took a sip of chocolate drink and inhaled a deep breathe. "I guess today is the day I need to tell you about our dimension" he chuckled

. "Yeay! Suho is going to tell a bedtime story!" Baekhyun tried to rise up the mood. "Wait wait I need to fix my position" Baekhyun quickly rest his head on my right lap and Chanyeol followed him by putting his head on my left lap. These guys were heavy! But I was more interested to Suho's story so I just let them.

"Proceed" Chanyeol said shortly. Chen and Kyungsoo who were looking at their immature behavior just shook their head simultaneously. Suho took a deep breath before he continued.

“Our dimension is about magic where everyone has their own power. We are born with it. Some can teleport and some can fly. Chanyeol can control fire, Baekhyun's power is light, Chen can produce lightning, Kyungsoo represents soil but to be precise, strength, Kris can fly and as for me, I can control water. For Sehun-"

"I can control wind" Sehun suddenly snapped absentmindedly. He then walked straight to his room and slammed the door. I could see he was sweating heavily like he was just coming back from running. We exchanged our looks. Kyungsoo and Chen just shrugged.

"Proceed please?" I said and signaled  Suho to continue. "Oh yes. Sehun's power is wind" Suho said.

"Okay....So, if all of you have your own power, why don't you use it? You don't like it?" I asked. I was still confused. I never saw them used their powers before. All the people in the town also did not used theirs. They were normal, like me!

 "It's not like we don't like it. We can't use it. It was shut down" Suho sighed.

"Why?” I asked again.

I gaped when Suho told me the whole story. Suho said that each King would have a protector. This protector was called Gwen. Gwen was the one that control all the powers possessed by people. Without Gwen, all powers couldn’t work. A miracle happened where a twin Gwen were born Lee Hana and Lee Hayoung. They shared their powers but Hana got the most powers. Hayoung was not satisfied. No matter how hard she tried she couldn’t surpass her sister. Hana was chosen as King's Gwen. Hayoung ran away far away in the woods. She built her own castle and enhanced her power. Revenge was all she wanted. One day she came back and killed Hana by stealing Hana's Gweniour. Gweniour was a pure pearl which Gwen's soul was placed. It was a Gwen's speciality. Hayoung did not have one as she was not chosen. She returned her sister soul and put hers in it. All powers weaken. Hayoung made it worse by shutting down all powers as she was a Gwen too. With no power no one could defeat Hayoung.

“So where is the Gweniour?” I asked

“I think she put it in her castle but no one dared to go in. It was too dangerous and risky since our power can’t work. It will be hard for us to protect ourselves” Kris answered.

“A friend of mine who has a friend who has a cousin told me that Hayoung had a special mirror. She always looks at herself and murmurs some kind of spell. Then a creepy voice will come out from the mirror!” Baekhyun interjected. My eyes widen at Baekhyun’s statement. This story was kind of familiar.

Mirror…?

Magic….?

I gasped.

 

 

Snow White!

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is different from the original snow white, right? hahahahaha. That is the purpose though.But there is more actually~ By the way, Thanks for subscribing and reading my first fanfic. It is a little bit hard as it is my first time.Huhuhu...