chapter 23

Snow White

"Jungmi-ah, if you can meet all Snow White characters, who do you want to meet the most?" I asked my little sister after I read her the Snow White story she never sicked of.

"I want to meet the handsome prince!" Jungmi smiled broadly with her hand interlaced in gusto. She batted her eyelashes, imagining the crown prince. I chuckled and snuggled her into my arm.

"Are you sure? I think the dwarfs are also good-looking. The author just drew them wrong" my sister narrowed her eyes to me as if she did not believe in my words.

"How do you know?" Jungmi muttered. She raised her brow, expecting an explanation from me. I did not think she would believe in my words if I told her I went to Snow White's dimension where magic and superpower existed.

"I just know it" I gave her the simplest answer I could give.

"Unni! You're lying!" Jungmi hit my arm lightly, bringing me burst into a huge laughter.

"Let's go to sleep. I'll sleep with you tonight" I pulled the blanket and covered her body. She complied and closed her eyes. I propped up my head while staring at my little sister. I patted her until she fell asleep soundly.

You're lying. Jungmi's words rang inside me. I'm not lying Jungmi. They are handsome and one of them snatched my heart. A smile formed on my face when the thought of The Seven came across my mind. I wondered if everything was doing fine there. I wondered if Mirae believed them or not. A sigh escaped from my mouth. It had just been two day since I arrived here but I already missed them.

The things that I brought back were just memories and the pearl necklace. Hana did not allow me to bring anything from that dimension. I thought she took the necklace from me when I did not find anything around my neck but before I returned home, a nurse gave me the necklace. She said she found it under my pillow. I did not know how to express my gratitude to her because the necklace was so precious to me now. Luhan. I did not find him yet in this dimension but I knew better that I would meet him one day. It just the matter of time. There were too much thoughts lingered in my mind that I did not even know when I fell asleep.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I called Baekhyun to ask his where about and the next thing I knew I was already in front of his practice studio. I did not know what exactly I was looking for here. The Seven were sure thing but Sehun, I didn't quite sure. I knocked the door and stepped in. The sweat odor wafted into my nose and the loud music was hitting my eardrum. As expected, they were here except him. They stopped dancing abruptly when they saw me.

"Mirae? What are-" Baekhyun did not manage to complete his sentence as I ran to him and pulled him into my arm. I knew he would think I was out of my mind but I did not care. I missed him.

"Hey what's wrong with you?" Baekhyun asked when I pulled away from him. I ignored his question and stared at Chanyeol who was standing beside Baekhyun. He was gawking at me. I stood on my tip toes and placed my arm around Chanyeol’s neck.

"Mirae? Are you okay? Did you run from the hospital?" Chanyeol asked confusedly. I pulled away and flashed a smile.

"No. I'm totally fine and I didn't run away from the hospital. You texted me yesterday remember?" I let out a chuckle. Chanyeol quirked his brow.

"You are being weird. You never hug us the way you did earlier. You are the one that always shove us away if we do that. Did the fall impact your brain?" Baekhyun crossed his arm. Chanyeol nodded frantically, agreed with each single word.

"I just, miss my best friends" I shook my head and gave them another hug. They let out a chuckle and hugged me back, going with my flow.

"Ehem, sorry to disturb but we're still here okay?" A voice cut our dramatic scene and caused us to pull away from each other. I turned around to the voice owner. Chen was crossing his arm while looking at us. I walked closer to him and creased a smile. Chen is being a mother again.

"How are you, Chen?" Chen seemed shocked when I mentioned his name. It was simply because we never met each other in this dimension. I only heard about him from Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"You know me? Does Baekhyun tell me about you?" I let out a chuckle. Their way of talking was similar! How awesome was that! I nodded and shifted my eyes towards Kyungsoo who was just observing the situation. Just like he always did in the other dimension.

"Kyungsoo, right?" I rubbed my chin, pretending like I was trying to remember him. Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. I swirled my head towards Kris and Suho.

"I think I cannot remember your name. What is it? Em..." I said jokingly.

"I don't want to treat you again" Kris crossed his arm. I burst into a huge laughter.

"Kris, how can I forget you" I patted him on the shoulder.

"How about me?" Suho suddenly interjected.

"Suho, you are the most brilliant student in our school and also my rival. Of course I know your name" I laughed giddily.

"Isn't your rival is Sehun?" My laugh stopped when Sehun's name slipped from his mouth. Suho crossed his arm and smirked. I had realized from the moment I came in that Sehun was not here. I wondered where he was. Does he late? Does he go out for a while?

"Sorry, is that joke a little too much?" Suho apologized when I remained silent. It was not like I was hurt by his words. It was just, I almost forgot that here, Sehun and I were still enemy. That was what everyone was thinking. I shook my head and forced a smile.

"Let's take a rest for 15 minutes" Kris announced. Everyone immediately stretched out their body and grabbed a bottle of water each. They gulped down their water in one shot as they were too thirsty. I could see it by the way they were sweating. Baekhyun suddenly tucked me down to sit beside him and Chanyeol.

"Why do you come? You're not that well yet!" Baekhyun muttered while wiping his face with his towel.

"Yeah. We are thinking of going to your house after this actually" Chanyeol added. He took out a chewing gum from his bag and offered me one. Peppermint! It had been a while since I had this. I mouthed 'thanks' and took it.

"Is there something coming up? You hang up the phone hastily when you call me earlier" Baekhyun asked.

"I just want to see you guys" I replied frankly. I was not lying. I had used to see them first in the morning every day, helping them with breakfast, going to the bakery together, everything together. So it was kind of weird for me this morning.

"You're being weird" Chanyeol rolled his eyes. I giggled. Chanyeol then whispered something to Baekhyun. A playful smile formed on Baekhyun’s voice.

"Let me guess. You want to know about the whole incident or you want to know about your knight in shining armor?" Baekhyun smirked. Chanyeol burst out laughing. I narrowed my eyes, asking for some explanation.

"Knight in shining armor?" I was puzzled. What the hell is they talking about?!

"I guess it is the whole incident because our Mirae looks so confuse" Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded and took a lungful of air.

"Actually..."

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I did not know whether it was the right thing to do or not. The only thing I knew, I was already standing in front of Sehun's villa. Baekhyun told me Sehun skipped practice today. That was why he was not there. He did not even answer any call. I could not help but to feel worried about him.

My jaw almost dropped when Baekhyun said Sehun was the one that found me. He sprinted back to the woods without any hesitant when the teachers found me missing. They had to search for Sehun and I in the rain. Sehun appeared after an hour with me in his arm. His shirt was drenched and his lips already turned purple due to the coldness.

The teachers then brought me to the nearest hospital. Mr Go said that the 'no entry' sign was moved by someone. That was the main reason I was lost. The one behind all this was still under investigation. I did not know why my instinct kept telling me the person was Hayoung. She was kind of suspicious though. Whatever it was, I was glad that I was safe and sound.

I took a deep breath several times before walking into Sehun's villa. I was about to rang the doorbell when suddenly Yura pranced out from the door.

"Unni!" She shouted and ran into my arms.

"Why don't you come here anymore? I thought you'll never come again. I'm lonely" Yura pouted. Yeah, I was avoiding Sehun back then. I skipped all of our assignment meeting by giving excuses. I just could not face him and that was why I was here. To make things right.

"I'm sorry Yura. I'm so busy lately" It was kind of awkward to say word 'lately' because I felt I had gone for months. I did but this dimension did not.

"Where are you going?" I asked her. She looked like she was in hurry before.

"I'm not going anywhere. I see you from the window so I come out" Yura smiled broadly until her white teeth were shown.

"Let's go out and play!" Yura got down from me and pulled my hand. I crouched down and held her shoulders.

"Okay but let me see your oppa first. Is he inside?"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I placed the back of my palm against Sehun's forehead. A sigh was released from my mouth. Sehun had a fever. His eyes were closed and his body was wrapped with thick blanket. I sat beside him and fixed my gaze on the sleeping Sehun.

My hand felt so itchy to touch him. I wanted to hold him. I wanted to his brown hair. I wanted to bump my head on his chest. I wanted to kiss him. Just like I used to do in the other dimension but I knew better I could not do them here. Not until we confessed.

I got up from his bed, careful not to wake him up. Sehun suddenly coughed making me freeze. His eyes fluttered open. He turned his head to me and stared at me without uttering a word. The expression on his face was unreadable.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asked coldly. It had been a while since I heard that tone in his voice and it hurt me. I let out a sigh as I needed to cope with this situation again.

"I want to see you" I murmured. Sehun scoffed and shot up on his bed. He crossed his arm and threw me his scrutinizing look.

"You've seen me right? So, get out from my room" Sehun glowered at me. Those words were too painful that tears started to swell in my eyes. I clenched my fist, swallowing hard each word that came out from his mouth. I turned my back to him as tears ran down my cheek. I took a deep breath and walked out.

"Thanks for saving me Oh Sehun. Get well soon" I muttered.

"And I miss you" I whispered silently before turning the knob.   

 

 

Thanks for reading and subscribing =)