chapter 22

Snow White

"I'm sorry Mirae. You can be mad at me. You can hate me. I deserve it!" Luhan said. "I'm not a good friend. No, I don't deserve to be your friend!" He continued. I saw tears started to form in his eyes. I moved closer to him and wrapped him in my embrace. I patted his back gently to soothe him.

"Mirae, I don't understand-"

"I'm not mad at you. I understand your situation. I will do the same thing if I'm in your shoes" I said sincerely. After hearing his story, I felt sympathy towards Luhan instead of being angry. He lost his father when he was little. Then he was separated from his mother and being forced to devote his life as Hayoung's servant. Hayoung killed her mother without him knowing and now he was locked in a room alone in such a pathetic condition!

I could hear he sobbed so I pulled him closer to me. When he was better, I let him go and wiped his tears. "We will help you Luhan. We will help you escape from this hell" I assured him. I swirled my head to Kyungsoo who just remained silent throughout the whole story. As if he could read what was in my mind, he nodded and broke the chain on Luhan's leg.

"Now let's go!" I grabbed Luhan by his wrist but he was so weak that collapsed to the floor. "It's fine Mirae. This is not important. You're looking for the Gweniour right? It is placed in an underground room. Hana is also there" Luhan informed. I was hesitant to leave him alone. So I signaled Kyungsoo to carry him.  Kyungsoo nodded but before he managed to do so, the door flung opened. I gasped in shocked.

"Look what we got here. A traitor and a coward with her man. Such a good place to meet with each other huh?" Hayoung laughed sarcastically. I gulped as her eyes pierced through me. Kyungsoo rushed towards me and hid me behind his back. He instantly ed his sword towards Hayoung. She did not seem to be affected by the warning as she paced closer to Kyungsoo and easily threw him against the wall without touching him. My legs started to tremble but I tried my best to hide my fear. Hayoung smirked at me.

"You're the one who is a coward Hayoung! You fight with a powerless human! You shut down their power! You're afraid that they are stronger than you! You don't dare to go against them if they get their power back!" Luhan suddenly yelled at Hayoung, drawing her attention. I found her pride was on the line.

"Shut up!!!" Hayoung yelled back at him but Luhan did not waver.

"I'm right! You're a coward!" Luhan smirked. Hayoung stomped towards him and slapped him hard until he was hurled.

"No I'm not! Fine! I give the guys their power back. Let see who is the strongest!" Hayoung exclaimed with arrogant look on her face. She immediately closed her eyes and murmured some chant that I could not catch. I took the chance to run towards Luhan and Kyungsoo who were lying on the floor. I helped them to get up.

"I get my power back" suddenly Kyungsoo murmured. My eyes widen in shock when suddenly Kyungsoo's hand turned into a huge, rock hand. Luhan flashed a smile as he found his power returned too. I saw a small rock floating by its own and I knew just exactly who did that. Kyungsoo rapidly dashed towards Hayoung. He aimed his rocky hand to Hayoung but unfortunately she was faster. Hayoung suddenly disappeared and appeared behind Kyungsoo.A smirk formed on her face.

"Kyungsoo watch your back!!" I screamed but it was too late. Hayoung set her hand on Kyungsoo's back and caused blood to spurt out from his mouth. He vomited blood! Kyungsoo collapsed on the floor. I wanted to run to him but Luhan suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"Find the Gweniour! Don't waste his sacrifice. I'll help him here. Just go!" Luhan whispered. I glanced at Kyungsoo who was still struggling to get back on his feet before I made my way out. Hayoung ran after me but Luhan slammed the door by his telekinesis. I ran downstairs as fast as I could. There, I found Chen, Sehun, Kris and Suho were smiling at me. Dead wolves were scattered around. That was not so surprising. The surprising things were the lightning on Chen's sword and the flying Kris. I gaped.

"Chen..Kris..they..power.." I lost my words. They chuckled.

"You'll see more" Sehun said as he approached me.

"HAN MIRAE!" we turned our head to the voice and at the same time two bodies were thrown in front of us.

"Kyungsoo! Luhan!" I screamed. Hayoung fled towards me but suddenly all the windows were flung opened and wind started to blow strongly causing Hayoung to be hurled. I saw Sehun was doing some hand move and Hayoung was thrown upwards by the wind. It was Sehun. His wind.

"Let us settle it here. You go!" Suho ordered. In a split second, my wrist was grabbed by Sehun and he pulled me away.

"You know where it is?" He asked as we started to run. I nodded and led him underground as Luhan instructed. We ran and ran until we reached to a room. Sehun tried to turn the knob but he ended up being struck by a jolt of lightning.

"I can't touch it!" Sehun cringed in pain. Then I remembered. Sehun was from this dimension so he could not touch it! I had to do this alone from now.

"You can't get in Han Mirae!" Suddenly Hayoung appeared. She looked awful. Her face was full of scratch. Her dress was torn here and there. She laughed sarcastically. I tried to put the bravest face I could put on.

"Oh yeah? Are you sure?" I smirked and turned the knob. The smirk on Hayoung's face disappeared when I managed to open the door. Without wasting more time, I barged in and saw a pearl placed in the middle of the room. I assumed it was the Gweniour. Not far from the Gweniour was Hana. She was lying on a glass capsule.

I was about to reach for the Gweniour when suddenly Hayoung grabbed me by my arm and threw me away from the Gweniour. Lightning started to form in her hand and she touched me with that hand causing me to scream in pain as I felt the jolt running throughout my body.

"Today is the day where the Gwen is the strongest Han Mirae! You'll die!" Hayoung laughed hysterically.

"Get off from her you !" Sehun came and kicked her hard until she fell on the floor. Sehun looked so weak. I knew he endured the pain to come inside. Sehun tried to pace towards me but his body was struck by lightning. Hayoung grabbed Sehun by his hair and pulled him hard. It hurt me so much when I saw Sehun's face scrunched up to endure the pain. Sehun reached the arrow behind his back, and grazed the arrow on Hayoung's body. She yelped and caused Sehun's body to be dropped on the floor.

"You son of !" Hayoung got the sword hang on the wall and shoved the sword towards Sehun.

"Sehun!!" I shouted as tears started to fall from my eyes. My eyes widen in shock as the sword darted away instead of hitting Sehun. I shifted my eyes towards the door and saw Luhan.

"Hurry Mirae!" I heard Suho's voice. Then I caught his glimpse behind Luhan, with full of scars. I nodded and grabbed the Gweniour. I hugged it tight in my embrace and ran towards Hana Without wasting more time, I put it on Hana's capsule.

"No!!" Hayoung screamed out. The Gweniour started to shine. Thousand beams of light came out from Hana's capsule, blinding all of us. Suddenly I felt a grasp on my wrist. I looked up and saw Hayoung's eyes pierced through me. She grabbed me by my neck and lifted me until my feet did not touch the ground. Her grasp around my neck getting stronger that I gasped for air. Outside, I saw all of them tried to get in but failed. Sehun was too weak to even get up on his feet.

"Stop it sister!" I heard a stern voice behind me. Immediately I felt Hayoung's grasp loosened and I was released from her grasp. I felt an arm around my waist, supporting me from falling. I looked up and saw Hana. She pushed me behind her and darted towards Hayoung. Hana placed her hand on Hayoung's head. Hayoung struggled to escape from her sister grasp but I guessed Hana was much stronger. She murmured some chant causing  Hayoung to suddenly kneel down fell on the ground. Her body then turned into crystals and was blown into the Gweniour.

I shortly rushed towards Sehun. A sigh of relief escaped from my mouth when Sehun smiled at me, showing he was fine. He pulled me into his arm and I could not help but burst into tears.  Sehun let me go and wiped my tears.

"Mirae!" Suho, Chen, Kris, Kyungsoo and Luhan barged in as the spell was undone.

"Are you okay Mirae?" Suho asked. Worried look was shown obviously on their faces. I creased a smile and nodded.

"Good job, my children" Hana approached us, looking as beautiful as ever.

"My lady" All of them immediately kneeled down and lowered their head. I did not know what to do so I just followed them.

"It has been a while since I heard that" Hana let out a chuckle. She then walked to me and my hair gently.

"Thank you Han Mirae. You save me. No, you save all of us" she said with mother tone of her.

"It is nothing. I will not be able to do it if it is not for you" I shook my head.

"I just give instructions. You are the one that did it. I'm sorry I have to call you here and give you a lot of pressure" Hana apologized.

"It's fine" I creased a smile. Hana replied my smile and move towards Suho. She placed her hand on his shoulder and left a mark on it. She did the same to Kyungsoo, Chen, Kris, Sehun and Luhan.

"That is a little gift from me to you. The mark indicates your braveness to defeat the darkness" Hana explained.

"But I don't think I deserve the mark my lady. I had devoted myself to Hayoung for years. I helped her" Luhan murmured. Hana flashed a smile and patted him on the shoulder.

"No, you deserve it. I know your situation. I'm sorry about your mom" Hana said.

"Mirae!" I swirled my head to the door and saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Their jaws dropped when they saw Hana, standing in front of them. They immediately lowered their head. Hana walked to them and did the same thing on their shoulder.

"The brave mark" they  muttered simultaneously. Hana nodded and gave them her smile. I walked to Baekhyun and Chanyeol and hugged them.

"Are you going back now?" I heard Baekhyun murmured. I almost forgot about that. I let them go and turned my head to Hana. I shifted my gaze towards the others who were also waiting for the answer.

"I want to go back but there are some unsolved questions in my mind" I looked at Hana in her eyes. Hana nodded as if she knew what was lingering in my mind. She reached for her Gweniour and an image formed on it. My eyes widened as I saw myself on it. I guessed it was me from this dimension.

"This is Mirae. She does not have parents. They die when she is little. She doesn't have siblings either. She sells vegetable in the town every day to support herself. She lives far away from the town but she does not mind to go back and forth" Hana's explanation made my jaw dropped.

"What a tough girl" Chanyeol murmured and I could not agree no more.

"Mirae from this dimension is aware about this incident but she takes it as a dream. A long dream. For her, she just falls asleep and having a mere dream. So I guess she will be a little shock if she sees you guys after this" Hana continued her explanation.

"Can we just tell her it is real?" Baekhyun asked.

"Up to you and it is up to Mirae to believe it or not" Hana answered simply.

"I think we have to go now. Let's go" Hana smiled at me. It was time to say goodbye. Baekhyun touched my shoulder and smiled weakly at me. I could not hold my tears anymore when I saw Baekhyun's solemn face. I did not dare to watch my best friend sad! I bumped my face into his chest and started sobbing.

"Hey princess don't cry. It is not like you will not see me anymore" Baekhyun said softly when I pulled away from him. He wiped my tears and kept the fake smile on his face. I moved to Chanyeol, Suho, Kris, Chen and Kyungsoo and gave each of them a farewell hug. I stopped for a while at Luhan.

"Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be your friend Mirae" Luhan paused and took out something from his back pocket. My eyes widened in shock as I saw the pearl necklace I had lost. Luhan helped me wore the necklace around my neck.

"A little gift from your new friend" a smile flashed on his face.

"Thanks Luhan" I said as I placed my arm around his neck. Luhan nodded as I let him go. I took a deep breath before moving to Sehun. He was the hardest one. Sehun clutched my hand in his and squeezed it tightly. I stared deep into his eyes and found nothing but sadness. Tears started to swell in my eyes as Sehun cupped my cheek. He planted a kiss on my forehead, causing the tears to run down my cheek. I placed my arm around his waist and hugged him. My sob got louder as Sehun pulled me closer to him. I hate farewell so much.

"Don't cry because it hurts me" Sehun muttered softly, just loud enough for me to hear. I pulled away from him and wiped the tears off my face. I forced a smile and mouthed 'I love you' to him before turning to Hana who patiently waited for me.

"Ready?" She asked. I nodded and paced towards her.

"Before that, do you have a pen and a paper?"

 

 

Mirae is finally going back =)