chapter 12

Snow White

Sehun was getting better and better. He healed faster than Suho had expected. I couldn't bring myself to say my 'thank you' yet. I knew it was easy. Thank you. Not even a minute to say. But, my pounding heart made it hard for me. Whenever our eyes met, my mouth automatically locked and my heart would beat like crazy. So how could you expect me to say thank you calmly without stuttering?!

Mirae...who do you love actually?

Kai?

Or... Sehun?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Perfect!" Chen clapped his hand. I smiled to the ears when Chen praised me. Chen was teaching me how to make a steak. I looked at my masterpiece proudly.

"Thanks!" I replied with a smile creasing on my face.

"Woah! Our Mirae made us steak tonight!" Baekhyun pranced to the kitchen along with Chanyeol. Even though they always bickered but they were attached to each other. Chanyeol always followed Baekhyun and Baekhyun always followed Chanyeol. I found it so adorable!

"Full marks for the decoration but I wonder about the taste" Chanyeol narrowed his eyes to me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and punched his arm.

 "Mirae! It's hurt!" He growled in pain.

"I'm joking okay! I know our Mirae is a five star chef" Chanyeol exaggerated.

"Stop your lame joke dude" Baekhyun took his turn to punch him.

"Stop it Baekhyun! Argh! So now you two have team up to pick on me?" Chanyeol glared at us. We burst into laughter as Chanyeol pouted and crossed his arms. He was so cute when he did that! He looked like a five years old boy, sulking with his mom.

"That's enough guys. Now, bring all these steaks to the front" Chen stopped us.

"Yes chef!" We said simultaneously and gave our salute.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Mirae. Take this to Sehun" Suho instructed. What?! Did I hear it wrong? Suho asked me, Han Mirae to bring Oh Sehun dinner? He got to be kidding me! It was not like he did not know we barely spoke to each other since Sehun regained consciousness!

"What?" I looked at him in case he was joking but his face was damn serious.

"Take this to Sehun and make sure he finishes all this before you go out!" Suho replied.

"Quick! He's hungry!" Baekhyun shoved me away and then winked at me. I glanced to Chanyeol for SOS but he also was in Suho’s side, making a fighting sign. What the hell were they trying to do actually? Reconcilement between Sehun and I? They must be joking! But looking at their serious face, maybe they were not. I took a deep breath before I headed to Sehun's room.

Heart, please stay strong.

You better listen to me!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I lost control of my own heart. It was beating like crazy again. I was not even in his room! I was only in front of his door! I swore I wanted to kill them for making me do this! Arghhh! Okay Han Mirae! Relax and gather your mind. Take the bright side. Maybe it is the right time to say thank you too. They just don't want both of you to behave like strangers. Yes. Yes. I can do this! I took a deep breath and knocked his door.

"Sehun! I bring your dinner" I waited for him to respond.

"I'm coming in" I opened the door as he did not give any respond. I found Sehun was leaning against the window, looking at the full moon that was shining brightly in the sky, beaming its light to the earth.

"I bring your food" I said again in case he did not hear me earlier. I put the tray on a small table in front of his bed and stood there awkwardly.

"You're not leaving?" suddenly Sehun spoke up breaking the awkward silence.

"Oh..umm...Suho asked me to make sure you finish your food before I go out" I explained before he misunderstood. "But if you want me to leave, I will leave. I will tell Suho. Don't worry about it" I hurriedly made my way out. It was good he did not want me here! It was not like I was desperate to be here anyway. Before I turned the knob, I felt Sehun's hand grabbed my wrist. A jolt of electricity struck my vein and caused me to hold my breath.

"Stay" Sehun said firmly. "Suho will not leave me alone tonight if I shoved you away" Sehun continued. He let me go and walked to the small table where I put his food. He sat down and started to digging in his food.

"Are you going to stand there until I finish my meal?" Sehun looked up at me and quirked his eyebrows. I huffed and unwillingly dragged myself to his bed. Waiting for Sehun made my eyelids became heavier and heavier. The cool breeze and the silence did not help me at all. I tried my best to keep my eyes wide open.

But to no avail…

I completely dozed off into my dream land….

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

My eyes fluttered open to see a different surrounding. This is not my room. I turned my head and saw a guy was lying on his side facing me. Sehun? What???!!! I sleep with him?! I impulsively shot up and looked under the blanket. A sigh of relieve came out from my mouth. I still had my clothes on. I have to get out from here!

Before I managed to remove the blanket, a voice croaked out "I didn't do anything". I shifted my eyes to Sehun. He sat up and turned his body to me.

"I tried to wake you up but you didn't even budge. I thought I could carry you to your room but.." Sehun stopped and pointed to his wound. "This.."

I became speechless. His ability was bounded by his injury. It was obviously because of me and I still did not thank him. Such a terrible person I am. "I wanted to ask them but they were all already asleep. I don't know where Suho sleep. Maybe with Kris" Sehun continued. I looked into his eyes.

"What? You don’t believe me?" Sehun snapped when he caught me staring at him.

“Ummm Sehun" I played with my fingers as I was trying to search for a good sentence to say my gratitude. I had to say it now or never!

"What??!" Sehun had lost his patience.

"Thank you" I murmured.

"What? I can't hear you" Sehun leaned closer to hear me clearly.

"I said…thank you. You save me. I maybe have become a dead person if not because of you" I said a little louder.

I lifted my head and realized that Sehun was staring at me. Blood started to rush to my cheek and my heart pounded so fast that I was having trouble breathing but it didn't stop me from staring back at him. We stayed at the same state for a moment when suddenly Sehun leaned closer and tilted his head until our lips were almost touched. I did not know what was controlling me but I tend to close my eyes and let him kiss me. Before our lips met, Sehun suddenly pulled away.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't do that" he looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. I saw him blush again.

"You should go before they wake up" Sehun said without looking at me.

Without answering him, I quickly stepped out. I had a last glance to Sehun's room before I went into my room. My heart was still hammering against my chest. I knew I shouldn't feel like this but deep in my heart, I felt kind of……..disappointed?

For what? Because of myself who almost betray Kai?

 Or because….Sehun do not kiss me?

I let out a sigh and let the thoughts took over my mind.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"It's missing!!!" I screeched as my eyes wandered around the river. Today I went to the river to wash some clothes and took the chance to enjoy myself swimming in the river. But, when I got out, the necklace that Suho gave me was missing!

"Are you sure you bring it here?" Chanyeol asked. I went with Chanyeol. After the incidents, The Seven never allowed me to go anywhere alone. Even in their yard, I had to keep myself accompany. They were totally over-protecting me but I knew it was for my own safety too.

"I'm sure! I never took it off" I murmured, feeling upset as I could not find it. That necklace was so precious to me! I felt like I had dismayed Suho.

"It's okay. Suho will understand" Chanyeol patted my back. Tears started to swell in my eyes.

"Don't cry. We will look for it again next time. Now let's go. It's getting hot" Chanyeol placed his arm around my shoulder and took me away.

As we walked back home, I tried to rewind all the things I had done before I jumped into the river. I washed some clothes, I played with Leya and Yeongie, I fed them and then I played in the river. I was really sure I did not take it off! Or maybe it had sunk into the river bed?! Oh no, it was no good at all.

"Hey Mirae. Are you sure nothing happened last night?" Chanyeol's question brought me out from my thought. I looked up and stared at him questioningly.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrows with a smirk on his face. I tried to figure out what was he trying to say when suddenly something struck my mind. Sehun and I. Sleep on the same bed. The kiss. I looked away and I felt my cheek burning.

"Oho! You are blushing! Something did happen last night! It's okay. I can keep it secret" Chanyeol laughed hysterically.

"Nothing happened!" I hit his arm but Chanyeol still laughing like a mad person.

"Both of you in the same room last night and you said nothing happened? You must be joking!" Chanyeol said in his laugh. He laughed so hard I could see tears in his eyes.

"I'm not joking. We did not do anything!" I glared at him.

"Okay..okay..whatever you want to say" Chanyeol raised both of his hand and walked pass me. When he was two steps ahead me, he turned his head and smirked "But if you and Sehun are really in a relationship, I will cheer for you!" My eyes widen. What the hell was he trying to say?! I trotted to him and jumped on his back.

"Ahh ahh it's hurt! Stop!" Chanyeol shouted as I hit his head over and over again.

"Okay okay I get it! I get it! Please! Just stop!" Chanyeol pleaded. I let out an evil laugh.

"Give me a piggy-back ride home! Then I will stop" I placed my arms around his neck and adjusted my position on his back.

"Okay okay. You're such a kid!" Chanyeol muttered and carried me behind his back.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"I'll look at this side and you, that side" I instructed. Baekhyun nodded. I came again the next day. Suho said it was fine but I still wanted to find it! It was so precious. That pearl necklace was made from rare pearls and I had lost it! So I asked Baekhyun to accompany me. Luckily he did not mind.

"Thanks Baekhyun. Sorry I drag you to my problem" I flashed a smile at him.

"No biggie. Anything for my princess" Baekhyun winked at me and ruffled my hair.

"Awww my hair!" I chuckled.

"You're still cute. Don't worry. So, we will meet here again, okay?" Baekhyun pinched my nose lightly before he went to the opposite side.

"Aishhh" I groaned as I rubbed my nose. I spun around and started my search.

"Damn! Where on earth is that thing?" I scoffed as my eyes roamed around looking for shiny thing in case it got caught at any branches but there was nothing.

I walked and walked until my legs had lost their strength. This river was damn long! I let out a disappoint sigh and started to walk back to the starting point. I didn't have much energy left as I skipped breakfast earlier. Serve me right! I should listen to Chen. He nagged me to have breakfast but I resisted because I was overwhelmed by my spirit to find the necklace. Now my stomach was growling like crazy. I sat down for a while to take some rest and recharged myself. The air here was so nice and refreshing. So different from Seoul but I still missed the hectic Seoul. When can I go back?

"Hey little cutie come here" I heard a voice chuckled. Who's that? I don't see anyone when I pass here.

 I stood up and looked around. My eyes stopped at a figure, crouching down, playing with rabbits. He was wearing a cloak so I couldn't see him clearly. He looked like a kind person so I paced slowly to him and crouched next to him. He was so into the rabbits that he did not even realize I was there.

"Cute isn't it? Its name is Leya" I muttered. He was so surprised that he fell on his .

"Hey are you okay? Sorry I startle you" I extended my hand to help him. He swept away his bangs that covered his eyes and lift his head up, showing his face. My eyes widen in shock.

"Hey! I know you! We met here, remember? You also came to the bakery, right?" I shrieked in amazement. What a small world!

"Let me help you" a smile creased on my face and he hesitantly took my hand. When his hand was placed on mine, I pulled him up so that he could get onto his feet. As he brushed away all the dust on his cloak, I snugged Leya into my arms and gave it to him.

"Here. Hold her. She likes it when someone her. She will like you" I beamed at him. He looked shy so I put Leya in his arm. He looked at me with a confusion look on his face before he shifted his eyes to Leya and her gently.

"Wow. Her fur is so soft" he finally spoke up. I grinned as I could hear his voice. His voice was so sweet.

"Yeah. I know" I replied as I also looked at Leya. My eyes then shifted to his face. I couldn’t suppress the urge to stare at him. He was so....beautiful? No seriously. He was beautiful. He suddenly looked up and I was caught staring at him. I immediately looked away and cleared my throat.

"By the way, my name is Mirae. You?" I asked him to lower down the awkwardness which was gradually building between us. He put Leya down and looked at me into my eyes before mentioning his name.

"Luhan. My name is Luhan"

 

 

 

Thanks for reading! I see new subscribers. Thank you! =)