chapter 10

Snow White

"Baekhyun-ah!! Watch out!!" Kyungsoo shouted. Too late. The dragon dashed towards Baekhyun and crashed into Baekhyun, causing him to be thrown a few metres away.

"Baekhyun!!!!!!!!!" I called out for him but Baekhyun was not giving any respond too. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

 What is happening?

Why does this creature attack us?

Now I was standing alone. The dragon derived its attention to me. But before it managed to get me, Sehun's arrows hit its face. It growled in pain. But, Sehun's attack did not stop it. It became angrier instead. It changed its direction to Sehun. It darted towards Sehun and banged him with its long tail. Sehun was thrown and fell right beside me. 

"Sehun! No!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My cheeks was wet from my tears as I heard Sehun cringed in pain. Suho, Kris, Chen and Kyungsoo ran towards us but immediately blocked by the furious dragon. Then, the dragon darted his eyes towards me. Spikes suddenly emerged from its tail and swung it to me. I was too shocked to budge even for a step! I ended up standing like a fool, waiting to be slashed by its spiky tail. Before it hit me, I felt someone pushed me hard until I fell to the ground, and took the pain instead of me. I turned my head to see Sehun was bleeding so much on his right side abdomen.

"Sehun!" My heart felt like it was stabbed by a thousand swords. It hurt so much that I couldn't breathe. I couldn't take it anymore! I had to save Sehun! I stood up on my feet, wobbling and trudged to Sehun.

"Mirae let's go!" Suddenly Kyungsoo appeared beside me and grabbed me by my wrist. Kris already carried Chanyeol on his back while Suho was running towards Baekhyun.

"But Sehun..." my eyes were still on Sehun. He was having a hard time to stand up by himself, but still trying to fight. Stubborn Sehun. Stop it. You will hurt yourself! Tears were running down my cheeks. He was hurt because of me.

"Sehun knows what he's doing. So let's go Mirae!" Kyungsoo shouted. He pulled me hard but my feet were glued to the ground, not willing to move. I didn't want to leave! Not before I save Sehun!

"Mirae please. That monster wants to kill us! You'll make it harder for Sehun! If you want to help him, run Mirae! Run!" Kyungsoo pulled me harder and his grip on my wrist became tighter. I didn't have any choice. I followed Kyungsoo and we sped off away from the scene. Suho with Baekhyun on his back while Kris with Chanyeol on his, followed us behind, leaving Sehun and Chen.

Before we left, I turned my head for the last time. From far, I saw Chen took out his sword that he always brought wherever he was and started to attack the vicious dragon. Sehun also had stood firmly on his feet ready to aim the weak point of the dragon. I looked in front, letting my tears blurred my vision.

Please..be save..

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................

We arrived at the cottage, safe and sound. Not long after that, Chen and Sehun made it alive. Chen had stabbed the dragon right on its chest. That did not kill it but enough to make it disappear. Sehun's right abdomen was bleeding badly due to the dragon's spiky tail. Suho said Sehun was lucky because the spike did not reach his heart or any organ. But I still felt bad. It was me that supposed to be hit, not Sehun. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were fine. They just got some bruises on their elbows and knees. I cried so much by the time they woke up. How could they smile to me like nothing happened?! They were hurt because of me!

"Don't cry. I'm fine. See? I still can talk to you" Baekhyun wiped my tears.

"Mirae-ya! You're being a drama queen. We're just fine! Bruises are not a big deal! We're men! We're strong!" Chanyeol tried to crack a joke but I still sobbing.

"Aigooo, poor Mirae. Come here" Baekhyun pulled me into his arms and my hair gently while Chanyeol patted my back, comforting me with their warmth.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Can you please sit down?! My head is spinning already!" Kris instructed to Suho who was pacing back and forth.

"I just can't understand why did that creature attack us! It has been a long time since the last dragon attack. It's like .…many years ago" Suho's eyebrows furrowed. Kris massaged his temple. Kyungsoo scratched his hair in despair. Baekhyun and Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh. Our minds went blanked since we got back. We could not rack our brain on what was going on actually. Chen was already asleep after dinner because he was tired from all the fight. Sehun was staying in his room. Oh yes Sehun…

"How's Sehun?" I asked Suho as Suho was his roommate.

"Better" Suho paused to read my expression.

"You want to see him?" He continued. I nodded slowly.

"Go. He's not asleep" Suho flashed a smile.

"Thank you" I muttered before I made my way to his room.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Sehun?" I knocked the door.

"Can I-" before I finished my sentences, the door cracked open. My heart beat against my chest the moment I saw him standing behind the door, half-, brushing through his hair by his fingers. I held my breath and tried to calm my heart.

I just want to make sure he's okay! Why do I have to feel this nervous?!

Sehun walked to his bed without any question. I took a deep breath despite my thumping heart and stepped inside. Little heart, please stop pounding so hard! I sat beside him who was about to change his bandage.

"Let me help you" I stopped him and turned my body so I could face him. 

"I can do-" I pressed his lips by my finger, so that he wouldn't say anything. That really worked to shut his mouth. I took off the old one gently so that I won't hurt him. Sehun just remained silent and let me help him. His injured spot was shown and I could see a long scar on it. I stared at it with sad looking eyes.

"Thank you for saving me" I whispered as I covered the scar with a new bandage carefully.

"And.. I'm sorry" I ended my sentences. I lowered my head as I didn't have any courage to look into Sehun's eyes anymore. My vision started to be blurred by my own tears and soon I was crying again. Why are you so weak Han Mirae?

 Sehun lifted my head up so that he could see my face. Beyond expectation, he suddenly traced my cheek gently. The moment he wiped my tears, I could feel my heart was thumping so hard against my chest that I thought it would explode anytime! I mustered my courage and looked into his eyes.

There is no angriness in his eyes, no annoyed-looking eyes, just…..I don't know.

We gazed into each other eyes but it did not last long as Suho suddenly barged into the room, bringing us back to reality. Sehun immediately pulled away and so did I. I felt my cheeks was burning. I glanced at Sehun and he was..blushing? He had a very fair complexion so it was obvious when he was blushing.

"Err, s-sorry, did I interrupt you two? I'll get out if-"

"No you didn't. I'm about to go out anyway" I quickly made my way outside of the room and ran to my room. I shut the door and slid against it. I brought my hand to my chest, feeling the pounding heart inside.

"What's wrong with me?" 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................................

I couldn't focus at all today. My mind was thinking about Sehun. The feeling I had last night was lingering in my head! I glanced at Sehun who was taking orders from the customers. Despite yesterday incident, The Seven's bakery was still opened as usual. The orders from customers were too much to be abandoned. Suho asked Sehun to stay at home and I really wished he would but he was being adamant, saying he was all fine bla bla bla.

So here I was, thinking of him all day because he was here, reminding me of last night's incident! No matter how hard I tried to ditch him out of my mind, I still couldn't! How did you expect me to forget him when he was around you all day? I was drowning in my own thought that I did not realize Baekhyun's hand was waving in front of me.

"Mirae-ya, are you okay?" Baekhyun nudged me to draw my attention.

"Your face looks pale. Is there anything wrong?" Baekhyun touched my forehead to check my body temperature.

"I'm okay" I pushed his hand away and creased a smile.

"Okay then. But if you have a problem, just tell me. I'll keep it a secret" Baekhyun uttered.

"Thanks Baekhyun" I replied and we continued with our work.

"Emmm..Baekhyun" I called.

"Yes?"

"Did Suho tell you anything?" I asked curiously.

"About what?" Baekhyun stared at me blankly. Judging from Baekhyun's expressionless face, I guessed Suho did not tell anyone about last night incident.

"Nothing" I said. Baekhyun shrugged and continued working. A sigh of relieve came out. I was extremely worried Suho would tell everyone about last night. I just worried over nothing.

"Mirae!" Kris shouted from the entrance and pointed to a guy wearing a plate armor. Royal guard. I smiled unknowingly. When Kai wanted to see me, he would send one of his guards to accompany me to his castle. I took off my apron and walked to the front.

"Bye Mirae! See you at home" Baekhyun waved at me giddily.

"Bye" I replied .

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"So... the weather is nice huh?" I tried to start a conversation but the guard ignored my question. The atmosphere had been very awkward since we left. It was weird because Kai's guards normally were very talkative. There always something to be talked about. However today was different, this guard did not talk at all. Maybe he is a new guard. So I just remained silent hoping we would arrive quickly because the silent was killing me! We were already half way to the castle when suddenly the guard stopped walking.

 "What's wrong?" I asked. He suddenly spun around and ed his sword to me! What the hell is going on here?! I stepped backward.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted at him. My eyes roamed around the place, searching for help. But, did you expect to see someone in the middle of the woods? I guessed not. The guard walked closer to me. I tried to escape but unfortunately, I tripped on a stone and fell on the ground. Damn stone! The guard swung his sword high and ready to slash me dead. I closed my eyes, ready to face my death.

 "Mirae-ya!!!!" suddenly someone pulled me into his arm and took me away before the sword touch my skin. I looked up. Sehun. His arm was around my waist and his back was facing the guard, blocking my vision. He was sweating and I felt the strength on his arm suddenly weaken.

What's wrong? Don't said... Sehun fell on me.

"Sehun! Wake up! Ya!! It's not funny!! Sehun!!" I looked at my hand. Blood. I saw Sehun's cloth was tore. Even though we managed to dodge the attack but his injured spot was grazed and the wound was opened, causing blood to spurt out like water. I looked around, but the guard was already nowhere to be seen.

 "Sehun!! Wake up!" I shook him. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Don't die Oh Sehun. I shook him harder but Sehun did not respond. I tried to cover the cut to stop the bleeding but the blood kept going out. My heart was aching too much right now. I tried to lift him but he was too heavy for me.  I cried even harder thinking how useless I was right now.

You cannot just die here! No!!!

"Mirae-ya!" Suddenly someone called out my name. Kai.  

 

 

 

Sorry I cannot describe the action part well tsk tsk. Thanks for reading anyway =)