chapter 2

Snow White

I can feel him staring at me. Can he just stop because I think he can make a hole in me!

“Sehun. Stop staring! You’re making her uncomfortable” I could hear Chanyeol said. I was glad Chanyeol was here. Chanyeol was also the brightest person among The Seven. He and Baekhyun made a perfect match. Whenever they were around, they always made me laugh. Even when they were bickering I found them very cute.

                I heard Sehun snorted and walked pass me. Did he have to behave that way? It was not like I didn’t apologize. I did and I was very sure that he was not deaf yet.

“We’re sorry Mirae. Can you please forgive him? You know how sehun is, right?” Kyungsoo tried to comfort me. Yes, I knew him very well even it had not been a year since we first met. Living with him under one roof more or less made me understand him. Sehun was picky! Idiot! Grumpy! He always made me feel guiltier than I should. Whenever I made a mistake, he took it serious like I had killed a human-being.

“Yeah, Kyungsoo’s right. Just forget everything and focus on making more memorable memories with us today. I’m sure Sehun was planning something like helping you with sweeping or packing the breads because he seems to be very excited to be in the bakery in time which he never did before” Baekhyun said, loud enough to reach Sehun’s ear. Baekhyun put his arm around me and we walked side by side to the bakery.

                The Seven had their own bakery located in the middle of the town. It was very famous as the quality served was undoubtedly first class. Actually I must say it half bakery and half café as they also served beverages to the customers. But judging to the customers who mostly are females, I jumped to a conclusion that they didn’t just come to buy bread or beverages, they just wanted to see The Seven. They were good-looking, so? Sometimes I felt lucky because I received their care and love!

“Can you guys walk faster? We’re late and just for your information Mr. Byun Baekhyun, I don’t have any intention to help anyone today. I’ve my own work!” Sehun spun around and gave us his annoyed look. Chen , Kris and Suho just shrugged and tried to keep up with Sehun’s pace. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and I exchanged smile as we tried to hold our laugh which may burst any moment.

You know..

Sometimes, Sehun knew how to be cute.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“One coffee !” Sehun shouted as he took order from the customer.

“Madam, I would like to suggest this croissant. The taste is guaranteed!  “ Suho was promoting the new recipe that Chen had put effort into.

“Chanyeol!!! That’s not it! You’ve put too much water in it! Kyungsoo! Check the muffin back there” Chen’s voice was filling the kitchen.

“Argh! How many more that I have to deliver? Is this person a monster? He is ordering too much!” Kris groaned while placing all the orders from the customers into a large basket to be delivered to the customers' house.

 “Yaa Han Mirae! What are you doing? Stop staring at Kris or I will get jealous!” Baekhyun nudged me. He was helping me packing the wheat breads summoned by the royal family. The Seven’s Bakery was a supplier for them. Yesterday, the Majesty had summoned us to pack 100 wheat breads to be distributed among the villagers. His Majesty was so kind! I hoped I could meet him and I was sure today was the day!

“Aigoo. Our Baekhyun is so sensitive” I pinched his cheek lightly. He burst into laughter.

“When will the king arrive?  I can’t wait to see the generous person who wants to give all these to the villagers!” I asked Baekhyun who was busy packing the breads. Wow, he was fast! If I did this all alone, I was very sure that I wouldn’t be able to finish today.

“You’re hoping too much my princess. The king rarely comes. He has his servants to do all this for him though. But who knows. Maybe he will come today? He need to distribute all these anyway” Baekhyun answered without looking at my face. Instead he threw his gaze at my hands which were struggling to pack.

“Let me help you” he chuckled giddily as he helped me tying the ribbon neatly. I felt a little bit embarrassed as he tied it better than I was. He was a guy!

“Done!”

“Thanks Baekhyun”

“The King is here!” 

Baekhyun and I turned our head towards the entrance. The king was accompanied by his guards. The king looked so charismatic and the scent of a leader could be felt from him. Everyone in the bakery immediately stood up and lowered their heads. Even Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Chen who were busy working in the kitchen came out to greet the king. I glanced at Baekhyun who was already standing beside me and quickly followed his action. I stood up and lowered my head.

“Lift your head my subjects! It is an honor for me to be able to come here today to greet you” The king’s voice was so deep I barely heard his voice! He looked at Suho and flashed a smile. Wow. The king was handsome with the smile on his face! As if Suho could read the king’s mind, he nodded and signaled us to bring all the breads to the king.

“Bring it to the front” ordered the king as he turned around and walked out. Without being asked, the guards followed behind. Baekhyun put the last bread in a wooden basket that was already full and lifted it. He looked like he was struggling because he couldn’t see the front.

“Let me help-“ I was trying to help when suddenly someone pushed me.

“No, I’ll do it” Sehun took one handle and the other one in Baekhyun’s hand. Baekhyun just raised his shoulder and they carried the heavy basket together.

“What the hell is wrong with that brat?! Can he be more gentle?” I rubbed my arm that was a little bit hurt when Sehun shoved me. His shoulder was as hard as a rock! Okay maybe I was exaggerating. But still it was hurt!

                 After settling with my arm, I made my way to Suho and stood beside him to get a better view outside. My eyes was roaming around until they stopped at a figure. A guy.  A handsome guy with a y bronze skin. He was helping the king. From the attire he was wearing, I knew he was not a guard. He looked familiar and somehow I felt something weird deep in my heart. The feeling was hurting me from inside.

“He is the king’s son. Prince Kim Jongin” I heard Suho said. Maybe I was staring at the prince too long that Suho thought I was interested. Did I?

                I nodded subtly before I felt throbbing sensation in my head. It was so painful I could barely stand. Before I fell, I felt Suho’s arm around my waist, trying to keep me from falling.

“Mirae! Are you okay? Mirae! Can you hear me? Mirae! Open your eyes!” I saw Suho’s figure became blurred and then I was knocked out.