chapter 19

Snow White

"I'm sorry Mirae" Chen lowered his head. A sigh escaped from my mouth. I had deal this with Chanyeol before and I did not expect to deal with the same thing with Chen. Why did they think it was their fault? I did not even feel angry at them. I just thought it was my fault because I let my guard down. Having someone protecting me making me less aware of my surrounding.

"Chen, please stop saying 'sorry'. It's not your fault" I patted him on the shoulder.

"Mirae, you can yell at me if you want. Or if you want to hit me, just do it" Chen suddenly kneeled down.

"Chen, what are you doing? Get up now!" I pulled him up but Chen still had his head lowered.

"Chen, listen up. I come here not to hear your apologize nor yell at you. Don't mention hitting you. It never crosses my mind. I just want to know what happened after I...umm..well..die?" It still awkward for me to say that I was already dead last night. After I woke up from my death, Suho asked me to take a rest. I was curious about what happened but he did not allow any of them to disturb me. So here I was the next morning in Chen's room.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked again. Chen raised his head, looking at me in the eyes.

"Answer me first, do you forgive me?" Chen murmured. I felt like face palming my own face. How many times I needed to explain that this was not his fault?! Arghh nevermind. I nodded.

"Really?" Chen cracked a smile.

"Yes I forgive you! Now, can you tell me what happened?" I lost my patient. Chen chuckled before walking towards his bed. He patted the space beside him, gesturing me to sit beside him. I followed as instructed and paid my full attention. Chen took a lungful of air before he started his story.

"After you died..."

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................

"Mirae! Wake up! You can't die!" Kai's tears started to fall. Chen clenched his fist and punched the table in rage.

"Chen, her pulse..is gone" Kai murmured. Chen lost his temper and immediately grabbed Kai's collar. Chen threw him on the floor.

"Who are you?!" He ed his sword at Kai.

"I'm your prince! I’m your friend! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kai shouted. He tried to escape but Chen ed his sword closer to his throat.

"How can I believe you?" Chen growled. His eyes pierced through Kai.

"Can you please stop all these nonsense and try to figure out how to save Mirae?! Are you ing mad?!" Kai fumed. Chen's sword was still a few inches from Kai's throat, ready to slash Kai to death.

"You don't believe in me? You think I want to kill Mirae? Is there a killer who wants to save his victim? I should be running away earlier if I really killed her, Chen." Kai's voice softened. Chen tried to process the truth behind Kai's words for a second before he brought his sword away from Kai. He helped Kai got back on his feet and apologized.

"It's okay" Kai patted Chen's shoulder and trudged towards Mirae. Chen followed behind him.

"We should bring her to Suho. Maybe he can help" Chen suggested. Kai nodded weakly and brought Mirae to his arm.

"Hang on Mirae"

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................

"Sehun! Stop!" Kris tried to pull Sehun away from Kai. Sehun was holding Kai on his throat.

"Oh Sehun! Stop! Do you want to be a murderer?!" Suho yelled. Sehun let Kai go and punched his fist on the wall, releasing his anger. Kai fell on his knees and tried to catch his breath. Baekhyun and Chanyeol helped him and brought him away from Sehun. Sehun gaze followed Kai. If stare really could kill, Kai might die from Sehun's stare.

Suho let out a sigh and crouched down beside Mirae who was lying on the couch. She looked like she was only asleep. Her face was so calm as if she was dreaming something blissful. Suho reached for Mirae's wrist, trying to find her pulse but to no avail. Chen was right. She was dead. Again. There was a necklace he could pull off before but now there was nothing.

"What happened, Chen?" Suho asked without leaving his eyes from Mirae. Chen took a lungful of air before explaining the whole scene.

"Is there anything you can do, Suho?" Kai implored.

"Stop showing that you care about her! If you don't ask her for a dinner tonight, she must be alive right now! You yourself know that the Gwen wants to kill her but despite that you-" 

"Oh Sehun!" Kyungsoo interjected. Sehun scoffed and crossed his arms. A sigh escaped from Kai's mouth.

"It's okay. Sehun is right. I'm selfish. I should not bring her out tonight" Guilty could be found in Kai's tone.

"Glad you are aware of that" Sehun smirked.

"Oh Sehun! Stop it!" Suho exploded.

"Your highness. It's not your fault. Please! It is not the right time to argue. Especially when someone is dead" Suho's voice lowered.

"You can't do anything?" Chanyeol crocked out. His eyes were already swollen from all the cries. Suho shook his head weakly.

"We have to bury her body" Suho murmured as his tears ran down his cheeks. Kyungsoo tried to comfort Chanyeol who burst into tears again. Sehun felt his legs had lost their strength. He could not support his body anymore that he almost fell. Kris who was standing beside him immediately grabbed him from falling. Baekhyun just stood still, without uttering a word. He felt his world had turned dark. Chen covered his face with his palm, guilt spread all over him. Kai crouched down beside Suho and fixed his gaze towards Mirae. Tears fell from his eyes. He brought her hand to him and kissed it lightly.

"I'm sorry Mirae" Kai murmured. Suho patted Kai on the shoulder, comforting him.

"I think there is something we can do" Baekhyun who remained silent suddenly spoke up. All eyes were on him.

"Remember the story Mirae told us before?" Baekhyun drew their attention.

"The story is almost similar. Poison apple. The next plot will be..." Suho eyes widen. Everyone's face started to brighten up except Sehun. Colours started to drain out from his face. He hated to admit but that was the only way they could try. Kai had to kiss Mirae.

"What?" Kai asked when Suho stared at his eyes with full of hope.

"Kiss her your highness" Suho demanded. Kai gaped.

"Now?" Suho nodded.

"Then she will come back?" Suho nodded again. Kai looked at each of their faces before his eyes shifted back to Mirae. He took a deep breath before leaning closer to Mirae. Sehun turned his back. He could feel his heart was scratched into thousand pieces. Kai leaned closer to Mirae until their lips touched. He pulled back when there was no respond.

"It's not working" Kai's voice lowered in disappointment.

"No. There is another way" Baekhyun said confidently. He shifted his eyes to Sehun.

"Sehun. You try" Baekhyun instructed. All eyes were on Sehun including Kai.

"I'm not a prince" Sehun refused.

"It's not about prince. It's about true love" Baekhyun said.

"But-"

"Just do it" Kai stood up and gave some space for Sehun despite his rebelling heart but Kai knew better that he could not be selfish. Sehun took a deep breath before pacing towards Mirae. He crouched down to match her level. Sehun tucked a strand of hair out from her face.

"Please wake up" Sehun muttered before placing his lips against hers gently. Sehun pulled away waiting for a respond.

One second..

two second..

three seconds..

"No, I don't-"

Suddenly the silent was broken by Mirae's cough. Like a miracle, Mirae's eyes fluttered open. Her heart started to beat again.

"It works" Suho gasped. Sehun brought Mirae into his arm. Tears of happiness ran down his cheek unknowingly.

"Mirae!!" Everyone swarmed towards Mirae and did a group hug. There was only one person who stood straight, speechless.

Kai.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................................

My mouth formed an 'O' when Chen finished the whole story without leaving a tiny piece of detail. His story really explained all the curiousity in me. The crestfallen expression on Kai's face last night when he left, the surprise look on all of them and the tension between Sehun and Kai. It was hard to believe that this dimension really matched with Snow White and I was the Snow White which made it more ridiculous.

"Thanks Chen" a smile creased on my face as I thanked Chen.

"Your welcome!" Chen beamed at me.

A knock came from the door before Kyungsoo's face popped out. I asked him for some privacy with Chen earlier so he decided to help Chanyeol with breakfast. I guessed he had done.

"Breakfast is done. Come out when you both have done talking" Kyungsoo reminded.

"We've done already. Chen, let's go" Chen nodded and we followed Kyungsoo to the dining table. Chanyeol waved at me when he saw me.

"I made a special mushroom soup for you! Extra mushroom!" Chanyeol's eyes sparkle in excitement. I chuckled and took a seat beside him. Baekhyun hurriedly sat on the other side.

"How's your condition today my princess? Do you feel dizzy? Do you hurt anywhere? Do you want me to feed you?" Baekhyun bombarded me with his questions. I let out a chuckle before answering.

"I'm fine Baekhyun. I'm fresh as new!"

"What so noisy this early morning?" Kris whined and took a seat in front of me.

"Nothing. Just Baekhyun and his drama king reaction" Chen said as he passed him a bowl of mushroom soup. Kris furrowed as if he was missing something.

"Don't make that face. I don't forget your salad" Chanyeol laughed. He went back to the kitchen and got Kris' salad. Kris said vegetable was important especially for his skin. He had to have vegetable in each meal! No wonder his skin was flawless.

"Let's eat!" Chanyeol said after he got the salad. They all looked so hungry that they almost dipped their nose in the soup! I wanted to take a sip when suddenly I realized there were two empty seats. Suho and Sehun.

"Where is-" I just about to ask when suddenly Suho came out from his room with a basin of water. Without sparing a look at us, he went to the sink and replaced the water.

"Suho? What happened?" I asked him.

"Sehun has a fever" Kyungsoo answered instead of Suho. Sehun is sick? But he looked fine last night.

"Breakfast?" Chanyeol asked Suho who was wetting a towel.

"I'll eat later" Suho shook his head. My gaze followed him as he went back to his room.

"Don't worry. He'll be fine" I heard Baekhyun whispered as if he could read what was lingering in my mind.

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked when I suddenly got up from my seat. Everyone looked up at me and stopped eating.

"You don't even touch your soup" Baekhyun furrowed.

"She is worried about her man though" Kris smirked bringing the 'aaaahhh' and 'oooooh' from them. Heat was rising to my cheek.

"Excuse me" I quickly left and rushed towards Sehun and Suho's room. I swore I already became a tomato by that time!

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

I wiped Sehun's face with the wet towel carefully so that I would not wake him up. Suho already left. I asked him to take his breakfast. Suho said Sehun did not have enough rest last night. He stayed up all night to look after me in case Hayoung wanted to attack me again. How could nobody tell me?!

"Idiot" I muttered as I stared at his pale face. I heaved a deep sigh. I placed the back of my palm on his forehead. His temperature was still high. I was about to get up when Sehun opened his eyes. He sat up on his bed. He brought my hand to his lips and pecked a kiss on it.

"Are you feeling well today?" He creased a smile.

"I should be the one that ask you that question" I sighed.

"Lay down. You have to rest" I demanded. Sehun let out a chuckle and my hair. My heart skipped a beat at his touch. His finger travelled to my cheek and he caressed it gently.

"I'm happy I can see you again. I thought I'll never see you anymore" Sehun said almost whispering. His voice sounded so weak. I pushed him lightly so that his body lay down on the bed. My fingers ran through to his hair.

"I'm here. So don't worry. Rest well. I don't want you to be sick" Sehun nodded and closed his eyes. I patted him until he fell asleep.

"Mirae, there is someone who wants to see you" Suho came in.

"Who?" Suho glanced at Sehun before answering.

"Prince Jongin"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

The conversation I had with Kai lingered in my head.

"Mirae. I thought about this matter last night" Kai took a deep breath before he resumed "I will not force you to marry me. I will not stop you from loving someone else. I will not force you to love me"

I threw my gaze to the night sky as Kai's words kept echoing in my mind. I would be lying if I said I did not feel guilty. I made him loved me but then I ditched him. I was such a horrible person.

If only my memories came earlier, I would not have done that. All the scattered pieces of memories made me confused who I love. Even though I could not rack my brain on the incident before I got here, I was glad everything had been cleared. The only thing left was Hayoung and the day was coming nearer.

 It was tomorrow.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Mirror mirror on the wall who was the greatest of all?" Hayoung chanted. Her evil smile plastered on her face. She felt so satisfied after killing Mirae easily. No one could stop her.

The mirror let out an evil laugh, mocking Hayoung. "Be prepared my lady. She's coming" The image of Mirae and The Seven played happily with each other appeared on the mirror.

"But..how on earth she survive?!" Hayoung gritted her teeth. The mirror showed the image of Sehun kissing Mirae as an answer.

"I assume she will come during the full moon, my lady" the mirror said in its eerie voice. A smirk cracked on Hayoung's face.

"She chooses the wrong day. It's the day the Gwen is the most powerful”

 

 

It takes me longer to finish one chapter. TT I'm so busy with my activities. i'm so happy when I finish this one. sorry for this boring chapter. thanks for reading anyway =)