chapter 13

Snow White

"Mirae!" Baekhyun ran towards me. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. I did not know what was wrong with him so I just hugged him back. He let me go and stared at me with worried look on his face.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun held my shoulder and turned me around and around. Then he looked at me up and down.

"Hey! I'm fine. Calm down" I laughed at his action and patted his shoulder to calm him down

"How could I be calmed ?! You are not coming! I thought something happens to you! I will never forgive myself if that happen!" Baekhyun murmured and lowered his head. I lifted his head up and cupped his cheek.

"I'm right here okay? Don't worry" I let out a chuckle and ruffled his hair. Baekhyun flashed a smile but his smile suddenly faded.

"Umm..by the way Mirae. I'm sorry. I don't find your necklace" he sighed.

"It's okay" I tried to hide my disappointment with a smile. I grabbed his arm and linked my own with him.

"Let's go home! I'm starving!" I changed the topic because Baekhyun's guilty face was burdening me and I did not like it. He followed my pace and we together left the place. Before that, I turned my head and saw Luhan was standing not far from me. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.

Today I got a new friend.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Kai! What are you doing here?" I was a little bit surprise to see him at The Seven's cottage. Kai creased a smile on his handsome face and let out a chuckle.

"Umm Mirae, Kai, I’ll go to the kitchen first" Baekhyun left us to give us some privacy. When Baekhyun was gone, Kai stepped closer to me and lowered his body so that his eyes level matched with mine.

"You look better today". Kai smiled and placed his lips against mine. The feeling of guilt suddenly swept over me. I almost kissed another guy last night. The guilt that was building in me urged me to kiss him back. Kai's hand traveled to my back to pull me closer while my arms wrapped his neck. I closed my eyes, feeling his gentle lips moving against mine. Kai's kiss was getting deeper when suddenly we heard a voice.

"Ehem" I immediately pulled away and so was Kai. We turned our head and saw Sehun. My heart skipped a beat. I did not know why but I did not want him to see me kissing with another guy. Even that guy was my boyfriend.

"Sehun! I'm about to see you" Kai said as he rubbed the back of his neck looking embarrassed. Sehun did not answer him. Instead, he was staring at me. The stare that I did not even understand the meaning was. He huffed and made his way out to the yard. He walked pass us, avoiding my gaze. Why I feel.......hurt?

"What's wrong with him?" Kai asked. I shrugged. Is he being jealous? Sehun is not that kind of person, isn’t he?

Suddenly I felt Kai's arms wrapped around my waist. "I miss you so much! I'm happy you're back to your normal self" Kai whispered to my ears. I tried to focus on Kai but my mind was on Sehun. Is he mad? Is he okay? Did he see everything?

 "Mirae?" Kai called out my name gently when I didn't respond.

"Y-yes?" I stammered out. Kai let me go and turned me to face him.

"Is everything okay?" Kai caressed my cheek gently. His overload affection made me even guiltier. What am I doing? I shouldn't think about Sehun right now. Kai is in front of me and I have to focus on him! I flashed a smile and shook my head. "It's nothing"

"Kai! Here! Have some drink" Baekhyun came with hot coffee.

"Thanks! It's very nice of you" Kai placed his hand in mine and pulled me to the couch.

"Wow. It's good! As expected from a barista!" Kai praised Baekhyun as he sipped the coffee. Baekhyun chuckled.

"Thanks for the compliment but it's not the best. The best come from Sehun" I almost choked when I heard his name. Kai handed me his napkin when I didn't stop coughing.

"Sorry" I muttered when I cooled down myself. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow to me, knowing that I was hiding something.

"By the way, how do you know we're here?" Baekhyun changed the topic. Thanks Baekhyun!

"I went to the bakery earlier. They said Mirae is home. That's why I came here" Kai explained. Beside of banning me to be alone, The Seven also banned me to come to the bakery again. They said the Gwen might attack me in the bakery since she knew I worked there. They decided to keep me at home and took turn to look after me.

"I can visit Sehun too" Kai continued. Could he please stop talking about Sehun? I was trying very hard to slip him from my mind but Kai was not helping me at all!

"And..I was here to invite all of you to the ball in my palace. It's going to be held next week" Kai grinned before he resumed "The invitation cards are with Suho. I gave to him earlier" Kai placed his hand on mine and looked into my eyes

"Make sure you come beautifully"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I kicked all the small stones into the water. I guessed this river had been my second home. I came again with Chen as he was in charge today. Chen was practicing with his sword. So I gave him space and walked further away. A sigh escaped from my mouth. The small talk I had with Baekhyun last night kept bugging me.

"Do you like Sehun?" Baekhyun suddenly asked me when we were alone in his balcony. Baekhyun was sharing his room with Chanyeol. I always spent my time in their room when I was bored or in bad mood because they always cheered me up. We sang a lullaby or playing with each other but last night Chanyeol was extremely sleepy so right after dinner, he propped himself on his bed and dozed off.

"What are you talking about?" My eyes widen to  Baekhyun's sudden question. Baekhyun shifted his eyes from me to the stars in the sky.

"I don't know but my instinct keep telling me that you have feeling for him" Baekhyun uttered. My heart skipped a beat. Did I really fall for Sehun? Baekhyun looked down to me and grinned

"Don't you?" I gulped. I felt like there was a lump inside my throat. I wanted to say no but nothing came out.

"Sehun likes you" Baekhyun remarked. My heart beat faster. I looked straight to Baekhyun's eyes, looking for honesty.

"I know Sehun since we were little. I know him very well. I can see that he likes you. The way he acts when you're around, the way he treats you, the way he looks at you. It is so obvious to me" Baekhyun stopped for a while to take a deep breath.

"Do you know how worried he was when you fainted in the bakery that day? He never left your side until you wake up. When you were going out with Kai, I could see that he was jealous but that obvious brat tried so hard to hide it. When he knew about the fake guard, do you know how much he worried about you? He ran as fast he can without waiting for us" My jaws dropped and I became speechless. Sehun really liked me. No, he loved me and I was a who didn't even notice it. I let out a sigh and looked away.

"And I'm sure you have the same feeling for him" Baekhyun muttered under his breath.

I sighed and stared at the calm river. Yes, Baekhyun is right. I like Sehun. I have fallen for him but what about Kai? I don't know since when Sehun has replaced Kai. Am I in love with him in my dimension too? I think the answer is yes. The pounding heart of mine explains almost everything, I guess. So did I break up with Kai? I need my memory!!!

I scratched my head roughly, causing my hair to be ruined. But in this dimension, I have to love Kai. I have to! Snow White should love his prince! Not having affair with one of her dwarfs. I'm ruining this fairytale! If Chen is right, I have to marry Kai to leave this place. I have to end this fairytale! But, if that is not the case? Arghhhhh.

"What's wrong?" I spun around and saw Luhan was walking closer.

"You look like a mess" he flashed his angelic smile and fixed my hair. We were so close to each other, enabling me to look at his handsome face better. Wow. Today he was looking good. He was handsome but today he was freaking handsome. Yesterday his hair was undone and he looked tired. Today his hair was perfect, bangs-down style, his scent was luring and the smile on his face brightening his appearance.

"Now, you look gorgeous" I blushed to Luhan's compliment. Luhan let out a chuckle. Yesterday we promised to meet each other again here but I did not expect him to keep his promise because of his style that always 'disappeared'. It was a little shocking to me he really came today.

"You come?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Of course. I promised you yesterday remember?" Luhan murmured.

"Oh yes. Of course I remember" I gave him short smile and darted my sight to the river again, sighing.

"What's the matter? About your necklace?" Luhan asked kindly.

"No. It's not that. I've decided to let it go. There is nothing I can do with it" I replied. I sat down on the dry leaves and hugged my knees. Luhan did the same and sat beside me.

"Luhan?"

"Yes?" He turned his head to me upon hearing his name.

"What will you do if you like a girl but that girl is being with someone else?" I turned my head to Luhan.

"I will forget about her and try to move on" I swallowed hard.

"But that girl actually likes him too" I snapped.

"Then why would she be with someone else?" Luhan looked at me with strange look on his face. Yes, he was right. Why would she? I was in despair!

"Why?" Luhan quirked his eyebrows.

"Nothing" I shook my head frantically. Luhan shrugged and looked around. "Where is Leya?"

"Leya?" my eyes also roamed around to look for Leya's sight. Usually, Leya would be here. We stood up and looked for her behind the bushes. Our prediction was right. We saw her sniffling a rotten apple.

"No Leya! Don't eat that thing!" Luhan quickly picked her up and snuggled her into his arms. Luhan was cute! I chuckled.

"Why do you laugh?" Luhan narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing" I lied. Luhan raised his shoulder and put Leya down. Then he took out a carrot from his leather sling bag and fed Leya.

"Do you come alone?" Luhan asked as he Leya.

"No. I come with a friend" I answered as I crouched beside him, looking at Leya.

"Mirae, want to hear a story to boost up your mood?" Luhan creased a smile.

"Why not?" I remarked, interested in his story. It was hard to believe he could tell jokes and talkative too. I couldn't help but laugh at his funny expression. We talked and talked until I heard Chen was calling my name.

"Your friend is looking for you. Go" Luhan stood up and ruffled his hair. Damn handsome! I unknowingly gazed at him, mesmerized by his good look.

"Mirae? Your friend is calling for you" Luhan waved his hand in front of me. I flinched from surprise. Luhan chuckled.

"Am I that handsome?" Oh my god! I was caught red-handed! I looked away and I could feel heat was rising to my cheek.

"Mirae!! Where are you?!" I heard Chen's voice from far.

"I guess I have to go now. Thanks for today" Luhan said. Before he walked away, I grabbed his wrist.

"Can we meet again, tomorrow maybe?" I asked him. Luhan smiled and nodded.

"Great! See you later! Bye! You're a good friend" I waved at him before turning around and looked for Chen.

"I'm a bad friend, Mirae. Really bad"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"She's still alive, safe and sound" the eerie voice from the mirror let out an evil laugh.

Hayoung clenched her fist. Her rage caused the wind to blow so hard outside her castle. Her eyes turned bright red and her body rose above the ground. Soon, her body also glowed in bright red.

"BRING THAT ING TRAITOR TO ME!!!"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

 I waited for Luhan at the same place. I brought him chocolate muffins, his favorite. I remembered how much he ate when he came to the bakery. Actually I wanted to ask him about the royal ball whether he was invited or not. I would like to introduce him to The Seven too.

I waited and waited but……

He never came.

 

 

Finally Mirae admits that she loves Sehun lalalalalalala~ she is in denial because of Kai XD by the way thanks for reading =) I'm happy to see new subscribers lol.. thank you =)