chapter 16

Snow White

"Han Mirae and Oh Sehun" Mr Go announced the partners for Science Project. My eyes widen in agitation. I still could not settle my shock from being his partner for English project and now I was partnered again with him in Science Project too? This year would be a tough year for me. That jerk better was not getting in my way or I would kill him! I scratched the back of my head harshly.

"Is there anything wrong, Miss Han?" Mr Go raised his eyebrow.

"Nothing, Sir" I shook my head frantically.

After announced all the partners, Mr Go continued scribbled facts on the board, explaining this and that but nothing got into my mind. I tried to focus on him but my mind was too busy thinking about my bad luck. Kai had been appointed as the head student this year so we barely met each other. When I texted him after school, he said he was in meeting. When I tried to call him during weekend, he said he had a meeting with the shareholders. It was getting hard to date a chaebol.

It was not this hard last year. Maybe at that time, his father was not too eager to teach his son how to be a CEO. Now that his son was going to end school, the skill had to be polished and improved. My coach also made it hard for me this year. He selected me to represent school for the tennis tournament when I was super busy with my projects. He begged me for about a week! I had no choice but to say yes. I thought all the games and the projects were already and now with Sehun being my partner almost for all my projects had made my world turned upside down!

I could not cooperate with that punk. He was an ultimate jerk. He always picked on me whenever he had a chance. Sehun always pissed me off! Each word that came out from his mouth never pleased me. Not even once! I thought the entire school knew we were enemy. We fought whenever we met. To make it simple, we could not bump into each other or else another world war would explode. Maybe the teachers were tired of seeing us fighting with each other that they put us together in school projects.

I was drowned in my own thought when suddenly a crumpled paper was thrown from behind. It cut my thought. I knew where it came from. Sehun. I glanced at Mr Go. He was immersed in Aurora talk that he really fond of. So I peek at the paper. There was something scribbled on it.

Wait after class.

Mr Go was not paying attention to me so I swirled my head to Sehun. I quirked my eyebrow. He mouthed ‘look in front’ before he kicked my chair. I gritted my teeth in rage. This year would be tough!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

"Well,well. Seems like Han Mirae has to listen to Oh Sehun all the time" Sehun smirked.

"Why do I have to?" I crossed my arms.

"Because you need me to get full marks for your projects. I don't think you like the idea of failing" Sehun was right. I never failed. Teachers put a high expectation on me. I did not think I would let them down just because of this jerk!

I glowered at Sehun. He let out an evil laugh before continued. "So, we better start our project quick. Tomorrow at my house. 2 p.m" Sehun concluded and strode away to the cafeteria.

Someone please kill him for me!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Yes? Are you looking for my oppa?" A little girl came out from the door. She was so pretty! Maybe she was Sehun's little sister.

"Yes" I smiled at her.

"Come in. I'll call him" His sister welcomed me inside and ran upstairs. I did not know Sehun was rich! Why should I care anyway? He was my enemy after all. The interior design was lavish that I was afraid to touch anything. The little girl returned.

"Oppa is having his shower. So eonni have to wait" the girl smiled showing her teeth.

"Okay. Are you his sister?" I asked.

"Yes. My name is Oh Yura. How about eonni?" She asked giddily.

"My name is Han Mirae" I replied.

"Mirae? Mirae eonni? I know you!" Yura suddenly shrieked and rushed to my side. She seemed struggled to get on the couch so I helped her. Yura looked at me with her round eyes and beamed at me.

"You know me?" I asked confusedly. I never come to Sehun’s house before.

"Of course I know you! My oppa always talk about you" Yura giggled.

"Oh yeah? What does he tell you?" I tried to control my astonish expression. Sehun talked about me to his sister? Why would he talk about someone he hated?

"Oppa said that-"

"Yura" Sehun came from upstairs. Upon seeing her brother, Yura got down from the couch and pranced towards Sehun. Sehun snuggled her into his arms and lift her.

"Oppa. Your girlfriend is pretty!" Yura's words caused my jaws to drop. She had mistaken me as her brother's girlfriend! Yura, eonni is his enemy.

I wanted to protest but Sehun did it first "S-she is not oppa's girlfriend, Yura" Sehun stammered out.

"But you said-"

"Yura, how about you stay in your room because oppa and eonni have homeworks to do. I will make you a delicious snack later, okay?" Sehun pecked his sister on her cheek. I could not believe my eyes. Wow! I’m looking at a warm-hearted, loving and caring Sehun. Wait, do I just praise him?

"Yeay! Okay oppa!" Yura yelped in excitement. Sehun put her down and kissed her on her forehead before she ran upstairs to her room. Seeing this side of him was kind of new for me so I tended to gaze at him.

"What are you looking at?" Sehun's stern voice rang my sanity. He looked at me with scrutinizing eyes of him. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"What do you say to your sister about me?" I squinted. Sehun smirked. He stepped closer and stood right in front of me. He looked down at me.

 "Nothing much. Just saying that you're the most annoying, pathetic and girl" Sehun threw me his scathing look. Of course he would tell that. What do I expect?

"Oh yeah?" I drawled.

"Poor Yura for having a jerk as her brother" I fumed and glared at him.

"You know nothing about me moron!" Sehun scoffed before he strode away.

"Hey you punk! Where are you going?! We have stuff to-"

"I'm getting my books okay??! Could you please stop yelling?! You're making sound pollution!" Sehun growled and disappeared in a room. I bit my lower lip.

Calm down Mirae.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"You went to his house?!" Kai's voice was piercing through my ears. I had to bring my phone away from my ear because Kai's voice was too loud that my eardrum could burst!

"Kai! Don't shout like that!" I exclaimed. I heard him giggled.

"Sorry Mirae. I'm just shock you go to your ultimate's enemy house" Kai's chuckled.

"I know right?" I massaged my temple. Then I heard Kai sighed

"I wish I'm your partner. I feel like Sehun is stealing my time with you. I wish-"

"Wait wait. Are you being jealous right now? Are you jealous with Oh Sehun?" I could not hold my laughter. Kai was being ridiculous! He was jealous with my enemy? Oh please!

"You laugh? Yes I'm jealous. Even though Sehun is your enemy, he still is a guy. Anything can happen when a boy and a girl always meet! And I'm jealous because I love you okay?" Kai said.

"Owwww..so sweet! Don't worry. Maybe something will happen when a boy and a girl always meet but not between me and Sehun" I assured him.

"Ummm.." Kai hummed as if he did not believe in me.

"Kai, listen to me. Sehun and I, nothing will happen between us! We hate each other. You know that!" I tried to sooth Kai.

"Don't hate too much because it may turn to love" Kai's words made me huffed.

"Mirae. I have to go now. My dad is calling. Love you!" Kai hang up the phone.

"Love you too" I muttered and put my phone aside. Kai's words kept echoing in my head. I tried to process the truth behind his words.

Sehun and I? Love? Is that even possible?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Eonni! Catch this!" Yura threw the ball to me. I took the ball and passed it back to her. Yura caught it and wiped the sweat on her forehead. I chuckled. I was really fond of Yura. She was different from that idiot Oh Sehun! Whenever I came to Sehun's house, I played with Yura in their vast yard. Yura was like a stress reliever after facing annoying Sehun!

"Yura-ah, come here" Yura sprinted to me and hugged me. I hugged her back and sat her on my hips.

"You are sweating a lot today!" I wiped her sweat using a tissue. Yura beamed at me.

"Eonni, do you know that I like eonni a lot?" I chuckled and her hair.

"Really? Eonni like you even more!" I hugged her tight.

"Yura!" Sehun showed up. He paced closer and took Yura from my arms.

"What are you doing?" Sehun flashed a sweet smile that I rarely see. He looks handsome! Wait, did I just say Sehun is handsome? Crap!

"I'm playing with Mirae eonni. Oppa wants to play too?" Yura interlaced her fingers with gusto. Sehun chuckled and put her down. He took the ball and threw it to Yura. The ball rolled to the ground as Yura lost it.

"Oppa! You're cheating! I'm not ready yet!" Yura ran after the ball and threw it to Sehun. Sehun laughed at his sister. I just enjoyed watching the sibling played around with each other. I could not help but laughing seeing Sehun struggled to keep up with Yura's energy.

I smiled unknowingly looking at Sehun, a different Sehun. He was smiling, laughing, caring and loving. I really wondered how could a jerk be this kind and I could not help but to adore the warm side of him.

It's okay right?

Right?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Why do you look at me like that?" Sehun raised one of his eyebrows.

"Did you really do this by yourselves?" I furrowed, skimming through Sehun's worksheet. It was really neat and the surprising thing was, it was amazingly brilliant! Even I never thought about this idea. It was not like I was weak in Science, I was just not that creative to think about new invention and Sehun did it!

"Why? You think I'm that stupid? This thing is just a piece of cake! I can do it with my eyes close!" Sehun threw his arrogant look. I grabbed a cushion on the couch and threw it on his face.

"Scratch that face you punk!" I raised my voice.

"Can you please only once, don't yell like that?! Argh! I'm getting sick of you!" Sehun growled and ruffled his hair.

"If you're sick of me, I'm thousand times sick of you! You're lucky I only threw that fluffy thing on you because now I'm thinking of punching you on your face!" I glowered at him.

"Oh yeah? Then, go ahead!" Sehun leaned closer to me, closing the gap between us.

"W-what are you doing?!" I shove him away. I could feel my cheek was burning.

"You said you want to punch me. I'm giving you a chance girl but you give it away" Sehun put a smirk on his face.

"I-I have to go to the bathroom" I quickly strode away. I washed my face as soon as I got into the bathroom. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and put my hand on my chest, feeling the fast thumping heart against it.

"Oh please..this is not happening"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Enough for today. With that remarkable skill, I'm sure you can be the champion! I know you will never let me down" My coach, Mr Yoo patted my shoulder. I replied him with a smile before he walked out of the tennis court. I sat on the bench to loosen my strain muscle.

"Hey Mirae" I looked up upon hearing my name. A girl was standing in front of me, crossing her arm. Her hateful look was piercing into me.

"Hayoung" I smirked.

"I guess your arm is fully healed" she took a glance to my left arm.

"You're lucky the ball hit your left arm, not your right" she let out an evil laugh. I gritted my teeth. Hayoung was a . She was not satisfied with our coach for choosing me. She wanted to play in the tournament so bad that she even hurt me to get that position! Last week she purposely hit the ball straight to me and luckily it hit my left arm. It felt like a bullet piercing through my skin! I barely moved my left arm because of her!

"Do you even care?" I glared at her. Hayoung smirked and leaned closer to me.

"You better watch out Han Mirae because I'm not done with you" she whispered. I gulped but I tried my best to put my straight face on.

"Go on. I wonder how far you can do" I exclaimed, hiding my fear inside. Hayoung huffed and strode away. I let my hair down and ruffled it harshly.

"Drink this" suddenly I heard a voice. I looked up and saw him. Oh Sehun. He was holding a bottle of mineral water in his hand. I quirked my eyebrow.

"Aishhh" Sehun groaned. He snatched my hand and passed the bottle.

"T-thanks" I stammered out. Why do I have to stutter? I cleared my throat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm playing hide and seek" he said sarcastically. I felt like face palming my own face. Of course Sehun was here for basketball. The basketball court was just beside ours. Sehun always spent his evening with his friends there. I was being an idiot.

"Do you always have to piss me off?" I groaned. Sehun scoffed and walked pass me.

After a few steps, he stopped and said "Don't let that bring you down. She's actually a coward herself" I swallowed hard.

? Is he referring it to Hayoung? Does he listen to our conversation? He knows about me and Hayoung?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"You're awake!" Kai hugged me tightly.

"Kai! You're suffocating me!" I gasped for air. Kai pulled away and grinned. I massaged my throbbing head. Hayoung was crazy! She threw a basketball to me during P.E class and it hit my head! I'm lucky I still had my head on!

"What happened after I passed out?" I asked him

"After you fainted, your dearest enemy brought you here" Kai answered sarcastically. Kai's words reminded me of Sehun. I still remembered how fast he ran to me when I fell down. He shoved away all the people around me and held me in his arms. He called my name several times before my vision turned complete black.

"My dearest enemy? Dearest my !" I tried to crack a joke but Kai's face was serious.

"You and Sehun, there is nothing between two of you right?" Kai's question made my heart skipped a beat.

"What kind of question is that? Stop being jealous with him. I've told-"

"I'm jealous because I love you! I can see something is wrong between-"

"But there is really nothing between us, Kim Jongin! Nothing!"  I snapped. I rubbed my face.

"Really? Can I trust your word?" Kai looked at me into my eyes.

"Trust me" I sighed.

"Mirae!!!!!!" Baekhyun suddenly barged into the nurse's office. Chanyeol followed his trail. They were about to rush to my side when they noticed that I was with Kai.

"Kai! You're here! Are we bothering-"

"No. Not at all. Come in" Kai shook his head. Upon getting Kai's permission, they came to me.

"How's your head?" Concern could be heard in Baekhyun’s voice.

"Still throbbing?" Chanyeol added.

"She's fine. The nurse said she can go back to class" Kai answered on my behalf. I nodded.

"It's a relief! Hayoung is a ! I swear I will cut her head off!" Baekhyun clenched his fist in rage.

"Calm down dude!" Chanyeol patted Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Let's not talk about her. I feel like I want to puke" Chanyeol added, making Kai and I laughed. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were my best friends. It did not mean I did not have any girl friends but I was more comfortable around Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They could understand me better than girls actually. So I ended up loitering around them. There was once a rumor that I was dating both of them but luckily it settled down when Kai and I were declared as couple.

"Yeah, you're right. Anyway Mirae, Kris told us to stop by at his dad's restaurant after school. It's okay for you?" Baekhyun uttered.

"Yeah of course. My head injury is not that serious though. Do you want to tag along Kai?" I turned my head to Kai. Before Kai managed to answer, he got a call from his father.

"Yes father, I'll be there" Kai hung up the phone and heaved a deep sigh.

"I guess it's not today" Kai raised his shoulder. Baekhyun and Chanyeol just nodded, used to Kai's hectic life as a chaebol. I tried to hide my disappointment and smiled weakly.

"Nah, it's okay. I understand"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Enjoy your meal! It's on me today!" Kris winked at us before shifting to other tables to take orders. Kris was helping his father with his Chinese restaurant. They came to Korea last year but Kris’ Korean already improved a lot. Baekhyun became his Korean teacher and since then we became close to each other. Last year we were not in the same class but this year we were.

"These dumplings are dead good!" Chanyeol said with his mouth full of dumpling. I giggled and tried some.

"The taste is so fabulous!" I drawled. Baekhyun let out a chuckle.

"How's your practice?" I asked Chanyeol and Baekhyun after a long silent. We were so into the meal!

"Great!" Baekhyun's face brightened when the talk of his band was out.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were participating in a K-pop Star competition. So they formed a band consisted of vocalists, dancers and rappers. Kris was also in. He was a rapper with Chanyeol. The shocking member was Suho. He was a book worm in our school! I did not believe he was interested in this thing! He took the role of vocalist along with Baekhyun. There were two other members I seldom saw. This was because they were from other school. Their names were Kyungsoo and Chen. They were Baekhyun’s old friends. The competition was going to be held two months from now and they were practicing diligently!

"Want to come over?" Chanyeol suggested. I rolled my eyes.

"I will come every day if not because of Sehun!" I scoffed. I could not believe it that they scouted Sehun as their main dancer! I felt like they were betraying me! Did Sehun is that good?! 

"Are you two still fighting? I thought after all those projects, both of you can get along with each other" Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst out laughing.

"Sehun is not that bad. He's funny and cute too sometimes. He has a lot of aegyo!" Chanyeol winked.

"I don't think Sehun hate you that much. I think you're exaggerating situation here" Baekhyun added.

"Now you're on his side? That’s good!" I huffed.

"It's not like that Mirae. If he hates you so much, why did he run to you when you collapse earlier?" I remained silent at Chanyeol's question. Chanyeol and Baekhyun shook their head and continued eating.

That’s right. Why Sehun save me?

 

 

 

This is Mirae's memories special part 1! By the way thanks for reading and subscribing.