chapter 11

Snow White

"Hey are you okay?" Kai sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I'm fine" I tried my best to smile which was damn hard for me right now. Not long after Kai found me in the woods that evening, Chanyeol and Suho arrived. They knew about the fake guard. Suho told me that after I left, a real guard came and asked for me. They sensed something bad and rushed to me. Luckily, Sehun was fast enough to find me but I guessed luck was not on his side.

"I think you have to go home now. It's getting late" I placed my hand on his and squeezed it gently, reassuring that I was fine. He was just worried. He said I was not behaving like myself but I did not want to be a selfish who kept a tired person by my side. Kai spent almost the whole day searching for some herbs in the woods with Kris and Chen. Suho said the plant that could cure Sehun was very rare and definitely hard to find. Fortunately they found it before night.

"Are you sure?" I replied with a nod. He sighed and kissed me on my forehead.

"Take care" he said and made his way out. When Kai was out of my sight, tears started to swell in my eyes.

I cried. Again.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"How's Sehun?" I asked Suho when I came into Sehun’s room.

"The prince has left?" Suho asked me without answering my question. I replied with a nod as I took a sit beside Suho. Suho was applying some grinded plant on Sehun’s wound.

"Sehun……he's going to be okay. Right?" I swore my voice was shaking.

"Let's just pray the best for him" Suho's answer made my heart broke into pieces.

Is his condition that bad? Is he going to die?

Don’t worry. He’s going to be okay. I know him really well. He is not the type who will give up easily. We just have to believe in him” Suho soothed me with a smile. I tried to believe his words but there was something deep in my mind that was preventing me from doing so.

How can he be so sure?

“Suho, Mirae, the dinner is done. We'll wait for you" Chen appeared from the door. Suho nodded.

"Let's go Mirae. You have to eat. You don't eat anything since this morning" Suho placed all the herbs on the nightstand and grabbed me by my wrist.

"Later. You go first. I want to be with Sehun. Just.....for a while" I pulled my hand away and answered him with my eyes still on Sehun. I really had lost my appetite. Suho let out a sigh, knowing he failed to persuade me.

"Okay. But make sure you have your dinner" Suho stood up and walked out of the room, leaving Sehun and I. When he was out, I moved closer to Sehun. The tears that I had been holding finally burst. This feeling, it was painful. It's like my heart was squeezed by an invisible hand. I didn't know that seeing Sehun in this state would affect me this much. Guilty? I traced his cheek gently.

Why on earth did you do that? Why? You are a jerk, don't you remember that? A jerk does not do this stuff! 

I cried even harder. My hand shifted to his hair and it unwittingly. I stared at his face for a long time. I did not care about the thumping heart of mine right now. I did not care about the butterfly feeling in my stomach right now. I just want to be with Sehun.

Kai is right.

I’m not being myself.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Mirae-ya. Please. Eat some" Chanyeol brought the spoon to my mouth. I really did not have any appetite! Kris barged into Sehun's room and dragged me out without any mercy. So here I was, surrounded by six guys, forcing me to eat.

"Mirae-ya. If you love us, eat some. You don't have anything since this morning. You look pale" Kyungsoo pleaded. Chen nodded, agreed with Kyungsoo. I sighed and hesitantly opened my mouth.

"Good girl" Chanyeol said as he plunged the spoon into my mouth. I chewed slowly and swallowed hard.

 "Enough. I'm full" I stopped Chanyeol from scooping more soup.

"You only eat five spoons!" Baekhyun screeched.

"I'm sorry. I want to take some rest" I trudged to my room and locked myself. I heard them sighed but I did not have the intention to turn back. I was not in that mood.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I looked like a zombie the next day. Dark circle under my eyes, pale face, lips that had changed colour, messy hair, just perfect to be a zombie! No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't sleep. My mind could only think about Sehun. Was he going to be okay? Why did he care so much about me? Why would he sacrifice himself for me? Why would someone who kept pestering me turn to be the one that always be my savior? Why?! And why on earth I was feeling this way?!

This damn feeling was urging me to be with Sehun again. So here I was, in his room. Staring at him like a fool, crying. Suddenly someone touched my shoulder gently. I spun around to see Kai was standing in front of me. What's he doing here? When does he come? I looked at him questioningly and asked "What-when you-?"

"A while ago. Suho said you are here. I knocked the door for a few times but no one answer. So I just walk in" Kai explained. He knocks? I really don't know!

"I'm sorry. I just-" I tried to find the best words to explain but my mind went blank. Kai sat beside me and lifted my chin up. He wiped my tears and fixed my messy hair. A feeling of guilty attacked me. My boyfriend caught me in a room with another guy, crying because of another guy like there was no tomorrow and did not even know her own boyfriend’s existence. I’m such a terrible girlfriend, right?

"You look awful. Look at your hair" he paused and then pointed to my eyes "and this eyes. You didn't sleep last night. Am I right?" Kai prediction was 100% right and I did not have to argue with his statement. I shifted my eyes away. I heard Kai sighed and pulled me into his arm.

"I know you are worried about him but please take care of yourself. I hate seeing you behaving this way" Kai whispered and my hair affectionately. Kai let me go and planted a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I have to go now. I'm sorry I can't stay any longer" Kai stood up and kissed me on my forehead.

"Love you" Kai muttered and walked out.

Kai...I'm sorry

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"That dragon belongs to Hayoung, that wicked Gwen" Suho told us after we had our dinner. Yes, I had my dinner tonight. Thanks to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who kept bugging me around the whole day, whining about my meal bla bla bla. They even threatened me if I did not eat, they wouldn't allow me to see Sehun until he woke up.

"How do you know?" Kyungsoo asked. Suho flipped through the book he was holding and stopped at a page. He showed us the page and pointed to a picture.

"See. Its name is HellDrag. Have a long life span and devoted itself to the Gwen. HellDrag has served many Gwens before and it is loyal" Suho paused before he continued "It is not an evil creature actually. It helped Gwen save many people. But, as it is loyal, it will comply whatever the Gwen asks."

"So the Gwen asked HellDrag to kill us?" Kris spoke up.

"Mirae. Not us. The Gwen is targeting Mirae. That's why the fake guard wanted to kill her because the previous attempt was failed" Suho corrected. I swallowed hard. Remember I said I doubted that I was Snow White?

Not anymore. Someone who was always looking at a magic mirror wanted to kill me. Now, I was 100% sure I was her.

 

Snow White.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

" and they lived happily ever after" I finished my story.

"Wow! So we are the seven dwarfs?" Baekhyun asked excitedly. His eyes sparkle in fascination. I let out a chuckle. I told Suho about my thought on Snow White story and Suho was surprised to see the similarities. So I ended up telling the whole story to the rest of them.

"But we are not a dwarf!" Chanyeol protested. He pouted and crossed his arm.

"Sure we're not. We're too handsome and too tall to be the dwarfs" Kris interjected boastfully. I rolled my eyes to him.

"But the story is almost the same. I was also shocked to hear the story for the first time" Suho remarked.

"Okay. If the story line is similar, the next plot will be the poison apple and then the prince will kiss you. You will wake up and get married?" Kyungsoo gasped in disbelief.

"I don't know...because the way that the Gwen wants to kill me is not the same as in Snow White's story. The reason why she wants to kill me is also unknown. I'm sure it's not because of beauty" I shrugged.

"Ummm...Mirae, maybe if you finish the story..." Chen who just remained silent suddenly spoke up. He paused for a while to draw our attention. When our eyes focused on him, he continued "Mirae can magically return to her dimension!" Chen exclaimed almost shouting.

 "Oh my god! Wow Mirae! You can go back!" Baekhyun screamed in joy but suddenly he stopped.

"But that's mean I can't see you again" His voice lowered. My chest tightened in the thought of farewell.

"Mirae-ya!!" Baekhyun dashed towards me and hugged me tightly that I had hard time breathing.

"I want a hug too!" Chanyeol shrieked and hugged me too. Okay..now I was hugged by two men who were far way stronger than me and I was squeezed between them.

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol, I can't breathe" I gasped for air.

"Ya ya! Stop it. You two are killing Mirae" Chen pulled them away from me as they did not even budge.

"Sorry" Baekhyun and Chanyeol apologized sheepishly with crestfallen expression.

"Don't make that face! It doesn't suit both of you!" I pinched their cheeks and laughed to lift their mood.

"Mirae!" They both screamed simultaneously. How cute!

"Mirae's right. You two look damn hideous!" Suho remarked with a smirk and continued "And it's not like we cannot see Mirae anymore if she get back" Suho's words drew their attention.

"What do you mean?" Kris asked, confused. Baekhyun and Chanyeol frantically nodded, dying to know. So Suho explained about the dimension thing, destiny bla bla bla. Their jaws almost dropped when Suho finished his long and detail explanation.

"So where are you in this dimension?" Kyungsoo questioned.

"That still remains mystery" I sighed and they all remained silent.

"I want to check on Sehun" I broke up the silence. I stood up and headed to Sehun's room.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I sat on the edge of Sehun's bed. He was still in his deep sleep. It had been three days since that attack. I let out a sigh. It had become a routine for me to be here. I'd just sit beside him and stared at his face blankly, hoping he would wake up. I leaned closer to him to have a better look on his handsome face. I admitted I missed him so much. I missed his voice. I missed him bossing me around all day. I thought I would like it since there was no one that annoyed me but I was wrong.

I could not suppress the urge to touch him so I caressed his cheeks gently and as usual my heart thumped very hard against my chest. I sighed again. I hated myself for being this way! But I just couldn't stop myself from doing so! My hand traveled to his hair and I it gently. Suddenly, Sehun's eyes fluttered open. My hand was frozen. Sehun just opened his eyes and he was looking straight into my brown eyes!

Am I imagining thing or what? I blinked for a few times.

No. I'm not.

Sehun is looking at me!

I impulsively  pulled my hand on his hair away. My heart that was already hammering against my chest was beating even faster and harder. My cheek was burning.

"I-I will call the rest" I stuttered and rushed out. 

 

 

 

Done! yeay! Sehun is awake! Thanks for reading =)