Chapter 3

Snow White

I was walking down the hallway when suddenly someone closed my eyes.

This scent..

“Kai stop it. I can’t see”

“Han Mirae! This is not it. You have to guess first! You’re so not interesting!” Kai let his hands that were covering my eyes off and turned me around facing him.

Oh god I miss this guy so much!

“I miss you so much Mirae” Kai said with his attractive y smile and without waiting for my answer, he pulled me into his arm. Unknowingly, I hugged him back and I could feel he pulled me closer.

“I’m holding it in because we’re at school. I swear if we’re outside, I already kiss you!” I heard he whispered. I chuckled. I knew it well even if he didn’t say it. My boyfriend was a head student so it was a little inappropriate for him to just kiss a girl in the middle of a hallway.

He let me go and fixed my hair. With the sorry look on his face I knew what would he going to say. Yesterday was my final tennis match and he missed it! He was gone for three days because he had to represent the school for an occasion in Busan. This happened so many times that I didn’t really care anymore. Did I?

“I’m sorry I missed your final match yesterday. I’m truly sorry” Kai said as if he had read my mind.

“It’s okay. It is not like you’re doing it intentionally” I tried to coax him as I caressed his cheek.

“No it’s not okay! How could I miss my girlfriend showing off her skill!” he muttered under his breath.

I smiled before I found myself kissed him lightly on his lips. He seemed shocked by my abrupt kiss but I didn’t care because action is far way better that words.

“Woah what was that?” Kai said as I pulled away. He tried to sound angry but he was such a terrible actor! I knew he liked it. His expression explained everything.

“A punishment for not coming and for talking too much. Besides, nobody is here so it’s okay right?” I responded before I heard a deep voice snapped. His figure was blurred. I couldn’t see his face clearly.

“……..”

And ..weird feeling was coming from the inside when I heard his voice.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I opened my eyes and looked around. I found myself lying on the bed in the cottage and it was already dark outside. I could hear the owls hooting from the woods. It gave me the creeps. The dream flashed into my thought. The memories of Kai and me flooded in.

Kim Jongin. Kai. My boyfriend. I remember him. I miss him so much.

 “You’re awake”

Oh Sehun?

What is he doing here? Does he wait for me? Sehun?

“How-“

“We brought you here” Sehun uttered without waiting me completed my question. Wow. He could be a mind reader.

“Mirae! You’re awake! You scared us to death! I thought I won’t see you again! Are your head okay? Do you want me to massage it for you?” Chanyeol attacked me with his questions. He was holding a tray with a bowl of hot soup and a glass of chocolate drink on it.

“I’m fine. I’m not dying okay? It’s just my head but it’s getting better” I smiled just to reassure that I was fine. Chanyeol put the tray beside me and looked at me with his big round eyes. He tried to hide his worried look but it was too obvious. He took the drink and brought it to my lips.

“Drink some. I make it just for you” I was touched by his effort so I just sipped some without uttering a word. He grinned. He put down the drink, scooped the soup and fed me.

“Chen and Kyungsoo make this soup. It is good to relieve the pain. Here, let me feed you” the look on his face showed me that he really wanted to do it so I just let him. I glanced at Sehun who was just sitting on a couch beside my bed crossing his long legs. He was staring at me. I could not interpret the look in his eyes but I could feel that weird feeling again. Just like in the dream.

“Tomorrow if you’re not feeling well, just stay at home. You really make us all nervous! Even Sehun-“

“I want to go outside” Sehun interrupted. He stood up and I captured him giving Chanyeol a warning look before he walked out. Why did he do that?

"Sehun what?" I asked Chanyeol as soon as Sehun was out of my sight.

"Nothing" Chanyeol continued feeding me. Weird. What was he trying to hide? I raised my eyebrows but Chanyeol was not bothered.

"So, what happened after I knocked out?" I decided to let it slipped. Why should I care about it anyway? What happened after that incident was much more important right now.

"We brought you here and..Mirae?" Chanyeol beamed.

"What? Why do you smile like that?" did I ask something funny?

"I think that prince had fallen for you. When you passed out he noticed the chaos in the bakery and rushed to you. He even offered to bring you back to the castle with him to be treated. I can’t forget his expression when he first saw you! I can see that he likes you" that got me speechless.

"What? You don’t believe me?” he chuckled before he continued.

“But Sehun insisted to bring you-"

"Chanyeol-ah. I dreamt something new" Chanyeol seemed surprised.

"Another piece of memory?"I nodded.

"This time I saw someone else. His face is similar to that prince, their name too. His name is also Kim Jongin." I almost blurted out the kiss part.

"And....?"

"There is another person but.." I tried to recall his face but I couldn’t. I was very certain there was someone there. The one that gave me those weird feelings.

"Don’t force yourself. At least you remember something. But it is kind of..what should I say? Strange? Because the prince and the guy from your dream have the same feature. Their name too" Chanyeol muttered as he finished the last scoop of the soup.

"I think so" I furrowed, trying to connect all the scattered clues in my head. Did this dimension and my dimension have some connection? I had to tell Suho!

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

I walked down the stairs towards Suho's library underground.  Seeing beams of light coming from the door that was ajar, I knew Suho was still awake. I opened the door to the small library and found Suho was having his nose in a thick old book. He was frowning like he was thinking so hard about something.
The door made a screech sound when I opened it and it caught Suho's attention. He looked up and I could see he was a little bit surprise to see me here at this hour.

"M-mirae. I thought you had already slept" he stuttered. I took a seat beside him and turned the seat a little bit so I could face him.

"I can’t. Besides I think I’ve rest too much today" I explained.

"I’ve something to tell you" I continued. So I told him the whole dream I had but I skipped that kiss part. It was too embarrassing ! I also told him that my memories with Kai were returning but not completely. At least it was enough to convince me that Kai was really my boyfriend.

"So the theory was right" Suho said.