chapter 8

Snow White

Kris made me a new purple dress! It was good I lost mine. I got a new one! Even prettier! But, the most important thing was Kai and I had become closer in this dimension! We met almost every day. Sometimes Kai visited me at the bakery and had a short yet sweet date. Sometimes he invited me to his castle to keep him company. We walked together, hand by hand, in his garden. He knew I liked to be there.

"A rose for a beauty" Kai said as he tucked a rose behind my ear. I couldn't help myself from blushing.

"I like it when you blush. Do you know how adorable you are?" He let out a chuckle. Kai lean closer and kissed my forehead.

"I love you" Kai whispered and caressed my cheek gently. I smiled in return as I placed my arms around his waist and hugged him. His scent was suffocating me that I couldn't suppress the urge to hug him closer.

"I love you too" I replied him. Kai let me go and lean closer until there was no more space between us. In a blink of eyes, he placed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes as I kissed him back. He brought his hand behind my head and the other hand on my cheek as he kissed me deeper and I was totally drunk by his intoxicated kiss.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................

"Cleaning day!!" Chanyeol shouted happily like he was about to do something fun. Chen said the cottage was a pig sty! It was true actually. Clothes were everywhere. All the cabinets and furniture were dusty! Chen forced us to do the cleaning with him today because we had times as the bakery was closed.

"Is that something enjoyable to you?" Baekhyun said as he flicked Chanyeol's forehead.

"Argh! It's hurt you punk!" Chanyeol rubbed his forehead that had turned red. Poor Chanyeol. I just shook my head, unable to help him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were in charged in wiping the windows while Kris and Kyungsoo were in charged to wipe all the furniture and cabinets. Chen was rearranging raw food while Suho was in his library organizing his books. Sehun was in charged in clothes and unfortunately I ended up with him. !

"Baekhyun-ah, Chanyeol-ah, can we switch? Let me do the wiping" I raised one eyebrow, attempting to trade.

"Yes you-"

"No you can't. You said it yourself that the draw can't be changed. You made that rule" Sehun snapped. He was carrying a basket full of clothes. I rolled my eyes in disbelief. Since when he listened to my suggestion? Okay I admitted I was the one that suggest the draw to decide our chores and we-cannot-change-it-no-matter-what rule. But since when Sehun took my suggestion seriously? I bit my lower lips to bear the urge to punch Sehun on his face.

"Why do you look at me like that? I'm stating the truth! So, stop making face and let's go"Sehun said exasperatedly. He walked pass me and slightly bumped his shoulder against mine. What the heck?! Baekhyun and Chanyeol shrugged and continued with their works. I heaved a deep breath and followed behind Sehun. This was the bad side of this dimension. No washing machine. So we had to do laundry by the river. What a new experience! The fact that I had to do laundry with Sehun made it even worse!

"Take this. I'll wait for you here" Sehun spun around and passed me the basket full of clothes when we were just about meters away from the river. I creased my eyebrows.

"We are supposed to do this together right?" I frowned.

"I want to hunt some carnivores. We're running out of meat anyway" Sehun answered absentmindedly. He pointed at his archery's equipment that he had brought. So that was why he brought it here. I realized that earlier but I did not know he want to use it for hunting. I thought it was for safety.

"So you want me to do the laundry alone and you go hunting?!" My eyes piercing through his.

 "Yes and oh yeah, we'll meet here in one hour, any more question?" Sehun smirked. Someone please punch him for me! Knowing that fighting with him was just a waste of time, I just glared at him, took the basket and left him without any words. Only God knew how much I curse inside.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................

"Damn Oh Sehun. Jerk! You !" I couldn't stop myself from cursing as I washed away all the dirt from the clothes. I swore if I was not in my right mind, I already tore Sehun's clothes into pieces! You better be grateful Oh Sehun because I was too kind to do that.

"Argh" a voice suddenly moaned in pain. Who's that?

I turned my head left and right to see where did the voice came from. My eyes widen when I saw a man not far from me was sitting helplessly by the river bank. My eyes stopped at his arm. It was bleeding! I put away all the clothes and rushed towards him. His eyes were shut tightly and he was sweating heavily. I could see the pain he was enduring as he was biting his lower lips .

"Hey, are you okay?" I crouched beside him and touched his uninjured arm gently. He flinched from shock. His eyes fluttered open and gazed at me. He huffed and immediately made an attempt to escape from me but I stopped him impulsively.

"Wait! You're bleeding. Let me help you" I tore the lower part of my dress and wound his injured arm carefully.

"Done!" I looked up at him and gave him a smile. Wow not bad. Even though his hair was undone, his face was like an angel. Without saying any words, he stood up, turned his back on me and walked off.

"Your welcome" I uttered as he disappeared from my sight. What a strange man!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I couldn't believe my eyes right now. I was trying to deny the fact that I found Sehun was practicing his archery instead of hunting! I swore my blood pressure was rising right now!

"Hunting huh?" I said sarcastically but Sehun just ignored me. What?! Rude jerk! I glanced at a small stone beside my foot. An evil thought came to my mind. Evil smile creased on my face. I took the stone and aimed it directly on Sehun's head. It will not damage his head that bad right?

However before I was able to get my revenge, Sehun responded "I did but I couldn't find one" I huffed. I missed the chance in a split second! Argh! I dropped the stone with a sigh. I put the basket beside me and sat on dry leaves watching Sehun practicing. I hated to admit but his skill was undoubtedly amazing. Each aim was accurate! I darted my eyes towards Sehun. He looked so damn cool right now! His sharp jaws, his fair skin, his pinky lips, all perfect! If not because of his behavior I could possibly fall for him already. What are you thinking Han Mirae?  You’re not falling for this guy!

Suddenly Sehun turned his head and looked at me. Gosh! Our eyes locked but I immediately looked away. Damn heart! Stop pounding so hard!

"Want to learn?" Sehun asked.

"Wh-What?" I tried to remain calm but failed. I stuttered! You are an idiot Mirae!

"Are you deaf or what?" He paused and then continued "I said do you want to learn archery? You seem interested as you're staring for too long"

"No? Or you are staring at me?" Sehun smirked.

"In your dream Oh Sehun!" I denied nervously.

"So you want to learn archery? I can teach you if you want" Sehun said. Wow. Sehun wanted to teach his ultimate enemy? Was he being serious? Yes. I wanted to learn but with Sehun? It was like a nightmare came true

"You better come over here if you want before I change my mind. I don't want to go home right now anyway. Those cleaning things are killing me!" Sehun muttered. Yeah he was right! We could escape from 'Chen Omma'. You were a genius Sehun! I quickly dashed towards him and grabbed the extra bow he brought.

"Good decision!" He smirked.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

"First adjust your stance" Sehun showed his example. "Then, hold the bow and the arrow like this" he instructed. I followed him but ended up like a mess. My shivering hands just made things worse! The feeling was like you were doing your examination paper and your teacher was staring at you. Yes! That kind of feeling! How did I suppose to do it right when Sehun kept staring at me?! I heard Sehun sighed. He walked behind me and placed his hand on mine. "Like this" he corrected my hand's position. Sehun was so close to me that I could smell his scent.

"Then, aim higher than your target" Sehun instructed with his hand still on mine, guiding me. I swallowed hard as he was leaning closer. I held my breath. "Good! Now, pulled the bowstring but don't released the arrow yet" I pulled the string with Sehun's help. Okay, now my heart was thumping so hard I couldn't focus at all!

 "Okay now!" We released the arrow and it hit the target accurately! Sehun pulled away from me. Finally, I could breathe! Sehun squinted to see the target.

"Bull's-eye!" He creased a smile. Wait! Sehun just smiled at me? It was clearly not an evil smile or a smirk. A pure smile.

"Do you just smile?" I chuckled.

"No I don't!" Sehun quickly looked away.

"It's okay to smile anyway. It's not a crime" I laughed but stopped immediately when Sehun glared at me.

"I don't. Let's go home. It's getting hot" Sehun got all the equipment, took the basket and walked away, leaving me behind.

 "Hey wait for me!" I shouted as I pranced towards him.

"Thank you for teaching me" I said shortly.

 "You're welcome" Sehun whispered but audible enough for me to hear.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Who's that strange man? Hahahahahah. He will show up again~