chapter 18

Snow White

Now that my memories were back, I could see the link between this dimension and mine. They were almost similar yet different. The surprising thing was I had met Hayoung in my dimension. No wonder Hana said our path had crossed. Their personalities were undoubtedly same. Wicked, evil, arrogant! What made they different was magic. I was sure if Hayoung from my dimension had magic too, she would kill me! Just like that Gwen! I should be thankful she did not. The only thing that I did not remember was how I got here.

"If you just stare at the plates, it won’t be cleaned until tomorrow" Baekhyun chuckled. He paced to me and offered his help.

"It's okay Baekhyun. I can do this" I refused.

"Nah. I just want to do it because I'm bored" I turned my head to him.

"Baekhyun is bored?" I stifled a laugh. Baekhyun never bored! He always had stuff to do. Bugging s was his major hobby.

"There is nobody you want to play with?" I asked. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head.

"Everyone is damn serious tonight! I'm too afraid to get close to them. Suho is in his library so it is a no-no! Kris is mending some dresses so he is drowned in his own world. Chen is practicing with his sword with Kyungsoo so they shoo me away! Chanyeol has lost his happy virus and I can't stand watching his gloomy face. Sehun is still in his room and you know it well how is he when he is mad right?" Baekhyun sighed.

"Chanyeol and Sehun, are they still being cold to each other?" I was worried. Sehun was very mad at Chanyeol because of his carelessness and Chanyeol  kept blaming himself. When we had our dinner, Sehun kept glaring at Chanyeol and Chanyeol always kept his head lowered. The tension could be felt between them. After dinner, Sehun went straight to his room and so was Chanyeol.

"Both of them stay in their own room since dinner, so what do you think?" Baekhyun wiped the last plate and placed it on the kitchen countertop where all the crockery was placed. I heaved a deep sigh.

"I think I want to handle with Chanyeol first" I murmured.

"Great idea! Let's go! I want my happy go lucky Chanyeol back" Baekhyun interlaced his beautiful fingers and batted his eyelashes. I cracked a laugh to his exaggerated act.

"Let's go"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

Handling with Chanyeol was not very hard as he was usually a positive minded person. Chanyeol kept seeking for my forgiveness that it was giving me a headache. I told him that it was not his fault and Chanyeol cried! It was my first time seeing him cried. My dress was wet from his tears! With the help from Baekhyun, I managed to sooth him. Now, it was time to handle with Sehun.

"Are you sure you don't want me to be with you?" Baekhyun asked. He wanted to offer his help but I refused.

"Yes. It's okay" I shook my head and creased a reassuring smile.

"Just look after Chanyeol. Keep him accompanied. Maybe he needs someone to talk" I added. Baekhyun cracked a smile and nodded before going back into his room.

I a lungful of air before making my way to Sehun's room. I knocked the door before turning his door knob. I caught Sehun's glimpse, standing at his balcony. I took a deep breath and walked to his side.

"Sehun" I tapped his shoulder. Sehun gasped in shock.

"Sorry I startle you. I've knocked the door earlier" I chuckled, amused by his reaction.

"Sorry, I don't hear you" Sehun rubbed his back neck awkwardly.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"What do you mean by 'okay'?" Sehun cocked his eyebrow.

"Are you still mad at Chanyeol?" I asked straight forward. Sehun shifted his gaze to the dark sky without answering my question. He's still mad at Chanyeol.

"Sehun, it's not his fault. The Gwen disguised as you. Anyone who saw the Gwen would think it was you!" Sehun did not respond.

"Everyone makes mistake. Forgive him. Poor Chanyeol. He's crying. You know he rarely cries right?" I murmured. Sehun let out a sigh and looked down at me. He pulled me and wrapped me in his arm and as usual my heart skipped a beat.

"I'm just worried. I felt like my world had collapsed when Baekhyun said he couldn't find your pulse. I felt like dying" Sehun murmured. I chuckled and placed my arms around his waist.

"I know but I'm fine now. I'm still alive. You can still see me" I uttered. Sehun let me go and dropped a kiss on my forehead. I saw him cracked a smile.

"So you will forgive Chanyeol?" I asked. Sehun chuckled and nodded.

"That's my boy!" I pinched his cheek.

"Mirae!" Sehun groaned but then he burst into a huge laughter.

"I wonder how I’m in your dimension" Sehun asked out of sudden

"Do I have a feeling for you in your dimension?" Sehun continued. I had told The Seven that all of them were actually my friends. I did not tell them about Sehun and I. It was a little surprising that the same thing happened in this dimension. I promised myself that I would solve the relationship between Kai, Sehun and I when I got back.

"Ummm" I hummed to his question. Sehun quirked his eyebrow.

"I guess?"

"You guess?"

"You don't say anything to me but….I don’t know! You act like a jerk around me but then you care for me, making me confuse-" Sehun stopped me with his kiss.

"That's mean I like you, stupid!"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....................................................................................

I woke up to the rays of sunlight piercing brightly through my window. I felt my body was wrapped in someone's arm. I turned around slowly and faced him. Sehun was still asleep. His hair covered half of his eyes. His look was perfect even when he was asleep. I smiled unknowingly, gazing at his handsome feature.

I swore I would clear up everything between Sehun and I in my dimension. I could not agree no more that I had feeling for him and so was he! I traced Sehun cheek gently when suddenly Sehun's eyes fluttered open.

"Morning, sweetheart" Sehun creased a smile and pulled me closer to him. I snuggled in his arm and placed my head on his wide chest, hearing his pounding heart.

"Sehun, we have to wake up before-"

"Shhhhh..let's sleep just for a few more minutes. I'm still sleepy" I heard Sehun whispered. Memory of last night made me blush.

"Wake up! It's almost afternoon! Wake up!!" Baekhyun's voice startled both of us, making us flinched. Sehun groaned and shot up, running his fingers through his hair.

"Mirae?" Baekhyun asked from outside.

"Yes! I'm awake!" I shouted as I sat up on my bed lazily.

"Good. Wake Sehun up. Remind him, he's in charge for lunch today. Don't ever think of skipping his duty" Heat rose to my cheek. I was dead with all their tease after this! Sehun shook his head and got up from bed. He took his clothes and looked at me.

"Human alarm has rung so I guess I have to go" He said as he buttoned his shirt. I chuckled. Baekhyun was the best alarm and I could not agree no more.

"See you later" I said when Sehun had fully dressed. He cracked a smile before walking out of my room.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"I want the big one!" Chanyeol whined. I shook my head and fed him the bigger slice of apple that he pointed.

"Baekhyun wants too!" Baekhyun sat in front of me and opened his mouth wide. I giggled at their childish behaviour.

"You're such a busybody!" Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun giddily. Baekhyun stuck out his tongue in respond.

"It's enough guys" I stopped them and fed Baekhyun a slice. Chanyeol crossed his arm and pouted. I let out a chuckle and pinched Chanyeol on his nose.

"Mirae!" Chanyeol growled, causing Baekhun and I burst out laughing.

"What's so funny here?" suddenly Sehun appeared and plunged himself on the couch beside me. He placed his arm around my shoulder, causing my heart to pound out of beat.

"Look what we got here" Chanyeol interlaced his fingers with gusto.

"A lovey-dovey couple is here" Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol and they both burst into a huge laughter. Sehun grabbed a cushion on the couch and threw it to them. I let out a chuckle. Looking at Chanyeol and Sehun could play around together again somehow lifted a burden from my shoulder.

"Mirae. Someone wants to see you" Suho suddenly appeared with a guest, making everyone freeze. The surrounding became automatically silent. The guest showed himself. I gulped. Sehun impulsively removed his arm on my shoulder.

"Han Mirae. Can we talk? Just a moment"

Kai..what are you doing here?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time. "Please Mirae. Have a dinner with me tonight. There is something I want to tell you" Kai's words echoed in my mind. A sigh escaped from my mouth. I stared at the soft pink gown I was wearing. Then my gaze traveled to my long straight hair that was neatly combed.

"Don't you think you're too beautiful tonight?" Sehun suddenly barged in. I creased a smile upon seeing him. He paced closer to me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Jongin will be head over heels for you" Sehun said. I took his hand and clutched it tightly.

"You have to trust me. I'm going to clear everything with him tonight. Don't worry" I assured. Sehun let out a sigh. I was aware of his anxiety when I agreed to meet Kai tonight. I knew he was afraid that I would return to Kai after I met him but that was not happening because I had made my decision. I did not want to lie to myself anymore. I placed my arm around Sehun's waist and hugged him.

"I love you" I murmured. Sehun hugged me back and my hair gently.

"Mirae, let's-" Chen freeze. We immediately pulled away from each other, startled by Chen's sudden appearance.

"S-sorry. I-I don't mean to disturb both of you" Chen scratched his hair. I could feel heat was rising to my cheek. Sehun cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair.

"W-we have to go now Mirae" Chen reminded. I nodded.

Chen was chosen to accompany me to the royal palace. That was the condition given by Suho to Kai when he wanted to invite me for a dinner. He was afraid something bad would happen. Chen had remarkable sword skill so he was selected. He could protect me in case Hayoung appeared again. Suho also asked Chen to keep an eye on Kai. It was possible Hayoung might disguise as Kai. Sehun wanted to go but I rejected the idea in the first place. Sehun and Kai in one place? Definitely was a no-no! Besides, Sehun was not fully healed. If something really happened, I afraid his injury would became severe.

"Be careful" Sehun whispered to my ear before I left my room with Chen.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

Neither I nor Kai uttered a word. After we had our dinner, we just stared at each other blankly. Chen was standing a few steps away, still on guard. His gaze did not leave Kai even for a second. Every time the royal maids came in to serve food, Chen's stare pierce through them as if they were murderers. I would be lying if I said I did not feel nervous. With the thought of being killed and Kai in front of me were more than enough to give me a great pressure.

"Mirae" Kai finally spoke up after a long awkward silent. I lifted my head to face Kai. He took my hand and brought it into his.

"Mirae I'm sorry about that night. I know you're shock with my sudden proposal but I just want you to know that I really love you. I'm really sincere towards you" I could see sincerity written on his face, making me guiltier. I inhaled a deep breath and pulled my hand from his grasp. I put my hand on his and looked into his eyes.

"Kai, listen here. I-" Kai put his index finger on my lips.

"Let me finish mine first" Kai retorted.

"Mirae, I've been thinking about this all over again and again. My decision won't change" Kai paused.

He took a deep breath before continued "Mirae, let me ask you again. Will you marry me?" Kai proposed again. It was like a big stone was dropped on top of my head, giving me a headache. I cleared my throat.

"Jongin, I-" A knock came from the door. Chen opened the door, letting a maid came in after making sure she did not bring anything dangerous. I pulled my hand impulsively from Kai. The maid brought dessert for us. After she placed it on the table, she bowed and made her way out.

"Kai, I-"

"Taste some. Our chef's dessert is the best!" Kai scooped some and brought it into his mouth.

I sighed. Kai was obviously showing that he refused to listen now so I decided to wait until he finished with his dessert. I took a spoon to my mouth and savored the taste. Kai was right. The taste was irresistible. I wanted to take another spoon when suddenly I felt like the layer of air around me was thinning. I gasped for air.

"Mirae!!!!" Chen screamed and ran towards me. Kai also stood up and rushed to my side.

"It's the dessert!!" Chen yelped. Hell, it's the maid! I tried to tell Chen but I was really out of breath. I really felt like dying.

"Mirae! Hold on!" I could see tears was swelling in Kai's eyes. I felt his arm around my waist, wrapping me gently. Using the dissipating strength left in me, I caressed his cheek and gave him a weak smile. My time was running out. Tears were running down my cheek as I remembered all the faces that I love. I failed. Hayoung won. She killed me.

"I'm sorry" I murmured. I saw Chen was crying and it broke my heart.

"Han Mirae!!!" I heard Kai screamed before I closed my eyes, ready to leave the world eternally.  

 

 

Poison 'apple' is here guys~ remember the next plot? XD  By the way thanks for reading and subscribing =D