chapter 5

Snow White

"It's five not six you dumb!" Sehun swung the muffins that I had packed in front of my face. 

"You said it is six earlier you stupid!" I defensed myself.

"I don't remember I've said that. Do it again! Do you want the customer to be disappointed? Our bakery never get any complain and I don't want you to start it!" Sehun glared at me. He put down the muffins and passed it to me. He continued checking the customers' order, leaving me prepared the orders alone. Why did he have to be this mean? Where was the caring and loving Sehun yesterday? Was I imagining thing last night? Was he drunk last night? 

"Han Mirae! Can you please be a bit faster? Those muffins have to be delivered in 15 minutes! You slow idiot!" Sehun growled. Ugh this guy really got into my nerves! He was so damn annoying! Baekhyun was scheduled to serve the customers today. So today I had to be with Sehun. I thought Sehun had changed after last night incident but I was wrong.

"I know ! I know! Can you please stop bossing me around? You're being annoying! If you want me to be faster, then you have to help me you jerk!" I rebutted. I couldn't let this jerk bossing me. Did he think he could make me listen to him after what he did last night? No! Sehun scoffed and continued with his job. He really did not want to help me huh? 

What's the matter with him?

Does he have two different personalities?

Did I mistake him with someone else?

I don't think so. 

It was Oh Sehun yesterday.

The one that offered me his warmth.

The one that made my heart beat unstable.

"Why do you look at me like that?" Sehun stopped my thought. I was thinking so much that I did not realize I was gazing at him.

"No-nothing" I stuttered and quickly shifted my eyes towards the muffins in front of me.

"Something happened last night, right? It was because I found my cloak beside your bed this morning. Mirae. Listen here. What ever happen last night I wish you will forget them because I was not in my right mind. I don't even remember what happen. I was drunk" Sehun explained without being asked. So he was drunk? It made sense. Why would he do something like that especially to me? He hated me. I knew it from the start but why did I feel… mad?

Keep your mind straight Han Mirae! 

"Nothing happened. It was cold last night and I just grabbed any cloak. I don't know it was yours. If I knew it was yours, I wouldn’t even use it!" I huffed.

"Good then" he smirked. 

"Mirae, could you please replace me for a while? I want to…." Suho pointed outside. I raised my eyebrows. He looked like he wanted to pee.

"Pee?" Suho shyly nodded. He was cute when he looked at me with his puppy-looked! I let out a chuckle. As soon as I agreed, he ran as fast as he could and within minutes he was out of sight. 

"I guess you have to do it alone now!" I laughed and hurriedly ran to the front to replace Suho. Serve you right Oh Sehun! I could hear him whining and whining but I did not care. 

"Welcome-" I was speechless. Kai was standing in front of me. No, Prince Jongin was standing in front of me. I was trembling. My heart was starting to beat fast. 

"Are you surprised to see me here, pretty lady?" He chuckled. I swallowed hard. I missed his voice. I missed his seductive smile. I wanted to hug him.

"Sorry I surprised you. I just want to make sure you are fine. You looked so sick yesterday." Kai continued when I did not give any respond. 

"I-I am fine, Ka-Kai, sorry, your highness" I stuttered. I bowed and slapped my mouth. Why I’m being stupid?

"You know my nickname? Not everyone know" Kai giggled. Stop it! I was gasping for air here because of you!

"I heard the King called you Kai yesterday" I excused. So he is Kai too in this dimension? How wonderful!

"Oh yes! But the commoners do not call me that actually" Kai looked at me in bewilderedness.

"Sorry your highness, I don't mean to-"

"But it's okay because I like it when you call me Kai. Just call me that" Kai snapped.

"Your highness!" Suho came in and quickly bowed. 

"I'm sorry I don't recognized you, your highness. How rude I’m" Suho appologized. 

Baekhyun who was standing leisurely waiting for customers was also surprised. They couldn't recognize him as he was wearing a cloak. Baekhyun immediately bowed to show his respect. 

"What can I help you, your highness?" Suho asked politely. It was kind of amusing to see how much they respect him. I still was not used to see Kai being a prince.

"Will you help me ask this lady to come with me?" Kai took off his cloak so that his face could be seen clearly. Suho looked at me and smiled meaningfully. I could see Baekhyun was doing 'fighting' sign to me behind Kai. 

"I take it as yes. So, may I? "Kai drew his hand to me. I could hear Baekhyun and Suho giggled silently as I took Kai's hand. I glared at them. I was lucky Chanyeol and Chen were busy baking at the back. If they were here, I swear Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen would team up to tease me until they sick of it which they never did!

“Have a nice date, my princess!” Baekhyun whispered to my ears as I walked pass him. I rolled my eyes and punched him lightly on his shoulder. I turned my head and saw Chanyeol and Chen were mimicking Kai and me. I didn’t realize they were here! They must had already done their job back there .I was so dead after this! Before I turned around, I saw Sehun was staring at me and Kai. I gulped.

 

Why does he look at me like that?

 

And why…

 

Something suddenly flashed into my mind.

 

“Woah what was that?” Kai said as I pulled away. He tried to sound angry but he was such a terrible actor! I knew he liked it. His expression explained everything.

“A punishment for not coming and for talking too much. Besides, nobody is here so it’s okay right?” I responded before I heard a deep voice snapped.

This time I saw it clearly ..

“I’m here you idiot!”

Oh Sehun..

               My eyes widen in bewilderment. I had meet Sehun in my dimension! But, what was our relationship? Who was he in my life? Why did I feel something strange inside? I drowned in my own thought. Kai spun around when he noticed me stopped abruptly.

“What’s the matter?” Kai’s voice cut my deep thought.

“Nothing. Let’s go” I smiled again and we both walked out from the bakery.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I held on the bridle tightly throughout the journey. My hands were sweating as it was the first time I rode a horse! This horse was surely fast! Kai put his arms around my waist to prevent me from falling. He pulled me closer that I could smell his scent. A very luring scent.

"This is really your first time riding a horse?" Kai shouted a little because the wind blew so hard I barely heard him.

"Yeah!" I shutted my eyes because the dust kept getting into my eyes. Kai chuckled. I blushed in embarrassment. I was from another dimension! How did you expect me riding a horse as transportation? We used cars!

"Where are we going?" I changed the subject. Kai did not tell me anything since we left the bakery. He would not do something bad to me anyway as Suho already said that their personalities in each dimension were same and I knew Kai was not that kind of person.

"Be patient my dear. We're already here anyway" Kai chuckled. I squinted to see what was in the front but I couldn't see well. This dust particle was killing me! Then, Kai pulled the bridle and the horse halted.

I opened my eyes and saw a castle. My eyes widen in amazement. I never saw a real castle before. I couldn't believe I can see one! Kai jumped down the horse and helped me who was still awkward with this horse riding stuff.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as my feet landed on the ground.

Kai just smiled and walked along the padded path. Didn't his muscle tired from smiling? I followed him behind. I looked around. The scenery was breathtaking! The trees, the bushes, the waterfall, all the sceneries you could only see in a fairytale were here! The grass looked so soft you wanted to lay yourself on it. I was too mesmerized by the scenery I nearly bumped into Kai. I looked up and we were only inches away from each other. I swallowed hard. His scent was driving me crazy! I stepped back.

"Sorry your highness-"

"Kai" Kai corrected me.

" Sorry Kai. I was-" I stuttered

"I know this place is beautiful but it cannot surpass yours" was Kai flirting with me just now? Wow this prince really knew how to hit on girl! I blushed.

"You look really cute when you are blushing. Come on! I want to show you something" Kai winked at me and slipped his hand in mine. My heart pounded as we walked while holding hands. I glanced at Kai. There was really no different from Kai that I had known. His features, his smile, his brown hair, everything.

"I know I'm handsome but you have to look in front or you will fall" I rolled my eyes and looked away and blushed again. I couldn’t stop myself from blushing today. I heard Kai chuckled.

"We're here" I gasped in awe. Such a picturesque view! This place was like a house for flowers! Roses, daisies, sunflowers and even rare flowers were all here! There were even flowers that I didn’t know their names.

Kai let my hand go and gave me a chance to wander around. This place was like a heaven! The design was impressive. The flowers were arranged in a circle and each circle had different type of flowers and colors and at the center there was a fountain with floral design. There were some birds playing and chirping happily in the fountain but fled away as soon they saw us coming closer. My eyes wandered around and stopped at one corner. I stepped closer and crouched down. Iris . Another piece of memory flashed into my mind. My mother's favorite. She had this flowers planted in a small garden we had. I remembered how much she loved gardening. I remembered her smile. Wait! I remember her! My tears suddenly were rolling down my cheeks.

"Do you like them?" Kai touched my shoulder gently and crouched beside me. I quickly wiped my tears.

"Y-yes. I do" he couldn't see me cry. I did not want to mess up his mood with my problem. I wanted to pick the flower but Kai was also doing the same thing. Our hands touched. I turned my head and found that Kai was looking at me with his decent eyes. My heart was pounding as our eyes locked but it was different from.... Sehun's. I didn't know what is different but sure it was. I immediately looked away and cleared my throat. Kai rubbed his neck and stood up.

"Want to have a brisk walk around this area?" Kai said to break the awkward silence.

"Sure" I responded shortly. I stood up and we began walking around. 

"I like this place. It gives me calmness and serenity. Whenever I'm troubled, I will come here and talked to the flowers" Kai broke the silence. Kai looked at me and chuckled before he continued

"You must think I'm crazy, right? Talking to a flower" Kai shook his head and ruffled his own hair.

"No. I think it was cute" I replied.

"My mom also does the same thing whenever she was troubled. She said flowers are good listeners. Better than humans. As we talk to them, it's like our problems are swallowed into the soil and give the flowers the strength to grow healthier and prettier" I repeated my mom's words. The memory of us really returned clearly. I clearly remembered how we used to help each other in her garden with my sister. My sister and I took turn watering the flowers while my mom removed all the weeds. My heart stuffed as I recalled that happy moments of ours.

"Where is your mom?" Kai asked. What should I say? Would he believe me if I say my mom is in another dimension?

"I'm sorry if my question is sensitive" Kai apologized when I stayed silence.

"No. It's okay. I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I promise I will tell you later when I'm ready" I shook my head.

"Later? That's mean you will see me again" Kai giggled. I blushed when Kai suddenly cupped my cheeks.

"We will meet again for sure because I think I'm interested in you. No!" Kai stopped for a while before he continued

"I have fallen for you"