chapter 21

Snow White

My eyes fluttered open. My head was throbbing so hard that I cringed. "You're awake" Sehun's gentle voice hit my eardrums. I looked around to look for The Seven but only Sehun and I were here. The Ghost Armours were all gone. The sky was dark and the full moon was already up. I immediately shot up.

"Where are the others? What happened to the guards? How long did I pass out? Is it almost dawn? We did not make it?" I spurted out.

"Calm down Mirae. We make it. Don't worry. The castle was over there" Sehun pointed to a creepy looking massive castle not far from our spot. I let out a sigh of relief. I tried to get back on my feet but Sehun pulled me down. I threw him a confused look. He ignored it and tore the end of his cloak. He leaned closer and pressed the shred of his cloak against my forehead. I flinched.

"Let me clean your wound first" Sehun said. The piece of memories that just came back flooded in my mind. I remembered how hard I tried to avoid Sehun, all the phone calls from him that I had rejected, the look on Sehun's face when he saw me with Kai, all. I remembered all of them. We liked each other but both of us were in freaking denial. 

I stared at Sehun's feature as he cleaned my wound. He took care of my wound carefully and gently. Suddenly I longed for Sehun. The dream I just had seemed so long. I felt so distance from him in my dream.

"Done" Sehun creased a smile. I kept staring at him. I really missed him.

"Why?" I shook my head and placed my arm around his waist, wrapping him in my embrace.

"What's wrong?" Sehun asked softly. I pulled him closer to me.

"I love you" I murmured. Sehun hugged me back and my hair gently.

"Mirae? Sehun?" A voice startled both of us. Both of us pulled away from each other. The black silhouette became clearer as they came closer. They were Suho, Baekhyun, Kris, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Chen. Chanyeol and Kris were supporting Baekhyun. Baekhyun's left leg was bleeding! I rushed towards him. Baekhyun's face was full of sweat, implying the pain that he endured. Kris and Chanyeol put him down.

"Baekhyun! What happened?" I stared at his bleeding leg. The shred of clothes used to stop the bleeding was already soaked by his blood. I darted my gaze to Baekhyun. He smiled weakly at me.

"The guard got to grazed his leg" Chanyeol informed.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"They suddenly disappeared after Sehun brought you away. We suspected them to after both of you so we rushed here. It's a relief that both of you are fine" Suho replied.

"We have to enter the castle now or we can't make it" Chen reminded.

"But Baekhyun..." I looked at Baekhyun who was helpless. No way he could defend himself in his state. He could die! I did not want any of us lost their life in this attempt.

"Just leave me here, my princess. I can take care of myself" Baekhyun muttered. His voice sounded so weak and he said he could take care of himself?! What the hell was he thinking?! I shook my head frantically.

"No! I won't leave you!" I said sternly.

"I will stay with him. Go Mirae. This is your chance to go back. Don't let us down" Chanyeol said. The others nodded. Baekhyun smiled reassuringly and mouthed 'go'. I sighed. Chanyeol was right. This was my chance. My last chance. If I failed this, I will never get back to my dimension. I took a deep breath and got back on my feet.

"Let's go"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

We were stared by ten wolves. They were growling and drooling. We managed to enter Hayoung's castle but we were stopped by these creatures. I gulped as I looked at the wolves. They looked like they wanted to eat us alive. Yes, they were.

"Kyungsoo, bring Mirae away. Find the pearl. We will settle it here" Suho whispered. Kyungsoo nodded and grabbed me by my wrist. Kyungsoo dragged me with him to the staircase. A wolf tried to chase us but Sehun's arrow sunk into its body. Blood spurted out like water.

"Run!" Sehun shouted. Kyungsoo and I fastened our pace. We climbed up the stairs as fast as our feet could bring us. I could see them fought from upstairs. The floor was full of blood. The wolves were not giving them a chance. They kept attacking furiously.

"Mirae! Hurry! We have to look for the pearl!" Kyungsoo pulled me when he realized I did not budge. I let Kyungsoo leaded me to a suspicious looking door. He carefully opened the door and made his way in. I followed him behind. This place was very vast. Spider webs were everywhere. The stuff here was disorganized. Portraits were hanging upside down. The portraits were creepy. There were a portrait of bloody hand, human's organs, scary looking old woman and many more I did not even dare to look at.

"Wait. There's someone here" Kyungsoo suddenly stopped and took out his sword. I turned my head to his gaze direction. I nearly screamed when I saw a silhouette near the window. It was shocking me to death! Especially in a creepy room like this! Kyungsoo stepped closer. I clutched Kyungsoo's arm tightly as I followed him. When we were close enough, we saw a man lying helplessly on the floor. Both of his legs were chained to the wall. Kyungsoo and I exchanged glances. Suddenly, the man moved. Kyungsoo ed the sword towards him hastily.

"Please. Don't kill me" the man spoke up. His voice seemed familiar to me. The man looked up to us revealing his face which full of scars. His lips cracked. His cheek had turned purple. His eyes were swollen. I gasped when I recognized him. I crouched down to him. Tears started to form in my eyes. His state was so pitiful.

"Luhan..what happened to you?" Luhan cringed when I traced my finger on his face. What did Hayoung had done to him?! What did he do to deserve all this?! Hayoung was insane!

"You know him?" Kyungsoo asked. I nodded.

"Mirae..I'm so sorry. I..I..I lied to you" Luhan said weakly. He sounded like he did not eat for a long time.

"No. It's okay Luhan. You have to get out of here first" I shook my head. He did not have to apologize for not coming that day. It was not a big deal compared to his state right now! He was dying!

"No Mirae. I lied to you. I'm not a good friend to you. I'm not!" Luhan looked like he almost cried.

"It's okay if you did not keep your promise that day. I understand" I patted him on the shoulder.

"It's not that Mirae" Luhan lowered his head.

"Then?" I raised a brow.

"I'm Hayoung's servant. I'm the one who was assigned to kill you"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

Luhan’s POV

"Yes my lady" I kneeled down in front of Hayoung. Even it had been years since I first served her, my legs still trembled when I had to face her. The memories of her killing my dad in front me made me scared of her. I did not have any choice. For the sake of my mom to stay alive, I had to serve Hayoung.

"Find this cottage. Keep your eyes on this girl" Hayoung said. I looked up to see the girl she mentioned. I saw an image of a beautiful girl appeared on Hayoung's mirror. Her hair was long and black. She had double eyelids and round eyes. Her lips was pink in colour. She had a lips that every guy wanted to kiss. She had a dimple which made her smile so sweet. To make things simple, she could make any guy fell for her. Even my heart skipped a beat when I saw her.

"Yes my lady" I nodded and excused myself. I wanted to know why Hayoung was interested to this girl but I knew better that I should not ask. I never tried to go against her. Not even once. I was afraid she would harm my mom. I was afraid she would kill her. It had been a long time since I met my mom. I did not know whether she would recognize me or not. The thought of my mom always made me strong and persevered in any difficulties. Again, the thought of her made me determined to find this girl. For the sake of my mom, I would find this girl and made Hayoung proud of me!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….................................................................

I was drenched with sweat. My chest moved up and down to inhale more oxygen. I was nearly shot by an arrow by one of the girl's men! Luckily Hayoung did not shut down my power so I could still use it. I had telekinesis power so I could easily dodge his arrow by diverting its direction. I guessed he did not give up as he ran after me! I got on my horse just on time so he did not able to catch me. The dark night was also helping me. He did not see my face.

 I took a lungful of air before facing the Gwen. I knocked the massive door in front of me. "Come in" I heard Hayoung said. I opened the door and paced slowly towards Hayoung who was sitting on her throne. As usual, she was looking at her reflection in the mirror. I kneeled in front of her while lowering my head.

"Did you find the cottage?" Hayoung asked in a soft sarcastic tone.

"Yes my lady. It's situated not far from the town. The girl is staying with seven guys. Her name is Han Mirae" I reported. 

"Does she have any speciality? The seven guys?" Hayoung asked.

"No my lady. She is normal. The seven guys too" I shook my head. Hayoung smirked and then laughed sarcastically.

"What do you want me to do next?" I asked curiously. Many questions were lingering in my head when I spied on Mirae. She seemed so kind and harmless. Did Hayoung want a new servant? Did Mirae have something she wanted? Those kinds of questions kept repeating in my mind like a replay button. Hayoung shook her head.

"It's okay Luhan. Your job is done for now. You may go" she demanded. I nodded and made my way out. Before I left, I accidentally heard her spoke to her mirror.

"She is nothing but a mere damsel. I will never loss against her!" I heard Hayoung said. Mirae can defeat her? But Mirae seems normal. I put my ears against the door to hear clearly.

"You never know what she can do to you. How can you be so sure my lady?" an eerie voice came from the mirror.

"Get rid of her is the best option my lady. You don't want anyone to come near your Gweniour, right my lady?" The mirror continued. Yes, the Gweniour! Her weakness. I knew where she put the Gweniour because I once saw her went to a secret room underground. She placed the Gweniour in the middle of the room and she had chanted a spell on it so that nobody could touch it. She also kept her sister, Hana, who was put asleep in a capsule in the same room. I pitied her sister but I could not do anything because I too had a responsibility to save my mom.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

I watched Mirae and the seven guys from far as they sang and laughed happily with each other. A mixed feeling suddenly struck me. It had been a long time since I had the feeling of having friends, the feeling of freedom, the feeling of being loved. I missed those feelings.

 I stared at Mirae who was smiling brightly as the guys cheered her up. Did she really can defeat Hayoung? She really looked harmless. In my opinion, she should not be killed but of course I did not have the chance to speak up. Sometimes I hated myself for having such a tender heart because it bothered me too much when I was working with such a heartless human like Hayoung. Wait, she was not a human. She was not deserved to be called as human.

I sighed as they disappeared from my sight. I got back on my horse and returned to Hayoung's castle.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………......................................................................

I cringed as more blood spurted out from my arm. I shut my eyes close and bit my lower lips to bear the pain. Damn tiger! It bit me right on my arm! How could I do not realize it was behind me? Once again, my telekinesis helped me. I managed to escape. 

"Hey, are you okay?" A sweet voice hit my eardrum. I could feel her gentle touch on my uninjured arm. I flinched from her sudden action. I opened my eyes and saw a girl was staring at me concernedly.

I could not believe what my eyes saw right now. Han Mirae who was hated by my master was crouching beside me, asking about my condition. I knew I could not be this soft. I could not fell for her concern. I huffed and tried to get back on my feet. I have to go!

Suddenly I felt her grasp around my wrist, pulling me back down. "Wait! You're bleeding. Let me help you" I saw her tore the lower part of her dress. I gazed at her as she wound the shred of her dress around my injured arm. I could not help but feeling touched by her concern. It felt so nice when someone really cared for me.

"Done!" she creased a smile which made my heart skipped a beat. It was my first time that my heart was beating this fast. I hastily stood up and walked away without sparing a look at her. When I was sure I was far enough from her, I looked back and saw her walking away.

"Thank you, Han Mirae" I muttered. A smile formed on my face unknowingly.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................

"She worked together with the seven guys. They have a bakery in the town. They walk to work together and go back together late in the evening. She always been together with the guys and they are protective towards her" I informed Hayoung.

She ordered me to collect information about Mirae's daily life. I went to their bakery for four days just to be sure about her schedule. I could not help but to be attracted by her. The way she joked around the guys especially these two guys, Baekhyun and Chanyeol if I was not mistaken, the way she served the customers, the way she fought with this guy named Sehun, all! I liked it. I guessed that Sehun guy liked her, but she did not seem to notice.

I also tended to stay at their bakery longer just to see her. Their muffin was delicious too that I ordered over and over. They must think that I was weird! Nevermind. As long as I could see Mirae, it was fine. Before she was killed by Hayoung, I wanted to see her face.

"Good. Are the guys good in a fight?" Hayoung asked.

"I guess because-" I stopped when Hayoung suddenly got down from her throne and grabbed me by the neck.

"What do you mean by I guess?! You mean you don't know?! What are you doing all these days?!" I gasped for air but Hayoung's grasp was getting stronger that I felt like I was dying.

"I-I'm s-sorry m-my lady" I begged for her forgiveness. Fortunately, Hayoung let me go and threw me against the wall. I felt like my bones were cracked into thousand pieces but it was better than being choked to death.

"You know what I can do to your mom right? So you better do it right. Get HellDrag. Find out how strong her protectors are" Hayoung ordered. The thought of my mom flashed into my mind. 

"Yes my lady"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….................................................................

“So... the weather is nice huh?" I heard Mirae said but I just remained silent. I was waiting for the right time. Right time to kill her. I got order from Hayoung to kill Mirae. Judging from the guys' 'achievement' during their encounter with HellDrag, it was better to kill Mirae without them around.

I disguised as the prince's guard. The royal guard always had their face covered so she would not recognize me. Mirae remained silent. I sighed. I did not believe that the time had come to kill her and I was the one that did that. It was the first time in my life I found someone who cared about me other than my parents and I was going to kill that person. I felt really bad but the thought of my mom surpassed everything. I stopped my steps when I was sure we were far enough. I grasped my sword tightly. I'm sorry Mirae.

"What's wrong?" Mirae asked. I took a lungful of air before spinning around and ed my sword to her. She impulsively stepped away from me.

"What are you doing?!" She shouted. Her eyes reflected her fear. It was weakening me but I shook away that thought. I walked closer to her as she stepped backwards. She tripped on a stone and fell on the ground. This is the right time Luhan!

I swung my sword high, ready to my sword. She closed her eyes, making me felt guiltier. My hand trembled as I watched her in such a great fear. Remember your mom Luhan! Your mom! I took a deep breath and slashed my sword to her but another thing happened. Suddenly someone pulled her away and my sword hit the person instead of Mirae. I was sure he was one of the guys but I could not see his face because his back was facing me.  I stepped away and leave.

Mission failed!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I sat by the riverbank, thinking about my future which had turned really dark. "That boy is an idiot, thinking about her dead mom over and over! Mom and son, both are idiot!" Hayoung's words pierced through my heart. How dare she lie to me?! What am I thinking? She is heartless ! I accidentally heard her talking to her mirror when I was about to tell her about the incident. That was when I knew my mom was already dead and Hayoung broke her promise!

I was staring blankly at the river when suddenly I spotted rabbits were coming closer. They were so cute that I could not stop looking at them! I moved closer to them while crouching down so that I would not scare them.

"Hey little cutie come here" I chuckled as the cutest one came closer to me. I was so into the rabbits that I did not even realize someone was crouching beside me.

"Cute isn't it? Its name is Leya" I heard a voice. I was so surprised that I fell on my !

"Hey are you okay? Sorry I startle you" The person said. I swept away my bangs that covered my eyes and lift my head to see the person. I felt a lump was forming inside my throat.

"Hey! I know you! We met here, remember? You also came to the bakery, right?" Mirae shrieked excitedly. A feeling of guilty suddenly struck me. She treated me so nice and I almost killed her! I was glad she survived that day. If she died I would never forgive myself.

"Let me help you" a smile creased on her face as she extended her hand. I took it hesitantly. I brushed away all the dust on my cloak as I got back on my feet

"Here. Hold her. She likes it when someone her. She will like you" she snugged a rabbit into my arm. I did not know what I should do so I just shifted my eyes to the rabbit and it gently.

"Wow. Her fur is so soft" I murmured. I was not joking but it really was soft! I felt tempted to her again and again.

"Yeah. I know" she replied. Wait, I just talked to Mirae? It was my first line with her and I did not know why I felt excited. I slowly lift my head up and I caught het staring at me. My heart started to pound like crazy. She immediately looked away and so did I.

"By the way, my name is Mirae. You?" Mirae suddenly asked. I put Leya down and looked into her beautiful eyes. I took a deep breath before telling her my name.

"Luhan. My name is Luhan"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I fixed my hair for the last time. I was going to see Mirae today and I could not help but feeling excited to meet a friend. I would be lying if I said I did not fall for her but I knew she liked someone else. She liked one of the guys she was staying with. Sehun. I knew him well because of my job before. So I just wanted to keep my feeling and stayed as her friend. That was more than enough for me. I went to the river as we promised yesterday. I found her so miserable like something big was bugging her.

“What's wrong?" I asked concernedly.

"You look like a mess" I flashed a smile and tucked out a strand of hair from her face. My heart skipped a beat when I touched her so I quickly pulled my hand away.

"Now, you look gorgeous" I complimented. I chuckled as I saw her face reddened. I swore she was so cute when she blushed!

"You come?" she raised her brow. I threw my confused look. Did I hear it wrong yesterday?

"Of course. I promised you yesterday remember?" I murmured.

"Oh yes. Of course I remember" she gave me a short smile and darted her sight to the river. I heard her sigh.

"What's the matter? About your necklace?" I asked even though I knew where it was. Of course I knew because I was the one who took it when she played in the water. It was not a tough job since I did not have to lay a finger to have the necklace. My power was the best! That ordered me to do it. I did not know the reason but I knew she had a bad intention.

"No. It's not that. I've decided to let it go. There is nothing I can do with it" she replied. She sat down on the dry leaves and hugged her knees. I did the same and sat beside her.

"Luhan?"

"Yes?" I turned his head to her when she called my name.

"What will you do if you like a girl but that girl is being with someone else?" Her question struck me. I like you but you like someone else Mirae.

"I will forget about her and try to move on" I answered her and forced a smile

"But that girl actually likes him too" she snapped.

"Then why would she be with someone else?" I looked at her strangely. Her question was weird.

"Why?" I quirked my eyebrow.

"Nothing" she shook her head frantically. I hide my smile. She was having a love problem. I knew exactly who was she talking about. She was having a conflict to choose between the prince and Sehun. I did not know why she chose that prince at first but it seemed she was about to realize that she liked Sehun. She seemed to refuse to tell me more so I just shrugged and looked around.

"Where is Leya?" I changed the topic.

"Leya?" Mirae looked around. We stood up and looked for her behind the bushes. We saw her sniffled a rotten apple.

"No Leya! Don't eat that thing!" I picked her up and snuggled her into my arms. I heard Mirae chuckled.

"Why do you laugh?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Nothing" she replied shortly. I put Leya down and took out a carrot from my leather sling bag and fed Leya.

"Do you come alone?"  I asked as I Leya.

"No. I come with a friend"  Mirae answered as she crouched beside me. I glanced sneakily at her. She looked bothered by her problem that her smile looked so weak.

"Mirae, want to hear a story to boost up your mood?" I creased a smile.

"Why not?" she remarked. So I told her some old jokes my mom always told me when I was little. She laughed so hard that her stomach hurt. Then, we talked and talked until I heard someone called out for her. The time was up. She had to go.

"Your friend is looking for you. Go" I stood up and ruffled my hair. Mirae did not respond. She was gazing at me instead.

"Mirae? Your friend is calling for you" I waved my hand in front of her. I chuckled as I saw her blush.

"Am I that handsome?" You are caught Mirae!

"Mirae!! Where are you?!" I heard her friend called her again.

"I guess I have to go now. Thanks for today" I said. Before I managed to go, she grabbed my wrist. My heart was thumping so hard against my chest.

"Can we meet again, tomorrow maybe?"she asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Great! See you later! Bye! You're a good friend" she waved at me before walking away. Her words were like a knife stabbing me to death. I did not know if she would consider me as a friend or not if she knew who I was.

"I'm a bad friend, Mirae. Really bad" I muttered when she was out of my sight.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................................

I threw my gaze outside the window. Every part of my body felt so weak. After Hayoung knew about Mirae and I, she tortured me every day. She did not want to kill me yet. I assumed she enjoyed looking me so helpless without my power! She shut down my power as soon as I arrived at her castle.

She locked me in a cold, creepy room. She put a chain on my legs so that I could not escape. Luckily she did not starve me. I had once refused to eat but I ended up getting beaten up by her wolves.

“Mirae, I’m sorry for not keeping my promise. I’m sorry that I lie to you” I murmured as tears started to roll down my cheek.

 

 

 

I'm sorry because you have to read such a long chapter. I'm sorry if you find this chapter a little boring but it is important to know about Luhan =D by the way, thanks for reading and subscribing