chapter 17

Snow White

Special part 2!this is the last one.I don't want to make it longer. By the way it's double update~

 

"Didn't I tell you that you have to make it this way?!" I pointed to an example on a sheet of paper. Sehun looked at it blankly, throwing his innocent look on his face. He kept his bubble tea. I bound to know that Sehun was a bubble tea maniac. Whenever we worked together, I would see him with his bubble tea and if it was not his house, it would be bubble tea cafe. Today, it was bubble tea cafe.

Sehun finished the remaining bubble tea before answering. "Did you?"

"I'll do it again then" Sehun took the paper but I stopped him.

"No need to! I'll fix it!" I shoved the paper into my file. Sehun was totally a wreck partner! He kept doing mistake! I felt like I was the one that did everything! Okay, maybe Sehun contributed some of his idea. I admitted his idea was always brilliant that I did not even believe it came from him but still I hated him for not listening to me! Suddenly I heard his phone ringtone ringing.

"Yes?”

“Yura is what?! I'll be right there!" Sehun hung up his phone and cleared his stuff hastily.

"What's the matter? Yura is what?" Sehun ignored my question and stormed out of the cafe. Without wasting more times, I picked up my stuff and ran after Sehun. I jumped into the bus Sehun was on and plopped myself in the empty seat beside him.

"What happen to Yura?" I asked Sehun but he just stared outside of the window.

"Oh Sehun! Answer my question!" I raised my voice. Sehun turned his head to me and sighed.

"She passed out"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I covered Yura’s body with her pink blanket. Yura had a fever but her condition was getting better. I stared at Yura and her hair gently. Yura threw a fit because she longed for her mom. Sehun's parents were at Japan because of business. Yura kept crying, begging me to stay. So, I stayed beside her, soothed her until she was asleep.

"She's asleep?" Sehun asked from the door. I nodded. I stood up and walked to the door, pushing Sehun out of Yura's room.

"Have you called your mom?" I asked. Sehun ruffled his hair.

"She doesn't pick up her phone. My dad also" he sighed.

"Want to stay for dinner?" Sehun continued. I shook my head.

"My mom has called" Sehun nodded.

"Bye" I quickly made my way out because I felt the awkwardness between us. Suddenly Sehun grabbed me by my wrist, stopping me. I swirled my head to him.

"Thanks" Sehun smiled. Sehun smiles? At me? It's not a smirk but a smile. A sincere smile I rarely got and it made my heart melted for a second.

"Thanks too. You took me to the nurse's office that day" I replied his smile. Sehun nodded and let me go. I wanted to ask about that day I fainted but I guessed the time was not right. So I just let it go for now. When I was out of his house, a message came in and it was from Sehun.

Mirae, you have to do my part in the English project because I don't think I can finish it by tomorrow. Yura is sick, you know that right?

The annoying Sehun was back huh? Was he trying to use Yura as an excuse?! I scoffed.

Oh Sehun you're a piece of ! I don't believe I almost fall for your smile!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Sorry I'm late Mrs Kang" I apologized. Mrs Kang, my lab teacher nodded and signaled me to take my seat. Baekhyun quirked his eyebrow to me. Chanyeol threw his perplex look to me. Kai glanced at me. I ignored them and plopped myself on my chair. Hayoung swirled her head to me and smirked. I swore I wanted to strip her uniform!

Hayoung hid mine after PE class and caused me to be trapped in the changing room! What the hell was she thinking?! I sighed, trying to calm the anger that was boiling inside me. After a few deep breaths, I turned my head to Sehun who was sitting beside me. He was my lab partner. The teachers really wanted to put us together huh?

"Sehun, your blazer" I passed his blazer to him. If he was not there, I might still in the changing room, already crying. He took it and put the blazer on his shoulder without sparing his look to me.

"Thanks Sehun" I murmured, being careful so that Mrs Kang would not hear us. Sehun suddenly leaned closer to me, making my heart skipped a beat.

"I don't want you to take it wrong so you better listen. I helped you because I don't want you leave me here in this ing lab, doing all this alone!" Sehun whispered to my ear. I gulped. Sehun pulled away and a smirk was formed on his face. He paid his attention back to Mrs Kang.

It's not like it is the first time he said something harsh to me, but why do I feel....hurt? …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

"Congratulation Mirae!!!" Baekhyun hugged me tightly, making me hard to breath. "

Baekhyun stop it!" I shoved him away. Baekhyun giggled.

I won the tennis tournament! My opponent was undoubtedly strong but I got the hang of her tactics. The cheers from the spectators heated up the game. The supports I received from my friends were no joke too but to my disappointment, Kai was not here for me. He was in Busan, representing school bla bla bla. I tried to be an understanding girlfriend here, okay?

"We have to celebrate!" Chanyeol came and put his arm around Baekhyun and I.

"I thought you want to go stalking your Leya" Baekhyun smirked.

"Baekhyun! I'm not a stalker!" Chanyeol hit Baekhyun on his arm who was laughing.

"Leya? Who's that? It's a nickname or what?" I questioned.

"Yeah her nickname maybe. Chanyeol heard her friends called her Leya. He bumped into this girl when we were on our way home from our practice studio. It happened that the girl is also renting the studio next to ours. She's a dancer" Baekhyun explained. I shifted my eyes to Chanyeol who was blushing.

"And I guess Chanyeol likes her?" I let out a chuckle.

"Eonni!" I swirled my head to the voice. I saw Yura pranced to me.

"Yura! What are you doing here?" I lifted her and pecked her on her cheek.

"Of course I'm here to see you! I want to watch you play" Yura's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Sehun! You're here!" Chanyeol suddenly shouted. Sehun is here? Of course he is! His sister is here.  My heart skipped as Sehun paced closer to us.

"You come to see Mirae too? Wow bro! It's an improvement!" Baekhyun exclaimed. I felt my cheek was burning.

"In her dream!" Sehun huffed and glared at me before continuing."It's because of Yura. She forced me to come or she won't come out from her room! I missed my favorite show because of this petty thing!"

His words were piercing my heart. I bit my lower lips. Since when I become this sensitive towards this jerk?! Baekhyun and Chanyeol exchanged wary look, feeling the tension between us. I took a deep breath, put Yura down and walked closer to Sehun.

"Do you think I want to see your face here? I wish you never come! Anyway, you're just nothing but I really appreciate your effort to come for Yura" I said to his ears. I lowered my voice so that Yura would not hear us.

"Ummm guys, let's grab some ice cream or whatever because it's getting hot here, don't you think so Baekhyun?" Chanyeol spoke up before the situation between Sehun and I became worse.

"Yeah. I'm thinking the same thing too. Hey Yura. Let's have some ice cream!" Baekhyun lifted Yura who was excited to hear the word 'ice cream'.

"Let's go Mirae. Sehun, you too" Chanyeol grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me away from Sehun. I glowered angrily at him as I saw him smirk.

"Why do we have to tag that jerk along?!" I fumed.

"Because he is Yura's brother and Yura has to be with her brother. Besides, Sehun is my friend!" Chanyeol remarked. I groaned, knowing it was impossible to change Chanyeol's mind.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I sneakily glanced at Sehun who was focusing on his laptop, gathering some information online. I don't know why I'm bothered with this. Why should I care Sehun saw me kissing Kai at the hallway? Why?! I don't know what the hell is wrong with me!

"I know I'm handsome but please stop staring" Sehun cut my thought. I quickly drifted my eyes to the worksheets in front of me, pretending to be busy with the tasks.

"Who are staring at you? I'm looking at the portrait behind you! Anyway, why would I stare at a hideous jerk like you?" I denied. Sehun turned his head to me and smirked.

"Do you think I want to be stared at by an ugly witch like you?" Sehun scoffed.

"Ugly witch?!" I glowered at him. Sehun nodded.

"Yeah. Do you think you're pretty? You're the ugliest girl I've ever met in my life!" Sehun threw me his scrutinizing look. I rolled my eyes and was about to punch him when I got a call. Kai.

"Mirae! Are you free tomorrow?" Kai asked me. 

"Yeah. Of course. Why?" My voice automatically became cheerful. Sehun rolled his eyes, showing his disgust but I did not care.

"Let's have a date. It has been a while since we last spend some times together right?" Kai suggested.

"Sure!" I agreed immediately. I really longed for a date with Kai. I heard Kai chuckled. He informed me the place.

"So tomorrow at Lotte World. 6 pm. Got it!" I repeated.

"Bye. Love you too" I hang up the phone.

"Bye. Love you too" Sehun mimicked with annoyed tone in his voice. I glared at him.

"Why? Are you jealous?" My eyes pierced into his.

"Jealous my !" Sehun scoffed and shifted his eyes to his laptop. I gazed at him.

Why do I feel like you're being jealous?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

I checked my inbox for the umpteenth times already! Kai was late! It was already 7 but he still did not show up. I tried to call him but he did not answer. Should I just go? Or should I stay for a few minutes more? Just go! I'm wasting my time here.

I was about to stride away when someone called out my name.

"Han Mirae!" I turned around, hoping that it was Kai. The smile on my face disappeared when it was Sehun that I saw.

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you spying on me?" I sputtered.

"Yucks! Hello Miss Han. This is a public area. So it's up to me to be here or not!" Sehun's answer made sense. What am I thinking?! I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Where is Kai? I thought you're having a date with him" Sehun smirked. I ignored his question.

"Kai doesn't come, right?" I heard Sehun let out an evil laugh. I glared at him.

"He will come!" Then, a call came. My face brightened when I saw the caller name.

"Kai, where-"

"I'm sorry Mirae. I think I can't make it today. My father organized a company meeting without discussing with me. I have to follow him. I'm truly sorry" I heard disappointment in Kai's voice but I could not utter a word. My heart shatters into pieces already.

"Mirae? Are you there?"

"Umm. Yeah. It's fine" I tried to sound that I was fine when I was truly not!

"I'm sorry Mirae" Kai apologized.

"It's okay. There will be another time. Oh Kai. I got to go. Bye" I hung up the phone, feeling dejected.

"Kai is not coming right?" Sehun spoke up, reminding me he was still there, listening to the whole conversation.

 "Shut up jerk!" I glowered at him.

"Now, what are you going to do? Having some fun to forget all your sadness or go back home, mourning?" Sehun quirked his eyebrow.

"I'm going in. I won't mind if you want to follow" Sehun paced away, making his way to the main entrance. I did not know what was in my mind because I started to follow behind Sehun.

It's not wrong to enjoy myself after all the pathetic waiting right?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................

"I don't know you're a scaredy-cat!" Sehun laughed hysterically. I pouted.

"I thought my bone is going to scatter from your grasp!" Sehun muttered under his laugh. My cheek was burning red. I did not believe I held his arm all the way in the haunted house!

"Stop it!" I punched him on his arm but Sehun kept laughing like there was no tomorrow.

"I'm done!" I crossed my arms and strode away.

"Since when you're too sensitive? Scratch that face of yours! Let's check out another ride!" Sehun grabbed my wrist, sending a jolt of electricity all over my body. He dragged me amidst the crowds. His eyes roamed around the amusement park, searching for a fun ride. I stared at my hand that was locked in his as I was pulled by him. There was a sweet and soothing feeling that couldn't be described grown inside me. What is it?

"Let's ride that one!" Sehun halted and pointed to a carousel.

"Okay but Sehun, my hand" Sehun looked at our hands and impulsively let me go.

"S-sorry" he stuttered. Sehun rubbed the back of his neck out of embarrassment. I cleared my throat and uttered "Let's go"

It was not my first time to ride a carousel. I've rode it with my little sister, Jungmi a several times before but why I'm nervous? Is it because...

I glanced at Sehun beside me. Excitement was written all over his face. He laughed giddily as the carousel swirled. Sehun was clearly behaving like a kid and instead of annoying, I found him cute. I smiled unknowingly as I fixed my gaze at him.

The more I knew him, the more I found him adorable.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

"Oh my legs!" I hopped on a bench to release all the fatigue that was accumulating in my young body. We had been walking for almost 3 hours, riding this and that, trying all kind of games but it was fun! I admitted I really enjoyed myself with Sehun today. Sehun sat beside me and rested his head on his knuckles.

The crowd was decreasing as it was getting late. The colourful light was still shining brightly, brightening the whole park. In front of us, there was a fountain which changed its colour every minute. It was very stunning!

"Sehun" I called him to draw his attention. Sehun turned his head to me.

"Thanks for today" I uttered. "And for not being a jerk" I chuckled but it died because Sehun was staring deep into my eyes. I gulped. Did I say something wrong?

Sehun leaned closer and in a blink of eye his lips was on mine. My eyes widen in shock but I did not have the will to resist. My heartbeat rose as I kissed him back. It did not last long as Sehun pulled away. Both of us were lost in words. Sehun ruffled his hair while I played with my fingers.

"S-sehun. I think I have to go now. My mom will worry about me. Bye!" I quickly stood up and paced away. My pace quickened as I heard Sehun called out my name.

"Mirae wait!" Sehun grasped my wrist. He turned my body, facing him.

Before he uttered a word, I spoke "Sehun. I really have to go"

I took out my hand from his grasp and quickly disappeared among the crowd.  

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................................

"Mirae! Mirae!"

"Mirae, can you hear me?"

"Mirae! Open your eyes!"

I heard some voices. I opened my eyes slowly and saw seven familiar faces.

"She's alive!" Baekhyun shrieked.

"We thought we loss you!" Kyungsoo murmured.

"Luckily we arrive just in time!" Kris fumed.

"I feel like my heart stops beating when I see you lying on the floor!" Chen exhaled a relief sigh.

"Mirae. I'm sorry. You almost get killed because of me" Chanyeol lowered his head.

"If she is killed ,I will be the one that killed you!" Sehun's eyes pierced through Chanyeol.

"Sehun!" Suho glared at Sehun. Sehun scoffed and crossed his arms. Suho shook his head and drifted his gaze to me.

"Is it true that Hayoung came here?" Suho asked. I nodded.

"She disguised as Sehun. Don't blame Chanyeol. It is acceptable because even I thought she is Sehun" I smiled at Chanyeol reassuringly.

"How did you know it was Hayoung?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I managed to see her return to herself before I fainted"

"You die Mirae. We cannot find your pulse" Baekhyun said. I gasped in horror. I die? But…

"She put this necklace on you right?" Suho showed me the poison pearl necklace. I nodded frantically.

"Hayoung knew about your lost necklace. She made another one. Luckily Suho noticed it was the fake one. As soon as we took it off, your heart beats again" Chen explained.

"Until the day of the full moon, all of us will stay close to Mirae. We will close the bakery temporarily" Kris decided and all of them nodded.

"There is one more important thing" I grabbed their attention. As all eyes were on me, I resumed.

"I regained my memories back"