Chapter 17

That was Then, This is Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your heart was pounding as you stared into Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked. You gulped. *I really like him but..*

“Oppa..I” You stopped as he stared gently into your eyes. You turned away, facing the other direction.

“I really like you too!” Jaejoong smiled. “But I’m not sure if I’m ready for a relationship..” He frowned.

You looked at him to find him hurt. *It took courage for him to confess but it takes a lot more courage to accept rejection…*

“Oppa, I’m really sorry…”

“No, it’s fine. You don’t have to apologize. But I just want you to know that I will love you as much as your mother loves and cares for you. Before you reject me, I want you to think it over. If the answer is still no, I will wait for you until you are ready” He stood up, getting ready to leave.

“Where are you going oppa?”

“Fresh air. You can really hurt a guy’s feelings.” He joked. “I’ll be back” He left.

You slumped on the couch. *What have I done?* You sighed. You thought about all the memories you had with Jaejoong. You unconsciously smiled.  *The truth is I’ve never had a boyfriend.*

Jaejoong walked out of the noraebang and headed towards a flower store and bought 1 rose. As he walked around, he spotted a girl getting picked on by other girls.

“Yah! Don’t you have better things to do than pick on others?” The girls stopped and looked at Jaejoong.

“Well aren’t you a hottie?” The girls smirked. “Consider yourself lucky” They left and pushed Jaejoong on the shoulders.

The girl was crying and jaejoong bent down to meet her.

“Hey. Everything is fine now. Stop crying.” Jaejoong tried to console the girl. Suddenly, the girl pulled Jaejoong in for a hug. His eyes widened at the sudden action.

“I’m scared…”The girl whispered.

“Wae?”

“They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter