Whose birthright is it anyways...

Red

A couple weeks later Shaye made her way to the living room with Raven’s letter to their father in her pocket. “Are you ready to go Hoseok?” she paused in the entry way not expecting seven pairs of eyes to be looking back at her. “You guys should be sleeping. The suns not even up yet.”


No one said anything as NamJoon cupped her face and lowered his head to meet her eyes “Can you blame us for worrying?”

Shaye fought the urge to roll her eyes “We’re not going off to battle. We’ll be back tomorrow morning at the latest.”

NamJoon was about to ask why a meeting would last that long but shook his head instead with a small smile on his lips “Timey fun stuff.” Shaye nodded softly and NamJoon sighed in return. “Alright then. I know it’s just a meeting and you trust him. But you and Hoseok better come back in one piece alright?”

“Yes sir” she mock saluted and he kissed her forehead before releasing her. She moved to take Hoseok’s hand before looking back at the rest. “We’ll be fine go back to bed.”

Once the two had gone NamJoon looked around to find that no one had moved from their spots. “You heard her. They’ll be fine. Go back to bed. Or I can find you something to do for the day.”

The youngest 3 groaned as they got up to back to their rooms. Yoongi was already asleep on the couch, he’d come down because Jimin and Taehyung dragged him out of bed. NamJoon turned to Jin who shrugs “I’m up for the day, I have somethings I need to get done anyway.”

“Alright, I’m gonna go sleep for a couple more hours.”

---

“Please tell me we’re not meeting in the middle of nowhere” Hoseok commented when they appeared on the side of a road.

“Of course not.” She lightly slapped his chest “This is the closest I dared bring us, in case of being followed. We have a slight trek but it shouldn’t take any longer than an hour for us to reach.”

“Alright lets go.” He gestured for her to lead the way.

An hour later they reached their destination. “I always figured you were a temple person.”

Shaye glanced at him “You’re not wrong, but I’ve never done or said anything to lead to that conclusion so how?”

Hoseok shrugged “Just a feeling. Anyways bad things happen at run down temples.”

Shaye took his hand “It’s not run down it just looks it. I’m not about to hold a meeting anywhere where demons can roam free. Trust me, you’ll see once we’re inside.”

Hoseok shivered as they passed through a warded door. His eyes widened at the pristine condition of the temple.

“Guardian Red, I hope we are seeing you on good times.”

Shaye dipped slightly as one of the care takers touched her neck in greeting. “Yes. For the most part.” She glanced at Hoseok before meeting the caretaker’s eyes “I have found my peace and am working on securing it. However I’m afraid we can’t catch up now as we’re meeting someone here.”

The caretaker nodded in understanding “Perhaps later. I assume you know the way.”

“I’ll find it, yes. Thank you.” Hoseok nudged her as they made their way down the corridor ‘Guardian’

Shaye sighed ‘Later.’

“So you’ve been here before.”

She shook her head

“Then…”

“Not this location”

Hoseok nodded in somewhat understanding.

“Here we are” Shaye knocked on a door before entering.

“Well met fox child.”

“Well met uncle.”

Hoseok threw her another questioning look to which she ever so slightly shook her head as she closed the door. “Will you do the honor daughter of time.”

“I will never understand why you insist on calling me all these different titles” She muttered as she moved to set the wards.

“Thank you for choosing the meeting place.” He thanked her as she turned back to them.

“I hope it’s to your liking” Shaye bowed her head.

“Come, come. Sit.” He motioned for both of them. Hoseok followed Shaye’s lead as they sat across from the man. “I hear congratulations are in order.”

Shaye studied him for a moment. “You knew what was going to happen.”

“Not all of it. Simply that your life and Raven’s are intertwined. You’re finding your way nicely my dear and my Raven has finally found their werewolf mate. Can’t say I’m surprised he’s from one of your packs.” He took a sip of the teat that was sitting in front of them. “Although they’re still my heir. Seeing as Raven is now of yours, can I assume that any future dealings would be on good terms as we’re practically family, Alpha?”

Shaye sighed “Unfortunately we cannot be anything close to family nor friends until I know no harm will come to me and mine.”

Raven’s father smiled softly “No harm will come to you and yours from me and mine. However it is regretful that I cannot say the same of my son. And his mother shouldn’t be a problem anymore.”

Shaye picked at her hands in thought before looking back up at him “If something were to happen to him because he attacked us. Would me and mine have to face the repercussions from it?”

“As unfortunate as it is. You know the answer to that as well as the solution.”

“Thought so.” She nodded.

He cleared his throat as Shaye took a cautionary sip of her tea before letting Hoseok know it was okay to drink. “Now that the pleasantries are out of the way. As you know Raven is my heir and the only one I’ll ever see fit to be my heir.” Shaye went to comment when he raised a hand to stop her “I am fully aware of that they do not wish for any leadership role. By the time that I’m gone there may be no need for another.”

Shaye nodded in understanding. “What were these future dealings you mentioned earlier?”

“I wish for my people to become allies with your pack.”

Shaye crossed her arms in thought “What are you hoping to achieve with the union of our people?”

“Tolerance and an end to the feuds between many. Hopefully it will show the other quadrants that it’s possible to live somewhat peacefully with other species.”

“I” Shaye stopped causing the man to sigh “You forgot about the other Fae kingdoms?”

“Yes, but I’ve never had any run-ins with them before. They might not follow your example but it will make things easier here for all of us.”

“And why wouldn’t they follow when I’d have you on my side?”

She rolled her eyes “The dark fae have no need to fear me.”

“Do they not? You’re an Alpha, the daughter of a trickster and the niece of The trickster. Only a new born wouldn’t know what the mark on your right shoulder was. You’re practically royalty”

She groaned, running a hand through her hair. “I wish you wouldn’t say that. I fight for the good of others and to survive as to not become a god. I have no wish of being revered as a god let alone a royal.”

“Some think otherwise.”

She pierced him with her gaze “Even Alpha is almost too much.”

Hoseok tugged on her sleeve “Are you sure you should be confiding in him this much?” he muttered. Shaye nods “He’s one of two fae that I trust and he’s smart enough not to break it. No threat intended sir.”

“None taken. She’s right though, I have no ill intentions towards her as she’s saved my child many times and still continues to look out for them even after they left her to the torture of their brother.”

Shaye stood and the two men followed suit. “Being allies shouldn’t be a problem especially with Raven as a connection for both sides. However I would like to discuss it with the other Alphas in case of any objections. So for the time being as much as I would like to, I cannot directly offer my help or that of my pack but should you need council before we meet again I trust you know what to do.”

“Yes thank you my dear.” He took her offered hand, leaning in to whisper a few words to her.

Shaye’s head jerked back in shock at the older man’s parting words. “Thank you uncle” although her lips held a grim smile she thanked him sincerely before breaking the ward and parting ways.

---

“What are you doing.”

Jungkook grabbed the branch he was straddling to see Yoongi climbing up to join him. “Adjusting a few things.”

“Does Shaye know you’re doing that?”

Jungkook hummed “She said it was something I could do if I was bored or needed to distract my mind. But” he screwed his face up in concentration “I’m not fully understanding the calibrations she’s wanting. It’s like it’s on a whole other level.”

Yoongi tapped his leg “Shove over, let me see. And give me that” Jungkook moved so Yoongi could take his place “Explain what she wants.”

Jungkook quickly explained and looked on in awe. “How are you doing that?”

“Just because I’m not a hacker and you don’t see me fiddling with technology all the time doesn’t mean I don’t know anything about it. Who do you think got Shaye interested in tech?”

“You’re a genius Hyung”

“I do what I can. Is there anything she wanted done?” Yoongi looked over his shoulder to see Jungkook shake his head. “Alright, how do you close this panel?”

“Try waving your hand above it in a downward motion.” Yoongi did as told and the panel disappeared. “Huh”

“I wonder if she’s added anyone else” Jungkook mused.

“It’s probably just the three of us and maybe Hoseok. Anyone who would know how to fix it if needed.” Yoongi answered his phone after they dropped out of the tree.

“Are you with Jungkook?”

“Yes” Yoongi looked to Jungkook.

“I need you two to check out borders and get back to the house as soon as you can. Kai Just appeared with Raven. I’m sure Yongguk and the others will be here shortly.”

Yoongi hung up as he and Jungkook started running.

---

Shaye and Hoseok are walking through the woods on their way back to the roadside. “What did he tell you?”

She sighed “Something I hope I never have to use.” She turned walking backwards so she could face him. “I know you have a lot of questions and I also owe you answers to ones from earlier but first did you learn much?”

Hoseok reached out to grab her before she could trip and brought her to him, wrapping his arms around her waist. “A little, but what surprised me was how laid back you were with the man. And why uncle?”

She smiled up at him “I know his name… yes. But like I’ve said before names are power. I call him uncle more so out of respect than anything.”

“Alright now back to the earlier questions” he smiled back “Why are we still finding out new things about you?”

“It keeps things interesting” She quipped.

He poked her sides “No, seriously.”

Shaye nodded behind her and they started walking again “None of it is anything someone would normally think to ask about. And it’s not like I’m constantly thinking of everything that’s happened in my life.”

“Touché” he stuffs his hands into his pockets “Alright then where do the temples fall on your timeline?”

“Hmmm… After the death of my stepdad and before being tortured by Ten.”

“Does Suga know about the temples?”

Shaye shrugs “It’s hard to say what he knows and doesn’t know.” She turned to him and pointed “Like remember how he found me because he felt that I was in danger?” Hoseok hummed. “I’d been in tighter jams before and never saw or heard from him. It’s weird though. I’ve had similar experiences with him where I know of some of his life events that I wasn’t there for and he never told me about.”

“I wonder if your connection with the rest of us will be like that or if you and Suga are a special case.”

“I guess we’ll find out if it happens.” Shaye stumbles and leans against a tree as a wave of pain runs through her. Ignoring Hoseok briefly she groaned as she answered a call from Raven’s number. She stayed silent as no one spoke just listening to the background noise before the call was cut off.

Hoseok shook her by the shoulders “Are you alright? What’s wrong?” He dipped his head trying to catch her gaze.

She let out a dry laugh when her eyes flashed up to his. “Oh just the usual” She straightened back up. “Raven’s in danger and the guys are never going to let me leave the house after this.”

He rubbed a thumb over a pulse point on her neck “They’ll get over this just like they do with everything else.”

“Thanks. Can you let Yoongi or NamJoon know please. That way they’re in the know and can be on standby if needed. I need to concentrate on where we need to go.”

---

She groans when they appear in a wooded area surrounding a lone building.

“It’s a trap isn’t it?”

She nods “He probably thinks he’s going to get two birds with one stone.”

“So what’s the plan?” Shaye turned to him slightly shocked. “You’re going in no matter what I say.” He deadpanned “But Raven is also our pack mate so” He waved in the direction of the building.

Shaye smirked “Remember how we first met”

“No” he raised a brow.

“Yup.” She smiled “It’ll be slightly different. Cause there’s no ways he’s in there with Raven alone. What I’ll do should take out at least half of his people. Can you handle the rest while I take care of him?”

Hoseok held up a fist full of flame. “It’s been a while since I’ve been able to play.”

Shaye nudged him “Talk about learning new things all the time. That’s one I’ve been meaning to ask about but something always comes up. Let’s go.”

She moved them to the rooftop, and was pleased to find that there were windows. She lets out a wave of power as she drops through the window, falling through the air. Knocking out half of Ten’s goons and rolling as she lands.

“She’s here” Ten sang into his sibling’s ear. “Always here to save the day. Though it took a bit longer than expected considering you two have that weird blood thing between you. How nice of you to drop into my trap.”

Hands in her pockets, Shaye tilted her head “It’s not a trap when the intended knows about it.” Shaye studied him and was silently pleased by the way he flinched when her eyes started to glow.

“I can’t tell if you’re acting out because of your loss, my condolences by the way. Or if you’re just that stupid.” She watched the slight confusion wash over his face. “He doesn’t know” She spoke to Raven.

“What don’t I know” he spat at her.

“Your mother is dead. She took her own life rather than endure the pain of being forced to take her son’s because he broke fae law.”

“No” his grip loosened just enough for Raven to push away.

“I thought I told you to stay low” Shaye reprimanded as Raven made their way to her.

“You never said that” they growled out at her.

“Probably cause I never thought I’d have to with you. Its common ing sense!” Shaye pulled out her phone and hit the emergency number for Kai before tossing it to Raven “Go home, I’ll deal with you later.”

“Yes Alpha” Raven smirked back at their brother before disappearing in a puff of black smoke.

“That was fast” Shaye muttered, turning her attention back to Ten who was currently on his knees with his hands covering his face.

His shoulders shook as laughter bubbled up inside him. “It’s my birthright to lead the fae.” He tapped his chest with a clawed hand “Not that mutt but me.” He mumbled before glaring at her through his fringe. “Father always liked you best after Raven.”

Shaye huffed “That doesn’t make sense, I’ve only ever me him twice.”

“He knows all about you because of his visions. Maybe if I get rid of you, all my problems will go away. It would definitely make it easier to kill Raven.” He chuckled darkly.

“Dude” Shaye shook her head “You were never going to be a fae leader and birthright or not. You never will now that you’ve broken the law of your people.”

“They were mine to rule since birth. What right do you have to take that from me!” Ten charged, screaming at Shaye.

She kicks out sending him flying and he’s on fire. “No!” There was a sickening crunch when he landed. She hoped his death was immediate as she watched the flames engulf his body. “Why’d you do that?” she paces around frustrated as Hoseok makes his way to her. Everyone else either knocked out or having vacated the building.

“He was going to kill you.”

She shook her head slowly. “I wouldn’t have let him. Thank you” she kissed him.

Hoseok looked at her shocked. “Why are you thanking me if you’re upset about what I did?”

“Paper work.” She muttered before gripping his hand and bringing them home.

---

Shaye stormed into the house. Upon Raven’s request Kai had brought them to BTS’ home. BAP and a handful of Exo members were gathered there. They all stood from their seats at her presence “Where’s Raven” she growled as she made a beeline for the stairs bypassing the living room and everyone in it.

She found them holed up in her room with Junhong. She came to a stop in front of him and looked up to meet his eyes. “Move.” He shook his head as he stood in front of his mate. Her eyes softened as she stared up at him. “Move’ she wasn’t going to ask again. He glanced back at Raven and sighed in defeat when they nodded.

Shaye stared down at Raven, hands on hips as Junhong closed the door behind him. “Why, how?” She raked a hand through her hair in frustration.

“Have I ever told you I miss the red streak?”

She glared back at Raven

“Fine” their shoulders deflated “I just wanted to go for a walk.”

“I know you’re not used to having people around that actually care about you. And then there’s your nature. But you should’ve taken someone with you.”

Raven shakes their head “Didn’t want to risk anyone else.”

“Shove over” Shaye gathered Raven in her arms “I will never understand your issue with healers.” Shaye commented after Raven hissed when she brushed one of their wounds by accident.

“Well what about you?” Raven retorted as they snuggled into Shaye’s shoulder.

“You’re kind of my priority at the moment.”

“What you said back at the warehouse…is she”

Shaye hummed “Yeah you won’t have to worry about her or your brother again.”

 


Hi... I just wanted to thank you all for reading this story. I'm not sure how many are actually reading but does anyone really ever know? All I know is that I'm almost at 70 subscribers on this story and this is the most I've ever had so Wow and thank you. I know some of the chapters are a bit bumpy but overall I hope you're enjoying the story. ^^

Until next time 

- Fayt