Not today

Red

Jae was nearly asleep when the group appeared in Exo’s house. Mason took notice of the deadening weight in his arms and jostled her a little “Come on keep your eyes open.”

She shook head “I’ll be fine. Thanks to the red me” she smiled weakly “I should only be out for a day.”

“Alright” he pressed a kiss to her temple “I’ll bring you to the room they gave us. Go ahead and sleep.”

“I want to see her when I wake…” she mumbled.

Jin and Lay ran into the room and zeroed in on both girls. Mason turned slightly from Lay and nodded towards Yoongi “My sister will be fine. If the two are as much alike as I think then Shaye’ll be fine as well but please focus on her anyways.”

Lay nodded and moved with Jin and Yoongi to one of the rooms.

Ezra and Arren moved Raven to the central part of the house. Chen ran by and skidded to a halt at the sight of Raven “Uh Maru! Can you come here a second.”

“What’s u- oh.” Maru pointed at his old friend “Why is Raven tied up?”

“Shaye’s orders. She said not to untie Raven if we found ‘em. So the question is now what?”

“Where’s Shaye?”

“She saved Jae from poison and isn’t conscious at the moment.”

“Ah.” Maru frowned slightly. “Well we can’t leave Raven bound and gagged until Shaye is fine. But- and no offense Raven.” Raven shrugged and tilted their head knowing full well the reasons for Shaye’s cautiousness. “Shaye wouldn’t want Raven roaming free among everyone else while she’s not there.” Maru turned to Chen “You wouldn’t happen to have a magically protected room without a computer or tv?”

Chen nodded “Yeah this way.”

---

Lay growled in frustration after Jimin punched a hole in the wall. “Shut up! I understand that she’s your mate but screaming and breaking things aren’t helping. You’re not going to like this but aside from making her comfortable there isn’t anything that Jin and I can do at the moment. She isn’t dead and she hasn’t died. I know she’ll come back changed if she does. But in theory you should still be able to feel the death blow if she dies. Now if you haven’t felt that, then you need to calm the down and go do something productive because you are currently not helping here.”

When a pack healer tells you to do something they might not be the Alpha but when it comes to someone’s health and wellbeing their word is law and if they need to they can channel Alpha. BTS were so distraught that Lay channeled both of his Alpha’s so they’d listen.

NamJoon patted Yoongi and Taehyung on the shoulder letting them know they could stay in the room before he ushered the rest out. Yoongi was upset that she would do something so reckless yet he understood why she did it. Especially since Shaye had constantly reminded everyone that Jae was priority. Taehyung was comforted by the fact that he could still feel her heartbeat. It was slow but it was still there.

---

Shaye glanced over into the blank space around her and groaned as she rolled onto her side to press her face into the cool backing of the bench she was on “Go away I’m not dead yet.” He walked closer and she sat up to face him. “What kind of father wishes death on his kids anyways?”

“One that knows it will bring them into their full potential and keep them safe longer.”

She glared at him “How does that make any sense in your twisted mind? At this point I wish we had nine lives like a cat. Instead we have two of which you wish us a short first life so that we can live up to proper Kitsune standards. Luckily I know that the second one won’t happen if you help us along to death in the first. Also I’ve dealt with this poison before, maybe not as concentrated but I know I won’t die. So please piss off and let me rest in peace.”

“Somdeay.”

“Yeah…” Shaye stretched “You better hope not.”

With that her father walked away.

“I wonder how long I’ll be out this time.” She went to lay back down but jolted back up when her head landed on someone’s lap.

Jae smiled in greeting.

“You too?”

Jae nodded “I think I’ll only be out for a day. And I know you knew what you were doing. So thanks for that. I don’t think either of us would’ve survived the full dosage on our own.”

“You’re definitely right about that.” Shaye replied. “I am not looking forward to the lectures about having dealt with that type of poison before or any poison for that matter.”

Jae’s eyes widened “I didn’t even think of that.” They fell into a comfortable silence for a while.

“You’re mate misses you.”

Jae tilted her head “How do you know that?”

Shaye bit her lip before explaining about what happened after Mason’s first rescue attempt. Jae ended up in a fit of giggles. “Does this mean I get to kiss one of yours to make things even?”

Shaye shrugged “Sure if you really want to.”

Jae started to fade.

“Ah, looks like you’re waking up. Can you let them know that I’m sorry for making them worry and that I should be up in a few days?”

“No problem.”

Shaye looked around “Alone again.” and laid back to rest.

---

Jae Struggles to sit up in the bed she woke up in. “Mas-” she broke off into a coughing fit which brought Riley to the room with some water for her. She sipped it slowly and got her breathing under control. “Where’s Mason?” she asked softly.

“They fixed the doorway and he and Arren went back home to get Blake. He knew you’d want to hang around to make sure Shaye would be okay.”

“They had to fix the doorway?”

Riley rolled his eyes “They’re newbies with it here and her brothers didn’t secure it properly. Something happened so she took it apart. Well partially. I guess she had been working on it some before we went to get you so it didn’t take us too long to finish setting it back up.”

“You don’t sound too fond of her.”

“As weird as this is, she’s not you. Can’t a guy worry about his cousin?”

Jae narrowed her eyes “You weren’t rude to her were you?” Riley looked off to the side and she sighed “Well could you help me to her room please. I know she’s not awake yet but I’d like to keep her company.”

Riley just nodded and helped her out of bed. He helped her down the hall to the closed door. Yoongi answered it shortly after she knocked on it. “Are you alright?”

Jae nodded “A little weak but I’ll be fine. And so will she, it might be a few more days but she’ll be fine. It helps that we’ve both have had experience with the type of poison before. Also she said she’s sorry for making everyone worry.”

“Thank you.”

“May I stay with her for a while? Give you two a break to go eat or something?” Jae craned her neck to look at Taehyung.

Yoongi looked back at Taehyung who nodded “Sure, come on in.” Yoongi moved out of the way and Taehyung got up to leave.

Jae called from the bed before the three guys closed the door. “I know it won’t be a while but you should keep a bottle of water or something in here for when she wakes.”

“We’ll keep that in mind, thanks” Taehyung said before closing the door.

Jae lay next to Shaye on the bed “Just so you know Yoongi didn’t look the least bit surprised that you’ve dealt with this type of poison before. My brother knows that I have but I don’t think my cousin was aware until now. This could be an interesting few days.” She yawned and curled into Shaye’s side. She knows she had just woken up from the slight poison coma but it wouldn’t hurt to take a proper nap.

---

“You knew” Jungkook punched Yoongi in the jaw once he and Taehyung finally joined everyone downstairs.

Yoongi cracked his neck and rolled his shoulders to release some tension before nodding. “I had an idea but didn’t want to give anyone false hope if I was wrong.” He sighed “Anyone else feel the need to take a shot so they can calm down?” Yoongi opened his arms and turned around.

The rest of his pack shook their heads.

“Alright then, somehow the girls were able to talk and Shaye left a message for us. She said she’s sorry and that she should be up in a few days.”

Jimin who was on the verge of tears tugged on Yoongi’s sleeve,  “How much of that poison has she been exposed to in order for her to be immune to it to the point of only being in a coma for a few days after taking that concentrated of a dose from Jae?”

Yoongi wrapped his arm around the younger and shook his head. “I don’t know. She probably did it initially in fear of her stepdad. But someone had to have known this would happen someday. Otherwise it’s too much of a coincidence that two similar girls from different dimensions became immune to the same poison just in case something would happen. A large enough dose will still kill them. Shaye knew what she was doing when she saved Jae. The important thing is they’ll be okay.”

“He’s right” Hoseok stood up “And I’m sure she’s expecting the lecture of a lifetime from us for it or something. Let’s leave the lectures to her brothers should they choose. She might not be moving around at the moment. But she did as promised and came back alive. And as an added bonus there were no casualties on our end. Everyone is alive and well for the most part.” NamJoon nodded, proud of his pack and happy that he didn’t need to intervene.

There was a small cheer of greeting as Mason entered the room. “Everyone this is Jae’s Mate: Blake. Blake, that pack is Shaye’s mates and the rest are the pack that live in this house sans a few who aren’t in this room. Is my sister up yet?”

“Yeah she should be in the room with Shaye.” Mason nodded his thanks as the two left the room.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this whole familiar stranger thing.” Blake muttered to Mason.

He nudged her “They’re allies now. It’ll take some getting used to, yes but it’s not like you’ll have to see them often.”

“True.” She nodded.

They stopped outside of a room when they heard Jae speaking on the other side of the door “Sounds like my brother made it back. I’ll have to go for now, we’ll talk when you wake.”

Blake opened the door and Jae was sat up on the bed with her arms out and a slight pout on her lips. “My legs are still a bit weak, help?”

Blake was immediately in front of her, picking her up in her arms. “How long have you been up?”

“Only about an hour, can we go nap some more?” Blake chuckled and looked to Mason who nodded “I’ll show you a room you can use.”

---

Downstairs, Jungkook nudged Jimin to see if he heard the same thing.

“Where are you two off to?” Jin asked as they stood up to leave.

“We’re gonna take a nap with Shaye. Now that Jae isn’t with her we shouldn’t leave her alone.”

Jin was about to say something else when NamJoon shook his head. “Alright, go. Make sure to come down for dinner.” The two raced up the stairs.

---

“I have to tell you something” Blake said after Mason left them.

“What is it?” Jae asked before noticing the guilty look on her face and broke out in giggles “Don’t worry about it. She already told me. We’re far too similar to get upset with you for something like that. Now.” She sobered up some. “How long has it been since you last saw me?”

“Far too long” Blake pulled her closer and Jae snuggled into her side.

“Sorry you had to worry.”

“You’re safe now, that’s all that matters.”