The Proposal- Mingyu

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

“Naeun ah, do you have time?”

“Wae chagiya? I’m going to meet a client.”

“When will you finish?”

“I don’t know. Maybe at 5 or maybe 7.”

“Can you stop by at my apartment after work?”

Naeun stops fixing her hair and crooked .

“Waeyo?”

“Aniya. Just come. Can you?”

He asks her once again, rubbing his nape nervously.

“Gurae. Do you want me to buy anything? For dinner maybe?”

“Aniya. Just you come. Alone. Please.”

“Arasseo. Who will I come with huh?”

She chuckles and checks on her reflection on the mirror.

“I gotta go hun. See you later then.”

“Gurae. Love you.”

“Love you too nan saranghaneun girin.”

She responded, not forgetting to giggle and then hangs up. Mingyu smiles as he grips on his phone.

“Let’s do this right.”

 

+++

 

“Aniyo. If we did that, we won’t gain any profit. The margin has to be larger than 15% so that we can at least gain something Naeun.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Do you think your sorry can solve everything?”

Naeun was holding herself from rolling her eyes. She knows what she is doing. The new CEO is just up to make thing worse for her. He’s been finding her flaws since his first day here.

“What do I have to do to compensate all that?”

“Join me for dinner today.”

“Dinner?”

Naeun arched her brows.

“Why dinner?”

Her CEO clears his throat before he looks at his PC.

“Just come without complaint can you?”

“I can’t tonight. I have an important appointment.”

“More important than your job? You can end up jobless Miss Son.”

“I don’t have any choice?”

“Obviously no.”

He answers without any tint of guiltiness. Naeun blew a raspberry.

“Deh.”

She answers and took the papers that scatters on the table and went out of the room; mumbling some curse for the CEO as she makes her way to her space.

She took her phone after she puts her things on her table, sitting on the edge of it before she calls her boyfriend. She rubs her neck as she waited for him to pick up and Mingyu picks it up after few rings; panting.

“Busy?”

“Ani. Just sorting some things. Are you coming now?”

“Oh no chagi. I think I will run late. I messed up something earlier and I have to fix it up.”

“Really? You can’t make it today?”

“I might run late. Maybe I can just be there after 10. Is it important? If it’s not, I think we can just meet tomorrow. For breakfast maybe.”

“It’s important.”

He said in a quietest whisper but Naeun heard him. She clicked her tongue before she nods.

“I’ll go as soon as I finish. Will you be up no matter when I show up?”

“Sure.”

She heard his bright voice again and she smiles at her decision.

“So see you when I can tear myself out from the work.”

“Okay honey. Just make sure to be careful.”

“You too babe. Mmuah.”

She ended it with a lovely gesture just so he won’t feel bad. She once makes something that makes him feel insecure about her feelings for him and she doesn’t want him to think the same as before. Yeah, she takes really long to responds to his confession, two months. And it was because he is younger. 3 years to be exact and she felt that he is too young for her. But he manages to man up to many things and soon her heart melts and she accepts him with open arms.

It had been 5 years since the day they officially dating and she is growing fond of Mingyu every day. He is now had become more mature, people won’t believe her if she told them he is younger. He shows ‘oppa’ vibe.

Naeun chuckles when she thinks too much of her boyfriend.

“Let’s get working alrite.”

She talks to herself and then become seriously committed to focus on her work.

+++

“No one else is coming with us?”

Naeun asks as she looks around the Italian restaurant and only receive a short no from her boss.

“I think this is a business dinner?”

“Did I say that?”

Naeun arched her brows and the CEO turns to see her, lips twitched when she bites her lips.

“Something wrong Naeun?”

“Of course it is. I thought it will be work related but turns out only me and you.”

“Just come on will you? Don’t make me lose my patience.”

“When were you not mad?”

She mumbles as she walks again, ignoring the fiery gaze he gave her. She is used to that and even more, it’s worse when he starts nagging plus mocking her as he pleased.

“Are you on reservation Miss?”

Naeun had to stop and wait for him and the mocking smirk is evidence on his face.

“Park Chanyeol.”

He said and glances at Naeun who was pouting as she crosses her arm. He chuckles.

“This way sir.”

He nods and tugs her arm and she rolls her eyes before she follows him.

“This is your table. One of our staff will attend to you shortly.”

“Okay. Thanks.”

He pulls the chair, suppose to be Naeun’s but she grumpily went to the chair opposite of it and he then awkwardly sit down, crossing his leg.

A waiter went to them with a menu and Chanyeol is the one who ordered for them and Naeun once again protest.

“I can’t even choose what I want to eat?”

“I choose their specialty.”

“You sure do.”

“I am.”

“Okay, leave it that way. What is the purpose of this dinner?”

“I’m treating you out.”

“I thought I made mistakes?”

She asks, retorting. Chanyeol laughs.

“You know you didn’t.”

“So why are you saying I did?”

“When did I?”

“Do you suffer some short term memory loss or something?”

He chuckles again, shaking his head.

“You are amusing.”

She frowns. Her boss is acting really weird; but he is actually weird to start with and she doesn’t know if he is mocking or complimenting her.

“Let’s eat first shall we?”

He proposes when their dinner was served. She then quietly took her cutleries and starts digging on her food. She is starving.

+++

Naeun quickly went to the car and board it as soon as Chanyeol car stopped. She heard him calls her but she pretend to not hear anything.

“I’m sorry.”

She said as she closes her eyes for a moment to calm her heart, turns on the ignition and press on the pedal. She droves away, ignoring Chanyeol who was running behind her car to stop her.

“The thing is; I am interested in you.”

She remembers he said after their dinner. She nearly choked on her drinks but he keeps grinning like a stupid monkey.

“What?”

“I like you Naeun.”

“This is not funny.”

“Yes. It is not funny and I’m serious. I like you, Son Naeun.”

“Boss, I.”

“You can take your time to think about it. I’ll wait.”

“No. I.”

“Take your time. I don’t need an immediate answer.”

She shuts her eyes before she looks at him but Chanyeol calmly drinks his water.

“Let’s go home.”

He said and stands up before putting some bills. Naeun was dumbfounded when he looks at her who still seated and she stands up, following him as he leads the way to his car.

They boarded it and she fists her hands, both of it.

“I have a boyfriend and I love him. I am going to marry only him and I hope you stop liking me.”

She said and he stops his car. She looks at him, hurt evidence on his face but she chooses to not care. She can’t. She looks out of the window and realize that they are already at the car park so she unboard his car and rushes to her car.

Naeun sighs as the uneasiness hits her.

“He won’t sack me doesn’t he?”

She shrugs the thought away and get out of her car, lazily walks to Mingyu’s house. She key in the password as it was already late and walks in just to get surprise again when she saw the house.

It was fully decorated. Flower petals everywhere on the floor. Balloons in the shape of heart are on the floor as well, some are floating away. She turns to her side and saw the dining table. The candles are not yet lit and she walks further in before she saw her boyfriend, resting his head on his arm. She bites her tongue. Slowly makes her way out again to not ruin the moment and calls him.

“I’m closing by hun.”

She said and she heard him groans, maybe he bumps on something and she chuckles.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes absolutely. Just come in when you are here. I’m waiting.”

He said and Naeun smiled.

“Gurae.”

She then key in the password, opens the door and makes her way in, heaving a breath and she makes use of her acting talent when she saw it again.

“Wow.”

She exclaimed and when she walks forward, there he stood while holding a bouquet of red and pink roses and she knows what he is up to.

“Mingyu ah.”

“Noona.”

He called her and then he chuckles. She did too before she puts down her bag and files on the couch, walking to him and crosses her arm.

“What’s with the noona huh?”

He doesn’t answer; instead he held her hand and tugs her to come closer before he kneeled down like in romance film.

“Noona, will you marry me?”

“Yah. Don’t call me noona while you proposing.”

She scolded him with a cute pout but then laughs.

“This will be the last time I call you like this.”

“You sure?”

He nods and stares into her eyes.

“So marry me then sekiya.”

“That is a yes right?”

He asked and Naeun knocked his head before she pulls him to rise on his feet.

“The ring?”

“Oh.”

He exclaimed and pulls a sapphire box from his pocket, slids it to her finger.

“You are good in choosing gem.”

She commented and then he pulls her in an embrace.

“I have the talent. That’s why I choose you.”

He then releases her and cups her cheek before she kisses her and she puts her arm around his neck, deepens the kiss. The scene that she went through before she comes here flew away from her thought and she is so ready to find for a new job if she was to leave her job after she turn down her CEO earlier that night.

“I love only you.”

She whispers and shrieks when he spun her around.

 

 

Done!

If you want an ending with Chanyeol+Naeun pairing about this story, leave your comment below.

I’ll write it if I get 5 or more request for their alternate ending, thank you.

 

Hanbin is next, and will followed by my ultimate bias Kai nim!!!

 

P/S: Can I get more comments or upvote? teehehe...