Coca Cola Chicken- Park Chanyeol

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

 

He shakes his head when she puts the bags of groceries with determination on her face.

“You know you can not do this.”

“Why?”

She asked, frowning at that. He saw what’s coming if he say more so he just shakes his head again, now signalling he will not say any more words.

“Please keep an eye on aegi while I’m here. Do not enter unless I told you to.”

“Gurae.”

He said, giving up and kisses her temple. He did a fighting sign for her and went to the room where their son was sleeping. He gonna let Naeun tried at least.

“Cola, chicken, onions, greens. I think I got all of them.”

She monologues before fishing her apron, a cute minnie mouse apron which is gifted by her sister in law; her husband’s noona.

“I hope by wearing this I can cook your specialty dish perfectly.”

She nods at that at starts prepping the ingredients. She cleans the chicken, cuts the onions and vegies, all the while checking on her phone to see if she follows the recipe that her sister in law gave last night correctly.

They went to the Park’s residence last night for dinner. Like always, the two young ladies, Naeun and Chanyeol sister, Park Shinhye were in charge of dinner.

Shinhye was heavily pregnant with her second child, supposed to be a twin and she was exhausted half through the cooking session. So, Naeun, being the not pregnant one at the moment, asked her to rest while she took care of the dish that Shinhye was cooking too.

“Are you sure agashi?”

“Deh unni. I’ll take care.”

“I’ll just lie down for a while then. Gomawoyo.”

Naeun smiles at Shinhye and escorts her as she went out of the kitchen. She stares at the pot which the chicken cola dish sat.

“I’ll just do it like spicy braised chicken dish I guess.”

She plans and that’s when she knows she make a big mistake of not asking Shinhye the steps she should follow.

The dinner went through with no one complaining. Her husband even gave her two thumbs up but when her mother in law ask who cook the dish, she knows something is wrong and so she have a taste.

“Too much cola, I put too much.”

She concludes by thinking to herself and looks at Shinhye. The ever kind lady smiles and eats quietly after she comments.

“This is good enough for first timer.”

She looks at Shinhye’s husband then and Yonghwa also smiles.

“Yeah.”

His short comment makes her soul flies out of her body. The moment Yonghwa took a different dish, she knows she messed the dish.

So before she went home, she asks Shinhye for the recipe and she gladly gave it to her.

“Follow closely to the recipe neh.”

And so she did now. Following to every words and sentences, even using scales and measuring spoon.

“I shouldn’t put them too soon.”

She talks to herself and grins when the smells from the chicken dish slaps her sense of smell.

“I think I got this one. Its kinda similar.”

Naeun gave herself a small congratulary ceremony and waited, setting the timer at that. Right when the timer went off, she puts the right amount of cola and close the lid.

“This have to be good, please.”

Naeun mumbles as she goes into a praying pose. She wasn’t a bad cook to start with. She is a decent cook but its just that Shinhye was a Chef before and she can just cook anything.

It’s not that she wants to compete with her sister in law, but her husband loves the dish as much as he loves her so she had to cook it right.

Right after 7 minutes, she turn off the stoves and opens the lid. The chicken now was covered with black shiny caramelized cola that looks great.

“The visual looks similar.”

She said and plates the dish. She then excitedly calls for Chanyeol and as if he was waiting for cue, he walks straight to the table.

Naeun sat down, resting her chin on her palm and stares at him. Carefully eyeing from the moment he picks up the chopstick and took the wing part of the chicken. The moment he puts the chicken piece in his mouth, Naeun held her breath.

“How is it?”

She asks when he finally moving his mouth to munch and Chanyeol closes his eyes as if he was admiring the taste. But Naeun wasn’t satisfied. Not until she heard him said it was good.

“Did noona come here and cook this? It’s so good wifey.”

“Really oppa? Really?”

“Deh. Taste it.”

Chanyeol gave Naeun a bit from his chicken and she exclaimed the tastiness with a little over the edge excitedness.

“Oppa, I succeed.”

“Yes you did.”

He commented and too another piece, and another until he is full.

“I should gave some to unni right oppa?”

“Next time. You can always give her next time.”

And the next time comes really early and she popped up in front of Shinhye’s door the next afternoon while carrying her son in his baby carrier while carefully holding the dish in one hand.

“You succeed I heard.”

Said Shinhye when she finally sat down wolith difficulties.

“I follow it very obediently and he said it taste good.”

“It must taste good.”

Shinhye took the chopstick from Naeun and taste a piece.

“Emmmm.”

She exclaimed as she ate and Naeun was fully satisfied when the picky eater Yonghwa who happen to be at home said its delicious and eats another one.

Naeun then went home with a happy heart that she finally can cook her husband favourite dish successfully three years into their marriage life.

“I love you even though you can’t cook my favourite dish.”

“But you will love me more than the dish now that I learnt how to cook it.”

Chanyeol grins at that and hugs his wife.

“At least I’m not a picky eater like hyungnim.”

He said, thinking of Yonghwa.

“That’s why you end up marrying me, a writer while Yonghwa oppa married unnie who is a chef.”

 

 


It’s random and I think of this while watching a cooking show.

Short and quick chapter.

 

 

 The dish kinda look like this Coca cola chicken