Opening Up Again- Woohyun

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

Naeun throws the 23rd letter she receives to the bin under her desk. She sighs quite loud and gains her roommate’s attention.

“Why?”

She shrugs and Eunji catch what she meant. Another confession.

“Not gonna consider the guy again?”

“I’m not falling in love unni. Not anymore.”

Eunji stares in sympathy to the girl. She was happy once but all of her happiness and her believe that love is eternal shatters when her boyfriend cheats on her.

After that, Naeun is not accepting anyone anymore, she began traumatic at the mention of love. Her heart closes and it is locked with forgotten password. No one. Not this guy as well.

“It’s fine. Take some sleep.”

She patted the younger hair and kisses her cheek.

“I’m leaving for an hour or two. Don’t wait up.”

Naeun switch off her laptop and went to her bed, pulling her blanket and try to get some sleep as what Eunji tell her to.

+++

“Naeunnie, are you up for tutoring again this year?”

“Yes Mrs. Kim. Is there anyone that needs tutoring?”

“Yes. But it’s a guy. And older. Can you?”

“Of course. I don’t have specific qualification for who they are.”

“Great. When can you start? I’ll confirm it with his parent.”

“I’ll start in February as well this year.”

“It’s just a week to go. I’ll let them know okay.”

“Deh. Kamsahamnida Mrs. Kim.”

“You are most welcome. Go on to class.”

The loving woman smiled at her and Naeun nods at that. She walks to her class, while looking up for her organizer and doing some calculation when a hand flung around her shoulder and she was pushed toward the person.

“Aish oppa.”

“Eyy. How do you know it’s me?”

Sunggyu complaint and Naeun chuckles.

“Only you dare to do that to me.”

Sunggyu smiles too and peered to look at her phone.

“Got some new kids to tutor?”

“Only a person oppa. And older.”

“Girl? Boy?”

“Guy.”

“Woahh. Who is it?”

“I didn’t ask. Your mother said she will deal it for me.”

Sunggyu nods again and he looks at Naeun when she stops walking.

“Wae?”

“We are here. Go on in.”

“How do you know it’s my English class?”

“You told Chorong unni everything.”

“And she told you.”

He laughs and ruffles Naeun’s hair before he skips into his class. Naeun shakes her head and continues to organize her schedule as she walks to her class.

+++

“Are you perhaps the one who needs tutor?”

She asks when she comes into the room, and the blonde guy lifts his head, staring boringly at her.

“You are the tutor?”

She nods, smiling now as she sat on the other chair available which is in front of him.

“I’m Naeun by the way. You can address me freely.”

“I’m Woohyun. But since I’m the one who pay you, call me formally.”

Naeun was clearly taken aback from the way the guy talks but she nods. He is just another guy. What do she expects?

“We’ll start with grammar first.”

“Aren’t you hungry?”

He cuts her off and Naeun raises her eyebrow.

“Why do you ask sir?”

“Because I’m hungry.”

She glances at her watch and it’s clearly after lunch hour. She shakes her head.

“It passed lunch time.”

“I don’t stick to time rules and such Son ssi.”

“Excuse me?”

“You are Son Naeun right? I’m calling you like how I want to. Are you offended in anyway?”

“I am.”

She screamed in her mind but she shakes her head. She can’t say she is. Not to the arrogant guy in front of her.”

“I won’t mind if you want to have some break. I’ll give you 15 minutes. I’ll just write the notes for you to read while you gone.”

“Who said I’m going?”

Once again she looks at him. This guy hid mysterious character behind his stoic face and blonde hair. And why did she die her hair blonde again?

He then checks on his phone; which was in his hand all the time before he stood up, signaling her to do so.

“Do I have to cancel the class for today?”

“No. I’m going to eat lunch out. You are coming with me.”

“I’m hired for tutoring you. Not.”

“Tutor me there.”

He cuts her off again, stacking up Naeun’s book and pushes it to her chest before he continues.

“While I eat.”

And he left to the door, opening it and tilting his head a bit, gesturing her to come with him. Naeun sighs. What mess did she just step into?

“Sure. Sir.”

She said and both left to the fast food restaurant that Woohyun drove them to.

“What do you want to eat?”

“It’s okay. I ate.”

“Okay.”

He said and walks to the counter while Naeun sits at a corner. She huffs in disbelieve. This is the first time ever she was brought out for the sake of tutoring.

“Where do we start from you said?”

Woohyun asks as soon as he sat down, putting the tray with two cups of cold drinks and hamburger on the table.

“Grammar. I have to see if you can use it correctly.”

“Sure.”

He unwrap the wrapper and gives it a big bite, sloppily chewing on the burger. She has the urge to wipe his mouth with tissues but she holds herself. “This is not Sunggyu oppa”. She chanted in her head.

“Do you know when to use these?”

He nods and she gave him some example of exercises. He answers 3 of 10 correct and she has to shakes her head. He is not even serious when he answers.

“I will give you the preposition and nouns table. Study this up.”

She pointed and the notes and he nods, swallowing the last bite of his hamburger and wipes his mouth with tissue. Naeun thank God that he did. He looks so messy earlier.

“Drink that. Or you don’t drink soft drinks?”

“I do. Thank you.”

His right lips curl as he smiles; more to a smirk but at least he did smile. Naeun smiled too. Sipping some of her drinks and breathes out after he leans his body back.

“Can we continue?”

“What?”

He asks, his face not showing that he was pleased.

“Do you want to read some dialogue with me instead?”

“Read?”

He rolls his eyes before he sat beside Naeun, murmuring “fine”.

And they did speak to each other, and he was struggling with the r, c and few more letters that makes his tongue flip in his mouth, making her chuckles.

“Is this fun to you?”

He asks, tone dry.

She stops laughing in difficulties, mouthing sorry.

“When do this end?”

“We have another 30 minutes sir.”

She said, after glancing to her watch.

“Stop calling me sir. I was just joking.”

He said, flipping her book close.

“We aren’t finished.”

She frowns as she looks at him. He shrugs and stood up.

“But I’m bored. Let’s go for a walk at a breezy place. Do you have any recommendation?”

“Hangang.”

“Oh. I heard about it a lot. So, let’s go.”

She was dumbfounded again but why she just follows him makes her wonder herself.

+++

“Naeun?”

She stopped walking and let Woohyun walks alone. Her body froze on the spot. But she doesn’t turn to the voice. Her heart feels that it will burst anytime. She feels the anxiety, the traumatic when she heard the once melodic voice.

“It’s really you.”

He said and walks to her, standing on her eyes level. She still froze. Her heart aching all of a sudden that she feels the need of oxygen.

“You had grown prettier.”

His hand was about to travel to her hair when she flinch, her eyes fiery when she steps away furiously.

“Don’t touch me. Ever again.”

He chuckles and settled his hands inside his pocket. Nodding.

“What are you up to now?”

“None of your business.”

Her voice cold and the ache in her heart worsen. She needs a place to hide. Her anxiety strikes again. She was about to walk away when he pulls her hand and she ended up crashing onto him and she screams.

Woohyun who was about few meters away from the chaos spots Naeun and he ran to them, pulling Naeun to him before his fist landed on the guy’s handsome face.

He looks at Naeun with those worried eyes that look charming as ever.

“Are you okay?”

He then checks on her body, her hands, her face and all before he looks at her pale face.

“Did this guy hurt you anywhere? Or did he?”

He couldn’t end his word when Naeun hugs him tightly; clutching on his shirt. He can feels her heart beats wildly on his chest and he got the cue. She is afraid of that guy.

“Just who are you man?”

The guy asks him, barely standing up to the impact and Woohyun glances at the fragile Naeun who lips still quivering in his embrace and with hatred on his expression, he told him.

“I’m her boyfriend. Don’t ever let me see you close to her ever again.”

He then cups on the back of her hair before he continues.

“Or you won’t be alive the next day.”

The man quickly ran away from the place and Naeun started to feel better; weirdly just by listening to his calm heartbeat and his warm hand that was caressing her hair.

She calms down, few minutes after and started to leave his shirt. It wrinkled by her hard clutching and she looks at him in an apologetic gaze.

“I’m sorry. I was. I’m.”

“It’s fine. I know he made you this way.”

He pats her hair and holds her hand in his, started to walk again.

“Don’t you want me to tell you about him?”

She asks, glancing on her hand that was in his.

“No need. It’s your personal. I won’t get into my tutor personal things.”

He said, chuckling and turns to glances at Naeun.

“Buy me ice cream.”

“Huh?”

Naeun asks; suddenly becomes dumb.

“Buy me ice cream. My knuckles are swollen now. you should at least buy me ice cream.”

Hearing that, Naeun quickly hold his other hand to checks on his knuckles. It really is turning blue. He must have hit him hard.

“I’ll get this treated.”

“Aniya. This will get better with time. But my heart is not if I don’t get some cooling ice cream.”

“Your heart?”

She asks, blinking her eyes.

“Seeing you getting scared like earlier, my heart was hurting too. I don’t even know why.”

He chuckles, pulling his injured hand from hers and pats her hand.

“I dislike girls like you actually. I was once left by my two years girlfriend when she suddenly got someone richer than I am.”

“But he is rich as well.”

Naeun thought, silently following him to where the ice cream vendor is at.

“She makes me hate girls. But I don’t know why I can’t let you have bad impression on me.”

“Woohyun ssi.”

“I tried to make you go by being mischievous. But you stay. And you are patience enough.”

He said, turning at her and smiled once again.

“I’ll do it right. I’m being playful earlier. I’m sorry.”

“You are acting?”

He nods, rubbing his nape.

“Let’s be friend first. And you can call me oppa too. Even though it’s kinda embarrassing because you are my tutor.”

“Kenchana.”

Naeun smiled.

“What flavor do you like?”

“Green tea.”

He said and she bought two cones for them. She passed one to him and asks him to sits on a bench.

“You save me from the person who changed me to a sullen person. I am thankful.”

She said and both were silent until Woohyun send her home.

“See you again tutor nim.”

Naeun smiled and went into her room. She gave Eunji a smile and she was dumbfounded at that.

“Naeun ah, something happen?”

“He is different unni.”

“Who?”

“Him.”

“Him who?”

She smiles and shakes her head, before grabbing her towel and went into the bathroom.

+++

“I’m going home earlier today oppa. I’ll add up the minutes I cut from today to next week’s okay.”

“Wait.”

He stops her when Naeun starts to tidy up her things.

“Where are you going?”

“It’s my close unni’s birthday. I’m going to helps her boyfriend with the preparations.”

“Just two of you?”

She nods, smiling as she zips her bag.

“Naeun ah.”

She raises her eyebrow at him.

“Yes.”

“I’ll be bored if the class ends this early. Can I urm perhaps.”

“Do you want to come with me?”

She cuts him off and Woohyun grins, scratching his head.

“Can I?”

“Of course if you promise to help.”

“I will. Just tell me what to do. I’ll do it.”

“Okay. I’ll get Sunggyu oppa know on our way. You can get ready.”

Woohyun get ready as quick as he can. Naeun can only chuckles upon looking at him.

“Let’s go. Let’s go with my car.”

“Gurae oppa.”

+++

“Who is he?”

Eunji asks when she sat beside Naeun, Woohyun was in the circle of Sunggyu’s friend, chatting. Men really need short time to be friends.

“He is him.”

“Him?”

Naeun nods.

“That him?”

She nods again, smiling and holds Eunji’s hand dearly.

“That him.”

Eunji smiled, getting the meaning behind Naeun’s smile and she was glad that Naeun finally is opening up.

“Who is that?”

Chorong, the birthday girl asks as she sat down with them and both Naeun and Eunji answers simultaneously.

“Him.”

And the girls laughs before the surprised looking Chorong smiled too after she too get what they mean.

 

 

 

Random and cliché? LOL

But here you go. Another story, with another male idol, someone requested to me, that I should write Naeun with Woohyun, and I wrote it.

Hope you like it dear…