Reset- Kim Jongin

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

 

*A/N: NOT A HAPPY ENDING

 

 


She chuckles as she stares at the document.

“Really Jongin?”

“Sign it Eun. We can’t go through with this marriage anymore.”

“What did I told you? We shouldn’t get married.”

“And what? Jongeun born out of wedlock?”

“What is the difference even?”

She leans and take the paper, hands trembles searching for a pen.

“Omma.”

She stops and Kai quickly grabs the paper from her.

“Go to him. Just sign this later.”

She went to her son and carries him in her arm.

“Wae?”

“I’m hungry.”

Naeun laughs and Kai turns away.

“Let’s eat then.”

The two years old cheers and soon his mother kisses his face all over.

“Appa eat?”

“Appa is going out darling.”

She said without looking at her husband and proceed to the kitchen. Kai left the house with a slam on the door; Naeun flinch but soon she smiles and shakes her head at her puzzled looking son.

“Time to eat.”

She announce while trying very hard to sound happy and Jongeun claps his hand when he saw his favourite food.

+++

“Is it that bad?”

“We fought literally every second. It’s been months that we last sleep in one bed.”

Chorong sighs, rubbing Naeun’s back.

“I shouldn’t agree to get married. I raise Jongeun alone too, even though I am married.”

“Naeunnie, there might be reason for this to happen.”

“Yeah unni. But I still don’t know if the reason is good.”

“Naeun, I was just wondering if there is anyone else?”

“No. Not him too.”

“It can be fix maybe Naeun ah.”

“We fight if we talk. And he had given up too.”

“Did you sign it?”

“Not yet. I was interrupted by Jongeun.”

“Don’t sign it.”

“Why?”

“Just don’t do it. Maybe he’ll forget about it?”

Naeun think about it and nods. It might worth trying.

+++

-I am fetching Jongeun and we’ll spend some time together-

Naeun read and ignore it like usual. She packs her stuffs and leave the room after bowing them a goodbye.

As she returns home to an empty space, Naeun did her routine, just that the house lack Jongeun. She always had the idea to just walk away from the house, leave Jongin and the craps he always said but every time Jongeun held her with his small hands, she lost. Maybe she could endure, just for a little bit until he grown bigger.

She turns on the coffee machine, and trot her way to the washing room, putting one after another of her clothes, along with Jongin’s, sighing at how she still do it despite their daily grumble.

Jongin and her, they met when both don’t want commitment. She is a teacher and pianist, she volunteer in church at Sunday while Jongin is a complete opposite of her. He is a dancer and a DJ who cares about nothing but his own self.

She and him never match. She wears rainbow while he always the dark and emo person. But then, nothing matters to them. The is great. So yeah, both enjoyed while obvious that they are just using each other.

She heard the ding from the coffee machine and pours the extra black liquid, pushing the sugar container back to its place and settled with just the black and bitter coffee. She went to the only chair she places near the window, looking out at the busy city near her apartment.

A sigh escapes her as she sips the hot liquid. She will be busy with Jongeun if he is home, joking and playing around while she waited for the machines to do part of her work.

Jongeun is a ball of sunshine. Though both of them never wanted a kid; they weren’t into a serious relationship apart from having so when she was doomed, she was terrified. Kai was being a jerk by ignoring her for weeks.

He came back to her one day, ask her to marry him. She agreed then, after two months when people throws ugly stares and words at her. Only for the sake of Jongeun.

They did continue pleasuring each other, Naeun’s hormone is up and down and they sometimes even argue about that. Especially when Jongin is in the mood but Naeun turns him down.

It’s been two years and a half that they had their marriage, hell of a marriage on both side she believe. Chorong and her husband had been a great help, Naeun has no family to lean on. Kai has one, a mother but he too doesn’t care about her and Naeun didn’t ask.

She was deep into her own world, when the bell rang. Up to her feet, she pulls her sweater to cover herself and opens the door.

“Yes?”

She asks the two officer who both had the sad expression on their face. She starts to worry.

“Is Kim Jongin your husband?”

Her heart starts to race. She nods, face pale with anxious.

“We are sad to tell you that he met with an accident. We only find this address in your son’s backpack.”

“Jongeun is with him?”

The officer nods and Naeun excuse herself after asking for details, trying to be as compose as she can.

She get to her car with very much difficulties, wiping her scared tears and starts driving to the told hospital.


+++

She wore that colour that she hate the most; black, she doesn’t care if people are looking at her with symphaty. All she care is that she can send Jongeun to the better place that he deserved.

She was feeling disgusted on herself. She lead herself to this. She thinks he will be careful when he handled Jongeun but Jongin still is the Jongin that she knows. He cares only about himself.

One by one the people leaves, most are the people from her work place, Jongeun’s friends parents, and some of her neighbours. Chorong was there, helps her in ways that she can.

Naeun is sick of getting console from people. She is at fault, why does people pitied her?

“We believe that he was on the phone by the time of the accident.”

That was enough to tell her how unwanted Jongeun too in Jongin’s life. The small fairy that brightens Naeun’s day and night since last two years, not even a par with a dust to him.

“Stay off your phone while you handle him.”

Kai never tried to do even that one. She went to the hospital, four days after. He was lying on the bed, Naeun recognize one of his friend that was there during their marriage registration. He excuse himself out when she came in. Naeun stood still at the end of his bed.

“How could you?”

She asks to the heavily bandaged man. She can see tear falls out of his eyes, mouth quivers to say something but Naeun had it enough.

Enough of Jongin, enough of trying, enough of this marriage.

The first thing she does when she arrived home is signing the document that was left untouched in the drawer of her study.

The next morning, Naeun went to Jongin who was going to get discharged. He saw her coming and stops what he was doing.

“Here, you are free from me.”

She said and he caught her wrist, spun her around with his hand which only has few cuts on.

“I’m sorry, Eun. I’m careless. Forgive me.”

“If your sorry can bring my son back. I’ll give that to you.”

“Damn Naeun. It’s a mistake.”

“Everything is a mistake. Even meeting you is a mistake.”

Naeun pulls her hand away, it to hold herself from crying. No one going to soothe her there. No one.

“Eun.”

“You want a quit. I should give you earlier. I tried to hold on but you give up my kid instead.”

“I’m tired. All of the fighting and quarrel.”

“If you are tired, learn to rest, not quitting.”

She said finally and leave.

It's reset. She is back to square one. The only thing that change is that she is full of scars.

 

 

 


I warned you guys.