Sweet Nerd- Lee Taemin

Naeun One Shot Collections


“Again?”

He asked when Kai sprays perfume on his pulse. The latter grins and winked at him.

“You should join us and get yourself on socializing once Taem.”

“I don’t believe that I’ll be fine getting women from night club. I want someone decent to be my wife.”

“I’m not saying that you have to get married if you get laid chingu ya. It’s called having fun.”

“If I get into a relationship, I’ll treasure her.”

“Whatever old man.”

Said Kai and quickly leave before he was lectured by his childhood friend.

“When will you grow up Kai ah.”

He mumbles and set his alarm before he sleeps. He will be having a battle on waking Kai up again tomorrow; he guess.


+++


“Are you sure you will be okay going alone baby? I can accompany you.”

“I’m okay oppa. Sehun is going to be there too.”

“But still.”

“Don’t worry. You are going to be busy since you and oppa-deul is setting up a new company. Plus, Sehun said he will help me.”

“I’ll at least send you.”

“Hun is picking me up oppa. And he is here.”

“Aishh.”

Naeun kissed his cheek and hugs him before she took her things with her.

“I’ll tell you how it’s going okay.”

“Deh. Sehun ah. Take good care of her.”

He said to Sehun and the younger shows two thumbs up and smiles at Dongwoon.

“I’m going oppa.”

Dongwoon has to reluctantly let her go then.


+++


“This is Naeun, my best friend.”

Sehun introduced her to his buddy as he dubbed them, which is quite a handful than she thought.

“That’s Suho hyung, Minseok hyung, Lay hyung, Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung, Kyungsoo hyung, Jongdae hyung and Kai.”

Naeun bows and greets them with a bright smile and Sehun keeps holding her shoulder.

“We have another one but he is around the library so I’ll introduced you later. You can turn to them all if you want anything, except that guy.”

He said as he points on Kai and that guy kicked him on his shin. Sehun ow as he jumps on his place, Naeun laughs.

“He is the playboy, and I don’t want my Naeun to be close to him.”

Sehun continued after a while and hugs her from the side again.

“I won’t do it to friend’s friend jerk.”

He said and took Naeun’s hand and kisses the back of her hand like an English person before Sehun pushed him back down on his seat.

“Hands off.”

“Arasseo. You are worse than Taem man.”

He said and Sehun cracks.

“No one can be as proper as him bro.”

He cooed and Naeun was curious on who the guy that they talk about. Sehun who sense that nods.

“You will meet him later. The nerd of our bunch.”

He continues and received a smack from Suho. Naeun laughs when he hid behind her.

“Aishh hyung. It’s hurt.”

He said, smoothing his hair.

“Don’t say that about him.”

He reprimand Sehun and smiles at Naeun.

“He is the sweetest of us all Naeun ah. You will like him.”

With that, Kai burst laughing and that tan man also earn a smack from Suho.

“What did I say about mocking Taemin?”

“Sorry hyung.”

“Sorry.”

Sehun too quickly apologize and Suho has that father smile on his face.

“Good.”

Naeun chuckles and she hope that she can meet Taemin soon.


***


“Babe, you can handle alone right? I have to go. Practice is happening real soon and coach Minho will have me run around the field 10 times for every minute that I’m late.”

“I’ll be fine. I can just ask around too.”

Said Naeun and Sehun looks around and reluctantly left her alone after patting her head.

“I’ll call you during break.”

His voice trails off as he runs and Naeun chuckles, caresses her hair that are messy from Sehun’s touch and turns around.

“Here is quite scary.”

Naeun mumbles when some girls throw a look at her and she quickly scrambles her feet away from there.

“No bullies.”

She whispers to herself, feeling at ease.


+++


“Okay, where is it again?”

She whispers to herself and bites her lower lips as she walks, eyes shifting from the map on the pamphlet in her hand and her surrounding.

She was focusing on the paper when she bumps onto someone and falls down bum first with a yelp.

“Clumsy as ever.”

She mouthed to herself and was about to stand when someone helps her.

“Thank you.”

She said and the man nods. He is quite handsome even though he has that glasses and hair covering his forehead. Naeun smiled.

“Are you okay?”

He asks softly.

“I’m fine.”

She said, smiling and he nods again.

“Sorry but can you tell me where is this class?”

“Are you new?”

He asks reluctantly and she nods with a pout out of her habit and she swears his lips curl up a bit for a smile. Gladly.

“I’m heading there for my class, so.”

“I’d love to. I was out of the office and lose my way.”

“That could happen for new student.”

He said and Naeun coyly nod.

“This is the class. You can just sit anywhere.”

“Thank you again.”

Naeun said and he just nod again. She smiled at how unique his character is.

“Interesting.”

She said, sitting few bench away from him. She went in front when the lecturer saw her and introduce herself. The guy from earlier was looking at her when she speak and quickly bows his head when she smiles at him.

“Pay attention guys.”

And Naeun focus on the class though 70% is on that man from earlier. She is smitten she guess


+++


“Babe, we are at the cafe, come on, I bought food for you.”

Naeun ends the call and shakes her head. Sehun and his whiny voice still doesn’t change even after growing that tall.

She took her things and stand out of the class, wondering which way she should take and he once again becomes his saviour.

“Go to your left if you want to go to the cafe.”

He said before he walks off again. Naeun smiles and walks to her left with the guy walking in front and she saw how excited Sehun waves at her when he saw her.

Naeun crooked when the guy when to Sehun’s table and sat there but join Sehun anyway.

“Hyung.”

Sehun nudges him and holds Naeun’s arms as he stands beside her.

“My childhood friend, Naeun. Say hi.”

“Oh. This is that Taemin?”

Naeun asks, blinking and Sehun nods.

“You met?”

“Yes. He help me to my first class.”

“Taemin helps you?”

Sleepy Lay asks and the others spot the same shocked expression, including Sehun who dramatically open his mouth but then clapping.

“He must have swoon by her.”

Minseok said and Naeun chuckles, glancing at Taemin whose cheek had turn slightly pink. She pushes Sehun off of her and he pouts before pulling her to sit beside him.

“Meat sandwich that you like. I tell ahjumma to put more since my meat monster is eating.”

“Stop calling her yours kiddo.”

Kai said with an annoyed tone; the others seem to be interested in food more than the younger bickering.

“Wae? She is mine. My only girl best friend.”

He said and Naeun pats his cheek, he childishly grins and eats his lunch. Naeun glances at Taemin who silently eat and she smiles before eating and the table soon become noisy when Chanyeol and Baekhyun joins them.

She has a lot to share with Dongwoon for sure and wonder where do she start. From Taemin maybe? Naeun grins and Sehun pinches her cheek, asking her to eat more.


+++


Naeun huffs and scratches her head, mumbling why she never pay attention in Maths. She even prays and apologizes for her action and tries to solve the last two questions.

One after another student had left and there Naeun is, still with the paper that need to be submit tomorrow. Naeun is close to scream if not because she is in a library.

“Do you want a help?”

Naeun smoothen her hair and pluck the pen from . She pouts as she tilt her head, trying to look pitiful than she was right then.

“Totally Taemin. I’ve been going through it since last hour.”

She scoots away and pats the spot next to her and Taemin sat down, leaving a safe distance. He starts to scribble the way to solve the problem and Naeun let agape at how smooth he write the steps to finally solve the answer.

“How did you do that? I’m close to lose my mind.”

She stares at the steps he made and nodding while he points the right term Taemin smiles at her behaviour and soon she scoot very close to him, giving him a hug. A quick one but that succeed in making his heart skip a beat.

“I think I get it now. You are really good.”

She exclaimed in a whisper, dramatically clasps her hand together and look at him like he was some sort of rare diamond and he shyly smiled.

“I just do nothing other than solving them and I love maths as well so.”

He raises his shoulder, chuckling and Naeun punches his shoulder playfully.

“Ara ara. Anyway thanks! I will ask you again if I have other problem.”

She took his phone that he place on the table and signal him to unlock it. She dialled her number from his phone and smiles widely when it went through.

“I will bother you from time to time. You are okay with it right?”

“Of course. I’m pleased to help.”

“Great!”

She put her things in her bag and waves at him as she skips her way out of the library. Taemin slowly breath. He doesn’t realize he had been holding in his breath. Thank God he is still alive. He thought, first time thinking like a fool.

“People don’t die just with that.”

He murmurs after he find back his sanity, trotting his way to the dorm. He find Kai bed empty and the shower is on. He is sure that kid is going out again tonight so he can daydream.

“Good idea.”

Taemin smiled at his thought. Once again that day he act like a fool. Just that he doesn’t know why he is acting that way.


+++


“Aren’t you going out today?”

He asks Kai who was drying his hair. He simply shakes his head.

“I hurt my back while dancing with Naeun. I’m resting tonight.”

“Naeun?”

“Yeah. Sehun’s childhood friend. He is such a pain. Always there with her that I can’t focus. Ended up on the floor after the turn. Embarassing.”

Taemin laughs and Kai throws a pillows at him. He stops laughing, closing his book and went to help him put on some patch.

“Kai ah. Can I ask you something?”

“Not about academic of course. I’m sick of them.”

“Aniya. It’s something else.”

Kai crooked his mouth but then nods.

“What is it?”

“Is there necessary thing one should do if they are going to date?”

“Are you trying to hook up?”

“Don’t say it that way. I’m interested in someone.”

“Hmm.”

Kai look at Taemin and shakes his head.

“No specific thing really. You have to know if she likes you too. Then you plan for the next step.”

Taemin was about to grab his diary when Kai pulls him by his collar and sighing dramatically.

“Don’t even write that down. Just try to be normal at least.”

“I am being normal.”

Taemin said, scratching his head.

“Whatever.”

The playboy mumbles, lying down with a sigh.

“Who is she actually?”

Taemin blush instead of answering Kai. Kai rolls his eyes.

“Of course you’d do that. Just sleep. Ask me again if you know that she likes you too. I’ll teach you the next step.”

Kai groans once again as he tries to lie down on his side and gives up when he can’t. Taemin still in his thinking mode so Kai sat down.

“What is your next question?”

“Do I have to follow some specific way? I don’t want to break some etiquettes while.”

“Woah woah. There is no such kind of etiquette or crap. You being yourself is more than enough. Don’t creep that girl out. Whoever she is. Alright?”

Kai lie down on his side, successful at last and starts snoring soon. Taemin bites his lips.

“Will Naeun like me?”

He scratches his head the second time that day and walks to his bed. He can’t wake Kai to ask more questions anymore so he took out his diary, smiling at the polaroid of him and Naeun that Naeun took when they are studying together; more to him tutoring her.

“Let’s capture this moment.”

He remember how he shyly smile for the camera. The closeness is too overwhelming that he becomes nervous until the study session ended.

See you again Taemin. I’ll call you neh.”

Taemin smiled again, carefully slip the photo in the diary and hugs it to sleep. He dreams about flowers and unicorn that night. He is pleased.


+++


“I’m late. I’m late. I’m late.”

She chanted and ran as fast as she could when she was stopped by a group of girls.

“Now what?”

She mumbles and one of then girl heard her.

“Are you cursing?”

No she didn’t hear her. Naeun thinks and straightens her dress.

“I’m not. Just let me go. I’m already late.”

“Swear that you are not going to date Taemin oppa. We’ll let you go.”

“Deh?”

She sure is surprised. They stop her for Taemin. Really? She shakes her head. She never saw anyone near the handsome nerd. And what is this mess?

“Don’t make that face newbie. You don’t know what we can do.”

Another one of them said, smirking. She knows from that tone they are just trying their luck so she crosses her arms, trying to be more intimidating. It success everytime.

“And you don’t know what I can do. I just have to snap my finger once, they will be here to protect me.”

That sure make them flinched. The middle one just point a finger at Naeun and taps her minion, left the spot quickly. Naeun glances at her watch. She is late by 10 minutes.

“Just great.”

She mumbles, running to the class. And when the class ended, the first person she looks for is Taemin, ignoring her childish friend who whine when Naeun ignored him.

As soon as she spot the sweet guy, she beamed at him whose cheek had turned rosy at the attention Naeun gives him in the middle of the cafe.

“Taemin ah. Let’s date.”

She said, and hugs the latter. She heard the guys cheered, gasps and screams at the scene but she can’t held it in anymore. She likes him and she knows he kind of comfortable with her so why not?

And on Taemin part; he himself is shocked that he didn’t passed out right there and then.

 

 

 


I tried a different one and I need to see if you guys will like it if it ends this way.
Lots of love, Cherrykaieun ♡