You Change Me- Yongguk

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

Naeun flinch with a gasps of horror, making him turns to where the voice comes from.

“Naeun?”

He called and then he lets go of the guy who had beaten to a pulp by him and he fall on the floor with a loud thump and she gasps once again. The guy looks so weak that he could die anytime soon.

“Oppa. Why? That’s.”

She keeps widening her eyes, despite it has become glassy, fills with tears.

“Naeun ah.”

He called her and approach Naeun but then he saw the glint of sacredness in her eyes.

“Good job Yongguk, you scare the little kitten too now.”

She flinched when the guy groans in pain and stood up; limping and spit out blood from his mouth. He then wipes it with the back of his hand.

“You are done now?”

He asks Yongguk but the guy was too occupied with Naeun and the glint in her eyes bothers him. He even didn’t notice the approaching footsteps from earlier guy. Naeun saw he took a thing from the ground and she screams oppa when the latter swings the bat forcefully to Yongguk’s nape. It happen too sudden, she couldn’t do anything but stares when he falls on the ground, knees first, his eyes were staring on her and she could hear he whispers “Naeun ah” before he pass out.

+++

“Noona.”

Zelo called the dazed looking Naeun and earns a faint reply from her.

“Oh Zelo ya.”

Her eyes still on the ward in front of her eyes, but her stares are empty.

“Why aren’t you going in?”

“Molla.”

She answers shortly.

“Why?”

He asks carefully. He knows Naeun saw everything. He just want to know what she feels right at the moment.

“I don’t know if.”

She can’t continue her words and she shakes her head.

“You are here to see him right? Go inside. He is alone since he wakes up.”

“Noona. You.”

“I need to think.”

She cuts him, smiling and patting his hands that were holding her shoulder.

“I should get going.”

She looks at her outfit which has some stain of blood.

“Yeh noona. But you will come back right?”

She just smiles again and walks away from him; after she glances to the ward where he is in. Zelo knows she needs time. And he is going to let her take her time.

+++

“Naeun?”

Zelo shrugs and sits on the chair beside his hyung’s bed.

“How are you feeling?”

“This is nothing. She saw me Jun Hong ah.”

“Didn’t you tell noona the reason hyung?”

He shakes his head.

“I can’t bring myself to talk to her. Her eyes are full of fear when she looks at me.”

“You have to tell noona it’s the last time. Because you have to do it. Not that you want to. We all know you want to leave the gang.”

“What if she doesn’t want to meet me anymore?”

“She said that she wants time.”

Zelo said. Yongguk sighs. He gets back to his lying position and closes his eyes, arm on his forehead.

“Do you want me to go?”

Yongguk opens his eyes and looks at Zelo.

“Do me a favor Jun Hong.”

“What is it hyung?”

“Can you check on her while I’m here? I’m afraid.”

Zelo nods.

“I will hyung. Take some rest.”

Yongguk nods after a while and closes his eyes to get some sleep.

+++

It’s been about a week after the incident and Naeun still wasn’t taking any action to visit or checks on Yongguk. She keeps spacing out in class and she often spent her time in library, thinking of the thing she saw last week.

“What do I do?”

She thought when she remembers him.

Yongguk is a sweet and caring man. He shows his cool side to her every time they see each other and he manages to penetrate into Naeun’s iron wall.

She fell into his eyes that only fill with her. She loves it when she was with him. Her stress over assignments, extra classes, exams lessen when he is there.

That’s how important he is to her.

But all relationship won’t just stay as lovely as ever. What she saw proves that he is human being too. Not a fallen angel that was sent to her. She should have known it from his appearance. He spots the look, the mysterious look. Just that she doesn’t ever imagine he will be in a gang. A powerful one too.

“He joins them since high school. He can’t leave that easy. Not that he doesn’t want to.”

Zelo told her when he manages to stop her last two days. But that doesn’t prove anything. And she can’t manage to say any of her thought.

Naeun glances to her watch and then looks at the window. The sky is dark. She looks at her papers and realizes she did nothing but thinking of Yongguk all these time. Shaking her head over her silliness, Naeun organizes her things and puts it in her bag.

She bows to the librarian before she went out, sighing her thought away and hugs her body while she walks to the alley to went to her house.

She saw a familiar figure, leaning on a brick wall while she walks and stops. Her eyes dilated. It’s Yongguk. The stitches on his face had been removed. She saw some scars on his arm, his elbow to be exact and her heart churns in pain.

She did not even once visits him after that day she walks away. She was going to stay on the spot for few moment more, looking at him silently but Yongguk turns to her direction and saw her.

“Naeun ah.”

He calls her and she froze. Not that she scared of him but she even doesn’t know what the meaning of the turmoil she is having is.

Yongguk moves to her and he encloses her in a tight hug, kissing the top of her head. He then loosens the hug after he receives no response from her. He holds her arm and leans forward so that he can see her eyes.

“Look into my eyes that only fill with you alone.”

He said with a tint of sadness. Naeun lowered her head. Yongguk leaves her arm and steps backwards.

“I’m scary?”

He asks in a whisper and Naeun nods.

“But my heart just wants you that I don’t have any idea what should I do.”

She said in a low voice, sobbing away her tears.

“Naeun ah.”

She breaks into tears and her head falls on his chest.

“What have you done to me? Why it’s you? I never imagine that I will fall a namja like you. Why?”

She asks the obvious and Yongguk stood there, absorbing to the situation. Naeun loves him. He can only come up with it.

“It’s the last time.”

He said finally. Naeun still had her head on his chest. Yongguk swallows a lump in his throat.

“I want to leave the gang and that is the thing I have to do. Went through a duel with him. But you saw me and you start to fear of me.”

Naeun raises her head and hugs him now. She caresses his back as she rested her chin on his wide shoulder. She had stopped crying.

“I don’t care anymore. I don’t care about the perfect life I want to pursue. I just want you now. A person who can always protect me no matter what.”

Yongguk hugs her back and rested his lips on her forehead.

“Thank you Naeun ah. You are the reason I want to stop doing dirty things for life. I stop hurting people.”

Naeun nods and kisses him slightly on his lips.

“Zelo told me about your plan on the café.”

“I’m going to run it as a new beginning to my new life. Will you be by my side and see it?”

“I’m sure will.”

She answers and he now saw love in her eyes, just like what he saw when they first become a couple.