There Is Hope- Kim Myungsoo

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

“My patient?”

Nurse Bomi nodded with a smile.

“He is handsome.”

“But he is mentally ill.”

Nurse Hayoung said, sighing dramatically. Doctor Eunji then knocks the younger head.

“Don’t ever said that about our patients. Told you several time already. Not fear of doctor Chorong?”

“I’m sorry.”

Hayoung said before she runs with Nurse Bomi.

“These girls.”

She mumbles and sit in front of a PC.

“Do you have more information about this patient Nurse Namjoo?”

Naeun asks when there is barely nothing on his report.

“That’s all we got. He refuse to talk to anyone.”

Naeun pouts.

“How they expect that I can make him?”

Namjoo shrugs and grins.

“Good luck Doctor!”

She said and Naeun left to check on her patient.

The room is dark and a bit scary that she feel goose bumps upon entering. She turn on the light switch and was startled when she was met with a dishevelled guy, lying down on the floor instead of the bed.

“Myungsoo ssi.”

She called and she expect to not get a response but then he turns to see her with the empty eyes.

“I’m Naeun.”

She said, trying to make him speak as she scoots closer. But she receives no response this time.

“Would you like to be my friend?”

“Why?”

He asks flatly. Now only he takes his eyes off of her. Naeun smiled. At least he talks.

“Because I want to know about you.”

He let out a snicker. Standing and walks to his bed. Naeun watch as he did so. She observes him.

“And then?”

“Deh?”

“After you know about me. What are you going to do?”

His voice, despite sounded slow and unsteady is quite masculine and deep which makes Naeun slightly trembled.

“I’ll tell you about me.”

He turns again, to see Naeun who has a smile plasters on her face. He quickly turns again, now lying down on his side, closing his eyes.

“Myungsoo ssi?”

She called, walking to him.

“Myungsoo ssi?”

She called again but she receives no response. So Naeun walks to the other side of the bed and saw that he was shutting his eyes.

“Get some sleep then Myungsoo ssi. I’ll come again.”

Naeun looks around the room and then sighing before she get out.

“Find out who admitted him here Nurse Namjoo.”

“Right away Doctor.”

Naeun smiles and thanked her before she grabs her snack bar and walks to the pantry, with Myungsoo’s file in her hand.

 

+++

 

Naeun stands and she fixes her scarf around her neck. When she thinks that she is presentable, she ring the door bell.

“Yes?”

A maid, as how she was dressed open the door for her and Naeun tell her that she had made an appointment with the owner.

She was then lead to a room, and was told to wait. Naeun nods and thanked her, sitting on an English style couch, her eyes wanders around, praising the taste of whoever that had choose this kind of interior.

“Doctor Son.”

Naeun stood and bow to a women in her fifties, smiling at her. Her face is heavy with make up and the red lips is sure intimidating.

“I heard that you came from the hospital.”

“Yes. Kim Myungsoo is my patient.”

“Oh our poor Myungsoo. How he is doing there? Did he cause any trouble?”

Naeun scanned the lady in suspicious and she shakes her head.

“We are still in discussion on what might his state is. So I’m here to check his room. Can you allowed me that?”

“Is it necessary?”

“Of course. I want to see his daily life here. It will be easy for us to place him in the asylum.”

She said calmly, a smile spread across her face. The lady seem convinced and she signals her maid to take Naeun to Myungsoo’s room.

His room is creepy as he is. Naeun thought when she was left alone in that room. The light was lit but its still not that bright.

She walks around and sat on his bed. It was thin and she pitied him right away. The house is huge and had an exquisite design but why is this room seem off? She stands and her eyes caught something abnormal on the bed. It was slanted so she went back to it.

She found a diary that was tucked under the bed and frowns at the handwriting. It’s an old book, and he might write them when he was a kid.

Naeun flips a page and read.

She whipped me again. What’s wrong have I done this time?

I am in a lot of pain. Won’t there be anyone who will help me?

She closes the book and carefully place them in her handbag. She then walks away from the bed and stands in the middle. She looks around the room. No windows at all.

“Just how did he live in this condition?”

She was about to walks into the bathroom when she saw a bottle, hidden behind a pillar. She took it and opens the lid. She frowns.

“Why would he take this pills?”

That bottle too then settles in her bag and she quickly called the hospital.

“Run a full blood check on Kim Myungsoo. Tell them that I’ll fetch the result by myself.”

After she get a yes from the staff, she activates her investigative sense and starts looking around his room.

As a result, she gets more ‘evidence’ than she first wanted. She shakes her head before she soon excuse herself.

Naeun bites her lips when she was now in her car. She is going to find out everything that she could about Myungsoo and how he is now admitted in a mental hospital.

You ask why? Maybe because she is curious. Or maybe its about something else.

 

+++

After a few days meeting him and have a little conversation, Naeun is sure that Myungsoo was not crazy. They might lie that he was. So the next day, she dressed up a bit and makes her way to Myungsoo’s room.

“Hi chingu.”

She said in a bright tone and she saw him scans her.

“You use a new lipstick colour.”

He said shortly, sitting on his bed.

He even notices the small change in her; Naeun is confident her observation is right.

“Is it lovely?”

“You are pretty so everything looks good on you.”

Naeun smiles, sitting beside him which makes him look at her.

“Myungsoo ssi, I need to tell you something.”

“What? Do I have to undergo shock treatment?”

“Aniyo. How did you grow up in that room?”

Myungsoo looks shock so he pay attention to Naeun.

“You went to my house?”

She nods, taking out his diary.

“Tell me so I can help you.”

Myungsoo let out a shaky breath and then he sighs.

“You read them don’t you?”

“I did read them. I’m sorry but I am here to help.”

He nods after a moment and looks at the window which Naeun had told him to open them every morning.

“I am the sole heir of my family fortune. That’s the only cause. My father is the President of Kim Holdings. We have quite a lot of subordinate under us even though we are not the biggest company.”

Naeun calmly listening to him, taking it all in her mind.

“He married my mother, after they have me, a cousin of him come to our house seeking for help. He took them in and they live with us.”

“No one knows that they came with an evil intention, that is to rob my family fortune.”

“What happen then?”

She asks with a thin line formed on her forehead. Myungsoo fists his hand.

“They killed my mother at first, pushing her from the stair. I saw it and told my father. He wrote a will right after that.”

“He knows he might not be with you for the rest of your life, so he inherited everything to you.”

“Deh. And my uncle is the legal guardian because I’m a kid then. The fortune will go to the many if they killed me. That’s why they keep me alive, send me to school and even give me workers.”

He added. Smiled.

“I’m glad someone did believe in me.”

Naeun pats his hand.

“Of course I do.”

He smiled again, showing his handsome dimple.

“Doctor, I don’t know if this help but I had a butler.”

“Are you close?”

He nods again.

“What’s his name? Do you know where he is now?”

“He was fired because he finally knows too what my uncle had been doing. He suspects him and ask few to investigate, he found the evidences.”

“Your uncle knew about it?”

“No I guess. Because last I check, he is still alive.”

“I’ll try look for him.”

“You can do that?”

“I’m capable more than this Myungsoo ssi. Rest assure. I’ll help you.”

She smiled and he too smiled warmly, feeling thankful.

 

+++

 

“Yes?”

Naeun flashed her smile when the male opens the door.

“Kim Sunggyu nim?”

He had that blank face but nods, acknowledging.

“I’m glad that I met you. I’ve been looking for you everywhere.”

“How did you know me?”

“Kim Myungsoo. He tell me about you.”

“Myung..Myungsoo? How did you know him?”

“Can we talk inside. It’s bit cold out here.”

“Oh I’m sorry. Come in.”

Naeun comes in and sat down while Sunggyu makes her a cup of hot coffee.

“Where is he now? Is he safe?”

“He is safe but sadly where he was might make you sad.”

“Why? Are they finally set him in a mental asylum?”

Naeun nods.

“He is not yet in there but he is now in a hospital for mental illness people. I am the doctor who is assigned to him. Son Naeun.”

“How is he?”

He asks, his tone is full of worried so Naeun smiled, assuring that he is fine.

“He is perfectly fine. I am here to ask for your favour. We have to help him out of his misery.”

“I am ready to help him with anything Doctor Son. He is a nice kid but he is living a pathetic life.”

“He does.”

She said as she thinks about Myungsoo. He is a kind man. He is a gentleman even. He never try to misbehave with her like how her old patients were. Maybe that’s why she has a soft spot for him.

“I will call you when everything is settled. We have to fight them in court.”

“Sure Doctor Son.”

Naeun thanked Sunggyu and heads to her father’s office right away.

“You seem too busy honey.”

“Appa, you know about Kim Holdings?”

“Yes. He was a good guy. We are one of their partners and he never disappoint us.”

Naeun sighs in relief.

“I want few important things to win a case and I need your help.”

“Case?”

“The inheritor of Kim Holdings need our help appa.”

Naeun is determined when she said that so her father nodded.

“I’ll help.”

 

+++

 

“Did you see him?”

“Yes.”

Naeun smiled and sat with him. Myungsoo smiles at her before he looks at his hand.

“I don’t know how can I thank you.”

“I’m not willing to see you end up in a mental asylum Myungsoo. You are not crazy at all.”

“Only you believe in me. The other think that I am crazy.”

“Maybe its from the way you act. The medicine, you did consume a few of them. It makes your brain ends up in turmoil.”

“Really? I knew it. I am not myself after I took it.”

“Hmm. But I had prescribe medicines to neutralize them so you can come out perfectly alright.”

“Will they?”

“Don’t worry.”

Naeun said as she holds his trembling hands.

“I ask them to make this confidential. Your uncle and his family don’t know.”

Myungsoo smiled with glassy eyes.

“Thank you again Doctor.”

“Call me Naeun or I’ll get angry.”

She said as she leave his hand which succeed in making Myungsoo chuckles.

“Alright Naeun.”

He said, her cheek a little. Naeun blushed and quickly holds her cheek.

“I’ll come back again.”

She then quickly leave the room, feeling hot all of a sudden.

 

+++

 

“Are you okay?”

Eunji asks and Naeun shakes her head as she downed a glass of water.

“What happen?”

“Unni. Do you think I might like him?”

“Who? Kim Myungsoo?”

Naeun nodded and Eunji laughs.

“Don’t joke around. How come? Wait.”

Eunji said as she squints her eyes.

“Is that why you always dress up to work now?”

She asks while she stares at the younger. Naeun palms her face and mumbles something incoherent.

“I’m busted right unni?”

“You sure do. But it’s fine. He is normal and it’s normal for you to fall for him. You had been treating him for months.”

“Do you think that it’s fine?”

Eunji nods.

“Solve the case first. It’s this week right?”

She nods.

“I hope we’ll win.”

“You guys will. Don’t worry. All evidence are on your way.”

Said Eunji as she ruffles her hair before taking few of her patients files.

“I have patients. See you when I see you.”

“Deh unni.”

Naeun stares when Eunji walks out of the room and she smiles right after.

“Should I visit Myungsoo?”

And she did walks to his room.

 

+++

 

Naeun stares as Sunggyu and Myungsoo hug each other, she wipes a drop of tear that falls from her eyes unknowingly.

Thank God they win the case with everyone participating to help. From the psychiatrist to her father, they all help her and Myungsoo big time.

“He might still seen as a crazy young man if you didn’t help.”

Sunggyu said to her after both make broke the emotional hug and Naeun only smile.

“Thank you so much Naeun. I will repay you.”

Myungsoo said with sincerity.

“Make sure you do.”

Naeun said and Sunggyu left them both to answer his phone. Myungsoo clears his throat while Naeun flips her hair in awkward.

“Naeun ah, now that I am not your patient anymore, can I say something?”

“Sure.”

Myungsoo walks closer to her and holds her hand to her surprise.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

Naeun blinks her eyes in disbelief.

“You like me too?”

She asks and bites her tongue when he grins.

“You must have know that I.”

He cuts her with a kiss on her lips and Naeun smiled and circles her arm around his nape.

 

 

 

 

 

 

What should I write next?