The Man Who Can’t Leave- Kim Namjoon

Naeun One Shot Collections

 


“Geuman haja.”

Naeun stops smiling and she turns to look at her boyfriend for two years.

“Stop what?”

She asked, eyes starting to turn crystal.

“This relationship. You stop me from achieving my dream.”

“I stop you?”

Namjoon nods even though he too feels heavy.

“In which way?”

“Lots of it.”

“I can fix it. Just name it oppa.”

“You are the problem Naeun. You did not give me any space.”

“Oppa.”

“The time is ticking. I have to do my best to get into the faculty.”

“Oppa, I’m okay if we don’t see each other. But please oppa, don’t dump me.”

“Ani. I had made my mind. I’m sorry.”

Namjoon left her and Naeun crystal tears wet her cheek. She just stare at his retreating back as she cry more.

“How could you oppa. How could you.”

+++

“Oh unni. You look worse.”

“Namjoo ya. Your oppa dump me.”

“What?”

Namjoo widens her eyes and Chorong, who was in the middle of stretching stood up and quickly ran over to Naeun.

“Am I clingy?”

“Do you want an honest answer unni?”

Its Hayoung who asks and Naeun pouts.

“You are but that is just your nature. Namjoon oppa knows that too and he said your aegyo which caught his attention.”

“Right?”

Naeun asks and Hayoung nodding her head.

“I still can’t register it in my head.”

Namjoo said, putting her hand under her chin.

“Didn’t he say anything even to you Namjoo ya?”

Chorong asks, now hugging Naeun. Namjoo shakes her head.

“But I think, oppa might go somewhere. He had been packing up his things.”

“Cheongmal?”

“He said I’m stopping him. So he might leave the country?”

Naeun gasps, Chorong also gasps.

“Unnie.”

Hayoung called and Naeun had now buried her head in between her legs and cried.

+++

It’s been 5 years since she was dumped and Naeun lived her life normally, after bawling her eyes up for almost 4 months.

Sehun is a great help then, along side with the girls. It’s Naeun nature, to be clingy and baby-ish. The girls especially glad that Sehun is there for her, accompanying Naeun to go for a carousel ride and eating cotton candy.

“Are you going for long Hunnie?”

She asked with a pout on her face and Sehun chuckles before he pinches her lips.

“Just two day Eun ah. I’ll be back as soon as we the project was submitted.”

“Gurae?”

Sehun nods and Naeun leans on his shoulder, hugging his arm.

“Who will accompany me for ice cream?”

Sehun laughs.

“Oh God Eun ah. I’ll just be gone for two days.”

“Still, it’s two days. 48 hours.”

“Yah! People will think that I am your boyfriend at this stage.”

“Yahhh. Don’t say things like that. We are siblings.”

“But you don’t act like you are my sister.”

“Ahhhh Hunnie.”

Sehun ruffles her hair and kisses the side of her head.

“Practice hard. You guys will have the concert in few months time. I’ll buy ice cream when I come back.”

“Deh.”

They then walk some more before they go home.

Sehun and Naeun, they are not blood sibling. They became one when their parents, Sehun’s father and Naeun’s mother married to each other. Sehun is fond of Naeun. He always wants a younger sister and when he saw how cute and childish Naeun is, he likes her right away.

“Call me oppa.”

He said but Naeun only call him oppa when she is down with fever. Sehun never complaint. Except for calling him oppa, she treats him like he is her brother.

And they really look like blood siblings but some mistaken them as lovers most of the time.

It’s okay. Sehun said one day. People tend to judge and she knows he make sense because Sehun always make sense.

+++

“Are you excited honey?”

Her mother asks the morning, two days before Naeun and her friends are going to have their first grand concert.

“I am omma. And I’m nervous too.”

“Are you? You will do good. Don’t be.”

“Do you think so omma?”

“Of course.”

“My Naeunnie will do well. Right omma?”

“Gurae Hunnie. Do you want pancake?”

“Ani omma. I have a breakfast meeting. I have to go now.”

“Ah chinca?”

“Deh.”

“Oppa, take care.”

“Arasseo I will. Oh right. I heard from my friend, a composer from UK is interested in writing song for Apink and he specially mentioned you.”

“UK? A foreigner?”

Naeun’s omma asks and Sehun chuckles before he shakes his head.

“Aniyo omma. He is a Korean, but he has been staying there for almost 5 years.”

“Oh.”

“If anyone calls you and said about him, say yes. It’s a rare thing to be acknowledge by him.”

“Alright oppa.”

Naeun answers brightly and Sehun grins before he really leave the ladies.

“He must be good right Naeunnie.”

“Deh omma. It’s hard for a Korean composer to do well even in Korea, but as what oppa said, he is a successful one in UK.”

“My daughter really did well. You catch a famous composer attention.”

Naeun giggles.

“I’m curious about him now.”

+++

The concert ends and the girls are exhausted. Naeun is checking on her solo stage intently while Namjoo sleeps on her lap.

“Naeun ah. Someone is looking for you.”

Chorong announce and Naeun stops watching her phone, she moves Namjoo’s head softly and shuffles to her manager.

“Who oppa?”

Her manager shrugs and asks her to follow another staff to a room.

“I haven’t change my last stage outfit too.”

She whines and the staff unni chuckles.

“You still look good Naeun ah. Don’t worry.”

“It’s better not be someone I don’t know. It will be awkward.”

“Here it is. Go in.”

“Gurae. Gomawo unni.”

Naeun knocks and pushes the door. She walks further inside when she can’t find anyone and stands on the centre of the room.

“How are you?”

Shocked, she turns around just to see him, in a dark outfit like how he loves to wear from years ago and smiling his famous smirk.

“Oppa.”

She mouth and Namjoon nods, walking a few steps closer.

“You are still as pretty.”

He said, caught a strand of hair from her side and pushes it behind her ears.

Naeun steps back, one, two and more before she stops. He looks at her with knowing expression. She can’t be welcoming him with hugs and kisses. He hurt her. He is lucky that he doesn’t get any slap from her.

“Slap”

He guess too early for that. His cheek stings in pain, he thinks her fingers print are there on his cheek.

“I regret that I did not slap you that day.”

“I deserve this, or more. I shouldn’t leave you like that.”

“You ruin my fantasy when you know I told you frequently that you are my prince who rode the white horse.”

Namjoon smiles at that. The child in Naeun is still there. Her face matured, but not her mind. She is still the Naeun that once his.

“Now why are you here?”

She asks while crossing her arms.

“Why are you back?”

“I’m back for you.”

“You what?”

“It’s true.”

“What are you Kim Namjoon?”

“I am the composer, Pink Monster is me.”
(A/N : I got this by watching Weekly Idol)

“Are you pulling my leg?”

“I’m seriously not.”

He jogs to his table and come back to her with a business card and few articles that got his name and picture in it.

“It’s embarrassing to prove it this way but I don’t have other option.”

“But why me? You meet ier, hotter women than I am.”

“I went there to be successful.”

“Neh?”

He make a few steps forward and more when she doesn’t budge and stops just two steps away from her.

“You are the one who stayed in here and never leave.”

Naeun bites her lips, still crossing her arms.

“Your presence is too strong. I can’t.”

He holds her hand and smiles at her.

“Let’s start again. I want us to start again.”

Even though she had too much to say or scream at him, Naeun just can’t. Instead, she melts again by his soft tone and sweet gaze. She lost in his touch and she nods by the way, signalling that she will accept him no matter what.

“Thank you beautiful.”

He said and she likes him all over again just with the simple praise.

“Son Naeun has no pride when it comes to Kim Namjoon.”

Eunji once said and she acknowledge it today.


+++


Few months later.

Apink is having a showcase for their comeback and they were in the middle of talk session. The MC asks each of the girl a question about love and soon it’s Naeun’s turn.

“So Naeun ssi, what is love to you?”

“Kim Namjoon.”

She said proudly and failed to see the surprise in her members face.

“Kim Namjoon? As what I know, he is the composer Pink Monster right?”

“Deh majayo. He is the mighty Pink Monster to you but he is just the Namjoon who willing to do everything for the sake of my happiness.”

Sehun who was watching it live laughs at her sister antic.

“You are not nature yet Naeunnie. Look at the mess that you had just started.”

And Sehun is right. The mess is ongoing until the couple announce their engagement and after three months, Kim Namjoon weds Son Naeun.

 

The End

 

I wrote this based on Minhyuk part in It’s Okay MV and many of other part based on my idea.
Hope this one is okay for you darl! Thank you for requesting..