Reset Sequel (Be Mine Again)- Kim Jongin

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

“Eun ah.”

She sighs instead of answering. The same voice, the same plea. She had been hearing those since last 3 months. She ignored and keep walking.

“Eun ah.”

“Can you stop?”

“I just want to apologize.”

“And then what?”

“Let’s start over.”

Naeun laughs, and laughs before she stop ,her shoulder hunched.

“We have no reason to be together anymore. I signed the paper.”

“I tear them off.”

He said softly and she remains in that position, her back on him. Kai waited for her to say something but she did not.

“Eun ah. We are still legally married.”

“Look who talks about something legal.”

She said, starts to walk again. Kai slowly walks behind her, making a gap so that she won’t feel too uncomfortable. At the junction before they reach their marital home; it was Naeun’s home to start of, she stops and finally turn to make an eye contact.

“Listen Jongin.”

He nods, waiting as she was battling to spit words which seem blocked in . He just stare as she swallows the lump and trying hard to not cry.

“Jongeun is not here anymore. Me and you, we married because of him and Jongeun too can’t stop the divorce to happen. I tried to hold on but you want it. Now that he wasn’t here, why did you want to start over? Why?”

She asks and wipes the stubborn tears that falls even though she tries very hard to not shed them. Not in front of Jongin but just like her marriage, she fail too.

“Go away.”

She whispers, the tears make it hard for her to speak. Her voice comes out like a squeak. Kai doesn’t care of anything at that moment and he strongly pulls her in his embrace.

Naeun struggles weakly and punches him where she could but soon she lose her energy and she let him hugs her and she cried on his chest.

Kai kisses her head and Naeun can’t stop him. She cried more, that she is not as strong as she was when she is a mother. Her strong will to stand along was gone with Jongeun. She thinks she could handle everything for her son but she too is a woman. How long can she stand alone without any pillar to lean on.

She then gain her sense and she pushes him away with all her remaining energy and shakes her head. She needs someone but Jongin is not the one. He care about only himself.

“Eun.”

“No!”

She stops him, shaking her head again. She steps backward and stops him again when he wants to touch her.

“Enough Jongin. I can’t take it anymore. It’s hurting a lot.”

“Please Eun.”

“No.”

She said and quickly ran, Kai looks at her with guilt and full of regrets. He then retreats to his friend’s house and again, he drown himself in alcohol.


+++


“My Jongeun.”

She called, smile on her face. She was looking fresh and wore her favourite pastel colour dress that she just bought.

“It’s been three years baby.”

She said to the picture, change the now wilt flower to a new one.

“Omma have to leave you longer this time. Omma got to work in an academy. I will ran here when I have time okay.”

Like always, the picture only smile back at her. Naeun stops pleading him to answer her after a year; she can take that Jongeun won’t come back alive and responds to her.

“I hope you are doing fine there. Wait for omma. Even though it will be long, I’ll definitely come to you.”

She said last and walks to her car; she just bought it after she sold her house and buy a new one, which is smaller than the old one. Big house leaves big scar and Naeun still can feel Jongin in that house too so she doesn’t want it to happen again.

She was heading to a mart one day when once again she was blocked by Jongin. He wears white, something he wears when they are going to have because Naeun likes it when he wears white.

She shrugs it off and crosses her arm, staring at him.

“What is it? You stop following me just last week.”

“I did not stop, I have to go to Busan.”

“Oh.”

She said while taking her eyes off him.

“You are leaving for Ilsan?”

“I’m totally amaze by your ability Jongin. You know everything.”

“I’m making sure that you are safe.”

Naeun chuckles.

“You can stop feeling guilty now. Three years had passed.”

“It’s not about being guilty. I want you in my life Eun.”

“And I want you to stop. Three years living with you is enough.”

She said.

“I found the person I want to spend my life with.”

He said ,eyes pleading while a small smile on his lips.

“And it’s you.”

“Jongin. I can’t.”

“Please Eun. We never separate too. You know that right?”

Naeun sighs because Jongin is right. They never went through a divorce. She too let it go without thinking much about it. She won’t get married again. Once is enough.

“Let’s live together again Eun ah.”

“Wae?”

“I miss you.”

“And what? You gonna throw some cheesy words? I’m not going to trust you Jongin.”

“I miss you not in a cheesy way Eun. You know I’m not cheesy.”

“Don’t do that. Don’t make me remember that I once know all about you and your habit.”

Her voice trails away as she spoke trying to not cry again. She too miss him. She knows it. Though she hates him sometimes, her heart still beats Jongin.

“I miss you in my life Eun. Please.”

“No. You please. Don’t.”

Jongin shakes his head.

“I want you. Not in a way I want you before. I want you by my side. As my wife. Stay by me, stand by me. I will love you more than you can imagine. Please Eun.”

He said, trying to reach for her and Naeun steps back, hugging her body and looks down.

“Please.”

“I don’t know. It’s. I’m in pain Jongin.”

“So please, let me help you. Let me cure that pain.”

“What if.”

“Eun ah. Please. Just say yes.”

“Sometimes its better to be alone.”

Naeun shakes her head after that and step away from Jongin who just stare at her.

“I really want you Eun ah.”

He whispers solemnly. And when Naeun had disappears from his sight, an idea crosses his mind. He smiles.

“I hope this worked.”


+++


“Unni.”

Naeun protest, but Chorong pats her hand.

“He looks determined and he is not the old Jongin.”

“How can you say that unni? You don’t know him.”

“So you know him?”

“Yes.”

Naeun said quickly and Chorong smiled.

“He is a bad man, an irresponsible guy, a jerk, a trash and all the bad thing one can posses right?”

Naeun was hesitates but she nods curtly.

“So Naeunnie, what makes you fall in love with him last two years? When you cried as he hold Jongeun with love?”

Naeun was shocked. How can Chorong knows.

“I know. You still love him. You are just upset.”

“I don’t know unni. What if?”

“He is a changed man. Do you think old Jongin will do these things that he does to get you back? And for almost 3 years?”

Naeun doesn’t answer. Chorong is right again. Old Jongin won’t even care about walking her home, waiting until she safely was home and try his best to see her everyday.

“It still pain me unni. I still can imagine how scared Jongeun is.”

“Share that with Jongin. Tell him how much you love your son and how you need him to say it’s okay. That it’s not your fault.”

“But I let him take Jongeun with him.”

Chorong clasps Naeun’s hand with hers, tucks her strand of hair behind her ear and smile fondly at Naeun.

“Talk heart to heart. Sit down and talk. Don’t just talk with anger. I know you long enough chagiya. You might find your way to happiness.”

Naeun sighs and slowly nods.

“Gomawo unni.”

And Chorong can only smiled. Jongin seeks her help and she too can’t reject that request. She knows Naeun loves Jongin and Jongin too loves her. So why not she helps two broken soul to get back together.

“Talk to him, okay.”

Naeun nods and slowly her mind flew to think about Jongin.


***


Naeun press the bell and waited. She is nervous and curious too. Where is this actually?

The house is big and spacious, it has a reasonable enough lawn and garage that had two car seated in it. There is a motorcycle; the one Jongin had from before.

Naeun herself is amazed how she always loves bad boys. And she falls for his invitation when she saw the bike. She chuckles. She is easy indeed. Easy for Jongin. That’s why she is here now.

She was about to look at her right when the door open to reveal a smart looking Jongin, clad in white shirt tucks in a pair of khaki coloured pant.

“Come in.”

She nods and changes her flat shoes with a slipper that Jongin signal her to wear. She follows him and was brought to a living room. She sat down when he asks her to and release the breath that she had been holding.

“Jongin.”

“Let me.”

She reluctantly nods. She is here to listen to him so she will listen. She looks at Jongin who had seated in front of her.

“Go on.”

“I changed Eun. You can see it too right?”

She nods again.

“I left that job at the night club.”

“You love it there.”

Jongin smiled. Naeun knows that. Of course she knows.

“I have no future. I left it and become a composer.”

Naeun widens her eyes.

“I saw you play piano and I do it too. Making some songs and send it to an entertainment company. It becomes a hit. After two years, I bought this house. I am dealing with some people to have my own studio too.”

He smiled, looking at Naeun who was calm.

“I’m building my future, so that I can share it with you. If only you are willing to start over with me.”

“This is just too sudden.”

Naeun said, sighing.

“I never thought you will.”

She paused. Looking around the house and sigh again.

“Change this much. You are so different.”

She continued, changed her sitting position and look at him.

“I just want peace Jongin. I want my peaceful life back. I’m just tired of what I’ve been through. I’m tired of being in pain.”

“Of course.”

He said, clenching his hands together. Persuading Naeun leads to failure he guess.

“Promise me then Jongin. That we will lead a peaceful life together, a life that you will lead me to only happiness. Can you promise me that?”

“Eun?”

Naeun smiled, a thin but sincere one. Jongin smiled too. A big and relief one.

“Eun ah. Thank you. I promise you.”

He lowered his head, crying as his emotion fails him. And soon, Jongin is on his knees, makes Naeun surprised.

“Jongin!”

“I made too many mistakes and I shamelessly want you. You are an angel Eun. I.”

“Stop that.”

She said, hugging his shoulder and rubs his arm.

“Let’s not cry again. Jongeun won’t like it.”

Naeun said softly and Jongin nods, wiping his tears roughly. Naeun smiled and cups his face, staring with love.

“On my way here, I realize I love you. Even if you are still the bad, meanie Jongin. Even if you are still a night club DJ, I’ll still want to start over with you.”

“Really?”

She nods again and Jongin was quick to envelope her thin frame in his arm. He kissed her hair.

“Thank you.”

He whispers again and Naeun feels how comfortable she is in his embrace. She nods, tightening the hug.


+++


“I told you to not run.”

Naeun scold the toddler who now pouting at her mother while crossing her arm.

“Are you showing some attitude at me Kim Nahee?”

“Say sorry Nahee.”

“Sorry mommy.”

She said cutely while rubbing her hand together which succeed in making Naeun laugh.

“Okay. You win.”

Naeun said and crouched to hug her daughter and let her kiss her cheek.

“Remember Nahee princess, you can’t run to mommy like that again okay.”

“Neh appa.”

“Good girl.”

Jongin ruffles Nahee’s hair and the three years old walks to her room while dragging her Barbie.

Jongin then walks to Naeun who had seated down while huffing. He snuggles onto her neck and grins when Naeun pushes him. It’s her turn to sulk.

“Come on Eun. Nahee loves you.”

“But she loves you more.”

He laughs and kisses her pouty lips before lifting her up bridal style.

“Don’t. I’m fat.”

“You are just pregnant yeobo. And you are beautiful.”

And that once again succeed in making Naeun who now pregnant with twins smiled. She loop her arm around his neck and the smile on her lips never fade.

Jongin keeps his promise as much as he could and they did live only with taking the good memories with them.

 

 

 

 


Done!

I retouch to give a dragging happy ending while hoping that you guys will love it.

Until then, Cherrykaieun ♡