One More Chance- Jackson, Mark GOT7

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

Naeun was hesitant at first but here she was right now; walking towards the lobby of his company.

“Can I help you?”

A lady in grey outfit asks her and Naeun smiled before she answers him.

“I’m looking for Jackson. Can you tell him that I’m here?”

“But miss, who are you?”

Smiling, she sadly said.

“Tell him that I’m Son Naeun. That I came to see him.”

“Sure miss.”

The receptionist then make a call and Naeun sat on a chair, she breath out and caresses her big belly.

“Miss, he can’t meet you. You have to make an appointment.”

“No? Even just for a while?”

“I’m sorry. His schedule are packed.”

Naeun stood up and smiled.

“Thank you miss.”

The receptionist bows at her and Naeun walks out to the bus stop.

“You should have waited for me.”

She looks up and saw Mark smiling at her. She smiles too and shakes her head.

“I don’t like being a burden to you.”

“I told you that you are not.”

He helps her up and Naeun huffs as her waist give her a hard time.

“See.”

He said and she laughs. She shakes her head and follows him to his car.

“Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it.”

She nodded and puts on the seatbelt.


+++


“I’ve been having weird dream.”

He said to his doctor and the lady crosses her arm in front of her chest.

“What kind of dream?”

“It was a view of an ocean. I saw a silhouette.”

“And?”

“It keeps repeating. Only that part.”

“It might be who you met before the accident. Where you might stay for the time being.”

“But no one is telling me about it. I don’t have any idea.”

“The ring?”

Jackson shakes his head too. The doctor crooked and nods.

“You might remember it sooner that I expected. Keep thinking. You might got it.”

He nods and stands.

“Thank you. I’ll come again.”

“Let’s wish that you will remember then.”

He smiled.


+++

 

Mark keeps pacing as he waited and glances at his watch now and then. 2 hours had passed but Naeun is still in there.

“Please be fine. Please be fine.”

He chanted as he waited and soon, his name was called.

“Are you Mrs Son’s guardian?”

“Yes. How is she? Is she okay?”

The nurse smiled and nods.

“She gave birth to a healthy son. We will transfer her to the ward. I’ll let you know then.”

“Thank God. Thank you nurse.”

Mark quickly praises to God for the blessing and called Naeun’s best friend to tell her the news.

As soon as the nurse tell him where Naeun was, he excitedly went to see her.

“Oppa.”

She called him, smiling. He too smiled at her and caresses her hair.

“Good job Naeun ah. You did great.”

She nodded and look at the cot beside her.

“Look at him.”

She said and Mark carefully carried the new born and kisses his forehead.

“He takes after you.”

Naeun knows he was lying to not make her sad. She had taken a good look at her baby and he looks exactly like her ex husband.

“Name him oppa.”

“Can I?”

He asked and she nods.

“Can I call him Brian?”

“Sure. Anything will do. He definitely will like the name.”

Mark sat beside Naeun and smiles at her.

“Brian.”

She called and smiles when her baby wriggles in Mark’s arm.

“He knows his name now.”

He said and both smiled as they look at the bundle of joy.


+++


Three years had passed and Naeun now had worked in a day care while Mark still work in a software company.

Brian had grown up as a handsome toddler and he resembles his father a lot. Naeun wept to sleep sometimes because even his habits is of Jackson’s.

Mark had always been with both mother and son. He is sincere in helping them and at the same time, his love for her keep blooming until one day, he propose to marry her.

“I don’t want us to get married with you sympathize on me or I’m being thankful to you and make this a way to pay you back. We won’t be happy with that feeling alone.”

She said and wipes her tears.

“I love him oppa. Even though you are the nicest person that I ever met, he is the one that I love. And I’m not worth it. You are too nice.”

“Naeun ah.”

He called and she chuckles, wiping the flowing tears with the end of her sleeve.

“I can live with my son alone. I don’t need another man in my life.”

“You don’t need another man, but what about your son? He needs a father figure. I can be the one. I love you.”

“Oppa.”

“Listen, Naeun ah.”

He inhales and holds her hand.

“I don’t mind if you won’t love me back. Just give me a chance to give a better life to you. I know I’m not wealthy. But I.”

“It’s never about wealth oppa. It’s just that I don’t want to be a burden to you. You are too nice. I am afraid that you will got hurt.”

“Aniyo. I won’t. Please.”

Naeun look at her hand that was still in his. She sighs. He had been a good friend. He is always there when she needs a pillar. Her heart yearns for her husband but this man here is always by her side whenever she needs someone.

“Thank you oppa. Thank you for granting me the chance to be your wife.”

The latter smiled; and she too smiled. Taking her in his embrace, he kisses the top of her head and heaves a long sigh.

 

+++


Naeun smiles wide at the vast sea in front of her. She hugs her own body while she closes her eyes. The sea breeze welcomes her like usual. It never pushes her existence away.

“Are you happy?”

Come a voice and she quickly turns around.

“Oppa?”

Jackson smiles and walks to her.

“Why don’t you come looking for me?”

He asks, his tone was sad. She keeps looking at him and she fails to see if he is being sarcastic.

“I did.”

She said, eyebrows met together.

“But you said you can’t see me.”

She added and he rubs his face.

“I remember it all now. You are my wife. And we are expecting a child. I have to go back because father was sick but I met with an accident instead. I lost most of my memories; and I couldn’t forgive myself that you are one of the memories that I lost.”

His man tears burst and falls down his cheek. She blinks her eyes; tears welling up.

“I love you Naeun. I keep having this dream about a lady in front of a beach. I tried looking but there are too many beaches.”

Jackson paused to wipe his tears and he walks a few step closer to her.

“I finally saw you now. Today. And it was after I remember all about you. About us. About how I love you so much that my heart ache.”

He said and she is in a messy state right now. Tears won’t stop falling out from her eyes as she saw him. And him crying is one of the reason why she feels so melancholically sad.

“I. I’ll get married later in the afternoon.”

She said; her hand.

“No. You are my wife. How.”

“We had been through divorce. You send me the papers; threatening to take my child if I won’t sign it.”

“No. I didn’t do it. I don’t even.”

“Ara.”

She cuts him; nodding as she too wipes her tears.

“Your father must be the one.”

She said, now smiling.

“Maybe we are just not meant to be.”

“Naeun ah.”

“Goodbye oppa.”

“But.”

“I won’t hate you. Now that I know the reason. I understand that it’s not you who throw me away.”

“Naeun ah. Please consider your decision.”

She shakes her head.

“I’ll marry him. I can’t hurt him. He is always there for me.”

“Naeun ah, don’t you love me?”

He asks in low voice that Naeun has to swallow the lump in .

“I did. I still do. But I can’t. Maybe we aren’t suppose to be together.”

She wipes her tears clean and smiles at him before she left. Jackson stoned in his position and after few moment, he drops on the sandy beach, crying.


+++


“Wasn’t you suppose to be smiling Naeun ah?”

“Oh oppa.”

She said, faking a smile when she saw Mark from the mirror.

“You are pretty.”

He said, a hand on her head, caressing it as he smiles. Naeun tried to smile but her smile won’t reach her eyes.

“I’ll wait for you outside.”

He said, sighing. She nodded, still have the fake smile.

“Am I doing it right?”

She whispers to herself as she look at her appearance on the mirror. She fists her hands that was on her lap.

“Why. Why did you come now?”


+++


“Naeun.”

Her best friend, Hayoung came and gives her a fresh flower bouquet.

“Come on.”

She nodded and stands. She walks out to where the event will be held and keep looking down until she was stopped by a hand. She looks up and saw Mark smiling at her.

“You aren’t meant for me.”

He said, patting her hand. Naeun frowns and look at him. Mark shakes his head and guide her to the simple altar and she saw what he meant.

“Oppa.”

“You guys are supposed to be together. You had been waiting for him ever since. I am not supposed to ruin your happiness. Go on. He is your fate.”

Naeun is close to crying when he said that but she held it in.

“I’m sorry oppa.”

She said and Mark shakes his head once again. The same kind smile is on his face.

“Why did you have to fall in love with me and get hurt oppa?”

She thought and hugs him dearly before she walks to Jackson and was quickly engulfed in a tight hug.

“Marry me?”

He asks and she chuckles before nodding.

“Of course.”

 

 

 

 

 


Want a different ending for Mark?
Comment below.

 Love, Cherry