Look who’s here- Myungsoo

Naeun One Shot Collections

 

“Wow. Who’s here?”

Naeun flinch but straighten her pose and pretends to be brave. Her Chorong unnie had always taught them about self protection and be alert in this kind of situation.

She dodge the man’s arm that was blocking her way and walks ahead, holding tight onto her bag, just in case the man charge on him; she can beat him up with the only thing that can become her weapon.

“Agashi.”

The man called her again, this time his footsteps clearly shown that he is behind her, closely behind. She chose to not answer him; fastening her pace. The man chuckles and soon, the footsteps fade and Naeun saw that she is in front of her apartment building.

Heaving a sigh of relief, she walks ahead, bowing to the security guard and proceeds to her apartment.

“Naeun ah. You just come home?”

Chorong asks as she glances over the wall to check the time and raised a brow.

“I had to finish a proposal unni. The printing machine broke down. I have to wait until it is fixed.”

“Gurae? But are you okay? You look kinda pale.”

“I’m fine. Maybe I’m just tired.”

“Okay. Go on and wash up. Eat something before you sleep.”

“Neh unni.”

“Oh and Hayoung is not going to come home tonight. Don’t wait up for her.”

“Neh.”

Naeun puts her hand on her chest when she went into her room; feeling relief that Chorong doesn’t sense the petrified looks on her.

“I better bring something useful with me.”

She said and was startled big time when her phone beeps. She took her phone after few moments and checks the text message and smiles when it was her boyfriend, Myungsoo.

“I just arrived. On my way to freshen up. I’m fine and nothing happen. Don’t worry. Love you.”

 

She sends the text and tosses her phone on her bed. She then wash up with calming warm water and joins her unni for dinner before she excuses herself to sleep right after she was done helping Chorong with the dirty dishes.

“I hope I can go home earlier tomorrow.”

She wished; feeling the fear from the encounter with the earlier man.

 

+++

 

“I have to go home late again?”

“Sorry Naeun but boss needs this the first thing tomorrow. Just turns in the hours you work for overtime. He’ll just pay without many questions.”

“That’s not the case. I don’t want to go home late.”

She frowns.

“I really want to help you but I can’t. I have to cook dinner for my kids and I can’t do overtime with this tummy.”

“Kenchana unni.”

Naeun replied softly and took the documents from Hyuna. She just has to quickly work on the documents so that she can at least finishes an hour earlier.

“Naeun.”

Naeun raised her head and smiles when her boss emerged from his room.

“Yes sir.”

“Can you give me the filing for this month? I got to do something with it.”

“But I always do it on 27th.”

“It’s urgent. Please.”

“Okay sir. I’ll send it to your table when I’m finish with it.”

“Really? Thanks Naeun. I need it in an hour or so. I have to go to a meeting at 2. So can you?”

“I’ll finish it sooner sir.”

“Thanks again. I know I can rely on you.”

He then gets on the phone again and went into his room after saying some stuffs. Naeun sighs for the nth time today as well.

She glances at her bag and feels a little confident. She somehow manages to grab an umbrella.

“You might just be my armor.”

 

+++

 

Naeun walks quickly. She needs to reach her home as fast as he could but when she ran, the footsteps that follows her runs too.

She bites her lips and continues to just walk. Her only weapon is with Hyuna. When she was going to go home earlier, it was raining. Pitying her colleague, Naeun lends her umbrella to Hyuna; saying she can manage if it’s raining.

“I should just say yes when oppa wants to fetch me from work.”

She murmurs in whispers, still walking nervously. Naeun was close to the end of the alley when she somehow trips on her own leg.

The guy that was following her hugs her to avoid her from falling. Naeun screams out her lungs and tries to free herself. The man holds her too tight that the little strength she has couldn’t save her from him.

Naeun was crying when she was put down. The man turns her around to face him but she keeps looking to the dark road, terrified.

“Heyy. It’s me.”

He removes the hoodie on his head, smiling to her.

“Myungsoo oppa?”

She asks with shaking voice. He nods. Naeun then charge into his embrace when he spread his arms, smiling.

“Do I make you scared?”

She nods on his chest. She tightens her holds on his back, making Myungsoo smiles in return.

“You better don’t do that again. I’m nervous to death. I was ready to fling my bag earlier.”

Myungsoo who normally don’t talk much, just chuckles again, tightening his hug, letting Naeun calms her heart beat. He then spacing himself from her, ruffling his beloved hair before he hugs her again and kisses her head.

“So listen to me when I said I’ll drop you off.”

Naeun nods carelessly, feeling safe in his arm.

“Deh.”

She manages to answer him before Myungsoo walks her to her apartment, now walking hand in hand.

“Tell me if you can’t sleep.”

“Waeyo?”

“I’ll read you bed time story.”

Naeun laughs and leans on his arm.

 “But why are you going through the trouble to follow me?”

“I’m a gentleman.”

“What?”

He chuckles.

“A gentleman never let his girlfriend walks home alone.”

“Okay.”

She cooed and he stops to kiss her when they were about to closing by to her building.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

She answers him with a smile and walks towards her building with him watching her. She knows her Chorong unni will asks if she went for a drink today. But she just can’t stop blushing.

“Naeun ah.”

“Neh.”

“Are you drunk?”

Just like what she had expected.